1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. AlexWulf

AlexWulf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    MNL48's interview from Push Now na! with Dara Sauler english sub is now available
    Here, MNL48 members belle, abby, brei, collen and mari share about their excitement on their upcoming concert.
    Check the preview on this link >> https://twitter.com/MnlSub/status/1108033528430624768

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    What annoys me with Kuro-P's statement is that if they can only accommodate 48 girls, then why hold a second gen audition then?

Also, I'm skeptical that they will recruit fresh new members and put them at risk of not making it to the group in the end? They seriously can't be expecting these new girls to gain new fans in the span of a month to rival the 1st gen.

Unless... unless management have something up their sleeves like I don't know, maybe some of these 2nd genners are agency backed.

And as for the ori48, as unlikely it may be, I hope they all make it to the top 48. How many ori48 do we have left now? Still 40 something right?

3. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    It seems that today at least 10 members of MNL48 traveled to Japan but nobody I asked in facebook seems to know why...
    Any info???
    C29D754A-68CD-4EA6-884C-BA4CC0872F20.jpeg

4. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    They could have at least invited Starmarie... but then I saw that they got a scheduling conflict... and some of the girls are Marists too!

I mean I would pay the ticket in a heartbeat if they had brought in Starmarie as an opening act.

NEED MORE TSHIRTS!!!

Unless... they are planning to make a 46 group... So... are we going to call it Rizal46? Quezon46? or *insert Philippine city here* 46?

5. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Paranaque46 since MNL's "theatre" is in the Northern part of Metro Manila, the rival group should be in the south I guess?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mmmarky

Mmmarky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sunrui
    Twitter:
    MmmarkISS
    This kicking out of members thing for ssk is not right at all and pure evil. Sha is currently having some kind of break down on her Instagram live

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    That's it, I'm at my peak. Management really is shit. Im gonna be a lowkey follower but not a fan anymore. Sorry girls but management really did it this time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Paranaque sounds UN catchy and hard to remember...

Alabang46?

• Like Like x 1
  9. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I mostly went with the one that had the most syllables lol Muntinlupa46 was another option but Paranaque sounded better.

OIC them sending some girls to the Japan and still snubbing Tin, Alice, Ella, and Ash. They owe these girls the Japan trip but so far only Alice had the chance to go there for the World Senbatsu last year. I honestly don't know why they're snubbing these girls tbh especially when Alice and Ash had super long lines in the Handshake Event compared to some girls that they sent there. Heck even Aly had a longer line and had a second batch due to her long line.

10. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Guys... Gimme a small loan of 10 billions dollars, blonde hair dye, the Art of the Dea, tanning salon session and Catriona Gray to pose as my "Trophy Wife".

I am gonna hostile take over HH Corporation for the good of all mankind.

I am gonna end Paulo Kurosawa's whole career. Cuz my respect for this guy is now at negative 100 trust. I wouldntw trust him to run a damn Carinderia.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    This what happens when mgmt is too confident/miscalculated to hire all 48 members in one generation +KKS, now some girls have to suffer the consequence when it should be the management.

12. D.R.Anru

D.R.Anru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Aly Padillo (MNL48 Aly)
    God save the hardworking MNL48 1st Generation members and kks.

For a long time I have been fanboying, I never witnessed a management as short-sighted and cocky as HHE. He even dare say that we don't see the whole picture. What picture? IMO the picture that I see is their theater be finished and the members being genuinely happy because there's nothing to be unhappy about. I don't expect too much because PH is a third world country and money is not that easy to earn here. It would have been a lot better if they started with baby steps for some time and not a "Great Leap Forward"-like plan.

Why get 48 girls from the start? Is it because there's "48" in MNL48? Did this guy made preliminary research on other 48Gs to plan a good blueprint for the Filipino sister group? Why Showtime? Why a normies' show?? WHY A GODDAMN FORCE GRADUATION where no one is at fault?!

Did anyone violated the love ban? Did a member soiled the group's reputation?
    This Kuro.P has a lot to answer for. That interview he had? It only left an angry and unstable fanbase. Nobody's happy right now.

And poor 2nd Gen aspirants and they're gonna bear the brunt of HHE's mismanagement.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 3
  13. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

At least Kenyusseis had the excuse of "Early Installment Weirdness"

But second gen makes them pale in comparison.

Just curious, there's a leak of these 2nd Gens? Where

14. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

They said the upcoming 2nd gen aspirants will be on its showtime tomorrow, heard it from the sidelines.

15. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Sauce? And how many of them will appear?

16. angelkinetic

angelkinetic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    There are rumors that there would be 18 aspirants

17. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Random thoughts:

- HHE prolly decided to pick 48 girls as an experiment to see who will be more profitable and then just remove those girls who will not gain them much income. Prolly why the girls were given a 1 year contract only. Business business business

- Those 2nd gen aspirants who will pass in the audition will prolly be kept as KKS even if they do not get in the 48 ranking. Same as what happened with the challengers when they didnt win against the bottom 8.
    HHE will find a way to keep their bets.

- Despite all the chaos, I think it’s unfair to give shades to the previous challengers, KKS or even the upcoming 2nd gens. TBH I actually think that HHE has a good eye in picking idols like Colleen, Rans and Belle. There are still KKS girls that have great potential like Laney, Rowee, Emz etc.
    If only HHE made a private audition then they wouldnt have this struggle to pick the girls that they really wanted. I had a feeling that HHE was not impressed with lots of the original 48 members hence why the challengers appeared. But they already made the audition transparent, they started the public voting and they cant just eliminate the higher ranking girls whom they dont find appealing. They screwed up from the start... created this mess.

- Now HHE wants to purge but the girls have already created a bond with their fans so it wouldnt be easy. Jeez... hope there will be no trouble at the concert or at GE which will unfortunately be held in Showtime (talk about adding salt to the wound... I just couldnt imagine the horror seeing the girls cry when they get eliminated right in front of the people to see... all just to show more drama —- coz Pinoys love that right? Drama.)

- On the other hand, I’m a bit disappointed with Sha’s IG live. I really felt that she’s one of the girls who took it hard... she has a sensitive soul and I actually liked that about her but now she’s like a bit out of control. Their fate will depend on the GE so she shouldnt be bluntly giving shades to the management. I know she has the right to express her sadness but I really find it tacky when you ‘bite the hand that feeds you’. Apart from the numerous times she gave the meaningful-sarcastic look everytime she mentioned the ‘Living the dream concert’, telling people that she likes spilling tea and even dared everyone to ‘Spill the tea’... jeez most of her words had a shady meaning that I couldnt help but find malice when she said ‘I’m not like Sela’ when the audience mentioned about her visual. Like Sha still has a chance to be chosen in GE right? So why is she being bitter and destructive?

- I will still support MNL48 though... I just wish my not so popular oshis gets in. And I wish Alice doesnt plan to quit, I know how principled she is but I think the girls also needs her, she’s like one of the pillars of MNL48. So Alice if you have a doubt about staying please please please stay. Atleast give it another year to think about it, please.

- on the positive note, I am excited to meet the 2nd gen and to see the future singles and MVs now that the quality has started to improve. Yey!

- I’m interested with the 2nd gen aspirant Abegail. She has a really pretty smile but Idk why she hides her face a lot. At the leaked 2nd gen photo she’s the one wearing shades lol.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. angelkinetic

angelkinetic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Just some points in your thoughts :

1. yes business is business...but there are customers(us fans) that is involved... They need to be open to what they wanted to do at the very first... The price for the original top 7 was not yet fulfilled and its been a year... even for sheki(i'm not a fan of her) endorsements were not that big and they promised it at the start...

2. if 2nd gen aspirants would be kks even though they can't be on the top 48.... so what would happen to the present kks that would not enter top 48? what about the members who will not be in the top 48? forced to graduate? isn't unfair?.... Do they really understand what it means to be a member and what it means to be a kenkyuusei? or is it just a name?

3. First, I agree they messed up. And yeah because of the challenger seven, they almost lost there a popular girl which is Faith... I also do root for dani a KKS as well...But if HHE wants to fix their mess, They first need to understand the difference between a member and a kenkyuusei. They need to understand what is the big gap between the two. and understand what it means to graduate and be promoted.

4. For GE, I'm about to guess there are tears that would be shed, for the announcement at showtime, IMO there could be no fans that would go since the one who will bear the hate of the fans to the mangement would be the 2nd gen aspirants(need to add aspirants since its so confusing right now)

5. Watched Sha's IG live just after the cry moment.. I don't know if you have been in the recent HSE before, followed some underrated girls in IG. But Kyla also wrote something about maybe that would be her last HSE. You see what's common between Sha and Kyla is they are from mindanao. the mansion is in luzon, in manila. If they would rely to the people they know for their votes, it would come from mindanao...If you have observed the recent HSE, I believe you will also understand why she feels she had no chance at all... She didn't have enough exposure, her relatives probably in mindanao. And another thing, from what I hear from the sidelines, they were not given salaries and benefits, they were just given allowances. the mansion is like a dorm from what I heard. So "biting the hand the feeds you" may not be appropriate to say to her... I'm not a fan of her but you also need to understand that Sha is one that might be forcefully graduating this GE...So you might need to give it this time to her...

6. I agree with you Alice right now is needed. She is needed to step up and be the general captain of the group(the voice for the girls).

Please support the group.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Eh. I personally think the fans are being too emotional and thinking highly of themselves than they should have. It's true that the management has made many unpopular decisions since the start but most of this, I believe, is to make the company afloat. They have been ambitious when it started, and it seems all the projections they've done financially has not been met and there are a lot of adversaries along the way (like the unhelpful media partner, fanbase that is too emotional and traditional, ph population heavilly influenced by Kpop, etc), and I somehow understand the logic behind the things they are doing now. They are correcting and revising. In the end, it is showBUSINESS and cutting ties and layoffs are very usual. It's just that our country only experienced idol industry just now and we, the fans, are VERY ATTACHED to the girls like they are our own family.

Before I get thumbs down here, let me just tell again that I do not like what HHE is doing as well, it's just that I somehow understand them. What all I can do now is to help all the members I want (a few of them are underrated members I still like to continue) by giving them my vote.

As for Sha, yeah, I saw that too and I agree that it left a bad taste afterwards. She is still in this fight but she is undermining her management with her shades/teas. Again, I understand her but there might be consequences that will follow, or maybe none, I dunno. Things you say when you are mad or sad should always be checked all the time, especially to a company that somehow is still giving you something under their care? *shrug*

Damn, that was an essay. Apologies.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Did I just read here that Sha mentioned Sela's name on her previous IG Live?