1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 8th [Kuroi Hitsuji] (2019/02/27)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 14, 2019.

1. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    to me anyone as center is fine as long as it's not techi. Nothing against her obviously but she needs to rest.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TargaK

TargaK Kenkyuusei

I've stated many times I am not a fan (to say the least) of dark concepts in general, but that doesn't mean that I hate groups with such concepts. The problem is that you can't be an idol and have dark image. It simply doesn't make sense to make a dark song and then the next day film a burikko episode or voice act as a cute girl in an anime. Does this mean they are the only one that do stuff like this? No, far from it. There a lot of groups like this. But, this doesn't make it okay.
    I respect groups that act like their concept, even if the fake it. But, keyakizaka is the exact opposite. For example, they sing songs about how school is so shit and they want to leave it as soon as possible and then members take 6 months breaks to study for exams or they graduate to focus on school.
    I get the marketing strategy. Edgy teenagers or depressed young adults are very good groups to target because they tend to spend much more money and time than a normal person would on their hobbies, because they feel someone "understands" them. So I get what Sony is trying to do with them. But, again, they shouldn't have made a idol group for this.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Well, Keya different style is what made it so strong and that caught the interest of a public that generally is not much interested in idols. If they made this groups as a "nogizaka clone", they wouldn't have reached that kind of popularity. And I don't see anyone in kanji keya acting "burikko" and making "anime voice", honestly.

Since it seems this single has a different vibe but still "keya" style, I'm so hyped to hear it.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

You are totally getting their concept wrong. I won't call it dark concept. I don't know why people even call it dark concept since there is nothing frightening or horror-like in their songs or MV. The fact is that, and we have to deal with it, Keyaki from day one is said to be not your typical idol, with those cutie cutie songs. Idols are known for their image. That image is what people want. So idols can sing about cheating and things but if they should do the exact thing they sing, people criticise.
    The songs keyaki make are songs with lyrics that battle society pressure. Studying for instance is not for everyone. There are bad and good students. Good students have no such problems but bad students think of school as hell, yet we still have society asking everyone to be intelligent. An example is Neru or Aoi and Techi. Techi, whom we all know, is bad in school so hates school. She says that all the time but still has to follow the norm and go to school. Aoi is intelligent and knew she doesn't have to waste it so she focuses on studies. Neru is intelligent and even though she didn't apply to the Uni, she still find learning fun therefore goes to the quizzes and all that. They are idols with struggles same as the general public. Good or bad, we still let our voices out. That is what they are doing. Them singing about school being hell, is not sending the message that don't go to school or quit. It just speaks about the inner struggle of the less than average student. Fukyouwaon (written for the members) is a great example. They sang about destroying stereotypes with discord which seems not really good in the eyes of society, but such things should be allowed so the youngsters can have a sense of justice. Even though it is not a good thing, there are lots of people who can relate to it.
    They are idols fighting society norms with their songs but they are also idols who have to maintain a healthy image. Both seems fine to the society.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tmfce

tmfce Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okamura Minami
    Gap moe tho

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    wow it's the 1st time I hear something like that.

I think you don't understand the concept of a concept. It is a concept. It is not real. It is something created. If they sing dark songs it doesn't mean they are dark irl or they should be. I mean...it's music ? creativity ? it's an art. it's not reality.
    So idols with sexy/cute "I love U boy" concepts should date and act naughty irl ????? but irl they've probably never touch a guy hand, it's not the same exact opposite that you talked about ?
    If I'm a rapper I should f*** b***** everyday and kill people ?

You just don't like this concept, don't call it fake because every concept are basically fake because this is an idea/imagination you come with.

People spend more money on dark concepts rather than sexy/cute concepts ?? in what world ? 90% of idols concepts are cute ????

I understand what's your pov but I just don't get it, you're completely wrong.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Always a good idea. The chef's recommendations are usually the best they can do. But this will not stop me speculating and wishing, lol.

Without being different in some way, Keyaki may have nothing special to distinguish them from other groups. Of course, I am a fan of dark, edgy and different, and hate the thought of Keyaki becoming another group like all the rest. But without Techi, they just can't do edgy well enough, in my opinion. So they have to find some other form of "different." I do think the group has a great resource in Neru that they have not found a way to use well in a single yet. And Suzumoto is an outstanding dancer and a decent singer with expressive ability. I myself do not expect Techi to be involved in this single -- or in these next few months -- at all. And I do expect a new centre and a new concept, perhaps strong message without the hard energy. I do expect Aki-P to really give Keyaki the best song he can, to make up for the lack of Hirate. Difficult and exciting time for all.

You can't be a normal idol group and have a dark image, but you can be Keyaki/Techi and project a dark image. I am struggling hard with the fear that Keyaki without Techi will sink into the mass and just be another group like all the rest, which it has not been so far -- for better and worse.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Fukyouwaon also says "conforming is no better than dying" and "if you want to deceive me you'll have to kill me first"
    Some of their stuff is definitely dark.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TigaSandi

TigaSandi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Isn't all song lyrics are written by Aki-P, who also write song lyrics of nogi and akb, right? So 'society rebel' are definitely a concept, a concept given to keyaki not to other group. That concept + Techi eye stare match perfectly. But other member also practising their stare lately, so they will be okay.

10. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    hoping for another love (or friendship?) song like Futari Saison with Sugai-sama or Yukkanen centers (though I wouldn't mind Techi again)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Heelo

Heelo Kenkyuusei

I actually really liked garasu wo ware and fukyowaon, so I kind of hope the next song will be similar. A song like Sekai wouldn't be too bad though either.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. TargaK

TargaK Kenkyuusei

Believe what you do, but for me music is not playing a drama. As I said, I believe you should act like your concept. This doesn't mean they have to do everything they say in the lyrics, but they have to have the general attitude. Most of the time idols that have cute concepts they also dress cute, speak in a forced cute way, they pretend that the "i love you" is dedicated to their fans " their one true love"(to quote someone), they act dumb and so on. When they are caught doing normal but a bit offensive stuff they are criticized for "breaking the innocence" by the media. Most "tough" concept rappers (especially the more undergorund ones) get tattos and piercings with "tough" and stuff to show how cool they are, they swear constantly and act tough and so on. A cute idol and rapper gives the vibe of a cute girl and a tough guy.
    Of course every concept is fake, but I keep my "controversial" statement that they should fake it to a degree to which they don't. For me it's just cringy to see a 17-20 year olds sing about revolution and freedom of speech and "speak your voice" while she can't even hold even hold a proper conversation (or at least acts like that - and here I am talking about my oshi in the group so I don't think that I am even biased). For me it is the same as those teen "gangs" that promote how cool they are and how hard they party, and how they are the best while we are losers while they are virgin introverts. And those are criticized for doing that, so should the dark but not really groups.
    About the money party, you haven't heard of rock, have you? As I said, a dark concept idol is, in my view, a contradiction in itself.

And no, there is no wrong in such a discussion. We are not discussing whether or not 2+2=4 here. This discussion is 100% subjective and no one here is truthfully right or wrong, we are just in the majority opinion or in the minority opinion. There is no "absolute truths" about culture, just opinions.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Wrong. It has nothing to do with the lyrics. Other groups also have those kind of "society rebel" lyric. For example, here is the lyric of Nogi's single Jikochuu de Ikou!:

I climbed the hill
    And started breathing heavily
    In the midst of the strong sun rays
    Was the spreading sea on the other side of the inlet

The frustration I’ve held forever
    Somehow it’s become a bit more clear
    Let’s quit it! Already…

I won’t let this moment go to waste
    Life passes in the blink of an eye
    The circumstances don’t matter
    That’s right, you could tell me whatever
    I’ll do the things I want
    Isn’t it good to be selfish?

My way
    My way
    Everything is unpleasant
    When my sweat flowed (wow…)
    I had only been ego searching
    Can I still be reborn even today?

It’s easiest to not stand out
    I understand being unable to be insulted
    But come on…

I won’t let this blue sky go to waste
    The evening rain is always coming
    There are things I can only do now
    No matter how much I surprise
    I should do things how I please
    Isn’t it good to be hated?

My pace
    My pace
    I won’t let this moment go to waste
    Life passes in the blink of an eye
    The circumstances don’t matter
    That’s right, you could tell me whatever
    I’ll do the things I want
    Isn’t it good to be selfish?

My way
    My way
    Just by uniting with everyone
    You won’t find life’s meaning or merit
    Do the things you want!
    Let’s be selfish!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Again I understand your pov and it sounds more believable now as you explained it more.
    I know that their image is maybe not matching perfectly with the concept but yet again I don't think its completely true. And the concept is not really "dark", I mean they are not all dress in black with gothic make up and singing hard rock all the time. It wasn't always like that and the "message" change at each single.

The Keyaki concept is more complicated than just "dark". They are Idols who don't act like Idols. They dont do aegyo, they don't act cute, they are just being themselves. If a girl is shy, she will be just shy, she will not be anything else. They don't really do "fan service", imo all of this is already being rebellious regarding the idol world society and all the rules you have to respect, so their attitudes are mostly matching with the concept.

Techi represents the Keyaki concept the most because she is the face of it, the face of the group, artistically and musically speaking. With center position, main singer, 50% mv screen time etc.
    Don't you think she matching it pretty well at least ?. You can also take in consideration the members attitudes in TV show, which is not very "Idol like". This is what Keyakizaka46 is imo. This is why they are different.

But I understand that this is what bothers you. They are in the Idol category and this concept is not very Idol like. Because they still have to do Idol stuff.

I have always considered Keyakizaka more than a music group rather than an Idol group so I get what it is that upsets you. The eastern musical culture is different than the western culture, there if you're a rapper you can't really behave like one irl because you have rules to follow and to respect. It is complicated lol. This is why a "concept" is even more abstract there. But I respect your pov even if I don't share it.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    On her showroom, Naako-chan talked about the 8th single and the similarities with what Yukka-sama said before on her radio show, gave us a strong clue.

Since is a new style with a strong message and for what Naako-chan said, probably the song is in "Futari saison" line. Also, seems the members think this song is "the best" and the lyrics are strongly related to the group (Yukka-sama said "only we can perform this song").

I shared the showroom video on Naako-chan thread, but you can also watch it here.

• Informative Informative x 4
  16. eve666

eve666 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    I didn’t like the last two songs and have been quite distant for months so I hope this one has that cool feel to it

I hope Suzumo is center she’s the best dancer and my fav

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kumosayi

Kumosayi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kawata Hina
    My hopes for this single are: Risa or Neru center (though just getting a new center would be good), having the 2nd gens taking part in senbatsu and starting with senbatsu/under groups. A more serene late winter / early spring song would be great tbh, and would let Keyaki show a different image than their usual (other than Sekai and Futari).

• Like Like x 2
  18. puripink

puripink Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    habumizuho
    If they go for Fujiyoshi Karin as Techi's replacement... i'll lose all my hope.

I'd gladly welcome a single centered on hardships with friendships (?). Like Yuuka said that it has a strong message, so maybe it's this one? Green is the colour of hope anyway, so it could sit well with the concept. W-center would probably go for Yuukanen or the Watanabes. As for solo centers i hope for either Berisa, Suzumon, Yuipon or Mizuchan, although Neru is a really strong candidate.

And i wonder who would be dropped off senbatsu to make a place for 2nd gen...

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I think Kanji 2nd gen won't be participated in this single. On the HS information, mngmnt only include Kanji 1st gen and Hiragana 1st and 2nd gen. So, the posibility is higher here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Who is droppend from senbatsu, who will be chosen for senbatsu, who deserves more to be on senbatsu... how I would have loved never come to this point with Keyaki, but I guess here we are... I'd accept it with time, I guess.
    Musically speaking Ambivalent is perhpas the main song I liked less.... so I hope they can fully convince me with 8th single, As for the other songs... it's be hard to top Eccentric, MouMori and Hiraishin

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1