1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by ひめか, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I’ll just say it once again that being a prodigy, it means that you are showing outstanding skills even at a young age. It doesn’t mean that a prodigy is the best of all. Even if Ikuchan will become as great as Mozart, Chopin or Beethoven, I wouldn’t even dare say she is better than them. But yes, like you, I would say I understand as well your patriotism to your oshi. Okay, so i’ll give it you. I’ll retract what I said that Ikuchan is a prodigy in the idol world, but I will not with what I said that Ikuchan is an outstanding idol and is leading the new era of idols.

2. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    actually, is that meant to be a joke when u said tecchi can be called as prodigy? her act is not good, her dance is not that outstanding, singing is not her virtue. the only thing she has is aura and her face expression. of course, later on she can nurture and polish her talent.but she is just another idol tbh.

anyway, ikuta is an all rounder outstanding idols and she is making history with her serious involvement in big musicals. to call her a prodigy/super genius is quite over statement. but she is definitely not your average kind of idol. so far both field seems to accept her presence without much fuss.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  3. Asphyxia

Asphyxia Kenkyuusei

As I said on paper she is, plus Aki-P himself said Techi is a genius idol but I don't agree with it because in reality she's not she's just the same girl on her group that happen to be the center on their first single that BOOM successfully, also because she was branded like that, people expect too much on her that every flaws she made are being seen resulting her being mentally and physically unstable, poor kid.

also can you give an example of an "average kind of idol", sorry but I don't really get what you mean by that at least give specific example and tell me what makes her an "average kind of idol".

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    That's an interesting comparison that I never thought of before. It would explain why I'm not a fan of Kosakana as a center since I never cared about Nanase's centering either.

Also, I know this isn't exactly an unpopular opinion, but I think Ikuchan will center again before she graduates (people in the Sing Out thread said the only way she centers again is if she gets a graduation single). She just needs a bit of a break in her schedule.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

At least i know he is Hirate oshi. So i'll pass..

• Winner x 4
    • Dislike x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • Old x 1
  6. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Yeah. I should have known. I would have also stayed quiet.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Old Old x 2
  7. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

A prodigy is a child who creates artistic output at the level of an adult expert.

A child piano prodigy isn't just an outstanding piano player, a prodigy would be composing their own symphonies at a master level.

As far as I know Ikuta has never done anything like that.

No idol is a prodigy.

If they were actually a prodigy then they would have never become an idol to begin with.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I think you’re true afterall about the prodigy stuff. Maybe because these days people have been using that term as commonly as before and calls a lot of talented people at a certain field as a prodigy. They don’t really use that as the correct meaning. So maybe I misunderstood it’s proper use as well.

9. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I don't know if you can be called a prodigy if you have a wealthy family which invest on you since you were so young to take piano lessons, go to prestigious music schools etc. to become who you are now. Of course Ikuchan is amazing, she's my fave in Nogizaka with Maiyan, she's a really hardworking girl and even if we could be "jealous" of her, she had a really strict and hard working childhood to become who she is and achieve the goals.

Of course she's talented, really, and I think she also has the right personality and charisma to do well in the entertainment world..., and of course she worked (and is working) a lot and I admire her for that. But "prodigy" is another thing, and I don't think is the best adjective to descrive her, especially since I'm really not sure if she could've achieved all that if she came from a "normal" family who couldn't have the economic possibilities to invest so much in her.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

seems problem is just semantic and yeah it's hard to argue regard. prodigy is always describe youngster with "out of blue" thing like 5 years old polyglot , 12 years old harvard graduate or something like that, and mozart is the best description if we talk music

ikuta more like multi talents. her attributes is special and way classy, above average for idols that often excel just in certain aspect, by stereotype.
    while she was well supported and nurtured it would be pointless if she didnt has "ear" or cliche like that to begin with, as i believe by impression lot of young daughter from middle to upper class family in japan seems always has this kind of tutor (lot of nogichan seems also from good upbringing as well, whether it was dance, piano etc), not all of them will/can turn it as prospect

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Been thinking about the successors of 1st gen graduates and soon to be graduated. I understand and accept Yoda a Naachan’s successor but then I’m at a loss for who is Ikoma’s successor. I don’t think Maiyan will ever be succeed just like Nanamin although if I had to choose one it would definitely be Asuka. I’ve recently been seeing a lot of JPN fans claim Zukki to be Nanamin’s successor which I’m not gonna lie pissed me off. They’re nothing alike. CanCam modelling and drama appearances aside there’s nothing similar. Maybe it’s good 1st gens don’t have definitive successors because although Yoda is given the official title as Naachan’s umm it still feels off. I feel like Kubo would be a good successor for Ikuta vocals wise. Personality not so much. Not really an unpopular opinion but no way am I posting this in the general thread.

12. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Yes. I think I also have misunderstood the word prodigy since it is not really used these days as much as it’s real context or meaning.
    However, I agree that Ikuchan may have a leverage with those extra lessone because obviously she is from a wealthy family, but yes, even if how much practice or lessons you get if you don’t really have it in you (I mean the want to really learn), it would be of no use. And actually, its true that it is pretty common for wealthy families in east asian countries (even the not so wealthy family do that) so it is not really something of a big deal to begin with because a lot of idols also experienced those extra lessons. Ikuchan just really may have taken it more seriously and now, she is utilizing those skills to standout.

13. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Almost all the people famously called prodigies had parents who supported them one way or another, usually with plenty of money though not always. She can be called a prodigy without needed to be Mozart (whose father was a composer and taught Wolfgang music since he was 3 years old and had already spent much of his infant years watching his father in action). Still, it's probably a little strong and not really necessary to complement her with that exact word.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Asphyxia

Asphyxia Kenkyuusei

I apologize to some Ikuta fans who didn't understand what I really want to convey. (overestimated your comprehension) Didn't know that its really a big deal to you (some fans are pretty scary I never even badmouth any member :^O^:)

I just don't like seeing someone over-rating things to the point of twisting facts. (as simple as that :fp:)

also nope I'm not Techi oshi (I never even praise her on my post here lol) I like Sakamichi series as a whole its really weird for me to like just one member on the group so I don't have that thing so called oshi. (but if you think so, then its up to your imagination)

edit:
    I still want the answer on "average kind of idol"

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Thinking along lines of successors is not the way to go imo. Each member is unique, and they are not carbon copies. What's more important is to look at each generation as a collective and their contribution to the group (in all the ways possible). And even then, comparing is futile. The only thing that matters is that they are able to carry the group forward. We don't need new Naachans or Nanamins. Even though they were an important part of the history of Nogizaka, there is no need to repeat what they have done. Every member shines in her own way, in new ways, in surprising ways.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. towiti

towiti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    akimotomanatsu
    Absolutely agree with this. She is a prodigy if she play the piano that well as such a young age, and it doesn't matter where she comes from. A prodigy is simply someone talented as a young age.

I think we are confusing between "prodigy" and "genius". Ikuchan was a prodigy, but she didn't grow up to be a genius in that respective field. But with such great foundation she continues to achieve success deservingly, which I think is all admirable.

For me Zukki is the only one with the potential to be Manattan's successor. She is the only one with the chara that can make her go around grabbing everyone's attention without making people hate her, like Manattan. But with different method. Zukki is Zukki of course.

My unpopular opinion: Nogizaka will actually change the most with Manattan's graduation. Even though she has never really been the center, her chara really make Nogizaka what it is. Without her (or someone who can pull the same shenanigans), Nogizaka will never be the same.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. silver247

silver247 Kenkyuusei

IMO Nanamin's true heir is Asuka. LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I never liked the idea of "heirs" or "successors".

Zukki and Ashu, etc., are interesting and talented enough to stand on their own. We don't need to place them in a graduated member's shadow.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. aisukurimu99

aisukurimu99 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    All these talk about Ikuchan, I can't help but butt in, lol.

Just putting in my two cents. Calling her a 'prodigy' is an overstatement, I think. What I would agree though, is what the Sony president (or some high-ranking boss, I can't really remember) called her: a genius of hard work. Ikuchan excels not because she's naturally gifted, but because she strives to be perfect in everything she does. Practice, practice, practice - that's what she's all about. A recent segment on her showed just about that. She might not have started as such (iirc she admitted that she used to be half-hearted before), but with Nogi she's become a perfectionist, plain and simple.

• Like Like x 8
    • Old Old x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. outkastband

outkastband Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Addition, kazumin too. i think she is the only one in nogi with natural boke and natural variety skill. i don't know who in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen can take her position.