1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

What's your opinion on the other 2nd genners?

2. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    During the Hi-touch in the concert it felt like she was the only one who wasn't happy and smiling that much. I get that the reaction might have been harsh on them but they're asking for votes during the hi-touch, that was the time to appeal to the fans and it looked like she wasn't too happy about being there.

3. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    MNL48 news update:
    MNL48 theater as of April 2019
    FB_IMG_1555153107584.jpg FB_IMG_1555153112245.jpg

4. nuclearsoda

nuclearsoda Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    to the people that went to the con what was the message from mion?

5. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Lots of them have potentials. There may be some that I doubt but I don’t have a strong opinion against them. I learned not to be too critical because I remember when I used to have a strong dislike to Sheki and Cess and they end up being likeable.

If there’s one 2nd gen candidate that stood out for me, it’s Jamie. But I am too dedicated to the 1st gen so Tbh the 2nd gens don’t yet matter to me that much.

I guess Sandra just really irks me. Plus her smug look on her poster does not help at all.

6. Squidgirl

Squidgirl Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Be aware, SOME of those 2nd gen members has attitudes and backers:whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Not much... if I remember correctly, it's just the usual congratulatory message for the first year anniv and the first concert. It's still nice though to see since she's the Soukantoku, she gave a message to everyone here in Manila, and she "opened" the concert with her opening remarks.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Gosh MNL48 tags are being bombarded with aggressive rant against HHE and KuroP now that GE is getting close. I think the management should place tough security in MNL48 GE event. I may be overreacting but we dont know what trouble may happen out of fans’ emotion.

There is still a naive part of me wishing that the management is just trolling us. But if someone really gets eliminated I wish them goodluck. I guess it’s an advantage for me that I’m more of an MNL48 fan as a group and not really very attached to the individual members.

I think I will be more sad if members who get eliminated are the underrated members who were not even given the chance for more media exposure

I will find it heartbreaking if it’s one of the KKS because it will be like they became trainees for nothing (like how cruel is that)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Shit better not be turning us into a god damn K-pop Saesangs or I will get pissed the fuck off.

Last thing we all need is Toxic Fans of the very passionate variety.

I mean have you seen what they can do?

10. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Are the KKS dorming with the members too?

11. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Well, the worst I can think of is a protest from the audience. It’s just I noticed that some fans rants are getting more intense against the management and KuroP and lots of swearing.

I’m thinking maybe fans are just expressing their hates online but not really planning to do anything drastic IRL. But I also see fans who seems to be truly affected with the situation to the extent of triggering depression.

Having said that, it’s better that the management just practice extra caution for the upcoming GE.

• Like Like x 1
  12. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

Naaah on HSE day 2 of PFC, HHE placed some police there but there was no actual point in it as the fans were much too focused on cheering the girls and lining up than hating on HHE.

Idk about the GE tho as maybe some members will get eliminated or announce volunteered graduation... so maybe a lot of emotions will arise on the day.

I am gearing towards not going as I don't want to be heartbroken in real time and in the actual venue. That will probably hurt.

13. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I have no doubt that they'll get police this time too since things can get ugly by the time Kuro-P gets on stage lol.

I want to go because it might be the last time I'll see some of my oshis but at the same time, I don't think I can go through the nerves and the heartbreak during the event especially since they film and take photos of everything in events.

14. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Fingers crossed for 46 boys.

Fingers crossed.

Anyways... Happy Holy Week fellas.

Let's pray for the Real Oshi.

15. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Just an opinion:

If you feel your oshimen has a higher chance of not making it to the top 48 and you can afford to buy the ticket and available to attend the election, then do attend. Your oshimen would need the support of the fans during the most terrible moment of her idol life.

Then again, there is the argument that you rather spend the money for the election ceremony on voting tickets instead since every vote matters.

Haaaay... i don't know.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  16. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    I thought Sandra's GE video was hilarious, the turn and pose she does and the hair flips killed me. :lol: I think the beauty queen persona could work for her if she doesn't take it too seriously. My favorite of the candidates is definitely Yzabel, I love her look. I like that most of the girls used some English in their videos, it makes it a lot easier for us foreign fans.

However I thought it was very strange how they listed the schools of all the candidates... as a fan why would you need to know which school your oshimen attends? To hang around school grounds and try to meet them? Or follow them home? It just seems like they're inviting trouble by doing this. Even ignoring the obvious problem of stalkers, a school being sent fanmail for one of their student or having to deal with fans trespassing on school grounds might ask the girl to choose between enrollment at the school or membership in MNL48. And the girls should be able to go to school without having to worry about a fan or photographer waiting there for them.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    The most optimistic reason for me is to connect to schoolmates/alumnus of the school? For me, Ash went up my oshi list because we attended the same uni even before watching clips of her.

• Like Like x 2
  18. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Doubt that would be enuff to tell ya the truth...

Does anyone got an exact number on last years Votes?

19. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Owww my goodness, now things are getting dirtier in Twitterlandia against some 2nd gen aspirants.

The screenshots circulating is either a desperate attempt to ruin those girls or it was a legit expose’.

This upcoming GE is surely getting intense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    I swear it's in the old News and Discussion thread...somewhere...