1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Rumors say AKB48 Group will have Asia tour including a concert at Shanghai in August, one at Tapei in October. We have more reasons to cancel ssk this year.

2. Jushige

Jushige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    World tour when -.-

3. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    holding concerts in Shanghai and Taipei already deserves to be called world tour according to kpop

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

Ah too bad, SSK has been my "main thing" for summer. Lots of sweets and then watch it, sorry to read that this year they're not doing it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. ColorfulMonsters48

ColorfulMonsters48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Maybe finally a Tokyo dome concert... but a Asia Tour would be nice too

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    AKS has to care about the real world first, not only Asia.

Can they even sell out the Nippon Budokan for more than 1 day ?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

Quick question: and if they have had ssk this, how would they market that.
    SSK always been about number 1 spot. And this year is the only year that probably there is 0% competition to number 1. Even back on 2012 there was more marketing towards mayu x yuko.

Anyway, i just think this ssk would have been a bit less interesting anyway for marketing purpose on itself.
    Plus the ngt issue and the avoidance of public transparency... So yeah, cancelling ssk definetly was the "play safe" decision.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

8. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Sashi's last two SSK were pretty much sure wins and 0% competition. Had there been an SSK this year, it can be marketed like who will/can rise up against Jurina + the drama of Jurina wanting to get a proper celebration this year.

Not exactly the best narrative but again, Sashi's win in 2016 and 2017 were pretty much shoe-ins.

Doesn't matter now anyway.

They could have also marketed this year as something like, "Who will be the queen of the new era?"

Again, doesn't really matter now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. welp

welp Next Girls

My opinion as 48 dumbass
    election might not generate that big of profit to the agency. the income from single sale is alloted to aks in small fraction.
    without election, fans will spend more on other events such as cherry bay blaze or beat carnival. if aks promises better rewards for winners, fans will be more passionate to spend on these online events. aks gains much bigger share of income from mobile apps than music sale. also, it's more convenient for foreingers to pay via mobile apps. aks may create smaller voting events or, a different big voting event.
    i think akb will be reformed. However much it has brought public attention to AKB, election has given AKB too-wota-driven image. To halt or lessen the attention onto the election may be needed to make AKB more public friendly.
    also, i think akb will gradually be minimized. I believe how nmb currently has 14 members per each team and no more trainees assigned to each team but overall nmb's trainee is intentional to minimize nmb and is the trend other groups in the franchise will follow. Perhaps, eventually, they will be teams within each group no more, just 1 group 1 team.

I think the weight of NGT scandal is overestimated. Shitty idol treatment has never been a serious business concern (or numerous agencies must have not lasted over 5 years). The public interest over this case has died. The scandal itself is not big deal to AKS unless it has showed AKS of structural/systematic flaw of 48 current direction, hostility within the group, rich fans' influences over members etc.

Looking aback how well Asian Festival tickets sold, I doubt it. Besides, shouldn't it start Japan tour first?

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I don't think they gain a lot through those game events, and doubt the girls gain anything other than the prizes.
    The game companies get a lot which is reinvested in the said game itself, (including paying the licensing) or their other products,

And yet, the AKB48's theater manager's place is vacant since the bar meeting.
    No big deal really ?
    If so everything would have been set internally and they wouldn't be in this current mess. i hope you realize the poor situation at the NGT48 theater where only the trainees and Homma can perform at the moment.
    The case is strong enough that they lost some major sponsors, lost a major radio show (to be replaced with what is going to be a shadow of what it was) and have to cancel their main event of the year.

If it was not that much of a thing, believe me they would have done what was done long time ago with the problematic girls in HKT. Fire them, including a popular one, without explaining anything, and everything would have return to normal a few weeks later.

11. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    they literally have 26 trainees

12. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Minimizing teams is a big no for any group still wanting to keep the idol you can meet format. You need certain amount of girls to ensure theater stages are staffed. The best they can do is keep 16-nin teams, cancel kks stages and let kks be under like the old days, but that wont cut many girls either. And giving up the idol you can meet means 48G is no different from Sakamichi and gazilions of idol group out there and imo many fans would give up on 48 then.

Re the concert well they can’t sell a 10-thousand venue like the one in Thailand but 3 to 5 thousands should be manageable. Start small then go big.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    http://www.nmb48.com/member/

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Low-key hope they cancel janken and kouhaku too.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Have you watched all of NMB's new team shonichis? All of the line-ups are 14 team members + 2 KKS. And yes, no more team-bounded KKS anymore, but there's rotating system which each KKS can learn all of the stages and hopefully can perform on the stage -either as the filling 2 or as unders. And they still have KKS stage and soon-to-be Kojirin-P stage.

Funfact: NMB tends to be lazy in terms to recruit new gen girls (5th gen recruitment was announced 4 years after 4th gen's debut lol). So, with those 26 trainees, maybe management could open 7th gen recruitment in............ 2-3 years :awesome:

Also, 1 group 1 team? You mean 46G? :fear:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Come on
    Kouhaku is fun

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I can see two major "teams" in N46 and K46: the senbatsu members and the under members

18. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I would disagree with you. I didn't watched 2017 one, but I watched 2018 one in theater and I couldn't be more bored. And people around me seems bored too. If you consider it is an Idol concert, the problem is that the main, very long block is filled with group-separated show. That wouldn't be much of the problem, except that half of them is filled with popular song by the original member. And if you consider a musical show (which IMO it is closer too), then at 4 hours it's 2 hours too long.

Either return to original Kouhaku, or just stop it entirely. I don't care.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Just in general they need a revamp all their activities. i feel like most fans are pretty content with what they give out (I don't think we'll ever get bored of Request hour per se) but like i haven't watched Janken in years. I don't care for sports festivals (I don't care for sports in general lol), the theater is boring to me atm, and Kouhaku was really cool and fun, but it got really state lately. Which is hella weird since they can do like anything really. It's almost a free-for-all when it comes to performances i imagine and yet it's boring? It feels like they play it safe the people who choose the performances. The only one I remember being really amazed by was this Yukirin solo-church-song-thing she did maybe 2 years ago. That was really different and exceeded my expectations from someone like Yukirin. Like go crazy who cares who wins or loses there isn't a reward per se.

I think this is why I've grown to really like the thanksgiving concerts. Mostly the Senbatsu ones. Like Nao really puts her soul into her performances and it's an amazing show overall watching each member do their own thing. I mean the whole Rie Yume no Kawa song thing was hilarious and the highlight of that concert for me. You'd think with like a million songs and a million members we'd be entertained like 24/7 lolol (which reminds me of that 24-hour thing NMB does...like it's not that good lol).

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  20. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    I think they've honestly just gotten lazy. Enough fans throw money at them no matter what they do so they've just kept kind of doing the same thing forever, including stale events and ancient stages. Things are obviously rocky this year with all the drama going on and a few pretty major graduations (and Sakura to Korea). So now they'll need to shake things up and come out with fresh stuff or they'll likely start seeing losses of fans. Yesterday's HS lines were by far the shortest I've seen in a year, but I'm not really sure the numbers back that up, just my own personal observation.

• Informative Informative x 2