1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. cykach01

cykach01 Kenkyuusei

I don't what's with the management, but I already have a hunch who might not make it to top 48. Hope we can all support the girls despite of the fight of the top tier members for the senbatsu or kami 7 spot.

2. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Sad reality.

Sheety as it may be, but I'll do it for my oshi.

D1tOhWxUgAAMpaW.jpg

BTW, pic is from marj and davs.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 3
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The Philippine Star has an English language story about MNL48.

"What sets MNL48 apart from other girl groups

Do not fret if it’s a real struggle for you to memorize all the names of MNL48 members. Their charming looks, synchronized dance moves, colorful costumes akin to that of the teenaged Japanese school girls you see on animé shows and their Tagalog yet J-Pop sounding songs can easily capture your attention and, therefore, the all-teen girl group practically gets an instant recall.

What certainly is the best validation of the girl group’s rise to fame is going on stage for its first major concert titled Living the Dream: The Concert on April 6 at the New Frontier Theater. Hallohallo Entertainment, Inc. is the producer while GB Sampedro is the musical director.

GB revealed that the concert is far different from his past concert projects given the fact that Living the Dream: The Concert has a concept that strictly follows the standards and procedure of MNL48’s sister group in Japan called the AKB48."

https://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2019/03/15/1901479/what-sets-mnl48-apart-other-girl-groups

• Like Like x 2
  4. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    please I don't want to understand the meaning of this....

5. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
  6. onego123

onego123 Member

I get the feeling that they'll get in trouble unless HH doesn't care about the SNS rule this time around.

7. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Okay...

As a business student...

What the flying fuck in this God's Green Earth is this? Tell me... How many MNL Girls plus the Ken's and the 2nd Gen will be? This in a Marketing standpoubt is making my brain beep rapidly in red flags.

What will happen to all the girls who don't make the 48? They get kicked out?

8. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    TF? based on what written in here it seems that those that not survive to top 48 will either get demoted or forced to leave the group.

9. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    This is what the voting ballot looks like, it has the same text as the one posted above. Honestly I don't know what'll happen to this thing.

Handshake event was fun though! I was hesitant to go at first but I get its appeal now.

Attached Files:

10. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    A sister group not being a sister group. That's how confusing they are right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    It is...SUCH a rollercoaster being an MNL fan :/ I seriously can't with this management sometimes.

But GODDAMN IT I'm sticking with our girls. Been invested too long to drop them now lol

12. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Agree with you on that. I sometimes wonder if they just use the name of AKB48 to fish loyal FANS to show legitimacy but they want to do it on a different way, breaking traditions, just going way out of the line. They cant even invite any sister groups for the opening act on the concert and just go inviting other local japanese idols that is totally outside 48g. I smell somewhere/someday they will be going the SNH route. I dont want to leave the fandom because of the girls effort and i do love them from what they do and what they've done, but the MGMT is so trashy that i cannot tolerate the ways they operate.

13. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

There was a joke on twitter about MNL48 being a sister group of SNH48... and I want to make it a running joke. LOL

It's so funny it hurts.

The management is so stubborn, I don't know why they are not craving to the fans demands. It's not like what we want is so bad.

14. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
  15. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
  16. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Isn't that mean... After each election, there will be a shuffle? Cause' with the possible departure of promoted members who lose, the formation of each team will be unbalanced, and the P seems so keen to make it 48 girls, 3 teams formation.

If there's an election that the fans should worry about, it's this kind of SSK. At least in AKB, not making it or no participation doesn't mean a forced graduation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    There's...so much to unpack here.

1. If they didn't want more than 48 members, they shouldn't have kept 48 members. It's their own damn fault. Shoot, that's why the CHALLENGERS thing was a bad idea.

2. Forced graduations? No. Just NO.
    There's a few things I let slide. This isn't one of them. Respect the time and effort these girls have put in. At the very least, some kind of final goodbye event. Or something. I HATE how they're handling this.

3. BUT...cross promotions do seem to be in the works. And national tours. There is progress, at least.
    ------------------
    In terms of the election and the way I see it, best case scenario:
    Vote the Original 48 girls back in. As much as I like some of the Kenkyuusei (and might like some of the potential 2nd gens), the original 48 ranks deserve to be here the most. They've fought the longest to be here, and it just isn't right to throw them out after a YEAR of actually doing the damn job. Local friends in the forums: PLEASE vote them in.

(And yes. I'm aware that not all of the current 48 were actually "original". The 3-4 Kenkyuusei that got promoted were in the right place at the right time. And I'm happy for them, bummer to the rest. But we MUST keep the current 48)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    "Kurosawa says those who will be voted out on the Second General Election, which will air on ABS-CBN’s noontime variety show It’s Showtime, will graduate on the same day."

-an exert from that article...

:confused::yikes::wall::rant::asdfgh:

while on a side note:
    "“We announced that we will set up [the Animate Store] in Glorietta, and it is still ongoing,” Kurosawa said."

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Who will be the workers from that Animate Store? Plus that damn theater is still taking too long. And come on, so as Tokyo Girls Collection. Can't you let those girls that will be unranked get some work in your future establishments?

20. hypothalamus

hypothalamus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    hypothalamus_
    Oh well. IMO, management really :poop:.

Also this will be an opportunity for them to put their girls in the group.