1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The BNK48 Thread

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. stormcaster

stormcaster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    DD
    I really think you should stop with the oversized images and multiple posts in a row. Just edit and add the thumbnails please.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    And no need to post same photo in every thread ,lol

3. welp

welp Next Girls

A video containing clips of Space Mission (including BTS scene)

if the video does not show watch the video here

The golden quote from this event might be Jennis' "Yesterday, I paid 300 Baht to see a fortune teller. He told me 'It depends on karma.' ".

Kaew, who ranked 8th, announced she would never again participate in election (too many hassles/ too many uncontrollable factors to her like). Cherprang had announced since before the election she would quit election if she ranked first because she did not wanna see fans wasting their money on her and she wanna give other girls a chance to shine. 2 high ranked persons will sit out next elections.

The teaser of the rom-com drama in which New is the lead female.

New played Love, a girl with the magic to transform into a boy. Love used her magic to enroll a boys' school because she fell for the top boy of the school. (Hana Kimi + Ranma Half?) While Love is the protagonist character, it's suspected that Love may be in boy form in most parts of the drama. This drama is a web-drama (exclusive to Line TV).

The anti-bnk facebook page (SexyBNK) has gone for good.

Thailand directly involved in WW2 and the Swastika symbol actually is fairly well-known in Thailand. Swastika controversies, in most cases, are not really about the person involved not knowledgeable on the Nazi history but largely due to different cultures. To the Thai, Nazi and Hitler were disrespectable thus, they may be subjects for parodies, just like how we treat bad politicians. Meanwhile, the usage of a picture relating to a respectable figure must be done carefully (and usually formally).

For example, this was a controversial mv from a fairly popular band released some years ago.

The graphic went along with the lyric saying 'Are you Hitler? Why are you so manipulative?'. The mv has been removed from the official channel of the music label. Hitler was used as a symbol of tyranny/abusive dictatorship.

Anyway, it looked like Namsai was clueless about Swastika and Nazi.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. shibahi

shibahi Kenkyuusei

^ah thank you! i was so curious about kaew’s speech bc it was so long.

(does anyone want to summarize music and mobile’s speech, pretty please ‘~’)

and New’s drama kinda looks like an undercover BL drama...thailand is pretty chill with with BL anyways why don’t they just go all the way lol. btw she is so cute, kinda sad my top 2 visuals of gen2 (her + june) doesn’t seem too hot with the wotas this election

5. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    I've translated some of the speeches! You can check it out HERE.

Yeah, it's a shame about June and New. New didn't get much chance to promote herself because she was busy filming the drama, which might have affected her capacity to gather new fans. June has been doing better in recent months and should do better after her drama gets released as well.

6. welp

welp Next Girls

Actually, it was not what she said during the event but in Showroom equivalent app.

I won't worry about how popular New and June (and Fond) are among wotas. They have the look to thrive as actresses, to be popular among general public. The agency is dumbass if it doesn't push them. They possibly will survive even if BNK go downhill.

New's drama indeed is a part of a boy group projecct (9by9) so, yeah, New may not get to shine here. Still, she got to work with and know a great production team (Nadao/GDH). If the director was impressed with her attitude, she may be casted as a main actress of another more public friendly drama from this production team.

On the other hand, I think it's wrong for AKS to push a member basing mainly on her handshake sale. The agency needs to balance between what general public like and what wota like. AKB's popularity according to LINE Music survey has dived from 4.7% in 2017 to 2.6% in 2019.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Sorry for off topic but I think there are certain aspect that should be known to understand the direction and the state of AKB48 right now.

I don’t think that dive is major problem btw. AKB48 is 13 years of idol group. They are considered as veteran idol group. They are passing their prime. They had losing their freshness in the eye of general public. It is not that bad. It is common in idol world. Besides, during their heyday, AKB48 rule JPop idol world during the same time SNSD rule KPop idol world. They had achieved many things already.

I think management is in the phase that they realized that whatever they do, they will never regain the interest of the public. Public had moved on to other new things. As far the direction I see, I think that management become more fan oriented rather public oriented because at this time, fan that spending money to keep the group afloat not general public.

Besides, Annin and Kato Rena are not top handshake seller (Annin not doing handshake anymore since that slashing incident) but management had been pushed them in senbatsu for years. I think that the reason why they are being in senbatsu because they are being known with their beauty and management think that it is something that general public will like. Hence, even saying that management pushing mainly on handshake sale also to certain aspect is incorrect.

Moreover, currently, who is the member that you think is well liked by general public that deserve to be pushed by management? Are there any indicators that these particular members is well liked by general public like survey, questionnaire or something?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

An mv with a familiar face

(Perfume and Momoiro Clover debuted around the same time yet are still very popular in Japan) Morning Musume was huge in J-pop before it was taken down by AKB and, now, AKB is being taken down by Nogizaka. Without rebranding, AKB is heading into Momusu's current position. They need to do something while they can still draw attention from media. Actually, AKS is aware of this and, Sakamichi48 and Produce48/IZ*One are some attempts to inject something new into AKB brand. Plausibly, AKB will never peak as high as it once was yet, it should not keep declining. The group needs to keep reeling in new fans as old fans will not stick forever and can switch to another group or just quit devoting to idol over time. I.e., the fandom will gradually shrink without new fans.

Are you sure the agency pushed the 2 because it thought "the public" and definitely not "the fan" would love pretty girls? There are definitely some unclear factors and, sometimes, girls who did not seem to be that hot in handshake nor did she seem like the type the public would love got pushed. I am not in the artist management section of the agency thus, it's not my job to tell who the public will love. And, they can be various charms to appeal the public. For example, Cosmic Girls' agency pushes chatty and energetic Dayoung to variety shows, talented vocalist Yeonjung to drama ost. and, pretty face Bona to dramas etc. It's the agency task to tell which girl will work for which type of job and this talent plays a key role to the success of the group and, in turn, the success of the agency.

9. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

But they are not as bloated as AKB48. AKB48 is as similar as Morning Musume and AKB48 is facing the similar problem with Morning Musume, the older generation are leaving and younger generation is not as popular as the older ones. When I am saying that it is common in idol world I am referring to Morning Musume and to certain aspect majority of KPop girl group.

Yes, they need to do something but I don’t think it will involve “general public”. Even I honestly doubt that whenever Aki-P produce any group whether 48Goup or Sakamichi Series, he have “general public” in mind. Yes, I agree that Sakamichi48 and Produce48/IZ*One are some attempts to inject something new into AKB brand but I highly doubt that it focuses primarily on “general public”.

Regardless of whatever reason they got pushed. Having a good handshake is not one of them. Hence my point is still valid that saying that management pushing mainly on handshake sale also to certain aspect is incorrect."

10. welp

welp Next Girls

A controversy around Music
    Music was video recorded going to cinema with a fan just the 2 of them. It's definitely inappropriate for an idol to hang out with a fan but, it became complicated as the fan also was Music's old friend. It got even more convoluted as that friend, albeit was female, looked like a stud and Music once dated a girl so, some wota questioned if Music secretly dated after debut. (The video was dated recorded several months ago.)
    The video recorder and leaker was CherSic shipper turned Music anti. As this friend fan also was the only fan releasing Music focused fancams on regular basis, someone speculated the leaker wished this controversy resulting less Music focused contents thus subsiding her popularity.

K-pop is a whole another landscape where everything gets old fast. It's not comparable at all.

Whether it is common or not (indeed, a group that can be this popular after a decade is magnificent), AKS needs to do something or AKB is on a countdown.

Nah. "General public" is fucking important. It's so hard to gain new fans without media coverage and, no media will give AKB a damn if only wotas care at all about the group.

Handshake sale definitely is one of them and is the primary factor. Why Moeka is being pushed? Not because she sell handshake tickets well? Will Ogiyuka be a regular senbatsu if she do not sell handshake this well?

11. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Of course both are different but both are being label as “idol”. Even you excluded KPop. The trend in JPop is not that much different. Onyanko Club rises and fall, Morning Musume replaced them. Morning Musume rises and fall, AKB48 replaced them. AKB48 rises and fall, Sakamichi series replaced them. Sakamichi series rise and in the future they will fall, and new group replaced them.

Of course AKS needed to do something to make the sure the whole franchise is afloat but I don’t think that AKS will emphasize the public.

You say KPop are whole another landscape but you are prone to put KPop landscape to JPop one. AKB48 is established within the landscape of Japanese subculture. I think you know that AKB in AKB48 is stand for Akihabara and I think you know that Akihabara is well known place for. As AKB48 grew they gain public recognition and now they had passed the peak and public had moved on to fresher group. Instead of relying on the public which had moved on and more stingy in spending money, is it better to focus on the subculture of where you are coming from which are willing to spend money on you.

Of course handshake sales are one of them. I never say handshake sales are not the indicator for management to push certain members. What I am refuting is that handshake sales are the ONLY indicator for management to push certain members and I had proved that.

12. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Perspective : CEO BNK 48 office [With English Subtitle ;)]

13. welp

welp Next Girls

Orn was spotted at Yuri (from Girls' Generation)'s fanmeet.
    https://twitter.com/BNK48Fans/status/1094564768990384128

Why do I need to repeat over and over that AKB needs media coverage to keep afloat and it won't get substantial media coverage without public recognition? Why is this so hard to understand?

What bull argument is this? How can you not see K-pop is now invading Japan? Twice has surpassed AKB on LINE Music's popularity survey. IZ*One is doing damned well in Japan perceived as Korea based/K-pop group. We discussed over K-pop's Korean market, didn't we? K-pop's Japanese market also is different from Korean one with Tohoshinki keeps filling Nissan Stadium with barely any new Japanese release and Shoujojidai hung in 9th place on LINE Music's popularity survey with zero Japanese activity for 4 years (while their domestic popularity has faded out). Not just its idols and music, K-pop is injecting its system into J-pop via NCT and JYP's Japanese girl group. Also, despite not directly massively imported into the country, the K-pop system/concept/style is being adopted in C-pop, the market AKB is attempting to break into, via all Produce based survival shows and their K-pop idol or ex-K-pop idol trainers/hosts. (Basically, the rise of idol market in China is influenced by/built after K-pop.)

You have to look up what is the definition of "mainly" and if it's exactly the same to "only".

14. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

First you said that Kpop landscape is different than JPop. Then, you put KPop landscape on JPop and repeating that over and over again. I refute you by saying JPop (or Japanese idol) is different than KPop since it is a subculture of their own especially AKB48 which is being established under this subculture (You can know from their name alone). This subculture that sustain AKB48 in the beginning until they gain public recognition. Now, since AKB48 had passed their peak, it is better for management (and I think that it is what they are doing) to focus on that subculture which willing to spend money (to the ridiculous level) while focus on the public which they will not.

I was there during the first invasion of KPop in Japan. Where were you during that time? At that time AKB48 had to face SNSD, Kara etc… AFAIK there are no talks about “AKB48 must become like KPop if not they are dead”. AKB48 survived that and now they had passed their peak. If you want to compare current KPop invasion in Japan, you must compare with the current representative of JPop idol (or “hot” JPop idol for this time) like Sakamichi Series. How are they fare in compare with KPop? Are there talk about “Sakamichi Series must become like KPop if not they are dead”

Yes, you used “mainly” but when you are forming your argument, are you taking into account that there are members that being pushed not based on handshake sales? Are you aware that there are girls like Annin and Kato Rena before I pointed out to you?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  15. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    According to BNK48 Official Facebook Page
    Due poor health, Piam going to ceases all activities and social net work at least 2 months from today.

Hope she's get well soon.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. welp

welp Next Girls

One Year teaser

Synopsis
    Mook (Ma'am Cattleya), a single mom of 5 daughters (Cherprang, Pun June, Wee, Mewnich) fell in love with Tum (Doo Sanya), a single dad of 2 children (Kao Jirayu and Fond). Petch (Cherprang), the eldest daughter of Mook, suggested that the 2 families might try living under 1 roof for a year to see if they could get along. Jane, Namsai and Ice Natharat are their neighbors.

Daheck. You're the one bringing "K-pop" into this discussion. The very point is AKB is a sinking ship if the agency does not try to re-branding it regardless of how well K-pop idols are doing in Japan. (And, spearhead K-pop acts to break J-pop market are Boa and TVXQ, not Kara nor Girls' Gen.)

Even the idol as the whole is a subculture, a niche. AKB is a niche within a niche and its coverage on mainstream media will gradually decline as it becomes nicher and nicher. This will in turn accelerate its sinking.

As AKB becomes nicher, its franchise, both domestic and oversea, will too be affected. How can NMB and STU keeps going when AKB itself has tanked? AKS definitely wants to keep AKB's public relevancy/recognition.

You keep talking about the 2. How about Mako? She seems to receive the same level of public interest as Rena but fans keep saying the agency has given up on her long ago due to poor handshake and election ranking. How about Chiyori, the top comedian of AKB? If she be a K-pop idol, she must have been in various variety shows regardless of how popular she is among fans. Seeing IZ*One's media coverage, AKS definitely can push Chiyori as comedy star.

The long duration and the social media ban lead to depression assumption and the question if she will just comeback to announce graduation. I don't think she fits BNK yet, I doubt if she can join any other promising girl group of a concept better fitting her. Sweat16 has a gay member who does alright but Piam goes beyond than just gay, she looks like she's going butch/transgender. (This is why she faced cyber bullying.) I don't think the country is ready for butch idol/girl group member especially when she doesn't have the pleasing look to back up.

They will be many girl groups to debut in the country within 2 years and a handful possibly will make it.

17. PunShark

PunShark Kenkyuusei

Poor Piam. Her sickness seems to come from a lot of stress created by cyber bulling. Hope she get well soon. She got bullied just because she doesn't have a fair skin and behave by a norm idol standard. I hope those people realize the amount of pain they caused to a 15-year old.

She can be gay/straight or whatever she wants as long as her choice doesn't hurt anyone. If you don't like someone, it shouldn't equal to hating them. Cyber bullying shouldn't be seen as a something that happen because of a person that is bullied.

18. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    It's not about her sexuality cause this and that's not important is she's gay or not, It's just cyber bullying. and it's need to stop.
    Even in announcement facebook post some troll still comment like is she really sick?, she's got punishment from comment with other idol group.

19. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Yes, Boa and TVQX are KPop act that break into Japanese market but if we want to talk about KPop invasion on the massive scale it was during the time of SNSD, Kara and other 2nd generation KPop girl group.

I bringing KPop because the way you are reasoning about public is KPop way of thinking. Yes in KPop, public recognition is important but AKB48 and idol industry in Japan is different. Although AKB48 is on the niche market but it doesn’t mean that this market is not profitable and sustainable. We are talking about second largest music market in the world and the fandom culture which in Japan is consider as subculture of their own which the fan is willing to spend money on you (on ridiculous level). That is why idol material in Japan is so restrictive and money draining. This is different in KPop, the content is more open and free to attract the public because CF is where the money will be at.

The talk about AKB48 is sinking is not that new. The talk about it had started 7 years ago (Why I said 7 years ago? Find it yourself). The main problem is that you must realize that AKB48 is so… pass their peak. They are far from their Golden Era (What and when AKB48 Golden Era? Find it yourself). If we can realize that, we can discuss about the direction of AKB48 in facing new younger, fresher girl group.

That is why I ask initially:

“Who is the member that you think is well liked by general public that deserve to be pushed by management? Are there any indicators that these particular members are well liked by general public like survey, questionnaire or something?”

You end up talking about you are not in the artist management section of the agency thus, it's not your job to tell who the public will love.

Anyway, Mako and Chiyori is not related with my current question which whether you are aware that there are girls that being pushed not based on handshake sales before I pointed out to you.

20. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    And people are being pretty terrible & disrespectful about it online, making wild theories & speculation without giving a thought to the fact that she might possibly (& very likely) come across their comments.

On the other hand, I came across this interview and am extremely impressed by how Cherprang handled it. The way she answered it is incredibly mature - just speaking directly without giving BS PR spin while still remaining respectful & answering the question succinctly.
    It's like watching verbal jiujitsu. They threw so many sharp pointed questions at her and she just deflected it so smoothly and elegantly while remaining laser-focused on achieving the best PR outcome for both Piam and the group. Handled way more expertly than many speakers in the Thai electoral debates. It's hard to believe she only became a public figure 2 years ago.
    She would really make a great politician one day. Also, all the girls look gorgeous here at this press conference.

EDIT: Also, the fact that she was the one who approached the management when she felt a break would be best for Piam demonstrates the kind of captain she is. Although she is not the warmest character or good at showing affection, her actions speak for themselves.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 2