1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kawamura Mahiro (Rottii) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by ~~kumako~~, Feb 20, 2012.

1. TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia Kenkyuusei

It'll be interesting how they'll promote in India. The good thing is that the songs are in English and the members all speak English, so there won't be a communication barrier preventing them from reaching out to potential fans. The small pocket of K-Pop fans that exist now in India (which is fairly sizable since last week they were able to get BTS trending on Twitter) will probably be elated that an Indian is in a K-Poppish group and will support it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. welp

welp Next Girls

- BTS only picked up international popularity after it got popular domestically. It was already on its way to surpass Seventeen when it charted on billboard hot 100. It was nugu domestically and internationally in its early years. A closer example is GOT7 which is mockingly called as a foreign group as it is internationally popular but not so much in the base country. Yet, GOT7 always ranks fairly high on any popularity poll conducted in Korea. It is in lower place of top tier or the top of mid tier, far from nugu. Dreamcatcher who makes some dough oversea, albeit far from popular, is fairly well-recognized domestically. No group is internationally popular without a level of considerable popularity in Korea. I've seen few nugu boy groups making fair living in Japan but, not like they are popular there.

An essential key to international popularity is the popularity in Korea which the group can never build without Korean lyric nor Korean speaker.

Regardless how small Korean market is, it's the gateway, the springboard to the rest of Asia. Do you think why SNH's agency has been trying to crack Korean market when Chinese market is 2-3 folds bigger? Because a traction in Korea can magnificently boost the popularity of the group in China. Do you think why AKS/Aki-P has been eyeing on K-pop market and collaborated with Mnet for Produce 48? Because K-pop has 1 thing J-pop doesn't, international interest.

Their marketing works? Isn't it too early to tell? All I can say is the group barely gets any interest in Thailand and most likely will make no profit here. We don't even care about Sorn why will we care about Bell? CLC is far more popular than ZGirls. We may care about Minnie if I-DLE does well with its current promotion cycle.

How did you know all members knew what they got themselves into? Something hinted otherwise. In the documentary video, the Pinoy boy said some trainees trained for 4-5 years and couldn't debut, at least, he was guaranteed to debut after a short period of training. He definitely was talking about K-pop. He thought he would debut as a K-pop idol.

Not all members had been known before the debut, at least not the case for Thai and Viet members. They were and are utterly nugu.

Were you aware when Lipbubble and Wanna B debuted? They had been around before all this Z-pop project started yet, the agency couldn't prioritize on them? What did it do? What other project did it have at the time? It debuted some girls just to toss them around? Aw. That sounded like a trashy agency.

Dreamcatcher's blockchain project is hugely different from this.
    1) The project uses an already existing cryptocurrency, ethereum, not a totally brand new cryptocurrency.
    2) It's just a transaction platform, not business investment. Dreamcatcher's fans can buy Dreamcatcher's merches with cryptocurrency via this platform. It is no promised dividend.

If I understand right, India has quite a number of K-pop fans but they scatter and, transportation is bad in India. So, it's not easy to gather a large number of Indian K-pop fans in 1 place for a concert or fanmeet.

3. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Mahiro and Z-Girls will attend a award show in Vietnam. They are listed as Z-Stars in the video description.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Seriously, she dropped Nogizaka46 to go to low-quality shows in SEA? No offence but they are not exactly M Countdown or Inkiyago level. Maybe she should have stayed in Japan and go solo instead? She deserves better imo...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

It's not like she's dropped Nogi. She know, propably we all know, she can't go any further in Nogi so she left. It's happen with alot of member in the past.

Yes, she deserved better. But it's also good to her to have a job. Iirc, she have a solo event like singing on cafe once in 2018 but thats all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TNAmarkFromIndia

They're definitely scattered, I agree with you there. I don't agree with the notion that transportation prevents fans to gather at one place. It's probably factors like there being huge distances between say the Northeast and West India and not getting permission to travel very far from their parents because a lot of K-Pop fans are teens. If you're willing to spend on flights and/or trains, it's possible to travel anywhere.

6. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Yes, it's good for her to have a job. Maybe she is content with this Z-POP project? At least she's getting a a LOT of exposure in the KPOP world. Can open new oppertunities when Z-Girls ends.
    Btw IG updates:

With Queen
    [​IMG]

Dance practice of Z-Girls

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. welp

welp Next Girls

ZGirls (and ZBoys) is invited to POPS Awards in Vietnam 'coz the organizer, POPS Music, is a partner of Zenith. The group will also has fansign in Vietnam.

I doubt it. I wonder if members will ever get paid.

I thought train system in India was extremely terrible. Still, I insist that transportation is important. If it takes much less time to travel, it's much easier to gather fans from much broader area. Also, parents will easier allow their kids to go to a concert in a different state if it take less time to travel.
    By the way, do you know how much is this group interested among the Indian?

No she isn't. IZ*One, during its Korean promotion cycle, has more contents released in 1 week than ZGirls in 1 month. This project will be the door to new opportunities only if it can make a big splash somewhere.

While promoting in different countries sounds like a smart idea, it bars to group from establishing itself in a specific place.

8. TNAmarkFromIndia

Nah. The trains are extremely well-connected to most parts of India. It's just that there are no high-speed trains so unless you take a flight, it could take more than 2 days to reach from one corner of the country to another. Even by flight, travelling from Kohima, which is in the Northeastern part of India, to Mumbai, which is in the Western part of India, takes over 7 hours. By comparison, it takes about 3 hours to fly from Mumbai to Dubai, which is in a different country altogether in the Middle East.

I don't know how much interest is in this group in India. I came to know about it through Instagram because Z-Pop's posts were advertised to me, so I assume it happened to a lot of other people too. The K-Pop fans in India are obviously very excited about it. I've seen a lot of comments on Instagram and YouTube about it from Indian fans. I honestly don't know if it made it on TV or radio because I don't watch English music channels and I haven't listened to the radio in a while, but I doubt it has gotten mainstream attention of that sort.

9. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

I think she is more known now than her time in Nogizaka46, international wise at least.

With Priyanka here. She's been releasing unseen pictures of her and the members. I'm still annoyed why she wasn't included in their variety show.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  10. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    • Like Like x 5
  11. welp

welp Next Girls

From what I saw, Indian train was slow and no one could tell when the train would arrive, it could be 7-10 hours later than the schedule. The road was not that good too?

I don't think the group can make it to mainstream media nor it can grasp mainstream attention. Non-South-Asian Asian pop is extremely niche in India anyway. It is hyped among J/K-pop fans in India, that sounds promising enough.

As expected Bell and Blink said they were told they would become idols in Korea, they definitely thought about being K-pop idols joining this project. Wonder what kind of contract they were offered. Usual K-pop contract is 5 years long.

The show on the audition process of this project to be aired on KBS World
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BunbouqgD5u/?utm_source=ig_embed

12. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

In other words, they got false promises before the audition I supposed. I'm getting very lowkey about this whole ZPOP project and Mahiro should get out of there when the contract ends. I've heard it's just temporary and may just last to the summer.

13. welp

welp Next Girls

Back stage video of debut performance

I don't know. They got to be idol "in Korea" as they were told yet it's not the way they thought.

How can they promote in 7 countries by the end of this summer? I think it's more of wishful thinking. Peoples just want to see this sketchy project end quickly.

What You Waiting for MV making of

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  14. TNAmarkFromIndia

Like I said, there are no high speed trains in India. The fastest are semi-high speed. They're slow, but extremely well connected in that many smaller cities also have a railway station. Roads are a non-issue because if you're travelling large distances you're not going by road anyway.

Either way, the transportation isn't the issue. Anyone that has to travel long distances has to plan out ahead of time. A quick Google search is all it takes to find out how long it takes to reach a place by train or by plane. The problem is that parents are not going to let their kids travel to another state on their own. India isn't as safe as Japan is.

I don't expect it to become mainstream, but I'm interested to see just how much attention they get and how the agency plans to go about it in India. Can they carve out a sizable niche for themselves? Maybe this group is exactly what K-Pop fans in India were hoping for. Since India doesn't get a lot of K-Pop artists performing her, maybe Z-Pop could capitalize on that. As I type this, #OurFirstLoveYoongi and Min Yoongi are the 7th and 8th Twitter trends in my city. That while a big cricket match is going on live.

15. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Z-POP schedule:
    [​IMG]
    I can't imagine some of the members will be happy with this. Instead of appearing on Mcountdown, Show Champion or even THE SHOW for that matter, Mahiro and co has to show up on non-idol programs, some of them very low-quality shows. Mahiro basicially joined a korean-made SEA ''Kpop''group.

16. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Besides Rotti, i don't even know another member have a showbiz experience. So why they should feel unhappy with that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. warubii

warubii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    warubii666
    I just wanna say that I can't believe they fried her hair like that. She had gorgeous hair while in Nogizaka.

18. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Mahiro and ZGirls with UNI5, a vietnamese idol boy group.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. welp

welp Next Girls

From the press-con in Vietnam yesterday. (Someone roughly translated Viet article into Eng)
    - Z-Pop is not K-pop, it's a non Korean Asian pop group thus no Korean member, no Korean version of the song.
    - The groups (ZBoys and ZGirls) will promote in countries of members' origins and not Korea.
    - Members may have individual activities in their countries of origins. For example, Roy and Queen (Viet members) might release solo songs and play a film via the connection of Pops Music, Zenith's Viet partner.
    - This year, they will release many more music videos and merchandises.
    - Possibly different language versions of their future songs.

It's said the interest from the Viet subsided after knowing the group was not K-pop and wouldn't promote in Korea.

Because this is not they expected. Blink and Bell were utter nugu but, if they wanted to work in SEA, they would have auditioned in Thailand and had lived more comfortable lives, studied better in regular schools.

If I understand right, UNI5 is very unpopular. The most popular boy/girl group is the boy group Monstar which is semi-relevant, fairly well-known among youngsters, others are nugu.

20. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

About UNI5, they are actually more popular than Monstar right now. Monstar had a upper hand 3 years ago, because of the ST.319 KPOP dance covers. They had ERIK. He was their most popular member, but he left and now one of the biggest solo-artist in Vietnam. UNI5 are now the most popular group in Vietnam today, but they also lost one member a week ago, so I don't know what their future will be. I listen to them and follow the vietnamese music scene, since I'm half viet myself.

But back to Z-POP. It seems very weird how the CEO don't want them to promote in Korea at all. There are no big gains in SEA. I've just watched the Pops Award Show Vietnam, and it was horrible. The show itself is geared more to older people, since they had a lot of traditional singers doing bolero and sad ballads. No one cheered for the Z-STAR groups either. It was total silence. Vietnam does have a show called VHeartbat, a collaberation between Vietnam and the korean app VLIVE. Why didn't Zenith send them there instead, but a local show that has nothing to do with the idol scene.

I don't know what Mahiro is thinking about this now. Did she really signed up for this? Even if she was underrated in N46, at least she got to be on high-quality stages and shows. Now, she's going to parade around SEA shows instead? Not to be disrespectful, but they are going to shows that are geared more to local people than international artists and many of them are low-budget. Indonesians has been complaining a lot of them going to Brownies. I watched it and I understand why.... Mahiro should get the hell out of this. Z-POP is going to flop bad.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019