1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kawamura Mahiro (Rottii) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by ~~kumako~~, Feb 20, 2012.

1. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Speaking about Brownies, i myself as an Indonesian can guaraante this one is a show you don't want your idol as their guest the most. I don't even know why people on earth want to watch this show. Even the audience is a paid audience. They should laugh on everytime the host speaking or make a move.

2. welp

welp Next Girls

SEA can be a silver mine of plays right. BNK's agency earned over 150 million bahts via election alone. S.M., the biggest music agency of Korea, is planning to debut Thai and Indonesian units. Yet, I agree that no Korean promotion is dumb, it could pave the way for SEA promotion, as mentioned that the Viet interest over the group declined after "not K-pop" announcement.

I think I can understand why it is no Korean promotion. It is extremely expensive to work in K-pop. Each performance on music show costs the agency thousands of dollars or the group will look ridiculously cheap next to other groups and these shows pay the agency 200-500 dollars. There is also maintenance costs, accommodation, food, transportation etc. (I just read an article about ex-members of an unpopular K-pop girl groups complaining the agency fed them with rice with bugs and the room they lived had no electricity 'coz the agency didn't pay the bill.)

The group went to Pops Awards 'coz Pops Music is Zenith's partner.

3. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

She's look so pretty..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

if the video does not show watch the video here

https://twitter.com/KBSWorldTV/status/1107546176021135361

Since they will get a name for the group, I guess they will become permanent, and not a project anymore.

I was wrong for saying Mahiro might having second guess about Z-POP. It seems she actually enjoying her time with the group and I couldn't be happier for her. (and that I was wrong lol) :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2019
  5. welp

welp Next Girls

Or, she was professional and not showing her frustration to public.

6. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Maybe she was that in the beginning, I don't know. But Vanya was asked yesterday at the MNC event about if they were going to korean shows.

Q : Are you guys planning to appear in Korean music shows? ---- Vanya : For that, we hope we can appear in Korean music shows, so thats possible, just wait ---- Q : But are there plans for you guys for promoting in korea? ---- Vanya : We are planning many things, not only that. Maybe we will have a concert with the others, or what is our next songs looks like, we have many plans, just wait.

Translated by @zpop_team
    Original source:

Also, Zenith CEO is open for adding members from Korea in the future:

"K-Pop is the center of South Korean music, Z-Pop is the center of Asian music. That's why we don't choose members from Korea. Maybe later. For now Z-Boys and Z-Girls we focus on the center for Asia. So it's not just K-Pop", Jun Kang said as executive producer in Kebon Jeruk area, West Jakarta, Wednesday (20/3).

Translated by @zpop_team from tabloidbintang.com

Mahiro first Z-Girls variety appearance! She's so cute!!!!!!! Kawaii! <3<3

7. welp

welp Next Girls

ZGirls on The Voice Indonesia

Trust nothing until it truly happens. (And, members were told at audition that they would work in Korea.)
    Korean music show is possible - possibly empty promise to give false hope to members/fans. (And, Wanna B. has been on no music show.)
    We have many plans for the next song - the next promotion/next song has not been prepared. The song selection is a very early step of promotion planning but, they have chosen the song yet.
    Korean member may be added later - possibly another empty promise or late realisation of the drawback of the absence of Korean member and Korean promotion.

In an TV show, ex-members of a nugu girl group said they were paid zero won for their 3 years as idols. The agency's chief said they made no profit but they learnt from a member of another group that a group of their level were supposed to be paid 4,000 dollars per each performance gig and the chief bought new car right after they left the agency.

Not sure if relating. Fans are speculating if Sid, the Indian member of ZBoys has left.

8. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

I'm like you, keeping my expectations very low, because Zenith Media history of managing their korean groups.

However, I do cling to a little hope they will get to promote on one or two music shows that are open for foreign artist, like Show Champion and Arirang Simply K-POP. But the most likely scenario for them to do when they are back in Korea, are more busking, new variety episodes, Kpop covers and just livestream hopefully on Zenith's VLive channel or they will get their own. It may not what the members ultimately want, but sure much better than travelling to SEA imo.

The statement from the CEO that they may add korean member was just media play imo. And I agree with your reason, it must be annoying when everyone asking why no korean members all the time for him, so he just said something to keep people quiet.

Oh btw, Sid is back. Zpop posted a video of him telling he will soon be joining them. So it seems the problem SID have or had is currently resolved.

9. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    Rotti, along with her group, just arrived here in the Philippines and some of my friends came to greet her in the airport. They said that she really is very beautiful in person and talked to them in Kansai-ben (since my friends are fluent Japanese speakers). She even held their hand. :^O^:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. welp

welp Next Girls

Zenith's chief said the group would promote in all 7 countries members came from. This means they will later go out of SEA to Taiwan, Japan and India. However, he is not that trustworthy in my opinion.

The have fans in Indonesia and Philippines but, I'm doubtful if the number is decent. No local girl group is doing well in those countries as far as I know.

A problem is the lack of music shows in the region. For examples, BNK has to promote on morning news programs, MNL has to promote on It's Showtime, that noon program. The non-idol side of music scenes of both countries are fairly well developed though. The value of overall SEA market also is big. The very problem is whether they can put their name out in the region without Korean promotion.

It's said the group would be back to Vietnam with more activities than their last visit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    obviously she is happy because she is in small number, kpop associated group. she also has many events and shows albeit most of them are kinda unknown or low quality. rather than be at the back all the time, i think she is very happy now at how she receives attention in the group

• Like Like x 1
  12. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

I agree with about the CEO. He's shady as hell and I get a bad vibe from him. Let's see if he can prove us wrong.

Their fans seemingly are across mostly souther SEA countries+India. I think they are a significant size though. They managed to get decent views for both groups, mostly Z-Girls. That's far better than many rookie groups that debuted. Despite that, I think it would be very hard for them to gain any huge interest. Unless, their music steps up a bit from that outdated debut songs and starting to promote in Korea, so they can other fans to them than just SEA.

To be honest, I don't think they will go to Taiwan and Japan. There are simply no demans from anybody there. Joanne and Perry showed up at a taiwanese news channel that has 2 million followers on facebook. The video was posted on facebook and it had very low views. Barely 1000 and 5 likes! Maybe Japan because of the hardcore wotas to Rotti, but it's very difficult to promote in Japan, when you have dozens of other KPOP acts that are more appealing to japanese audience.

The best thing for them when they are done in the Philippines is to get back to Korea, get them korean lesson and maybe starting to promote through doing more vlogs, variety and busking. I think that wants the members wants to do too. In that way, they can learn the language and adapt to culture faster.

@welp From today's press conference, the CEO was asked more what his plans are with the Z-POP groups moving forward. There will be no korean songs, but they will have songs in their own language. Since there are no koreans in the group, that means no promotion in Korea.

I'm assuming they will promote in Taiwan and Japan. Don't know what companies there are associate with Zenith, if there even are. Since POPS did their promotions for Vietnam, MNC for Indonesia and VIVA in the coming days for Philippines. But anyways, Japan and Taiwan can be substitutes for Korea. There are high-quality shows there.

There will be a tv-audition for the next generation from august to october for 7 countries. Bascially, the CEO wants new Z-POP groups each year. Is the man serious? The current ones hasn't even established themselves yet.

Press conference:

13. BarneyInvisible

BarneyInvisible Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
  14. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    That's correct. He was the one I was referring to in my post above. The "2 people" were him and his friend (the one who took the video). They even woke up at 4 AM to prepare for it then waited for Rotti's arrival in the airport some time around 7 AM (and to think they're still college students). They talked to Rotti in standard Japanese yet Rotti replied in Kansai-ben (lol). I think she was really happy to see them. Well, I guess that's what life is.

After an idol graduates, she will cling on to Nogi's name until she has established a name of her own.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    actually, it is quite sad because that means..not many people interested in the group, and the one that has eyes on them, do not gives attention to rotti. the group need bigger promotion, at least a new song.

• Like Like x 1
  16. welp

welp Next Girls

That Kang June is so flipflop. Didn't he said he was considering about the addition of Korean member and the Korean promotion in Indonesia? Now, it was non-existent again.

Actually, the value of Thai music market is around the same size to Taiwan and the media production quality is on par. Seemingly, Thai partner of Zenith is SCA which is a music college whose founder and board member is an elite with some media connection as evident here.

She produces this show in collaboration with Avex (yes, that J-pop giant) and the show will be aired on Channel 7, the channel with highest average rating of the country.

Besides, This project shows Thai music market is promising enough even to the like of Avex, it must mean something.

Japan + Taiwan can not make up for Korea. K-pop has international recognition, can draw international intest, J-pop and Taiwan pop don't. This is why fans demand Korean promotion. The group will get 10 times more fans in each country if it gain a level of relevancy in Korea. Mahiro had a link to J-pop top of the top group and only 2 persons in Philippines cared. If she were an ex-member of a mid-tier K-pop group, over 10 persons must have cared.

I believe the group needs to settle somewhere and establish itself there. If it goes on like this, small amounts of fans here and there, the group is not marketable. If the group settle in 1 place, they can perform in random events for some money. If they wanna keep on moving, they should be able to pull fanmeet tour at minimum to make decent income. I'm also curious if they have time for training keep on moving.

More than the establishment, I'm curious about the budget. You can see that both Z-pop groups are quite in budget and they have done nothing that could generate sizable income. Still, they want more and more groups? where will the money come from? Is it truly a money laundering?

Also, from the video
    The group will release new song in Jun, Sept and Dec. Wow, even more prolific than AKB. Quality is to not be expected I suppose?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Mind you that Rotti is one of the least popular girl from about 40 girl. Just imagine if mid-tier Kpop group have the same amount of member.

18. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

I wonder about the budget too. Where do Zenith gets all this money to pay for their trip, members and staff? Because as far as I know, Zenith is a broke company. Or maybe they earn some income from that bitcoin system of theirs already?

Even though I'm reluctant to Zenith CEO plans for his Z-POP, I'm still intrigued by them. Their next song or songs will determined the success of this whole franchise. But one thing I do know: The interest of them from Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, Taiwan and especially Korea, are pretty low to non-existent. Koreans either shunned them or don't care. Vietnamese look at them like they do with their domestic groups. Thailand don't care either, because they already have successful idols in KPOP.

I followed this group because Rotti was in it. I do hope she gets to shine eventually, but I'm skeptical if doing Z-POP is the right way. I think many questions we wonder will be answered by the end of this year.

Zenith needs to stop sending them to these bad quality shows. I feel so sad for Rotti and the other members, when they just sit there and don't have a clue what's going on. I would rather Z-POP have their own showcase in each countries they visit with fansign event. They can appear on a program that has a international format, but not everything. Like that Brownis crap.

On better music, I want them to go for a concept like this:

Since most of the members are from tropical countries, a latino-moombahton style will do them justice imo.

Rotti and Zgirls meets MNL48 in It's Showtime Philippines. I wonder what Mahiro as a ex-Nogi46 thinks about meeting their rivals :D

54002613_1289133117912153_3723833426915680404_n.jpg
    https://www.instagram.com/zpop.project_official/

19. welp

welp Next Girls

And, I was generous saying "mid-tier" and included any group of a level of recognition among oversea K-pop fans. That put over a dozen groups and over 60 girls in that blanket.

It's not even bitcoin but the much more skeptical cryptocurrency z-pop. Even if they have gotten some investment via their crypto system, more groups mean greater cost. This means they will need exponentially more investment unless, the crypto is meant to be cryptic, unable to track the source = easy to launder money.

Unfortunately, those countries you mentioned but Vietnam are most lucrative markets.

Some groups are late bloomer and became popular in their third year. I doubt if the CEO and the member have patience.

As a person from a tropical country, I can tell you that Latino-moombaton or anything moombaton is not popular in my country.

I wonder if Z-Boys and Girls will forever promote together as 1 package.

20. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Just know if a mid-tier kpop group have 60 members. Wow.

• Dislike Dislike x 1