1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    you really spilled a tea on this one.

2. Qtyu33

Qtyu33 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Guys see this, look like handshake queen of NGT will still be queen scandal or not no effect.

Attached Files:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Hinatan had a scandal? :confused:

NWM
    [​IMG]

Sentimental Train
    [​IMG]

Jabaja
    [​IMG]

11gatsu
    [​IMG]

Sukinanda#
    [​IMG]

(Might be worth noting that Jabaja outsold both Sukinanda# and 11gatsu. Iirc a lot of these ended up being empty orders.)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Qtyu33

Qtyu33 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Sure there was a decline for marina handshake but the fact she can still sell handshakes mean she will remain in NGT, general fans opinion does not matter at all.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  5. Theworld

Theworld Kenkyuusei

Let's see em!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    this is one
    what they said they would do

@qc_bb: AKS Executive Matsumura Takumi told Niigata Nippo on 1/22 that the third party investigation team will have 5-6 lawyers, compliance officers and mental health counselors.
    He also said results will likely not be available by the end of February.
    #NGT48
    #JusticeForMahohon

what actually happened
    @qc_bb: #NGT48 announced a third party investigation team today comprised of lawyer from 3 firms:
    Iwasaki Law - Consultant for Ariola Japan, NGT's record company
    Akasaka Mori no Ki Law - Head attorney was former consultant for Dentsu, AKS's partner
    Shinwa Law - AKS legal consultant

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dirkkun

Dirkkun Kenkyuusei

I find it hard to believe that everyone is completely useless in AKS to the point of not being able to find anyone. Some managers have shown themselves to be actually decent.

Beside the Maho wanting to come back thing and who was going to be in the 3PIT as chrissirhc said, the announcement of said 3PIT members came in the middle of the week rather than the beginning like they said it would previously. Yeah, those are not huge lies/mistakes, but when you're trying to rebuild trust... don't kick the hornet's nest. [hehe]

The "boycott side" is not just made of 'cut all links to NGT/48G and make sure they die off' people, there are fans who are worried about what their oshimen might feel pressured do in the future. Some are campaigning sponsors to put pressure on AKS rather than members, some are campaigning for the medias to actually investigate, some are just reducing/limiting their spending to what will most directly benefit their oshimen and ignore the more general stuff, some are just boycotting the members they suspect of having a part in... Like you said before, it's not really just two sides, but a whole spectrum of people. Oh, 十人十色. :^O^:

There are outcriers expecting impossible things in everything. That doesn't mean we shouldn't ask management to do/become better.

Right, it's all circumstantial evidence and not enough to prove involvement by itself (as opposed to direct evidence, which is a direct proof). I was just pointing out that it's funny you're defending members with the fact that there's no proof, but believe in the guilt of another when there's no proof of that either.

----​

Riko and Rena both sent mobame yesterday apparently.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Thank you. As you say, we obviously have a different viewpoint on things in various areas. I agree with some of what you posted and disagree with some of it. I don't see any need to dissect your post point by point as that would risk me just re-hashing things that I've already said. I think I've been reasonably clear in my opinion so far.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. Theworld

Theworld Kenkyuusei

And here I was waiting for that earth shattering evidence! "You know theres actually MORE evidence than...LoLjk psyched I was trying to make a point" next time come up with a better excuse.

What's stopping them ? They can write negative op eds after op eds and opinion pieces but can't do some actual journalisiming?

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  10. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Having different viewpoints is a good thing. With civil conversations, we can enjoy the rest of our day.

Or we can all do “revenge dislikes” like one poster “admitted” of doing for shits and giggles. :^^;:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Well, yes, but... presumably they're doing something else right now? Like... Yuasa seems fairly good, which is why it sucked when they sent him back to SKE and replaced him with Shinobu. If they have other decent managers I'd hope they were already busy doing something productive before this happened.

First off, the associations of those lawyers with AKS/NGT was posted to 2ch without any proof whatsoever, and last I checked it hasn't been confirmed. It shouldn't be difficult for the original source to provide that proof, or people with access to public records to dig it up. On the other hand, people are more likely to just believe this accusation because of what came out about one executive of Gondola (the third party investigation company that they hired back in 2017 to investigate the supposed mobile mail voting glitch). But in that case there was lots of proof of his association. Here there is none. I find that suspicious.

But moving on. Yes, they did fail to bring in compliance officers and mental health counselors as planned. Hopefully both will still be brought in at a later stage.
    And yes they did fail to meet the predicted announcement date (nitpick: the final announcement was at the end of that week not the middle). But making predictions about the future that don't turn out isn't lying, it's just speaking hastily and because of that being wrong. Saying what they want to happen without knowing for sure that it's going to happen. Of course it still hurts people's trust.

Ironically if they'd really wanted to hide something about the committee, the beginning of the week was the perfect time, as Arashi had just announced their 2020 dissolution.

Personally I'd also like it if people kept the pressure up on the bad wota. It feels to me like focus has shifted away from them to witch hunting members.

Most everyone agrees management needs to shape up, but since neither of the new people had a part in the events leading up to this it's kind of like we're shooting at Storm Troopers. "Management" without Imamura is just a faceless monstrosity.

It's true that there was a lot of red string in Rika's case too, but there were multiple photos (I don't mean the purikura-like HS 2-shots) and she admitted to doing something wrong. Regardless of how much was true, management's non-response to that incident (even to deny it) is just one more piece of evidence that they were leaving enforcement of the love ban to fans. That's why I brought up Rika, not to accuse her of anything.

I don't disagree. I just think some of what even reasonable people are asking is way more difficult than they seem to realise. While small solutions (like the committee) could just be an attempt to appease the public without really doing anything, they're also the only thing they can do, and a succession of them is the only way they're ever going to be able to address the big stuff.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Theworld

Theworld Kenkyuusei

If people actually read the original at NiigataNippo, they would see that the wording is pretty clear that the entire team will consist of 5-6 ppl (not 5-6 LAWYERS), with lawyers and "experts". At the time of interview he was still thinking what experts would consist of but thought "I think compliance is a big theme, and we are also thinking about mental health." They didn't even quote him verbatim for the 5-6 number, but did quote him saying lawyers and "probably" experts, which is pretty strange. I just go meh at this one at the straw grasping.

Apples and oranges... no one called for public lynching of Rika, maybe except antis. These ppl can't survive without a majority public support after scandals. You are right in Rika's situation she already admitted it and let the dirty laundry dry. If the two suspected are fired/quit that's as good as admitting the guilt, no matter how much they spin it as a reason to quit, their names forever associated with the case even if possibly innocent(lmao who am i kidding their names already are). I hope people see the reason why there needs to be more caution in this case, but i know people want the blood and want it now:!:

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Psh

Psh Kenkyuusei

I follow this case on onehallyu in the Japanese Entertainment Celebrity News & Gossip section. It surprises me that there are more news and information on what is happening in NGT48, AKS and Japan shared there than in this thread. Speculations and arguments are great and all but I assumed S48 would contain more translations, facts, news, rumors and insider knowledge than what is essentially a k-pop site.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    @Psh I'm curious, but can you give at least one confirmed news that is in OneHallyu, but isn't shared in here?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I'm just gonna call BS on that. Finally found the main thread. In my defense, search is completely broken there. The sumaiweb article on the apartment question is interesting, but like most of the thousands of similar investigative blog posts is just someone who used to work in real estate speculating based on how apartment complexes are normally run. Those machine translations though... ugh.

This is mostly BS. While it does look like Ayakani and Renapon probably did unfollow Gatanee at some point, perhaps in December, Tsugumin didn't unfollow anyone. Hinatan also probably didn't: There's a pattern among NGT48 members where Gatanee is the last one followed, and she is often separated from the rest of NGT48 by multiple non-member accounts. However this pattern extends to the official NGT48 account, so I think it's more likely a list of accounts to follow was missing her at first, rather than a majority of members + the official account delaying in following her. In Hinatan's case, while there are 33 accounts between Gatanee and the rest of NGT, she's still in the first 60 accounts followed, and there are another ~160 after her. Well before December.

qc_bb apparently didn't recognise Aina, but she also didn't unfollow anyone according to either Twitter or tw48.net (although the latter gets the order she followed some members wrong.)

There's a lot of other weirdness going on with the records kept by tw48.net which another chart was based on; but whatever caused that seems to have predated this incident.

I'll leave the last part of my original post because it's still relevant:

We could maybe stand to do with separate facts and discussion threads, to make the facts easier to find. They do get kind of lost, although if you know what you're looking for it's not hard to find them using the search feature. (And by facts I don't mean the latest poorly translated and mostly baseless summary chart.)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  16. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Perhaps it's because this is a 48g forum and some of us here took things a little too personally since the whole situation resolves around girls that they do actually like?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Qtyu33

Qtyu33 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Care to share them here ?

• Like Like x 3
  18. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    The CEO of Activision announced that 2018 was their most profitable year. They also just hired back their CFO at 900k a year with a 15mil bonus, so.

https://investor.activision.com/new...d-announces-fourth-quarter-and-2018-financial
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...15-million-sweetener-to-new-cfo-dennis-durkin

That said, Blizzard knew about the incoming layoffs and were offering high pay severance packages to anyone who would leave the company immediately. You could certainly argue Activision didn't make enough, but it comes off as corporate greed rather than actual under performance. Also, Western and Eastern business are quite different in attitude towards their employees. For example, Iwata took a pay cut to save his devs during his tenure at Nintendo. Twice.

I think the question to this argument is more would consumer based protesting work in Japan? How receptive are Japanese companies to their consumer base?

I'm ignorant on both counts, so no opinion from me.

19. Psh

Psh Kenkyuusei

【Niigata Daily】 NGT l48 issue feature article "Backside of spotlight

Backside of the spotlight Crime prevention system

Difficulty in protecting "private life" in local cities

Maho Yamaguchi (23) is a member of the idol group NGT 48 based in Niigata Prefecture, the two men who called themselves fans assaulted her in front of the her house in Niigata City. It will be one month on 8th.

Although NGT has gained popularity by being close distance, it became clear that the crime prevention regime which could lead to a big incident would be incomplete if we made a mistake. Experts point out that there is danger in the manner of management itself. The regular performance of theatrical performance will resume on the 9th. I explored the background of the incident.

On January 25, at the NGT 48 theater in Chuo Ward, Niigata City, the new manager Makoto Hayakawa (44) slowly lowered his head and said I'm very sorry for disturbing the fans and the people of the prefecture.

After the incident the administrative company "AKS" revealed that the male assailant borrowed a room across from Ms. Yamaguchi. In response to the police interrogation, the man stated that he wanted to talk. It seems that he was looking for the opportunity to contact.

NGT belonging to 42 people including students. A person related to the entertainment office in Niigata Prefecture said, "It is serious to protect one entertainer and it is necessary to have a considerable system to ensure the safety management of everyone."

In the regional cities with a small population size, it is easier to identify the living area and the action range. More than half of the members are from outside of the prefecture. "There are no family members, and strengthening security such as dormitories will cost a huge expenses, which is the result of the priority given to business over the safety cost."
    http://www.niigata-nippo.co.jp/sp/news/national/20190208449803.html

2/8 Niigata daily report
    [​IMG]
    http://chikakb.ldblog.jp/archives/54858120.html

NGT48 Maho Yamaguchi Is the group that caused the assault incident planning to cause a scandal for Arashi?

-East sports reported that "idol hunter group" who assaulted Yamaguchi Maho

-The group is said to have earned ticket resale and idols address book sale etc.

-A stake is also targeted, people involved are trying to target and cause a scandal that can be traded at a high price

The idol hunter group also targeting "Arashi" who assaulted NGT Yamaguchi Maho!

The "idol hunter group" that assaulted Maho Yamaguchi (23) a member of the idol group NGT48 based in Niigata found a new target. Ticket resale and handshake ticket resale, the hunter group is said to have earned by address book sales, Arashi announced the suspension of activities in 2020 Johnny the office of Arashi also had stretched out a hand I am surprised. Besides, the aim was not only to resale expensive tickets, but to plan scandals for members like Sho Sakurai (37), which they were planning to approach.

On the 9th NGT48 resumed performances in which regular members appeared for the first time in about a month, although the normal theater management became difficult from the 10th immediately after the incident, and the regular member were cancelled.

Still it did not look like a normal performance. Originally, 15 members were going to appear, but on the 9th they perform 18 songs with only 6 members including Hagiri Runa (18). Even though that was the number of members scheduled from the beginning, the impact of the incident is still insignificant.

Last month on the 10th Yamaguchi also appeared in the performance, and since apologizing, she has not appeared in the public. According to officials, her future appearance is undecided.

Under such circumstances, the identity of the two men that belong to the "idol hunter group", was (arrested, not prosecuted) for assaulting Yamaguchi, had gradually became clear.

"At the handshake event, they were sometimes asked to use a large amount of money in units of 1 million yen, and the source of the money was to make money with virtual currency," by playing Pachinko till the very end and it's not illegal. However, it is becoming obvious it's illegal that they got the idols address etc. from reselling expensive tickets on the net, and also asked to buy and sell. (music official)

For a female idol who were targeted, they also took the stalker-like behavior of trying to "touch" until they moved to the residential area. Many people do not have job titles, and their sources of funds are only a deep mystery.

Furthermore, as the newspaper reported, it turned out that expensive ticket resale, which was a source of funds, was not only female idols. They also target Johnny's talents, such as the National Idol Group "Arashi" who decided to suspend activities in 2020.

"I came to know that the hunter group has resold a large number of tickets from various Johnny's groups in high price. How could they do such things .... Idol fans who fear terror as darkness is deep There is also a situation that is going on in succession (same as before)

Some of the main members of the Hunter group also know that there are some people who have been working together with some of the media.

"I was trying to sell the secret information of Johnny's talent and the female idol who got in the stalker-like chase activity, some people originally chased Johnny's such as Arashi, and some were expensive it is said that they were trying to target and cause a scandal for member Sho Sakurai (an entertainer professional)

Although illegal resale of admission tickets is regulated (※ note), it is inevitable that Arashi's performance tickets will become extremely expensive in 2020 just before suspension of activity. Although it is thought that they aim at the resale of it is enough, the only thing that is terrible is that money is not the only purpose.

"It's kind of pleasant to grasp the scandal and grasp the idol talent's entertainment life"...

Perhaps there is no possibility of already catching the dangerous story of members of Arashi. Is there nothing wrong with the "idol hunter group" that cause the assault incident? 

[Note] In the extraordinary Diet session last year, the law for prohibiting illegal resale of admission tickets, which prohibits reselling tickets for sports and concerts at high prices. Reselling tickets at an amount exceeding the list price to obtain profits or acts to be transferred for illegal resale purpose are prohibited. The target is a ticket that specifies visitors and seats. Penalties for offenders are up to 1 year in prison or a fine of 1 million yen or less, or both. It will come into effect from 14th June.

http://news.livedoor...etail/16013543/

The thread in OH compiles all the tweets and news about the case so I personally don't need another one here. What I'm missing is the dissection and discussion of the information, even the speculative and uncertain stuff from 5ch, because with S48 members' intensive knowledge of NGT48 and its members that the casual fans in OH don't have, you can debunk or confirm stuff like what you just mentioned about tw48.net

Yes I notice this thread stopped being about sharing the latest finding and more about defending the system

Can I share the link here?
    It's this thread https://onehallyu.com/topic/760945-info-compilation-on-mahos-case/

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Personally, I got tired of investigating--and since most of them are thin as Spring ice, debunking--every new rumour. Although I did that more on Twitter than here. The facts are already very muddled, mixing in more wild speculation or random journalists' op eds isn't going to help. But things like information on Japanese housing laws/rental requirements and such are useful.

Most of what's in that thread is taken from either qc_bb or speranzom (aka @Cisalpine88) on Twitter. qc_bb's policy of just throwing translations of the latest 5ch and Twitter speculation out there without any checking leaves a lot to be desired. Inaccuracies in his translations have also caused confusion in the past, though they are better than Google translate.

The (Google) translations of those two articles also leaves a lot to be desired. The part that stood out the most to me:
    That last clause is a good example of why Google translate can be dangerous.

Although it's heartwarming to imagine this was a stealthy message of support to Mahohon, the reason for the post and the meaning of ある人 are nowhere near as mysterious as suggested on onehallyu.

The post is a logical continuation of the previous one which had nothing to do with Mahohon:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bti-JjkgRil/
    「去年のやけど、何気に初金閣寺でした」
    Last year, for no particular reason I paid my first visit to Kinkakuji

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtjAiBdAzMc/
    「ある人が行きたいと言ったので...
    金閣寺と同じ日に
    こちらも初めての
    シナモロールカフェ☕∗*゚」
    A certain someone said she wanted to go to so...
    The same day as Kinkakuji
    Also my first visit to this place
    The Cinnamon Roll Cafe

That trip is the same one she posted about that day on Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/SayakaNeon/status/1092804039211921410
    And the reason she posted about it is because Feb 6 is Kinoshita Momoka's birthday.

As for the "certain someone" mentioned... She's clearly referring to Yuuri, because a) that's how ある人 is actually used, and b) she keeps her hidden in the third followup post until the last photo.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BtjFfwqg1E6/

Yuuri most likely tweeted about it because of Sayanee's post.

Neither Sayanee nor Yuuri follow Mahohon on Twitter (Sayanee follows no one in NGT48, Yuuri only follows Hinatan). Mahohon does follow Sayanee but not Yuuri, and Yuuri's the only one who posted about it on Twitter. Checking Instagram followers is... a bit harder.

--------

Truth_hurts takes this heartwarming speculation and tries to use it to support the belief that there's a gag order on all of 48G against mentioning Mahohon. But idols very rarely talk about anything controversial, and this particular case is even worse than usual because of how close to home it hits.

--------

What bothers me most about this and many similar "findings", is that the people who originally dug them up must have known what they were really about. But they still screencapped them (instead of linking, because then people could easily investigate) and spread them.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 3