1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    I'd like to get a Wiki48 account to contribute to BNK48 wiki.
    I've sent a PM but haven't heard back so I'm wondering if I should just leave a message here?

2. techisashihara

techisashihara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    ggsluv
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    You need to meet certain requirements: account has to be a few months old, +40 forum posts and you need to be somewhat active on the forum. Then natsu-kun can give you an account (see full post below).

Send him a PM or contact him through discord, like he said.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  4. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Hello sorry for double posting but this is necessary and I think people need to receive a notification for this. It's been getting on my nerves a lot recently when editing pages for songs and albums.

It is ROMAJI, not ROMANJI. The English spelling of Japanese words is called romaji. There is no N.

rōmaji(ローマ字, literally, "Roman letters")

There are soooooo many pages where it says Romanji and it is really annoying because, to me, it makes the wiki look less qualitative when I know many of us actually invest a lot of time into editing it and making sure it is accurate.

With Chinese and Korean, as far as I know there is no actual word, so it's just called Romanization of Chinese/Korean but I think we can leave it as romaji for Chinese groups and the bit of hangul that we've got now with IZ*ONE (and possibly Juri and Miyu's future releases, we'll have to see). Either way, pleaaaaaaaase stop writing it as romanji. Thanks for coming to my TED talk

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    你好 (nĭhăi):"The dominant international standard for Putonghua since about 1982 has been Hanyu Pinyin. Other well-known systems include Wade-Giles (Mandarin) and Yale Romanization (Mandarin and Cantonese)." wikipedia

Japanese also has multiple systems of romanization: "The three main ones are Hepburn romanization, Kunrei-shiki romanization (ISO 3602), and Nihon-shiki romanization (ISO 3602 Strict)."

Perhaps you meant that Chinese doesn't have a separate word for using one of the romanization standard, but when you see this, it is pretty clear that they are showing you a romanization. I wouldn't write Romaji for the Pinyin romanization of Chinese.

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 4.25.32 AM.png

But your point is well taken: Romaji should be spelled Romaji.

By the way, Ma Chia Ling's page does show the Pinyin, so we should call Pinyin Pinyin and not Romaji on any pages that use Pinyin.

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 4.37.25 AM.png

P.S. This one has always bothered me. The fact that Japanese doesn't have the sounds to pronounce her name correctly (as far as I know) doesn't mean that the Romaji represents how her name is pronounced. It is just the best that Japanese speakers who don't speak Chinese can do as represented by the Kana.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think the pinyin refers to romanization of hanzi, and romaji to the romanization of kana, in the case of Macharin now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Hello, i don't know if this is correct place to ask. But i really want to know who always take in charge keyaki's single sales on oricon wiki? kuroi hitsuji 1st week etc hasn't update yet. I hope someone will update it bc i don't have a wiki account and i'm not really confident to be one of them.
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Oricon#Keyakizaka46
    Thank you before,

(Sorry for my english, if it sounds impolite and bad, i'm still learning)

9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I went through the History of the page and it seems to be a user named Windshaker. Their goal is to update the Oricon page biweekly for ALL48 and Sakamichi, so please be patient. I understand it is a lot of work to keep up with the Oricon sales of all groups

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
  11. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I have a little question, are we allowed to use non official group/official label channel for MV/PV? Because the B-side MV link for Suki to Iwasetai are all not from official channel

12. jukimai

jukimai Kenkyuusei

Admins & mods, BNK48 has a new song:
    if the video does not show watch the video here. Please add it on their wiki

• Like Like x 1
  13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thank you for this! I don't speak Thai, so I'm finding it difficult to find any sources about where this song came from. Is it a new single? Is it a co-operation with http://www.byebyeplasticbags.org? On the BNK48 website, they're still promoting Beginner with banners and such, so my assumption is that it is a promo/CM song for Bye Bye Plastic Bags. I would be very grateful if you could provide me with any sort of information ^^

14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    It's a 7-11 campaign.

"CP All Public Company, the sole operator of 7-Eleven convenience stores in Thailand, announced its intention to reduce and, eventually, to eliminate the use of single-use plastic bags at all their stores throughout the country."

https://thethaiger.com/news/nationa...-plastic-bags-at-7-eleven-stores-in-one-month

Plastic Bag Ban Campaign at 7-Eleven Convenience Stores Cuts Use of 100 Million Plastic Bags
    https://www.chiangraitimes.com/plas...res-cuts-use-of-100-million-plastic-bags.html

7-Eleven launches campaign to 'reduce and stop' use of plastic bags
    https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/10...paign-to-reduce-and-stop-use-of-plastic-bags/

15. WeRiseOrFall

WeRiseOrFall Kenkyuusei

Hi, are every STU 1st gen member still considered Kenkyuusei?

16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  17. y2kbug.hk

y2kbug.hk Kenkyuusei

May administrator please correct the team name of all Keyakizaka46 members?

Since all Hiragana Kekaki members have become Hinatazaka46, there is no need to determine Keyakizaka46 members as Kanji or Hinagana.

Please change them into 1st generation and 2nd generation.
    I want the first column show 1st and 2nd instead of 櫸.

Thank you very much.

Sent from my H9493 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Cindy

Cindy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Umezawa Minami
    Twitter:
    minaminzaka46
    Hi,
    Is it possible for the admins and mods fix the mistakes on Nogizaka’s page for the 4th album please? Especially for the senbatsu song with Riria, Umezawa, Momoko, etc are being placed as part of 2nd Gen when they are all 3rd Gen. (and Ranze being in 3rd Gen for Sayuringo’s Gundan song)
    I am also wondering if information like Shinuichi and Umezawa’s exclusive model /regular model will be updated on their page (as Nogizaka’s official website had posted an update)? (Shinuichi regular model for andGIRL and Oggi.jp and Umezawa exclusive model for with). Thanks.

19. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Hi, I'd like to make an edit to BNK48's members' page. Namely, I'd like to edit their names.

As many of you know, BNK48 members have 'real names' and 'nicknames'. The members go by their nicknames in their daily personal & professional life. Most fans will also only know the members by their nicknames. Even some of the members themselves only know each other by their nicknames (as there was a quiz to test members how well they know each other by asking each of their first name, indicating that this is not common knowledge amongst them).

Since the focus of Wiki48 is to be a source of information & ease of use for seeking that information, using their real names (which many people aren't familiar with) is an obstruction to that end. As such, I'd like to edit the names for the members by adding their nicknames on top of their real names. For example, 'Music', her real name is 'Praewa Suthamphong' will become 'Music Praewa Suthamphong' (or if possible, 'Music Praewa' as this is how Thai celebrities are often referred to in Thai media 'Nickname Firstname', rather than 'Firstname Lastname'. At least this way, it is easier for users to search and find information about the members.

I understand that many AKB members have nicknames, but are listed using their full real names rather than their nicknames.
    However, the thing is Thai culture is different wherein the 'nicknames' aren't really 'nicknames' or 'stage names' per se.
    These nicknames aren't created so that it's easier or more appealing to fans. These nicknames were given at birth, and stays with them throughout their whole lives. Almost 99% of Thai people have nicknames, which are given at birth.
    These nicknames are more important than real names, because it's the name that's used 95% of the time in their daily lives, by acquaintances, friends, family, employers, etc. The only time a real name is every used is in official documents such as opening a bank account, government documents, etc.

https://theculturetrip.com/asia/thailand/articles/why-do-thai-people-have-nicknames/
    http://www.thailandbreeze.com/thai-nicknames.html

In any case, I'd like to make the edits for the following reason:
    1. The use of nicknames is more accurate as this is the name the members use most in their daily lives.
    2. The inclusion of nickname is the best naming system for BNK48 members on Wiki48 as it allows users to seek information about the members more easily and efficiently.
    3. The system of nickname is important to Thai culture. It's not similar to nicknames in foreign country where it's just used for fun. These nicknames are more like 'second names', or even 'first names', since they're often chosen even before the full names, are the primary names used by Thai people throughout their lives, and are the names BNK48 members have chosen to represent themselves. Note at the elections (both in AKB48's SSK & BNK48's own SSK), the members have chosen to go by their nicknames when holding their placards (e.g. Music, not Praewa Suthamphong). Even when announcing their names, the nickname will always take precedence over their full name.

Let me know if this is possible! Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Arigatou means Thank You

Arigatou means Thank You Kenkyuusei

I think, I prefer to keep their real name rather than use her nickname as the title. I still can find Music BNK48 or Noey BNK48 and their Wiki48 pages are appeared in the 1st page.

Alternatively:
    1) Create redirect (Not Move) pages with those name. For this, I don't know if this can be detected by Google Search Engine or no, but it'll be useful if you wanna refer members in a page by using her nickname.
    2) Move those pages to this: Real Name (Nickname).
    But, IDK if another Wiki48 user will be disturbed with this. :/
    3) Keep them, Google search still can detect their nickname. :D

How do you think ?
    Sorry if I'm false ;)