1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Warattaya Deesomlert (Kaimook) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'BNK48 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    It has been eight days since my last post...

Kaimook is currently at the BNK48 Digital Live Studio with Cake, Stang, Panda and Myyu. Literally one of the best combinations for me.
    She looks utterly adorable. They also showed a picture of her Temodemo no Namida unit from yesterday's Jiradapa Produced Concert; I took a screenshot so will share it once edited :)

2. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hamster2443

Hamster2443 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Trivia
    * Kaimook likes to cook and she likes dessert.

34687030_2070852273194207_4786768977269358592_n.jpg

Mod note: Please mind the forum photo size rules/limits

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2019
  4. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    1548631666556.jpg

Kaimook gave 2 birthday cakes for 2 birthday girls

Yupi 1/14
    Mion 1/29

Note: I went to Yupi's seitansai ;)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Congratulations to Kaimook on making into the BNK48 Election Senbatsu!!!

I am so happy I managed to find a way to contribute to votes for her, I know how much this meant to her <3

6. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Congratulations to Kaimook - her Desserto MV has passed 1 million views! <3
    The song regularly gets stuck in my head and suddenly I want to try these drinks :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hamster2443

Hamster2443 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Oh! Congratulation:banana::corr: Kaimook is lovely and they can make me want to drink it. <3:^O^:

8. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    So Kaimook has posted two ... essays, for want of a better word, on her Facebook in the last twelve hours.
    I am not even going to attempt to translate them word for word, but I'll paraphrase from what I have read/translated/seen from comments.

The first: https://www.facebook.com/bnk48offic...236879722415/2284564118489687/?type=3&theatre

She likens herself to Ralph from Wreck-it Ralph, who was abused with bad words until another character tells him that the first rule of the internet is to not read bad comments. Kaimook says that she wanted to read the encouraging messages left for her but could not tolerate reading messages that hurt her. She says she can't choose to only have good people and messages around her as society is not like that, and references a quote by Michael Rougeau that 'The internet brings out the bad in some people'. It shows that some people have become heartless and can't care about other people's feelings as they will freely comment on anything. She wonders why we allow society to make us heartless, and believes that in the real world, away from the internet, everyone is a good person. We take care of family, act honestly, but when we go online we wear a mask; why do we allow this to change us? (This is where things get dark...) There are many people who are victims of cyber bullying, and some people even kill themselves because of it. She feels that cyber bullies are no different than murderers who kill people with words. There are more people who suffer from this kind of problem every day. She ends by suggesting we use social media in a better way, and for people to look to the light in themselves.

The second: https://www.facebook.com/bnk48official.kaimook/photos/a.1872236879722415/2284900281789404/?type=3&theatre

(This was a little shorter than the first, but just as serious...) She sees society as ignorant. She says that if we only focus on numbers to reach the top, we will lose the ones we love. You might win over your competitor's companies, but have you counted the people who love you? The suffering of others is not cute. You may do your job fully and go to bed comfortably, but I (? unsure if this is a personal jab at someone) go to sleep crying because I see the person I love hurt from your actions. Appealing for you to care is not difficult, and would stop people venting like this. If it happens again, it will be more serious. Kaimook will fight for her human rights. It has happened many times and she has been patient and never hurt anyone.

If anyone can help with literal translations, that'd be great.

My impression is that Kaimook has experienced both cyber bullying and actual bullying. I'm not going to suggest it's from another member, because I don't think my rough reading has told me that, but if someone can clarify it would help. I can see that she is hurt and upset, but wants to remain positive and fight for herself. <3

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    @Yukitie Today is a rough day for her, She got cyber bully from a lot of people who didn't like her personalities, They post comment like she's fake, stupid, ugly. and when we fan try to protect her they still act like she's the one to blame not them.

It's sad to see when people are gone too far. I hope that she's alright.
    Even Girls don't cry's director are not happy about this situation.

10. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    @Red13th I have seen many people sharing it, many news sites or pages commenting on it too. A few I have seen are commenting on her determination and spirit.

I would like to have strong words with the people who call her those things. How dare they. Who are they to think themselves so perfect as to put someone else down?

I really hope she is alright from this, and that she can come through it. So called 'fans' have gone too far. Will join in protecting this precious penguin in any way <3

11. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    They're not fans. They're antis. They make no pretence about it. They say outright they hate BNK, hate this 'fake cutesy' stuff, mocking them as grown women acting like 5 year olds or mentally disabled people, etc.

The problem is these people enjoy being rude & ratchet. The harsher & more shocking their statement, the better. They value sassiness & b*tchiness as their currency. There's no point fighting these people. They're not going to change their minds. What they want most is attention and would keep the bashing if wotas continue to fight back and give them attention. It gives them an opportunity to show how 'savage' and 'fierce' they are to their little group of 'followers'.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Thank you for clarifying; I did not know to what extent this was happening. I tend to stay out of the comments sections.
    If wotas stopped fighting back, and ignored them, and bombarded posts with positive comments so you couldn't even see the negative, do you think they the antis would still try to set things off?

13. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    The problem was that after Kaimook posted her posts on cyberbullying, the FB page of a major cinema chain also posted an article about Kaimook appearing in an upcoming movie with an unflattering picture of her. It's curious since the movie is still 4 months away, and there are 6 other BNK members starring in the movie, but the page chose to single out Kaimook. It's common knowledge in the fandom that Kaimook is one of the most attacked members of BNK.

Her super sweet, super cute persona, which I actually think is her true self, is a complete antithesis to what these haters view as desirable or idolize; fierce, sassy, b*tchy women like Cardi B & Nicki Minaj (not singling out these two talented women, but it should give you an approximate image) who loves to be confrontation, curse and go savage on people. They value shock & revel in vulgar statements. Kaimook is the complete opposite of this and thus, represents everything they're not; thus she becomes an obvious & easy target.

In any case, it was pretty clear the cinema's Facebook admin knows that Kaimook is a lighting rod for this type of hater. Although the post itself didn't say anything bad about Kaimook (apart from the unflattering picture), the admin must know that this type of post is basically asking to be flooded with hate comments. Yes, they didn't do the attacking themselves, but they basically put her on a stage with a sign saying "Please attack this as you wish". And so, very soon after being posted, it did attract the swarms of haters they wanted (and increasing their engagement stats). It's effective but negative marketing, which many wotas view as unethical.

After backlash from wotas, the cinema chain posted an apology, thus portraying themselves as the poor victims of wotas' abuse in the process and further cementing spite and disdain for BNK48 from the haters. Nobody gained anything from this ordeal, other than maybe the rival cinema chain.

If wotas stopped responding, I think haters will still continue with their hate comments but at least they'll be doing it in an echo chamber. Wotas can't choose who makes these hate comments, but they can choose how they respond to it.

EDIT: I'm glad though that despite this debacle, her friends, manager & even the director of Girls Don't Cry are standing firmly by her. They really are a family.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. PunShark

PunShark Kenkyuusei

To add to Wade & Wander post, Kaimook posted her first post in late evening hour. Major Cineplex (the cinema group) posted its viral promo poster of Thai Baan The Series with Kaimook at 1 AM. It's definitely a bait post from them in response to Kaimook's original post even without any leading comments. They knew it would generate traffic from anti fans and BNK fans. They knew their followers usually react badly to anything BNK related. So bad comments continued to follow her through this particular post. It's very upsetting the way their tried to create cyberbullying and fan wars when Kaimook just wanted to have the opposite.

15. onego123

onego123 Member

Wow. I never would've imagined that Kaimook would get so much hate. I hope whatever kind of relationship RAM has with Major Cineplex either ends, or whoever manages their Facebook page was fired because that entirely unacceptable regardless of who it is.

16. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    KaimookJul2019.jpg

Kaimook has posted some amazing pictures from JaBaJa recently, and a fan made a photo set-style collage. <3
    I love her being cute and adorable, but I have to admit that I think this is the best she has ever looked. <3

17. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Kaimook's kitchen is back in season 2!!. ;)
    EP.1 Mother's Day Cake

EP.2 Pineapple Fried Rice inspired from recent disney's short animation here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Happy Birthday to Kaimook, my BNK and ni-oshi! :D

The official BNK48 Facebook birthday post for her, plus photos from Pupe and Pun:

FB_IMG_1566883220577.jpg FB_IMG_1566909324288.jpg FB_IMG_1566909312852.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    Happy Birthday Kaimook! :ome:

20. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    since I love them as a couple <3,

Here's Pupe's birthday post.(with my broken English translate as usual, lol)

• Like Like x 2