1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Nijipon-chan and Akanen-chan on Yuugata Parasise. They talked about the 3rd year anniversary and shared their feelings.

Also, they talked about Synchronicity performance and what represent for them.

Personal note: I just read your posts in silence and for who wasn't in front of the girls during the anniversary, you will never be able to understand the environment and the sensations that were experienced. Is hard for me until now, to try to understand why a lot of international fans made comparisons. But let me told you, all of us who were there on the anniversary, never felt they were trying to "copy" or disrespect Nogizaka46 and we appreciated a great manifestation.

We feel it as a kind of tribute or gratitude towards Nogizaka46. They shared to us and gave us a kind of present. It was their unique way of expression. For me I didn't read bad criticism on my groups. But is not a surprise, the unsecure antis appears to try to have a fight.

I remembered when SKE48 did Fukyouwaon, that was an "anti feast". Sadly, a lot of Keyakizaka46 fans are practically new following idol groups and fell on the provocation. International and local antis were funny saying that Obata Yuna-chan did the best performance and even did a rank with Techi-chan on third place. That people have no respect, they don't think about the girls feelings, they just want to hurt. That is why I think we don't need to lose our time with toxic people, as fans and in every moment in our lives.

Thank you for the space and please enjoy Yuugata Paradise.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Winner Winner x 16
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Totally agree with you. I think I wasted my time in the Nogi thread about Synchronicity debate and fell into the trap. Once you mention Keyaki is different or a strange group some fans of other groups don't like it and can't accept it. I should ignore from now on as this debate about Synchronicity choreo is just like every other debates which don't end well. I said my part why Keyaki didn't do Nogi's original choreo for Synchronicity. I like all three groups, so no hate.

Had no idea SKE did also perform Fukyouwaon. I have only seen HKT perform it and I didn't hate it but it wasn't my thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    HKT performace lacked the energy SKE put in it...

https://twitter.com/kaotan_0117/status/1093534049417625600

It's not keyaki (and I'm not sure if it's SKE or just Team KII) but I quite still love it.
    @Xiphyas Thank you for sharing your experience. Your posts are always interesting and I couldn't agree more with your words.

• Winner Winner x 3
  4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Many thanks to @Xiphyas. My stomach has been churning ever since I read the earlier negative posts in this thread. Not knowing Synchronicity well, I watched a Nogi live version to compare, so I could see what they were talking about. My personal feeling was that I found the Nogi version excellent, professional, perfect in its way. And I found the Keyaki version rougher but more moving, emotionally stronger. But now I don't have to join the argument. I think @Xiphyas has said what needed to be said. And @Rev4 made good points, too.

• Like Like x 3
  5. hibana

hibana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tamura Hono
    imagine watching a performance of a group you dislike and coming all the way to their thread to complain about it, that's some dedication
    it's a cover and it will never be that deep

• Like Like x 13
    • Old Old x 1
  6. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Honestly I'm really hoping that this topic is put to rest now. Nogi fans are allowed to dislike it but this is a bit exhausting at this point.

To change topic, I was looking at toomuchidea's translation of Yuuka's radio earlier, and based on this tweet: https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1115271460585594881 (she's talking about 2nd gen), it seems like 2nd gen might be getting their own song in the next release? Unless Yuuka didn't express herself well, or I'm interpreting it wrong. If I'm right though, then maybe management isn't thinking of putting 2nd gen in senbatsu yet and will treat them like Nogi's under members for the next release.

7. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

They definitely get their own song in 9th and I also hope that 1st Gen also get their own song that only 1st gen can perform it. About the senbatsu thing, reading all the Nikkei interview make me feel like that they really want to countinue the strong bond of Keyaki which appeared since debut and the "clearest, easiest" way to do it is completely ereasing under system. 26 members standing on stage is not really difficult so It may work.

Or well, at least 1st gen is automatically in senbatsu and other slot is "completed" by some 2st gen. I'm not into 2gen yet so I mostly think about 1st gen. They all are good girls, and in case 2gen make it into senbatsu and they are not, I dont think anyone will dislike chosen 2gen, but they must be start to feel insecure, doubtful about themselves, think (again) that they cant contribute to the group. I really dont want to see they like that. (And as a Techi oshi, I also can tell that my oshi will be the one who hate this senbatsu - under system most)

• Like Like x 2
  8. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Now that's Obata Yuna I know of.

Remember that Msta cameraman bumping accident during Kuroi Hitsuji? Imagine extra members on that stage.

This probably missed from our sight. But the more senbatsu members they has, the more trouble they will face to perform on smaller stage. Unless you folks don't mind another "Yonesan hitting the prop" incident again, because that's how my impression here are.

Unpopular opinion, Keya 1st gen has been blessed as they can participate as senbatsu members right on their very first debut single. Would be great if management viewed that and replace lots of them to accommodate every 2nd gen for the same blessing too.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  9. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

But how many perfs which have the same special stage like Mste? I don't think it will be many and this times is also the 1st time they use this kind of recording so well, mistake is normal.

Back time when I still followed 48G, I excitingly looked forward to new senbatsu because new faces, new drama. This is how 48G (Nogi) always works and as a result, I don't really cherish the bond between members in each teams (except Original Team K / Gen 2). Girls can be teammates but they can also "rival" with each other. (This is HOW I SEE, personal opinion so I hope 48G and Nogi fans don't go around and saying that Keyaki fans put down their group. This is only opinion from one fan). And then I know Keyaki. I like their peace atmosphere. I always see Keyaki 1st gen as soft, sensitive, uncompetitive, humble girls who cherish each members in their group so I don't want to see any drama. (I also see Kanji and Hiragana as a 2 different groups, not one team). The senbatsu - under system definitely hurt the girls, especially 1st gen and I don't want this cruel but well ordinary system hurt them and might be destroy this peace atmosphere. Graduations can create enough drama.

I know there is pro of senbatsu-under system, that it helps the group develope, more competion = more interest = more money = more fame or stm. But this is not what I want to see from Keyakizaka46. I've seen it enough from other groups.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Gomenne Christmas was composed by Takafumi Fujino who did Techi/Neru unit song, Hohoemi ga Kanashii, which we haven't seen performed since Keyaki Republic 2017.

Is it possible Techi and Neru will perform Hohoemi at Budokan? They have so many songs they left out in Osaka. I'm already on 30 songs (I exclude Gana songs and include Keya-gumi songs) from their library and I'm not done counting.

11. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    a little something for TechNeru fans

@kojirabu0419: Tho there’re so many epi of TechiNeru, after 2017 Kohaku, it seemed few TechiNeru epi. But actually there’re so many. This is summary of Neru blog, interviews, reports of hs & events.
    Pls check their Bond, as Neru said “our relationship isn’t just close friend”
    TechiNeru 4ever! https://twitter.com/kojirabu0419/status/1114888975825551360/photo/1

12. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I have watched it now. She said they worked hard on this performance even though like you said it's not Keyaki but way better than HKT''s performance. SKE had to work for this performance is another proof this is probably the hardest choreo to learn. Keyaki hasn't even performed it after May 2018. Some people thought Sony wants to forget about it but I think it has more to do with level performance of this song is so high.

Latest Fukyouwaon performance pales in comparison to Keyaki Republic 2017. It's not the same without Techi and if they ever find someone who can get close to Techi's performance this song stays in the coffin until Techi has fully recovered.

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Well seeing that we saw Techi in a wheelchair after the 3rd year anniversary concerts I don't know if we'll see her perform Fukyouwaon anytime soon. I'm sure the setlist for Budokan will be different though, with Garasu and Kuroi Hitsuji included. Although, is it just me or does Ambivalent seem harder than Fukyouwaon? Idk to me the Ambivalent choreo looks harder, especially for the center, and I haven't seen reports of Techi having difficulties performing Ambivalent in the recent concerts.

14. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    There's a lot of problems with this argument, the MStation thing had nothing to do with how many members were on stage. The cameraman was using a gimbal to stabilize the camera and it stopped working at the end of the performance, he didn't bump into any of the members. I don't think it's that often that we see cameramen moving between members like in that performance anyway. If you want to complain about the size of the stage then you'd be better off criticizing the moving fences which took up space around the edge.

Or they could expand the senbatsu to include all 25 active members (not including Aoi and Neru) which would accommodate every 2nd gen member without leaving out a handful of 1st gens. 4 extra members in senbatsu really isn't that much of a stretch.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Rev4

Rev4 Member

With all talk from Yuuka's blog about become a bigger group in the fourth year. Their goal is to go beyond Budokan/Yokohama Arena. There are so many things they lack and needs to overcome them, she said.

2nd gen worrying about disturbing the group but Techi told them "it doesn't matter if you are a 1st gen or 2nd gen, we are all Keyakizaka". Yuuka wants to move on with a 26 members group. They seem to count with Aoi coming back soon but I think they will release a second album first in the summer. They want Aoi to be in the group when they united as the new Keyakizaka46 with a new single.

That was the purpose with Futari Saison. Bring harmony in the group when Neru counted as 21st member in their senbatsu since Sekai. A good union song is what they probably want next and bring back Soulife to A-side (since end of 2016) is the right time now.

They started with 21 members in Sekai (despite Neru was a Gana member at the time) what would hinder them to have five more members? Their goal is to become a bigger group (not in term of amount of members) to perform on a bigger stage in front of a big audience.

I also think Bugbear will return in the future for A-side. They have done two A-sides, one unit and one B-side (Dakishimete Yaru with Gana) so far. They are that duo who compose semi-patriotic music when it's a senbatsu song.

Edit: I forgot about debut countdown live. Neru wasn't in Saimajo MV but she started to join Kanji's senbatsu since Sekai MV.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Some excerpt from Takahiro's book, the part where he talks about Keyakizaka.

Translated with @ariadne32391

source

In general, it is important for idol to "show a cute face". Therefore, it is natural for them to fix their hair when it covers their face during live and to argue that they don't like the outfit because it doesnt suit them. But in Keyakizaka46, what's important changes depending on the lyrics. It is a group where everyone committed to become "a part of the story"

I think that Akimoto-sensei's lyrics is expressing "A place inside your heart you don't want anyone to see" or "Words hidden inside that cannot be said". The "other side" of thoughts and feelings, he expresses it into words. The words that usually can't be said, Keyakizaka46 can express it in accordance to those lyrics. In other words, they share those words and break down the "emotional wall" in people.

Even in the moment where they fall, they look for the meaning behind the lyrics and after discussion, they put it into that form. So that "falling" doesn't turn into "sleeping". Of course, there are times where the Center -- Hirate-san -- is placed at the very back (of the formation) depending on the song. Instead of Hirate-san (expressing it) in the front, it is expressed by the others and so the meaning appears and with that there will be no objection. It's not that Hirate-san is positioned there so that she will stand out, but she is positioned there so she can convey the song. So depending on the song, the Center might disappear from the stage

For example, professionals can do the same thing over and over again in the same way, but for these girls (Keyakizaka46) it's "because of this moment, we can do this". With that, there is always a rush during MV shoot location or during concert rehearsal. Looking at them on the day of the performance, the thing they create changes with every moment. The production and choreography also change in real time, even the lyrics may change.

As an expressionist and as a professional, these girls are living in a delicate balance and expressses it in "the present time". Bringing life to the music through expression, that miracle-like time is the current Keyakizaka46.

They are constantly changing, so i don't know how they are these days. But to sum up their 3 years since debut, I think that they have the attitude of "Adults don't understand" or "Why do adults think like this?". Now that they have experienced many different things, they have gradually come to understand the world. So far they have been running to try to get hold of the clouds, but 3 years now have passed since their debut, and they have come to realize "I can do this, I am bad at this".

The members themselves are stepping into the adult's world. They are becoming the adults they didn't want to become. It's unavoidable. On the other hand, I want to see their potential as an adult, those which they couldn't do when they were a child.. There are those who think "Even if i become an adult, i will stay as a child inside", there are also those who have made the decision "So adults are like this". I wonder what kind of adults they will become?

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Thanks for the translations!

18. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Setlist for my suggestion:

OtonaShinji, Katarunara, Mou mori, Glass, Kuroi Hitsuji, Eccentric, Hiraishin, AM1:27, Taiyou wa, PARCO, Yoake, Bathroom Travel, Wareta Smartphone (Seki in that unit, yes please), Noriokureta bus, Kimi ga Inai, Aozora ga Chigau to Budokan and you get a solid setlist. Remove Synchronicity. Last day will add more Neru songs.

If Risa wants to center Getsuyoubi add that to the list.

36 songs and Day 3 will add more due to Neru's solo songs and unit song with Techi.

It's time Keyaki starts to think about fan service like their big sister does if Yuuka wants the group to grow in the fourth year. Techi can perform some less intense senbatsu songs but the whole group needs to work together this time with 2nd gen. Techi probably can't make it to over 30 songs but the less senbatsu songs she performs the less her hips get pushed. It's more important she gets fully recovered so she can perform normally in the future.

Takahiro-sensei has to be strategic for Budokan if the group is going to make it over 30 songs for the first time in 3 days. I think they can do it as not many senbatsu songs are soaking energy like Mou mori.

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

An audience member has kindly noted down which 2gens participated in which songs (as they saw them):

Silent Majority – Tamura Hono, Matsuda Rina, Morita Hikaru
    Sekai ni wa Ai shika Nai – Seki Yumiko, Takemoto Yui, Fujiiyoshi Karin, Matsudaira Riko
    Futari Saison – Inoue Rina, Matsuda Rina, Morita Hikaru, Yamasaki Ten
    Te wo Tsunaide Kaerou ka – Inoue Rina, Fujiiyoshi Karin, Yamasaki Ten
    Seifuku to Taiyou – Inoue Rina, Fujiyoshi Karin, Matsudaira Riko, Yamasaki Ten
    Dare no Koto wo Ichiban Aishiteru? – Tamura Hono, Yamasaki Ten
    Tokyo Tower ha Doko kara Mieru? – Inoue Rina, Takemoto Yui, Tamura Hono, Fujiyoshi Karin
    Wait 100 Years – all (and apparently Techi was a backdancer and Neru centre)
    Ambivalent – Takemoto Yui
    Kaze ni Fukaretemo – Takemoto Yui, Tamura Hono, Matsuda Rina, Morita Hikaru
    Synchronicity – all
    Abunakashii Keikaku -- all

I personally adore the quote from Techi that it doesn't matter which generation you're in, everyone is Keyaki. However, I do wonder how the less popular 1gens might feel about it.

20. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Based on that list Hono is the member we will see participate in cool songs. Seki hasn't performed other songs than Sekai. The idol song member of the group? I have a feeling she will participate in A-side when they are getting a idol song like Sekai was. Otherwise she will be in B-side and unit for a long time. B-side is still senbatsu so she won't be left out and Gana used to get space for two tracks on a single.

Matsudaira is also behind the other 2gen members. As of now, Hono, Takeyui, Matsuri and Hiichan are in a good place.