1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've got HS tickets for Ogiyuka and Yukirin at the end of next month. I didn't apply for any other NGT members, I had originally intended to add Katomina to my list and possibly also Nanako who had been becoming one of my favourite group members but I decided not to bother. I've lost a lot of interest in the group but I decided to apply for Yukirin because I see her much more as an AKB ace (and who knows if she graduates soon this might be my last chance to meet her) and for Ogiyuka as she remains my 48G kami-oshi and I want to continue to support her especially as I had such a great time meeting her last year. I have 3 tickets for her in the same slot and my original plan was to talk to her about SSK and the next NGT single which I assumed would have been released (or at least announced) by then but it would appear that neither thing will happen. So at the moment I don't quite know what to talk to her about! I'm sure I'll find something but I'd be reluctant to talk about the assault case even if no staff were listening in.

All I can do is see what happens on the day. I've also got 3 tickets for my 48G 'ni-oshi' who is Mirurun from NMB48 and depending on what happens maybe I might think it's time to make a change?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    The first thread is to propose a counter-argument on what the point of Togasaki's tweet was, if there was one at all.
    This is because there's many people (including myself) that are instead convinced this was more of a convenient way to dispose of Imamura after the management had used him for all he's worth, while also giving him a convenient excuse to never show himself in public once ever since the issue had broke out (and possibly, for him to deny any further appearance or collaboration by using contract termination as a justification).
    Also, it helps to know that Imamura has been Akimoto's friend for 30 years and had even been with him during his romp in New York back in their young days, so he's no mere employee for him. In a way, Imamura is the definition of the guy who keeps having a job only thanks to connections and pity from people more powerful than him, I may repeat.

The second one describes in what way the case has thrown a spanner into AKS's plans to prepare for this year's Sousenkyo after they seemingly set up the groundwork for it so carefully, instead.

Usually I'm not really interested in translating any opinions from regular Twitter accounts in particular (unless of course Maho's puts a Like on it, also there's been so many in these months to last a lifetime), but since you asked, and since I had some time to put aside, I spent a little while to translate the posts in both threads (as said, they are quite long, so the last tweets of afterwords have been omitted, just to let you know).

yRTSPAV.jpg

The wind has changed its direction, huh.
    Time to write down an analysis of my own.
    This one is, in short, a way for me to detox, a work only for my own sake, meant to shelve away what pent-up things I have in my chest, by putting it into words.

The lack of honorifics is for reasons of character limitations, my own feelings are now correlated to it.

---
    So, the case of Togasaki's reckless tweet...
    Since everyone doesn't trust the management one little bit anymore and is very wary of anything they do, there's a significant trend which interprets it as a scenario set up in order to let Imamura get off the hook.
    To be honest, I do understand this sentiment, but I couldn't take this stance up to this point, myself.
    So I'd like to sum up an argument as to why I don't.

---
    Earlier before that dumb tweet incident, there was supposed to be a meeting where every members other than Mahohon were convoked together. On the days before and after that when the tweet incident happened, we were informed that a part of the members would have to suspend activities on social media for a couple of days, Renapon told how "I am feeling faint-hearted", while Rittan instead was admittedly crying her eyes out in front of her family.
    And then, there came the post by Togasaki, an "Imamura victory declaration".

---
    But then, what are the victory conditions for Imamura?
    I feel a bit embarrassed to flatter myself, but Mahohon put a Like on the tweet at the end of a long-winded thread posted by me on that same day, so I regard it as a sign of confirmation.
    Mahohon is quite precise in putting Likes, and so if only a guessing is off, she wouldn't place a Like on a part of correlated tweets, I mean.

[Note: this is the thread he is referring to, https://twitter.com/julycats2018/status/1103311109161857026]

---
    The members won't receive any penalty, let alone there will be any disbandment, not even Imamura will be penalized, and with Mahohon's confession being explained as a matter of misunderstanding, activities will proceed as normal even from now on, then when the dust would settle, Mahohon would quietly be pushed into graduating on her own terms and things would be over -- that's the worst case scenario. This is what the members were explained, and Imamura had a toast at it. To put it another way, by that point, the results of the third-party committee are already coming out.

---
    Even so, after such announcement got leaked by a "company outsider" before the intended time, the whole impartiality of the third-part committee itself finds itself compromised, and faces great opposition from mass media outlets of course, the ones that were called "worthless informations" by Imamura himself.
    While still in this circumstances, even if a predictable result were to be announced, the state of affairs cannot be brought to a conclusion this way.
    Hence why the management at AKS opted for a prompt punishment.

---
    This punishment happens to be a "termination of contract", as a result of a violation of professional confidentialy for having let it slip the he knows about the investigation results "despite the fact that the third-party committee is still in the process of investigating (i.e.: hasn't announced the results yet)", or otherwise for having acted as such, thus dealing great damage on the company.

Wait, termination of contract?

---
    I haven't considered this possibility up until now, but unlike theater manager Hosoi, Imamura is in a "golden parachute" kind of position, right? He is neither a company employee, nor a board director, but his position is higher than that of AKS. I dare say that he is a guest kept under custody by the "ruling lord", which is what Akimoto Yasushi is for AKS.
    In short, AKS didn't have the power to hand down a penalty on Imamura.

---
    In this case, it's true that the AKS management wanted to get rid of Imamura. But with the inside of NGT being a sort of black box in which they could do as they please, and with him being granted special rights, the outsider that is the AKS management could not get hold of an evidence of evildoing strong enough to punish him, or of an argument in favor of terminating his contract. With Akimoto being Imamura's friend, it was even harder still. There was nothing they could do.

---
    However, in case of a leak of informations regarding the third-party committee, the lawyers would then stick in favor of AKS's side. With such an argument available, they would win. And so, like a life-saver, they managed to give him a prompt dismissal.
    Akimoto Yasushi of course understood how the situation was, and it's likely he let Imamura be disposed of. They cannot afford to make media outlets their enemies...

---
    Now, if you are asking me if Togasaki did it for the sake of Mahohon, I'd reply that this is certainly an overstimation, but what piqued my curiosity was the way he persistently replied how "Imamura-san is talking of...". Even if, by any chance, this turned out to be a complete victory for him, I can well imagine Imamura had no real intention of coming out in the open regardless.
    This is the man that made the worst possible choice of making Mahohon bow her head down in apology.

---
    Togasaki is writing about the lively talk they were having around that pub table without thinking much about it. It's not his imagination, but it's a talk that really popped up around that table that he is writing of in there. But there's no way that someone like Imamura would say something like "I'd personally show up on the frontline and speak up". He never did any such gesture in the past. He's a scumbag of a man who has always hid behind the back of the members. In which case...

---
    It would mean that there was a man around that table who was telling how "There's no other person but Imamura who can solve this critical situation. Let's have Imamura-san show up in public and speak out. Fans will come to terms with it if it's Imamura-san's words". The person saying it could be none other than Hosoi.

In short, what was the purpose of that meeting at the pub?

---
    Theater manager Hosoi is from the AKS management, and on the same faction as Yoshinari (Natsuko). Could it be that the purpose was to persuade Imamura to attend together the press conference to be held before the announcement from the third-party committee, and that he put Togasaki inbetween to avoid him feeling alarmed?

Hosoi uploaded the photo of Togasaki alone, but the punishment for him was only to resign as a theater manager. That thoughtless tweet overstepped the bounds a bit too much than predicted, but the effects were alright in the end, perhaps.

49uFv5Z.jpg

I have reorganized the thread, let's continue with the analysis.

So, the results of the third-party committee, as anyone can possibly predict, were supposed to be an absolute victory for Imamura in their undertones: "There's been a lot of misunderstandings, but hey let's work hard all together ~☆". However, because of that dumb tweet incident, they succeeded in getting rid and tossing off even Imamura, who was in an untouchable territory. So AKS, having seen with their own eyes how strong was the backlash from the public...

---
    ..., found itself forced to take a change from the intended path.
    The reason Hosoi walked a tightrope just to meet with Imamura was because without an apology from Imamura they couldn't call down the curtains on this case, and with it they cannot run another Sousenkyo either.
    Sousenkyo is the safety net of AKS, so to speak. And now suspicions are being cast even on this lifeline. Fraud in voting, and courting those who are their voting farms, this is something that they are never going to acknowledge in any way.

---
    For one thing, even without Mahohon's case, this year's Sousenkyo would have been a source of headaches anyway. With the graduation of Sashihara, the newsworthy value in the eyes of the public is lost, they tried to stir up the spirits by making it into a battle between two strong contenders, Jurina and Sakura, last year, but in many senses, even with these two tops things became no longer viable. Jurina then ended up being the sole strong contender there.
    Prolonging things to see if there would be a consecutive victory also had too negative an implications to it, as there have been worries even about Jurina's own psychic conditions. When things came to this...

---
    There was, then, no other choice but to forcibly keep things animated by making it about Suda vs Ogiyuka, a battle between uncoventional idols, in a way which are typical to the AKB circle. Therefore, in the run-up to Sousenkyo, the management had intended to give a large push in television exposure for both Suda and Ogiyuka ever since that time. While being exposed to criticism for it, it was since before Mahohon's confession that Ogiyuka kept appearing over and over on television, around this time of the year.

---
    This was all, I think, an exposure meant as a Sousenkyo strategy, which was already long kept in reserve inside of the schedule. So, well, I feel pity for her for that.

Even after Mahohon's confession, it's quite possible that Akimoto probably went ahead with the intention of making it a controversy-fueled promotional scheme, like: "That's a good matter of talk to animate the Sousenkyo. Let's associate Ogiyuka to this topic".
    If you manage to have the public focus their own curiosity on it, then it's all fine and dandy -- that's Akimoto for you.

---
    Other than that, in this year's Sousenkyo, which was being forced under the spotlight at all costs, there was the hopeful prospect that AKB would have held on for a little longer even after Sashihara's graduation, if only they made the public take notice of Yahagi Moeka, and made her rise up to stardom overnight.

In spite of that, those who felt angry for Mahohon's situation were, differently from what Akimoto had predicted, not just "a few handful of Yamaguchi wotas", but ordinary people of the public.

---
    Ordinary people of the public, and sponsors, and media as well.
    Things got ugly.

With media wondering if a flood of criticism about the program would come in as a result of gori-pushing Ogiyuka and making her appear on television, it became increasingly hard for such media to handle her. And got disliked for it.

By this point, if no public notificiation was announced, they could not hold a Sousenkyo right on schedule.
    And this was not a situation where they could make any such public notice.

---
    So they could do nothing but give up on Sousenkyo.
    They kept watch on the situation up until the last minute, but they couldn't do otherwise.
    That must have been an announcement so sudden that even the members were not aware of it beforehand.
    And then, with this year's Sousenkyo being in a critical situation, interest from people would then cease completely if they failed at attracting the eyes of the public on it. There would be nothing to do but to reduce AKB in size and scope.

---
    In such case, the sources of income would dry up if they didn't at least forcibly carry on with the handshake events.
    But even the handshake events are a subject of criticism. In some way or another, they had to find a way to calm down the rage of the public.
    So they prepared for a Q&A booth for the new theater manager Hayakawa.
    There was nothing else for Hawayaka to do but to apologize to everyone, offer explanations and come up with a method to take in all the complaints in lieu of the members themselves.
    "The yakkai wotas are banned from entering", "We have been paying great care about safety", explaining nothing but that.

---
    Mahohon's mobame, which had been put on a stop for a long time until then, also resumed its activities.
    Even speaking her honest opinions, with open criticism of the management and her own expression of bitter disappointment, was now allowed.
    Clearly enough, the wind changed its direction.

When the individual to protect still used to be Imamura, it was Mahohon, who opposed him on the other side, that was the enemy. They needed to keep her silenced.

---
    Now Imamura is gone. Even so, Mahohon's own expression was still a nuisance when it came to protecting the money tree that Sousenkyo and handshake events are for AKB. Pandering to the larger voting customers is something they won't admit the existence of. But still, this time's Sousenkyo is still impossible to hold this way.

---
    With things like that, the management can't do anything but to bown down in apology to Mahohon, if they want to make AKB continue business even after reducing it in scope.
    Even manager Hayakawa is a normal person, receiving insults all day long would make even her break down. In order to calm down the rage, even if just by a little, there's nothing else to do but to stand close to Mahohon.

---
    In short: before ever restarting the handshake events, as a result of the third-party committee's investigations, I hope a message will come in admitting the issues with the management, with the AKS management giving their apologies to Mahohon, and pledging to improve conditions in the future. As for disciplinary measures on the members, they can make it known at a later date.
    I feel it will come in by tomorrow's evening.
    A turning point is possible.
    Or rather, there's no other way for them to last long but this. I'm hoping on it.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 12
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. Dirkkun

Dirkkun Kenkyuusei

March 16
    http://40298ch.com/test/read.cgi/karakoro/1548413013/257
    • Case details were written in the comments of an January AKB Times matome. (Unknown if details true or not)
    • Handshake event.
    • Ogiyuka wrote two long comments on her instagram.
    • Riko celebrated Rena's birthday with her and speculations that Maho was there too.
    • Another Girl's Channel unsubstantiated leak.
    • 2 online articles. (Wezzy and Weekly Jitsuwa)
    • Story of how Tano and Yamaguchi were like siblings.
    March 17
    http://40298ch.com/test/read.cgi/karakoro/1548413013/259
    • Handshake event 2nd day Manager Room: Stage send-offs are coming back next performance; they don't answer questions about incident until 3rd party is disclosed; they will deal strictly with member defamation on SNS and message boards.
    • Nakai cheered up the fans in Nishigata's lane by yelling "It's going to be fine. The future is bright."
    • The boss of Iwashita foods is also angry at AKS.
    • Sugahara, Hasegawa, Nishigata mobames.

Edit: Added March 17.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Taka22

Taka22 Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    If Imamura and Hosoi got canned for discussing the case with a former colleague, what makes you think these two would do so with completely random strangers?

• Dislike x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  6. Taka22

Taka22 Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    why wouldn't they answer? The manager room was there for this :blink:
    that was the opportunity to get answers to important things that needed to be adressed like ask firmily for an exact date for committee's result and why they are doing HS before the results,how is Maho's health right now and what has been done for her ...i could make a list...

But of course ,instead ngt wota are more concerned about when the theater performances will be resumed or how to send present to members.
    After all people only care about their oshi and because fans will blindly support AKS ,they do whatever they want!

Some people will go as far as blaming the victim , like the absurd post from @Theworld and other japanese ngt wotas i saw on twitter :fp:

The funny thing is management will put camera and staff to prevent fans of asking about the case but can't protect members from rape attempt

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  7. Qtyu33

Qtyu33 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    heard 20th would have statement from the useless committee. any guesses ? I think either no member is to blame or it runa (scapegoat) or ayaka get all the blame and "quit".

8. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Unfortunately I think they said that the committee would only release its report to the NGT management, and then the management could announce some findings if they want. So even if the committee does a good job, it seems likely we won't hear the full story. I would be very surprised if they name anyone in particular to be at fault (other than Imamura, now that he's gone).

I think the best hope is a) the report is a meaningful investigation, b) sponsors and the Niigata government demand the actual report be released, c) NGT releases the full report sometime this century. That combination of things seems a lot to hope for.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dirkkun

Dirkkun Kenkyuusei

March 18
    http://40298ch.com/test/read.cgi/karakoro/1548413013/269
    • The "I love you" instagram two-shot with Tano posted by Ogino On January 8 was deleted.
    • A Nishigata instagram story.
    • Article about Ogiyuka's long instagram messages about the general elections.
    • Two more online articles: Yamada's twitter flowers; new management.
    ------------------------------------​

Tonight's Team A show will have TV cameras recording at the end so there are speculations of an newsworthy announcement of some sort. Since third party committee stuff would most likely be at the NGT theater, maybe a new AKB theater manager or a major graduation notice?

Edits: Removed the 'right after' quoted by @wlerin below and reworded the item. Added the Team A bit.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 5
  10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Except that's not what it's for at all? It's for fans to come and share their thoughts, complaints, or request things for their oshimen. (Also, taking photos.) Nothing to do with demanding answers about an ongoing investigation.

Not even close to "right after". UTC epoch on that post was 1546921026, or 13:17 on January 8th in Tokyo. Maho streamed over 12 hours later.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    I'd imagine that it was topic, simply due to the fact that it is a big topic among fans. But I'm realist enough to assume that all answers regarding this case would likely be 'Sorry, but we're not commenting anything until the external committee has finished its report'. Especially after the TGSK tweets. I wouldn't want to risk my job.

Honestly speaking: AFAIK, none of us took part in these sessions, so discussing what might not have been asked is rather pointless.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Details of the AKB48 Group LIVE Fes on 4/27 in Yokohama Arena have just been released and it'll include an NGT48 stage at 15:45-16:15:
    https://www.akb48.co.jp/lp/spring_fes2019/

Assuming I get a ticket for the event I'll definitely watch it to see Ogiyuka but I wonder how well it might be received by the audience?

EDIT: Just noticed that there's no list of performers for this stage, it just says 'メンバー調整中' so nothing appears to have been decided yet.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dirkkun

Dirkkun Kenkyuusei

March 19
    http://40298ch.com/test/read.cgi/karakoro/1548413013/270
    • Only the NGT members are 'not yet decided' for the AKB48 Group live Fes.
    • The clothes Rena wore for the 2nd day of handshakes were a present from Maho.
    • Photolog update from Gatanee.
    • Another image that was deleted with the 'I love you' from yesterday.
    • The NGT incident appeared in Chinese and Korean magazines.
    • Some of the yakkai went to the wedding of a former idol who married a wota, and one tweeted "Mahore".
    • Ayakani updated her instagram story.

March 20
    http://40298ch.com/test/read.cgi/karakoro/1548413013/272
    • 3rd party results press conference announcement.
    • The entertainment news the twenties in the toukai region are most interested in is the NGT case, according to Chuukyou TV.
    • NGT theater schedule is blank for end of March, April. Seiji said there's no shows for a while on mobame.
    • Shuukan Jitsuwa: 3 page article about NGT case and old AKB scandals.

Edit: March 20

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 10
  14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

• Informative Informative x 16
    • Like Like x 2
  15. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Welp... Time to pack-up and move out of Niigata...

“You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here...” Thank you Niigata! Good night! :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Taka22

Taka22 Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
  17. Qtyu33

Qtyu33 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    OMG so unexpected .................everyone know how the reports gonna turn out so no surprise here

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Taka22

Taka22 Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    True
    still this is revolting
    :fp:

Hopefully mahohon's family will sue the shit out of AKS

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Yeah, not at all surprised they denied the attack and the fault of management and members. I'm honestly surprised that they even admitted members were having inappropriate relations with fans. In the end, they hope to sweep it all under the rug and pray things go back to normal (which, sadly, they probably will considering the average wota).

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Time to release this meme:
    IMG_20170816_094020.jpg

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1