1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  2. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    Where can I get more information about this DRAMA?

(I feel the need to add the underline under the DRAMA word)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 14
    • Old Old x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Toffee

Toffee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    Doiya_no_Oshi
    Maybe what you said is right. She may not want everything to develop like this. But what she wants does not mean what is roght/should be done. She might not want anyone be fired does not mean they deserve to stay after their poor management (I just want to emphasize they are not equal, does not mean I want them to be fired or not, I have no thught about this stuff).
    Fire any staff or any member (or any way of dealing) now is not just for Maho but for NGT48.
    Moreover, as there seems to be someone who sold idols' addresses (both 48G and 46G) involved in this incident, it is not really the story of only protecting her now. If the selling thing is true, something must be done. To protect idols, not only Maho.
    So while her thought is of great importance, it is not the only thing to be considered.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Is there any official statement about why Maho is not taking part in tomorrow (today?) event? Or just a notice?

Meanwhile on twitter people are really working on making all the creepy stuff Inapooh did visible. Semi unrelated question though... since privacy is important in Japan, don't they have a law against stalking? Or selling personal info? Why is this guy still around and free to break in Idol's houses?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Old Old x 1
  5. remusat

remusat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    "Poor physical condition", aka "we dun goofed".

• Like Like x 2
  6. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    He's very liberal with the dislike button I've noticed. Ignore it.

• Like Like x 4
  7. TWMASTER200

TWMASTER200 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    As much as I agree with a lot of the points people are making and that any attention that can be brought to some of the issues women face in Japan as well as this disgusting creep Inapooh is a good thing, I also think it is important we don't forget the source of all this. From Maho's words: one or more members gave out another members personal information, which resulted in an assault and management did nothing to address this. This is the core issue that, in my mind, has to be addressed. I know this is old, but that's kind of the point of me bringing it up again.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. ET920

ET920 Member

And this is what someone was referring to before, the mob quickly reformulates the original question into something that they feel is convenient, as if they knew what the victim needs and how it should be done. And as with any mob as time passes the casual and not-so-serious supporters leave to find new causes to support leaving behind the more radicals members of the movement, the ones that want more and more radical changes.

So we went from caring and sympathizing with her and worrying about her welfare to request for measures to protect them, asking for explanations, complain about police behaviour, then to witch hunt members and fans, ask for management to publicly apologize, then to ask for management to resign, ask for involved members to resign and now want their sponsors to quit. If this continues the obvious direction will be to ask for NGT48 to disband, AKB48 to end and finally to end the idol industry that exploits young women and men.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    We actually ONLY care about DRAMA, I speak on behalf of everyone who is reading this thread.

• Dislike Dislike x 14
    • Old Old x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Ephebia

Ephebia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Twitter:
    BERENiCE_gang
    Please don't speak on the behalf of anyone. We care about Maho's well being. This is not a reality show where you can stuff yourself with pop corn and plot twists, this is the lifes of girls who just want to feel save in their houses.

• Like Like x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Thank you. My japanese is still at kindergarden level... or less

12. Toffee

Toffee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    Doiya_no_Oshi
    Actually, no, not me. My life is full of drama already so no more drama is needed. It seems that you really craves for drama since your posts recently were just about this word.
    But no, although you really like drama, not everyone feels the same. This incident has been so disturbing and disgusting for me to enjoy what ever "drama" it could bring.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    don't feed the troll :fp:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm sure most of us have heard the bullying rumours concerning NGT48 at this point, so I think splitting the members in NIII and G was actually some kind of damage control. I can imagine there's two cliques (broadly) and management was trying to ease the whole thing by putting them in two different teams so the whole thing might cool down. I'm not saying everyone in Team NIII is a bully and everyone in Team G is a victim of bullying, but if there are bullies and bullied girls, they will most likely have put them in two different teams. If there is a bully in NIII, I imagine her target is in G and if there's a bully in G, her target is probably in NIII.

Once MUM48 finally comes into existence... I hope this proves to be true.

Women feel that kind of way all around the world and this "men will be men" belief isn't gonna help anyone (and yes, saying this is a cultural thing is kinda the same). It makes no difference where in the world you are. My own country is somewhere between America and Japan, being roughly 1100 years old, and I don't feel like especially older men feel any less different about harassing women than they did 50 years ago. The whole #MeToo and female empowerment thing is pretty new in every part of the world and has been going on as strongly as it is now for less than 100 years. That goes for the entire world.

Yes, some cultures will take a bit longer than others to respect women and treat them better. But I doubt this has anything to do with how old the country is. The #1 ranked safest place for women is Denmark, and that's about 1200 years older than America.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

If we don’t believe the words of a first account, are we going to believe the words of a corrupted management and third account instead?

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I personally only believe welp, because he has taken psychological classes

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Creative Creative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. qpet

qpet Future Girls

you forgot your emote [​IMG] (btw it's too small)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The way you use western feminism makes me feel quite uneasy, tbh.
    And I say that from a position of respect because we both have been here for years and I appreciate your opinions a lot.

The whole point of feminism (I can’t believe I’m writing this here) is, to say it bluntly, for women to feel free and do whatever they want without suffering the consequences they’ve been facing for centuries. Basically, to get all the opportunities men get.

It all ties up with the whole MeToo movement because women shouldn’t be dressing a certain way to avoid harassment/rape.
    Women shouldn’t be avoiding certain places to avoid harassment/rape.
    And so it goes.

I’m not saying Maho was attacked for being a woman, but she had her mouth covered and she was pushed to the floor because she was a woman and they were stronger than her.

The whole love ban rule is stupid, imo.
    But that is something inherent in the business of idols, we like it or not.
    I have admired AKS approach of ignoring whatever scandal Bunshun brings up.
    These are human beings and they have feelings and needs. Who are we (or management) to tell anyone not to date? That is not the issue here.

The issue here is the girls’ safety and how management approaches it when there’s a breach in it.
    It doesn’t even matter that the guys got her personal information (and of her parents!) because another member gave it to them. What matters here is that those guys were able to get so close to her that made her fear for her life and that management (Imamura?) shrug it off as if it was your usual dating scandal.

That’s not how tou take her of your workforce (to put it in your terms), when the 90% of it is basically teenage girls who could be in the very same situation as Maho.

• Like x 13
    • Agree x 5
    • Dislike x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 2
  19. heartstation7

heartstation7 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Rina
    Twitter:
    heartstation7
    @xrahmx translated an article recapping various responses to the story. Credit to them for their work, it's a good read.

Let's keep the conversation going on as civilised people because the ones who were supposed to protect these girls weren't. Our very words, little it may be, can lead to #JusticeForMahohon. International reactions including ours prove that.

twitter.com/HT_xrahmx/status/1083831513798590467

IMG_20190112_051935.jpg
    IMG_20190112_051938.jpg
    IMG_20190112_051940.jpg
    IMG_20190112_051941.jpg

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

That sounds more like Equalism which is concerned with equality of opportunity (which I fully support). Feminism, especially the recent far-left strain of feminism seems more concerned with Equality of Outcome. Feminism has become a bit of a dirty word with connotations of man-hating, with a lot of women not wishing to be called a feminist

Well, it was the girls who were dating that put Maho in danger. They gave these guys the combination to the door or buzzed them in, they possibly (probably) encouraged the guys to wait for Maho to come home and "invite her for fun times" or whatever it was they intended.

It does matter that members were giving members info to guys because that is aiding and abetting stalking at the very least.

Management knew about the girls dating and letting guys into the girls dorm and did nothing because of $ or other corrupt/nepotistic reasons. Then they swept it under the carpet because Maho is one girl with little power against multiple girls with connected families or rich wota and they thought she would bow down, kudos to Maho for breaking the omerta.

The police and prosecuter are also to blame for not taking assault and stalking seriously in Niigata, we've seen one man jailed in Fukuoka for stalking a HKT member but in Niigata it seems to be "boys will be boys".

• Like Like x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1