1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kawamura Mahiro (Rottii) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by ~~kumako~~, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Zarquon

Zarquon Kenkyuusei

Z-Girls have a variety show on their YouTube channel that is in English.

At the moment they only have 2 episodes up and Rotty hasn't been on yet, but seeing as they hadn't announced her as being part of the group until today that's not really surprising.

2. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    I'm not sure if I understand this Z-Girl group concept though...

It comes from Z-Pop Project, which is made by company based in Singapore, but they're said to hire people from KPop industry to learn their business model...
    Then... they are oriented on Cryptocurrency as their business model, so like fans use cryptocurrencies to pay for stuffs.

Also the group is not a Kpop group per se... it is labeled as a group with international members... as you can see seems like no Koreans are listed as members on Z-Girls as of now.

3. welp

welp Next Girls

This is a K-pop group, at least, that's how it is promoted as, a breakthrough K-pop project. Girls are in Korea to debut in Korea. They will perform next to K-pop idols such as A Pink, Chungha, Monsta X as their very first debut stage.

Crypto currency is for the investor, not fans. Yet, fans can invest if they want.

The group will be housed by Zenith Media, a rarely-known Korean agency. Its labelmates, aside from Z-Boys, are Wanna B. and Lipbubble.

The teaser has dropped and it sounds and looks alright.

if the video does not show watch the video here

The MV to be released on 22.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  4. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I'm shocked to find out she's in this project. Kind of more excited now, Lol. I mean, other than the fact that there's also an Indian girl in this group. I am hoping for a wonderful debut!

5. sungjong

sungjong Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina
    full music video

song is okay! not enough Mahiro ;-; but she looks gorgeous in the shots we do see of her
    Dz-szcCW0AInGZt.jpg Dz-szcJWsAcZCFh.jpg

6. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Better to rule in hell than serve in heaven?

Do you think this is more of her speed?

7. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    Finally, not a solo song for her but a new group

8. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    This must be the most generic song I heard in ages. That in itself is quite an achievement.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

With this song, I think Rotti fits in very well. It's a new group so we don't how far they'll go. Rotti can sing and dance, was never be fully utilized during her time with Nogi. Actually this is how I remember her sing. Hope this group finds great success and avid follower.

10. welp

welp Next Girls

mini documentary

You're way too optimistic. I cannot see they find any level of success in Korea. Yet, I doubt if that is what the agency wish at all. They have NO Korean member nor anyone can speak Korean, neither the song has any Korean word in it. They may be planned to use K-pop as the gimmick to draw international attention/ to ride on the K-pop international popularity. The agency has partners in Philippines and Indonesia and the Indonesian and the Viet have long craved for a rep in K-pop. This group has spurred big interest among Viet, Pinoy and Indonesian K-pop fans. A profitable oversea career for a K-pop group without domestic (Korean) relevancy is possible yet extremely rare.

The Japanese will be careless of the group as they are already some popular Japanese idols in Korea, Twice, IZ*One etc., Taiwan and Thailand alike. It is no market for K-pop in India.

11. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

There's an audience for these kind of group. Im not even talking about Korea. Anyway, not that I care about this group. See? You know more information about them than I do.
    It's my way of saying good luck. If only for Rotti, hope they can keep it up for as long as they can. That's all.

12. budhi.waspodho

budhi.waspodho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Ahh, this debut should win on a music tv show. I like this song so much.

13. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

The group is getting a lot of attention lately in the KPOP community, both positive and negative. Their debut MV were also released on Genie Music, one of the popular KPOP distributor channel:

So she's getting a lot of exposure now.

14. welp

welp Next Girls

ZGirls' debut stage

@ 4:20

@ 47:43 & 1:32:48

A Viet music news outlet reported ZGirls (and ZBoys too?) would promote in countries of members' origins, starting from Vietnam next month. So, the group is meant for foreign market first and foremost. I wonder how they will promote in India and how well they will be received in Vietnam. Hallyu is huge in Vietnam but local girl groups of K-pop style have been unfortunate.

A problem is it's questionable if the group is "K-pop". The Korean and oversea K-pop fans have asked this question. It is no Korean members, the lyric has no Korean word and the music is more of (dated) American/British pop style. Even when I see them dance, I'm reminded of Fifth Harmony. The routine doesn't look as neat, knife-like as usual K-pop one. If they don't think it's K-pop, K-pop fans may not warm up to it.

In my opinion, it's pretty safe to cross Taiwan, Japan, Thailand and India out from the list of potential markets for the group. Will they be able to monetise sufficiently off Indonesia, Vietnam and Philippines? (Why India? Why not Myanmar, Singapore, Hong Kong or even Morocco or Kazakhstan?)

The very question is whether they will get invitation to music shows. I don't know if K-pop singer is allowed to promote non-Korean track on music shows. They have been K-pop singers releasing non-Korean tracks but, I can't remember if they have ever promote the tracks on music shows.

Did you like it so much because it did not sound K-pop?

15. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

It seems Z-Girls has gained a decent fanbase across SEA. Their debut has 1 million views after two days and 110k likes. Not bad for being a rookie Z-K-POP or whatever you want to call it lol

U bring up a good question here. Music Bank for example, has in the past invited J-POP groups like Generations to perform on their show. Like a special guest. In order to promote regulary, groups have to chart on Melon and have korean lyrics.

Mahiro fancam at Z-Girls debut stage

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. budhi.waspodho

budhi.waspodho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Do you mean Korean language?. Super Junior's latest single doesn't sound K-pop too but I like it.

17. welp

welp Next Girls

More info in this Z-Pop project, not any less fishy. (No source was given, the trustworthiness is questionable.)
    https://onehallyu.com/topic/771479-...t-and-what-to-expect-from-z-girls-and-z-boys/
    The project is led by Zenith Media Content, a subsidiary of Zenith.
    It has established Z-Pop Dream Academy in which the members have been trained and the academy will branch out to other 11 countries including countries of members' origins (Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia and India).

The next phase of Z-Project, after interest has been gathered in Z-Project through the debut of Z-BOYS and Z-GIRLS. Zenith Media will introduce the Z-POP Dream platform, where fans will buy content, merchandise, tickets, join fanclubs and stream artist songs, as well as crowdfund, comebacks, project groups and debuts of not just Z-Project, but of other k-pop stars. Z-Project is to increase the global interest in the Z-POP Dream Online Platform, that will initially join to support Z-Project but will lead them to support other K-POP stars.

Z-POP Dream Coin is the cryptocurrency for this project. It will be on sale privately from April until May 31st.

Z-POP Dream Online Platform has apparently launched in the Phillipines and has been partnered with VIVA entertainment. The company behind Pop Girls the group that Carlyn Ocampo of Z-Girls is still a member of.

My take on this info. Zenith can't even fund its existing idols properly. I have seen Wanna B. promoting its latest single "Leggo" released since Feb 20 on NO music show. (Connection, popularity or money is needed to put the idol on music show.) Neither I have seen the music show promotion schedule for ZGirls. Still, the agency will debut more groups off the money from ZGirls and ZBoys? This makes no sense.

Over the already existing blockchain scam suspicion, the new money laundering one is added.

More videos from yesterday concert

If I remember correctly, an Exile's boy group was on a special program on MBC and not Music Bank, a program on KBS, the most conservative/nationalistic yet most popular channel. You may notice that Generation is a "foreign" group singing in a foreign language. If ZGirls were promoted as a "foreign" group (but of Korean agency) so it would be allowed to perform in a foreign language, the K-pop gimmick would be damaged and the interest from K-pop fans would fade. The agency could easily circumvent the ban by throwing some short Korean phrases here and there but no, it didn't.

Off topic, 7 Senses unit from SNH48 will promote the Korean version of its latest single, Swan, on Show Champion.

Nope, the music. Some comments said it sounded like a song Ciara/Little Mix might have sung.

18. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Thanks for correcting me about Generation. The whole cryptocurrency stuff is very shady. Money laundering and even worst trafficking are what clinges in my ears about this operation.

I guess Z-POP groups won't even be allowed to perform on music shows unless they are labeled as foreign group, singing in english which of course is a foreign language. Poor Mahiro and the girls and boys. They signed up to this, thinking they've become KPOP idols, but instead being named as Z-POP instead. I also read that they are going to promote in their home turf next month. That means Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, maybe Taiwan, Japan and India. Boy, not a big motivation factor if your dream is to become a KPOP idol and show up on M Countdown...

19. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    The group was never intended to be a KPOP group, journalists were the one calling them like that, the staff of Z-Pop Dream never refereed to them as Kpop idols but rather as "Global Idols".
    Their target is not South Korea which is a tiny market itself (BTS are the perfect exemple, they used to be nugus in SK while being very well know internationally) they are aiming for the other countries of SEA which represent a super huge market (Kpop would have never be this big without it) and then if it's a success: the rest of the world. Had they wanted them to debut in Korea they would have put 60% of Koreans in their lyrics (it's the rule) but they didn't. Also concerning the whole "they could have pushed them as foreign artists to have them perform on Music Shows" to do that you need to be famous, they are just rookies. Koreans would have been screaming bloody murder if they were to do that saying that "Koreans groups have to fight to appear but a bunch of foreigners can debut and directly appear on music shows ? it's unfair !!". So yeah bad idea. Having huge artists like RaIn, Chungha, Monsta X, etc etc perform at their debut showcase was already a huge accomplishment, they even brought the nugu groups of Zenith to promote them as well.
    btw the creators of the projects are Korean and Japanese, why did one of you said that they were from taiwan ??
    The only reason they debuted in Korea with a kpop like music video after weeks of a very Kpop like variety show was to attract worldwide Kpop fans, it was a very smart strategy and it worked.
    Now that some Kpop fans have their eyes on them Z-Pop Dream can promote Z-Stars (yup that's the name of the group) in 7 countries because they have ties with big companies working in the Entertainment industry there and have at least one member who can speak the language of the country they'll visit.

Someone said they were pitying the members but those kids knew exactly what they were getting into, they knew it was only a project members mentioned it on their variety show. Also when you look at the members the agency picked they clearly weren't only chosen because of their skills. Most of them were or are still signed to talent agencies in their home country, and those who are not were models or youtubers prior to this project.
    Carlyn said her boss would be watching her perform which kinda means that they encouraged her to join the project and I'm pretty sure she wasn't the only member in that position. So yeah I wouldn't pity them too much, I'm pretty sure they were aware that it was not their regular Kpop project because their agencies were contacted by Z-Pop Dream.

Also remember guys it's a project, unless it works very well it won't last more than one or 2 years. Z-Pop Dream is testing waters so I can't really imagine taking too many risks.

Also I wanna address the whole Zenith thing about them not promoting their groups properly: Yup that's the case, clearly those groups were never their main priority and it's probably because they weren't huge money makers. If you add to the this the fact that Zenith was busy with other projects you get why they couldn't care less about Wanna B and LipBubble. Still they didn't toss them away completely and they are trying to integrate them into that whole Z-Pop project (they are probably the other kpop acts that will be funded through the project) I mean they were invited to that concert.
    While it still doesn't change anything about them being a trashy agency (we can all agree on that) we need to realize that the situation for Mahiro is different than those for the members of Wanna B or LipBubble. First Z-girls is a top priority, Zenith probably invested a lot into this project so her group won't be tossed away. Secondly she's a valuable member as she is the door for the Japanese market (which is hellah huge) as she can speak the language and already has a following there. And thirdly Zenith cannot do what they want here, they investors to seduce and multiple compagnies are involved in this whole thing, if they mess up it might impact ALL their business relations.

Concerning the cryptocurrency thing well my sister's boyfriend invest in it regularly (I think he uses bitcoin ? Not sure) so it doesn't look that scary to me, but I still have some concerns about it. Not every country has laws or regulations to protect their citizens so that makes me a bit worried, also who would be using that "money" fans ??? Like I really don't like the idea of teenagers getting into any type of cryptocurrency without knowing anything about it or getting their parents into it without telling them it can backfire if the project is a whole failure.

Still the whole project itself is very very interesting, the dudes being this are really trying to create a new type of industry mixing everything that works well in kpop (fan participations, crowdfunding projects, the dancing & music,...) while still adding something new to it. I can't help but be a bit excited !
    I think DreamCatcher agency tried to do something like this but I don't know if it really worked or no :eek: Can someone tell me ?

Anyway moving back to the main topic that is Mahiro, I think she has been looking very good recently ! I'm a bit sad that we did not get to see her interact much with her co-members but seeing how friendly the girls are I'm sure they are trying their best to make sure she's confortable.
    Some fans have been saying their next target is Vietnam and I wonder if it's true, I hope things will go well !
    Apparently right now they are allowed to go back to their home country to see their family but I don't know if that's true, I hope it's the case they deserve some rest :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

You bring up a lot of good valid points, and I agree with most of them. However about Korea being a small market. It's still the 6th biggest market in the world in physical sales. That ''small'' market even beats all the SEA nations together in that category. So it was a mistake of Zenith or Z-POP to not having korean members or some korean lyrics of their songs. I honestly don't know if they can break through in Thailand or Vietnam. I'm from Vietnam myself, and groups aren't that popular unless you are KPOP. And KPOP acts doesn't do well with physical sales there, because the country is still poor. Japan are their best chance with Mahiro in the group. But why should japanese listen to them when they already have E-Girls and plenty of other similar groups?

Many KPOP stans are still split about Z-POP, because they are confused of the whole thing. Is it KPOP? Why don't they sing in korean? What is Z-POP? Even though the reception are positive most of them, but people are still hesitant. I think if they had a korean member and korean lyrics, they would have been much better received. This labeling them Z-POP is quite damaging imo.

About if they knew what they signed up for. I'm not so sure. The whole audition was marketed heavily as a KPOP group, even though they stated they were taken influence of KPOP but trying to create a new concept. But it was still vague, and I think many contestants thought this was actually KPOP. We don't know what's being said after the members passed the audition behind closed door. Maybe they were told this was a KPOP group and after the signed the contract, the company changed their minds? This can be very discouraging if the members thought they were going to work in Korea, not returning to their home turf right after the debut stage. And I have a feeling some of the members feel a bit deceived judging from their subtle IG stories recently.

As you, the concept is very interesting with uniting different asian countries into one. But honestly think if a another company that were bigger was behind this project, I would have felt much safer. But knowing that Zenith are behind this, also partnering up with some questionable bitcoin partners creeps me out. But we'll see how this will go.

IG update

(Mod edit: oversized photos deleted. Also, please refrain from double-posting. You must wait 24 hours, or for someone else to post before re-posting in a thread. Please check out the official forum rules for more information.)

I've been seeing some IG stories of the members of Z-Girls and Z-Boys, but none of them has Mahiro. Yesterday, they were out eating in a korean restaurant before Perry, the taiwanese member returned home to Taiwan. Most of the members were there, but not Mahiro or Gai. I wonder if she are close with the girls or is it language barrier that stops her.