1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The SKE48 Thread

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by RocketStarLauncher, Oct 7, 2008.

1. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Did he? I'm rereading those 4 part and only read Fujisawa/Keyholder proposed plan to Akimoto but not after his advice.

I don't want to disrupt your fixation about Akimoto being important keyman, so I'll let you figure his "great feat" on your own.

Nah nah nah,....... The cost of renting important dome venues for tour in Japan always put a dent on the bank. Even you only cut the losses with 100% seat filled, on-site merchandise AND concert DVD/Blu-ray selling. Dome tours in Japan for any artist, not just idol, were never meant for the sake of financial profit. Period.

Oh well, derailed talk. Back to SKE stuff.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Here, take another example from 2017, Possibly when J-Trust already acquisition-ed Gifu FC.

This new owner really downplayed how much he know SKE beforehand, eh?

2. ermenker

ermenker Kenkyuusei

Most likely he got Macchi her part-time job

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Yes, they get some training but not KPop style of training. Yes, I aware that Johnny's idol have some sort of training. I used to follow Johnny's idol where the members reminiscent their trainee days as the backup dancer for their senior in Shounen Club Premium (about Heikeha, about Taichi and Sakamoto being in SMAP and other stuff).

But Johnny's idol is different than AKB48. AKB48 has audition-graduation system, Johnny's idol has not.

Some had argue that the origin of trainee system in Korea is when SM Entertainment trying to emulate Johnny's Entertainment trainee system. Besides, some also had argued that Super Junior is based on Morning Musume. Interesting fact : One Johnny's idol group used to duet with SM artist. They even released both Japanese and Korean version. Question : Who are they?

I never heard of that. The closest thing I know is that Togosaki, soon to be former theater manager of AKB48 used to manage a show club but even that, when Aki-P called him to established idol theater he stressed that the theater that he want to establish is different than that show club.

What I heard, if we talk about the establishment of AKB48, we will talk about "idol you can meet" concept because before this, Japanese idol can only be seen on TV and they have that secretive and unapproachable image. (We must aware that AKB48 is being established 13 years ago. During that time, social media is not as established as today which there are many channel for idol to approach the fan).

Moreover, based on the social landscape of when AKB48 being established and their target market, I honestly doubt that acrobatic troupe is the direction of AKB48.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  5. welp

welp Next Girls

Seems like there is a graduation train in SKE? The brilliant plan Mr. Fujisawa laid out was mostly bluff?

And, Do 48 groups have that "average" skill? [hehe]
    Btw, fans of various idol groups without LoD service can too watch their idols grow, not from zero but from 3-4 to 10.

Yes, it is what K-pop is yet, also what J-pop, C-pop, T-pop and whatever-pop are.
    Yang Chaoyue is making doughs as a member of Rocket Girls despite being the epitome of "untalented". But, what will she do after the group disband? Can she survive in the ent industry with simply pretty face and naive character?
    Cherprang can't sing even if her life hinge on it and struggle hard to move on beat but, at very least, she has some talent for acting. She can quit BNK right now to be full-time actress.
    How about Jurina? Her post SKE's career will surely be easier if she is trained to sing properly, if no one has to close his ears hearing her sing.
    Do you even understand what is concert "tour"? Do you know concert DVD or even legal free stage performance streaming exist? The debate is closed.

• Dislike Dislike x 10
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Actually, nothing exceptional.

Yes they do. It's entertaining, what else ?
    And performing in a place such as the Tokyo dôme is more about being able to (nearly) sell out the venue, than having knife dancing moves and outstanding vocals.
    By that logic, only opera performances would be allowed in those places right ?

It depends on what the girl wants to do after. check any of the "graduated members" sections for answers.
    You know that their post idol career isn't necessary as pop artists right ?
    You should visit Yakiniku IWA in Shinjuku. It's a good barbeque restaurant..

7. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Of course they have. :whistle: If they can perform full concert and don't die half way, they're more than "average" skill.
    Don't you really think your Kpop idols can perform 12-20 songs non-stop? :hehe: What they can is trying to perform 1-4 songs perfectly. :whistle:

Does Jurina want to be a singer? How can singing training make her career easier if she doesn't need to use it? lol
    She can quit showbiz and become anyone she wants to be. It's funny that someone think surviving in showbiz is the only way to have a happy life. Meh.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I have no idea who this Yang person is but anyone who has a pretty face and popularity or at least, marketable enough to the general public can be a celebrity. Skills in dancing/singing/acting are not really that important as long as people want to see her on TV. The entertainment industry will always have a place for anyone who can bring in the money, regardless of talent.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

You said it yourself 2 years is fastest, did ya forget?
    And here I was being realistic with the 4.

And the graduation train is quite a common sight in J-Idol scene and not just SKE. Sad but common. A silent reminder to value your "average" girl as best as you could before they gone in a blink of eye.

10. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
  11. ermenker

ermenker Kenkyuusei

Sounds like Dasu

12. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

It is quite late for me to reply but I think I need to address this graduation issues in bigger context before this issue is being brought over and over again.

First, it is quite a common theme in SKE48 that their young push members graduated early.

Second, SKE48 used to lose more. Around the year BTS debuted, 9 SKE48 members (During those time, that was the highest number of KPop girl group members) graduated around the same time. They become the B-side unit for SKE48 single.

http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Tabidachi_Sotsugyou-gumi

if the video does not show watch the video here

Third, 2 members that announced graduation, Takagi Yumana and Uchiyama Mikoto had become members of SKE48 for 9-10 years already. That pretty much longer than typical KPop idol contract. How long that they are supposed to stay at SKE48? You are not supposed to be an idol forever. Sooner or later you must graduate (Johnny’s idol is different story).

Fourth, the other members that graduated, Okada Miku had been diagnosed ocular rosacea which can lead to blindness. It reminded me a bit with Saeki Mika which graduated during the time she get leg injury.

Therefore, there are nothing abnormal with this graduation train.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Was SKE48 worth the price paid?

Is that SKE 48 worth the acquisition price "3 billion yen"

"
    The acquisition price for the SKE 48 business is 3 billion yen-.

The SKE 48 celebrated its 10th anniversary on October 5, 2018. However, it was only November 13 that the quake hit the woman idol group based in Nagoya Sakae.

The reason is that SKE48 has been announced to be transferred to KeyHolder (listed on JASDAQ) by members and staff, AKB48 and AKS, which is a management company of sister groups (SKE48, HKT48, NGT48) . Transfer price is 3 billion yen! I paid this in cash.

The holding company KeyHolder is owned by SKE, advertising agency Alface, and has two major TV program production companies. KeyProduction, which produces popular programs "Matsuko's World" (TBS) and "Hayashi Osamu 's present! Course" (TV Asahi), and Furin Large, which produces "Ariyoshi Japon" (TBS) ."

The article includes an interview with Yoshihiro Akatsuka:

"
    ―― SKE is headquartered in Toranomon, Tokyo, but is it the same as Nagoya? I often hear the voices of fans who are worried that they will leave Nagoya.

The SKE 48 theater is the same as Nagoya Sakae's Sunshine Sakae. From March, the most important thing we are aware of when operating the company is to firmly establish ties with local companies and media. In the first year, we want to solidify that and eventually expand it to Japan and Asia. I think the strength of the 48 Group is regional."

https://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/274561

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  14. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

On the same article,

Was SKE48 worth the price paid? Part 1/3

The acquisition price for the SKE 48 business is 3 billion yen-.

The SKE48 celebrated its 10th anniversary on October 5, 2018. However, it was on November 13 that the quake hit the women idol group based in Nagoya Sakae.

The reason is that SKE48 has been announced to be transferred to KeyHolder (listed on JASDAQ) by staff of AKB48 and its sister group (SKE48, HKT48, NGT48) operating company AKS. Transfer price is 3 billion yen paid in cash.

The SKE48 business disclosed at the same time is the result of the fiscal year ending November 2017, with sales of 2.15 billion yen, operating income of 360 million yen, and released publicly. Among the parties in the industry, it is regarded as "high value asset".

Sales of 2.15 billion yen, operating profit of 360 million yen

In January 2019, holding company KeyHolder, which bought SKE48, newly established SKE Co., Ltd. (SKE) as an entertainment production subsidiary that serves as a business receiver. In other words, for the time being, it is a company that deals only with SKE48.

The fact is that KeyHolder is becoming an integrated entertainment company with a large number of acquisitions, which makes the group more complex. It is likely that KeyHolder would (re)organize the organization of the Group in the fiscal year ending March 2020.

The holding company KeyHolder is the parent company of SKE, advertising agency Allfuz, and has two major TV program production companies. KeyProduction, which produces popular programs "Matsuko's Sekai" (TBS) and "Hayashi Osamu's Imadesyo! Kouza" (TV Asahi), and Foolen Large, which produces "Ariyoshi Japon" (TBS).

In addition, KeyStudio, which is operating the former Studio Alta, makes use of the popularity from the time of "Waratte Iitomo!" (Fuji TV), and includes regular live performances of "Last Idol" created from an audition program produced by Yasushi Akimoto (TV Asahi). In short, it hold an event every day. Furthermore, FA Project, which is sponsored by Akimoto and his brother Shinsuke, is planning to introduce a color contact lens this year, which features Nishino Nanase, who has just graduated from Nogizaka 46, as the brand ambassador.

→ Next page, Nogizaka's key person is the president of SKE?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  15. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Was SKE48 worth the price paid? Part 2/3

Under the KeyHolder group, how will new SKE company use SKE48 as a "business"?

Yoshihiro Akatsuka, president of the company, is actually a mastermind who knows people in the industry. He experienced management of a composer and a sports player, and although it was short, He has been at Avex for a while. Launched Allfuz as an entertainment-oriented advertising agency (SKE Co., ltd. and Allfuz also concurrently led by President Akatsuka).

At the Allfuz, joint planned with Dentsu in 2015 is "Seven-Eleven x Nogizaka46 Fair". He also worked on the production and distribution of Nogizaka46's official game app "Nogikoi" that has surpassed a total of 6 million downloads. By the way, it seems that both fans are surprised that the key person of Nogizaka46 will be the president of SKE.

The KeyHolder Group, which aims for comprehensive entertainment, is also making the possibility of further acquisitions as necessary, and the trend is attracting attention. In that sense, we will ask President Akatsuka of SKE, who will hold a big key from now on.

"Bridged KeyHolder with Yasushi Akimoto"

―― Recently, in a documentary film at which SKE48's ace, Matsui Jurina, described her group, "We no longer fighting AKB, it's Nogizaka," a revelation that expressed a rivalry to Nogizaka46 which became a topic.

No, I have only been involved in part of Nogizaka's growth process as a job. But that(Allfuz) is indeed my property. First, KeyHolder borrowed the old studio Alta and created a company called KeyStudio. In the process of starting sales from July 2018, Allfuz began to receive commissioned operations for studio operation.

Mr. Nobuyoshi Fujisawa, president of KeyHolder's parent company, J Trust (listed on the 2nd section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange/TSE), talked, "Is it interesting if new content can be born from KeyStudio...". As Allfuz was indebted to Mr. Akimoto and his brother Shinsuke through Nogizaka46-related work, when I consulted to create content, the relationship between KeyHolder Group and Mr. Akimoto was born.

―― In other words, it was President Akatsuka who served as a bridge between Mr. Fujisawa and Mr. Akimoto, acting as “general” of KeyHolder Group and its parent company J Trust.

Is it about a year ago? At that time there was no talk of SKE48 at all. After that, opportunities to talk with the operating company AKS increased, and President Fujisawa happened to be from Gifu (the home-ground of SKE48), where the relationship with members is close, and the loyalty of fans is high. It became an important point, and the talk of transfer was finalized.

―― The height of the royalties of SKE48 fans is also being watched by companies, with a campaign for "Kokoichi Curry", which originated in Nagoya. Recently, in November last year, Aeon Card launched the first idol card called SKE48, with the aim of developing male customers. Are there any relationships within these local patterns?

The final big thing was that I personally felt that the members of SKE48 has individuality and that there were many brightest children in the AKB48 group. It can be said that it has an interesting way of shining (laughs).

――KeyHolder sold its main game center management business in the fiscal year ending March 2018, threw in the real estate business in the fiscal year ending March 2019, and is in the process of becoming a general entertainment company in the fiscal year ending March 2020. President Akatsuka met President Fujisawa of J Trust and Natsuko Yoshinari of AKS (From the pachinko maker Kyoraku Sangyo Group.) And took on SKE48 as the core of integrative entertainment in the KeyHolder Group. I think that it was a big decision to let go of the "daughter" that was raised from the start 10 years ago with sweat as the Kyoraku Group.

→ Next page, How it is related to Yasushi Akimoto(from now on)

16. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Was SKE48 worth the price paid? Part 3/3

Yes. I started talking from around August of 2018 and announced it in November, but I think it was a tough choice. We hope that we will pass on that feeling well.

―― But, with regard to SKE's and Allfuz's presidential work concurrently, it is very difficult to steer SKE48 while also working for Nogizaka46 and Korea Women's Idol Group's TWICE(Personal note: Allfuz managed their mobile game app as well, aside from Nogikoi).

The SKE48 is as large as it is. As both SKE and Allfuz continue, there was a sense of humility when asked first by J Trust's president Fujisawa. However, the fact that my affiliation record company was my old Avex was the deciding factor. It is a company that's still indebted, and I think that we can do various partnerships besides CD sales. We have a passion for SKE48 members at Avex, and there are many people who have a good understanding of their individuality, so I believe that it will be a power.

―― Certainly, there are many members of SKE48, such as Suda Akari and Matsumura Kaori, who have risen up with their individuality and power to appeal. It can be said that the fans who felt the charm of their life supported and boosted them.

Such individuality is not something that sprouts when we say it's right there. I think it is something that was originally born and brought in. Even if you make a product bearing the artist's name, if you do not have credibility there, all current fans will see through. "The feeling of being done" is overlooked. In that sense, the members of SKE48 have individuality and many interesting children, so I think that they offer various challenge(to be developed).

The theater remains unchanged in Nagoya, Sakae

[​IMG]

SKE's new logo. 3 letters of SKE, orange of group color, expresses the ferris wheel of the building where the theater is.

―― Although SKE ltd. is headquartered in Toranomon, Tokyo, isn't it the same as Nagoya? I often hear the voices of fans who are worried that they will leave Nagoya.

The SKE48 theater is the same as Nagoya Sakae's Sunshine Sakae. From March, the most important thing we are aware of when operating the company is to firmly establish ties with local companies and media. In the first year, we want to solidify that and eventually expand it to Japan and Asia. I think the strength of the 48-group is regional.

――The entertainment management companies listed are only Avex and Amuse, while Horipro and Yoshimoto Kogyo has been delisted. The numbers will be glazed as SKE48 become a major business, but are you worried?

Listing is the biggest weapon, but at the same time you must pay close attention. I would like to do that in cooperation with the management department of the KeyHolder Group. However, in today's increasingly computerized society, it is also a weapon because it makes it easier to communicate what we are properly managing. I want to be as free as possible, assuming that I do not touch the law. First of all, it is necessary to unify staff awareness about compliance.

―― How does Yasushi Akimoto, special adviser, get involved in KeyHolder's integrated entertainment strategy?

How we get involved will be in the form of raising suggestions, plans and giving advice as we consult with our members. Speaking from the KeyHolder group, we will expand not only SKE48 but also other entertainment fields, so we will consult with them.

―― Nogizaka 46 is managed by the same office even after members graduated. Do you assume such a thing? Or do you manage other idol units and other types of talent?

There may be management of graduated members, and we may create another idol group that can stimulate SKE48 members in a good way. It is important to sell, but I think it is more important to have a long-lived artist activity.

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Thanks for the translation, @EinhanderX

I had no idea they got a new logo, but where are they using it? Cause in their website they still got the old one?

Curious about this expansion thing they talk about tho.

18. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    It's the logo of the SKE-Company, not of the Group. That's why it's not on the website

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I am... even more confused?

20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    There is a new company,SKE Co., Ltd., a division of KeyHolder. The company (SKE Co., Ltd.) owns SKE48. SKE Co., Ltd. has its own logo. In other words, KeyHolder bought SKE48, then established a subsidiary to hold SKE48. SKE Co., Ltd. could end up owning other things than just SKE48.

"In January 2019, holding company KeyHolder, which bought SKE48, newly established SKE Co., Ltd. (SKE) as an entertainment production subsidiary that serves as a business receiver."

• Like Like x 3