1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Imperialdramon

Imperialdramon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tanizaki Saya
    too much biased :fp:
    and most of them lost to STU kids and a random team 8 member few months ago :hehe:

• Like Like x 6
  2. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yuko, Naana, and Tomochin are beaten by Hana? [hehe]
    Is this april mop already?

Wait.

Is SSK cancellation's a part of dokkiri? Kinda like how they "disband" AKB because of Takamina's "scandal" a few years ago? Hahaha just kidding. I'm kinda sad I can't vote for Miku but alright.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    It'll be really interesting to see what the schedule will be like since May-August has usually been SSK-time period (and they've been doing that thanksgiving concert too recently; which I really love). NGT is the weird one out atm tho. Every group has released/going to release a new single and NGT is just...there. I get the whole thing hasn't died down, but if SSK is cancelled then we got time to release singles and do more events around those singles. I'm curious to know if we'll get any updates on them cause the women are active on social media and some are in the 55th single.

As a complete side-note: AKB was barely making it before the 2009 SSK. That's when they started to hit their peak and the SSK was super innovative as a way to actually get involved minus handshakes and such (and everyone in the whole world can participate...it was that event ya'll). Also, Nogi wouldn't exist if AKB didn't become popular and so on. So, it all really started with AKB and trying to be different than other idol groups. I can't blame for management for being innovative. I mean Mariko got into AKB cause fans wanted her in and they tested her and she's the only .5 generation member we've ever had. Fans did that, not management. And she became quite popular too. SSK is shitty in many departments, but it was something special to AKB. It's sad to see a part of AKB's history be sort of cancelled just like that without any remorse. Sasshi winning in 2013 is THE moment we think about when it comes to Sasshi herself. Her fans got her on the map and management couldn't ignore the #1 girl in the whole group. It's truly unfortunate how things have turned out. I mean from NGT to whatever the fuck is going on in kpop right now things are kind of shitty. Sorry for the mini-rant lol. I guess i find myself really disappointed lately.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Thinking about it, there's no way they could have run the SSK this year. Not only because NGT is in the midst of a criminal investigation (although even if that was the only factor, they probably still wouldn't hold it), but because the outcome of the voting may not be fair in NGT's case. They can't, for instance, run the SSK and bar Maho or the other girls in question from participating - that would be blatantly unfair and anger too many people. Then if Maho did participate, anyone who still has a bone to pick with management / women's rights in Japan would likely vote for her to inflate her vote count...there would almost certainly be a wide-reaching "campaign of justice" for her and she would end up being the winner regardless of how popular she was before this incident blew up, which just wouldn't be fair to the other girls participating. Any way you look at it, this is the ultimate damage control move from AKS. If they had dealt with the case transparently from the start, though, I wonder if they would still have ended up in a position to cancel...hmm...

Also makes you wonder if all the rumors of shady dealings around the NGT SSK votes was actually partly true, given some of the things we know about management and the fanbase now.

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. lunakitten

lunakitten Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

They could have had an AKB48 only SSK. I understand it wouldn't have been as big of a money maker but they could have kept it more low key. Also fans could get the AKB48 only senbatsu that we have been asking and it would have been a good opportunity for pushed AKB48 members.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    I think we under-estimate the impact NGT scandal had over other 48 groups because it's not only ngt fans that turned their back on the girls and the management, but a lot of fans from the rest of the fandom as well. And even those who were not even fans of 48groups lmao.

Anyway, I loved ssk for statistics and it was quite interesting to watch but thinking of the girls, it's better to take a break this year. Hopefully it will be back next year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Just what the oversea sister groups are thinking about this ?
    some girls expressed their wishes to participate again in a world election.

8. John48

John48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I don't see this as a good sign. First Janken single is out, then themed singles pattern (Sakura - Summer - Election - Dark/Cool) is gone. And now SSK is canceled this year. I feel like the group is going backwards in time. What's going to happen next ?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. sungjong

sungjong Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina
    I really miss the themed single pattern :(

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Janken kinda lost its purpose, the main issue is everytime a popular girl won, it was considered rigged, and when an unknown member won, no one cared for the release. in recent years they give solos and subunits and it mostly went to less known girls and I didn't see anyone talking about it at all... so yeah :/

Elections being cancelled is bad if they don't do anything for the group, but if this is all part of a bigger plan to re-build the group then it's a good thing imo. I have a lot of thoughts about this actually, but mostly I think if you take a look at other big groups that don't have elections (like Nogi for example) I feel that there's a sense of unity in the fandom that is much better than in AKB, because elections made the rivalries so serious that most people in AKB fandom focus mostly on just their oshimen. and in times when AKB is losing popularity, what we need is more people who actually love and support teams or the group. Of course there will always be rivalries, fans who only like their oshimen, and fans who hate on other girls. but elections made this kind of things worse. Besides, less stress mean the members might be happier as idols. we saw a lot of members who got a lot of stress from elections and end up looking tired all the time.

I also didn't think about it but after seeing @L. A's comment, maybe this does have to do with the change of era and the end of Heisei era. Maybe they want something new for the group, it could be... I mean that's the ideal time actually.

Lastly, for the singles, I also miss the themes a lot, it was one of the best things... I really hope they bring it back. we have 4 singles a year now, I wouldn't mind if they go back to 5 singles with the same themes as before, but if they keep it as 4, it's fine too. Janken isn't a single anymore anyway. we could have the sakura/graduation single (usually ballad but not always), a summer single with fun song, then the upbeat and strong single (the one that was election single) and lastly the dark single. and then things like having a Christmas b-side every end of the year and team songs on at least 1 or 2 singles a year, it would be perfect... I wish ._. I also think management should pick 5-10 members among AKB (based on who's better at HS and other reasons) and push them in most releases as the 1st-2nd row so we can build a new image and "kami" members to the group. and most importantly I hope they have good songs and Pv's.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  11. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Ohhhhhh
    That makes so much more sense lol. I was hardcore judging them thinking they said Yuihan was the best at dancing

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I'm curious what exactly you think we "know" now lol [hehe]

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. chpo45

chpo45 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Since their not doing SSK this year i hope they do a big concert with all the 48 groups in japan just for fun

14. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

That there were (and probably still are) very unscrupulous people as fans and within management of the group...that's all. I'm not insinuating anything concrete :^^;:

• Like Like x 6
  15. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    You mean request hour? [hehe][hehe][hehe]

16. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    you mean that ogiyuka's 50k votes are actually from inapooh guy? :fear:

Actually they will have big mess festival one day before Sasshi's grad concert (thread: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...uation-concert-2019-04-28.22710/#post-1578526 )

• Winner Winner x 4
  17. akbsnsd

akbsnsd Kenkyuusei

These are all great ideas! Hence why they will never happen [hehe]

18. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    But we have known those things for as long as I have been in the fandom at the very least. ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Sounds like it won't be all members of all the groups though. Which I am guessing was chpo45's hope/wish....?

• Old Old x 2
  19. Imperialdramon

Imperialdramon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tanizaki Saya
    how about focusing on team 8 national tour in this summer first
    it's been 5 years and still unfinished :|

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen: