1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kakizaki Memi (Memitan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Thank you for taking the time to sub it, I always appreciate any Memi content.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Asukasuka

Asukasuka Kenkyuusei

What show was that GIF from???

I got excited more than I should have when she refers to Pokemon when they're talking about Zambi teams. lol

And the phrasing and expressions when she talks never failed to amaze me.. I understand most of what they're talking about in this showroom, but not all, so your sub really helped, thank you~

3. derKaizer

derKaizer Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Konoka
    IIRC that's from a Keyakitte Kakenai episode where Gana and Kanji competes for viewership? Like they take turns for a few weeks to create that episode's content and the one with the highest number of viewers win.

4. flash1898

flash1898 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yumiki Nao
    I think that is from keya bingo 3 ep 4 or from the making bonus

5. Asukasuka

Asukasuka Kenkyuusei

Thank you, this is the correct one, I confirmed it. I have those shows in my collections, just never really paid attention to Hiragana until around the 2nd Gen arrived, too focused on the Kanji at the time. Even though my Hinatazaka favs now mostly from 1st gen.

6. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Memi-chan on bis. She looks like a Baroque painting... really cute.

[​IMG]

bis website.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

...by François Boucher....

Memi's beginning to do more gravure, for one reason or another. I've put a few pics in a blog post. Such as these:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. otabe

otabe Member

Oshimen:
    soranyan
    this my favorite picture. very imouto like :hehe:

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Two more from bis:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memifi TikTok:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Clean, neat, and elegant, with wonderful little facial expressions.

Memi posted again today in Message, with a pic of a pair of earrings she made, and another good pic of herself. This one is clear plastic with little bits of things scattered through it. Very nice. Memi really does have art in her veins. I can't post pics from Message, but I'm reminded of the little brooch she made for Neru:

[​IMG]

Memi also says she wants to go beachcombing. To me, based on past experience, this may be a signal that she either already has been or soon will be somewhere she can do that.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

As I said at the end of the previous post, experience teaches me that when Memi says she wants to do something, she has either already done it or has definite plans to do it soon: she Messaged over the weekend that she went alone to Kamakura, bought a pair of flip-flops ("beach sandals") at a convenience store and went for a walk on the beach/in the water. Sorry I can't show the pic she posted looking down at her feet in the water. Or the pic looking north along the beach that Google Maps confirms was taken on the beachfront at Kamakura.

People do complain that she isn't blogging (nothing since mid-January) and I'd like to see more, too. But if she has time for herself like this, it's a great thing, perhaps maintaining her sanity in a crazy life. One guy said that she should have gone to Shimoda, at Izu, but that's much further from Tokyo, and not as easy to make into a day trip. Moreover, it was at Enoshima, near Kamakura, that she recorded last summer's PV with Yurina....

I haven't looked for reports from this weekend's individual handshake event yet, but one guest reported that when s/he said Memi was so cute crying on the relay run, Memi sounded extremely dubious, lol. She was a bit embarrassed at the time. I wonder if this weekend's handshake guests have made her feel less or more embarrassed.

I've put a number of things about Memi in a blog post of notes and pics. Here's a recent Mechakari pic:

[​IMG]

And here are two Mechakari videos: one web ad with Manafi, Mirei and Hinano; and one "you lost" clip with Manamo from the company's online lottery.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Watanabe Miho blogs about Memi. She says that seeing Memi working so hard in the road relay made her feel "from the bottom of my heart that I want to protect her." Miho was very happy when Memi said she was glad it was Miho running with her.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The post is entitled: "Watanabe, whom the Snow Princess's Magic Turned into a Cat." I think that refers to the second photo.

Actually, I think all members are influencing each other in various good ways. Of course I see Memi gradually infecting everyone with her tricks and her spirit, from staring into the camera (now everyone is doing it) to winks and other burikko gestures (including cat imitations). I'm not sure if Memi decided on her own to take this route or if managers suggested it, but I see her developing a repertoire that now belongs to the whole group.

But Miho's strength, determination, and eagerness to help others move forward are invaluable. As she writes, she wants to become someone whom other members feel they cannot do without.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Memi was absent for Friday night's important Music Station appearance. Memi's 5ch thread is boiling with disappointment and wild speculation. Some nasty vultures even mention graduation and hint darkly at her closeness to Hirate, which has been emphasized by members recently. It's most likely either illness or absence for an important work project (like a drama...that's the best possibility). Time will tell. People are hoping that either management or another member will mention it. And that Memi or staff will post a message to explain. Manafi has apparently posted a message mentioning the absence and hinting at overwork, but nothing clear yet.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hina Room - making of Kyun - Bomb magazine. Memi was wonderful on HinaRoom, happily telling how she went alone to the seaside to beachcomb, and then excitedly telling about her grandma's huge pet axolotl. So natural and human. Fake-free.

EDIT: Nothing more about Memi's absence except Manamo reporting in Message that she had dreamt of Memi. In honour of that dream, here is their classic "burikko bum-sumo" performance from HiraganaOshi. They go three times. The first time they end up winking at the camera and get fake-hit by Waka-chan for not being serious. The second time, Memi suddenly starts prowling around Manamo in a circle, with the most wonderful glare in her eyes. And they play-hit again. The third time, they go at it more or less seriously and Memi just bumps Manamo out.

Finally, to keep my/our spirits up, here is a YouTube version of the NHK "Information and Society" school show's first episode:

Japanese commenters complain about the poor quality of the original, and say it will be broadcast in higher quality later in the year. In fact, the original source is not directly downloadable, and is in several pieces, to make that even harder. So the poster just recorded it off the screen.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  15. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

It has me worried that we haven't heard anything.

You'd think if it was something simple, like a being sick, they would have sent a tweet. Or someone would have said "ah too bad Memi was sick" in today's Showrooms.

16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The most logical reason we haven't heard anything is that she has other work that they can't announce yet. But that's too hopeful to believe without proof, lol. Unhopeful things apparently don't need any proof. She was down for a few days a couple of weeks ago with a cold that was so bad Yurina volunteered to come over (and she missed a day of HinaAi and a day of HinaBingo recording -- possibly two shows of each). Besides that, nothing bad has been reported.

The mass hysteria in Japanese discussions of Memi today is what's scary: the antis have come out in force and the supporters have been driven into confusion (myself included). Memi has been doing very well over the past month. There is no reason to believe anything is really wrong. But bands of negative voices like to crash a support thread when its denizens are confused and tear down its subject: cried a lot lately (not much more than normal); moving to Keyaki (not unless Hirate guarantees to stay); Nao has stolen (not the right word) picked up some of the moves Memi pioneered in this group (wink, stare, now even hand-wave to call people over) with management's and captain's approval (this actually makes me mad, unless it has been stated in the group that each member's moves belong to all members); stopped doing blog, like Techi (both of them don't like writing, don't think they do it well, and possibly think it takes so much attention and worry that it harms their ability to improve their performance); sadness over name-change and loss of connection to Keyaki (maybe, but she seems to say "Hinatazaka" quite easily now, and with a smile).

I'll just stick with this image, until we hear something definite:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  17. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Kosaka is stealing Memi's identity like a vicious doppelganger vampire? Hmmmm...
    To be fair, those are all pretty standard Burikko moves. That's kind of Memi's shtick, being a pitch-perfect version of a standard by-the-numbers Burikko idol. Unlike say Manamo who has her own ero-burikko hybrid character.
    And imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

And the hand-wave thing is a pretty standard idol move. I've seen many members do it in the past, even Konoka. I believe I remember seeing them do it when they showed the VTR in HinaAi #1 of their empty handshake lane. I think they were doing it to call people over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    That is not fair for Nao-chan @ukifune

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@gish0046 -- Lol. I wondered if people would pick up on that. It's not that they aren't standard moves. But they were, as I carefully said, "pioneered" in this group by Memi. If the rest of the group starts using them, they show part of Memi's usefulness to the group. But when Kumi -- who supposedly has a special relationship with Memi, and who is the captain -- first always acts upset when Memi does them, and then praises Nao as giving a world-class wink, I feel as if something funny is going on. I don't know what it is, it just feels funny. Anyway, Memi's my oshimen. I'm entitled to feel things this way. And this is Memi's thread.

Actually, the more interesting thing in this regard is how Nao often seems to look at Memi. This is something that has been mentioned in Japanese discussions, with people trying to figure out what her attitude is (and what Memi's is). I've seen people think of it as her liking Memi and seeking to imitate the good things she does. And Memi maybe being a bit cool, not especially to Nao, but just in general. In any case, it has seemed to me that Nao does watch and has picked up the things I mentioned. I think the very strongest thing Memi does is look directly into the camera in a way that makes one feel she is making contact with the viewer. She has done this since her auditions, and to an extent greater than anyone else in Kanji or Hiragana. At a certain point, I noticed Nao picking it up. Then I noticed times when the whole group did, probably under instruction from staff. It made me wonder if the whole "burikko" thing was suggested to Memi by staff and then spread to the rest of the group under staff's direction, when Memi proved its popularity.

By the way, I believe I saw Konoka do that come-hither wave in appreciation of Memi, who did it in the first burikko contest. But maybe she had done it before. I certainly saw them doing it in that clip about the early empty lanes. But Memi deserves credit for making it work so well, impressing the others with it, and repeating it. The group has its own history. Good comment about Manamo's "burikko" style: I have always thought of her as the sexiest 2gen, as Toshi-chan is the sexiest 1gen.

@Xiphyas -- You are quite right. If I really meant it, it would be unfair to Nao. I'm not sure why I left "stolen" in there. I guess I thought my actual irrational feeling was a legitimate thing to express, and felt I was saying it ironically. But irony is often hard to see in cold print. In fact, I have praised Nao in the past for picking up the camera-stare. It shows a good professional attitude, to pick up on any good detail to use. But it is honestly frustrating for me to see others get credit for something that seems to me to be Memi's particular contribution to the group, who had to be liberated into doing "burikko" gestures. Is it true that everyone feels their oshimen is not getting the attention and credit she deserves? Anyway, please forgive me. I'm feeling upset over Memi not being on M-Station and us not having any real info why.

I have always thought Memi's version of "burikko" gestures was not really burikko at all, since she was not using them in a pleading way, which is what I would say of previous burikko acts I have seen (mainly in anime). Memi's version always seems like play-acting to me, and with the idol in a superior rather than inferior position. This somewhat denatured version of burikko I think of as a contribution from Memi to helping the group become able to do the gestures. Probably other idols have done them this way before, but all I know is Keyaki and Hinata.

---

Actually, I'm not sure management ever announces illness after it has happened. I usually see such announcements before handshake events, to forewarn attendees that someone won't be there. Unless something comes today (Monday), perhaps we just have to wait for Memi or another member to give us info.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  20. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

The thing about Memi's burikko is that she doesn't seem like she's playing a burikko character, she's just being herself. This is why I don't think she would really care if other members started doing what she does because its not like this is something she's being working hard on and practicing, unlike say Manamo's burikko character which seems very well-thought out and practiced (though that's certainly not a negative thing). If anything it might make Memi feel more accepted and comfortable in the group.

And to be fair to Kumi, Nao's winking is top tier. Even as a Memi oshi if someone asked who had the best wink I would probably say Nao (if I was trying to be objective). Memi's is almost as good but Nao's has this crazy effortless quality, like someone who was born to wink. Like her parents are both champion winkers and she was bred for winking from birth.
    Its also natural (and expected) for management (and probably therefore the captain) to want to push the current face of the group for better or worse.

• Creative Creative x 2