1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Nogizaka46 23rd [Sing Out!] (2019/05/29)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 31, 2019.

1. blindastaroth

blindastaroth Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kodama Haruka
    Twitter:
    BlindAstaroth
    Here in full HD

I dont like the color of the shoes...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Looks like they have one's similiar to this uniforms on their early days. At least the colour.

3. outkastband

outkastband Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Gaku tabi's opening is 4th gen song?
    never heard that song before.

4. blindastaroth

blindastaroth Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kodama Haruka
    Twitter:
    BlindAstaroth
    You never heard Romance no Start?

And here are where they show for the first time, the new uniforms

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    The new uniform reminds me of the costumes Unders wore for Tokyo Dome. I like Kaz’s version of this uni better.

6. outkastband

outkastband Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    ah right, not opening song but introduction bgm.

7. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Wish the shoes were black instead or silver. But it's a cute uniform.

8. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    that is one hideous pairing of cloth and shoes. nogi never fails to deliver plain hideous uniform..i mean.. the green crimson guard uniform still show youth, young, classy, modern look..or kidzukata uniform is also nice..i think because of the grey colour..there should be some shade of bright colour in between. nevertheless, the girls still shine brightly..lmao

9. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i've been watching the mv a lot and why did it take so long for me to realize how cute sayuringo looks dancing :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. bscale

bscale Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    The song is growing in me though, even at first I didn't like it as much as Synchronicity or Kaerimichi wa..
    It's new vibe from them that proves they are keep improving their music and exploring new way of sending a message.

Also this song reminds me of top graduated members too, Nanamin, Ikomachan, Nanase, it would be fantastic if they were here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Lol I don’t dislike the uniforms, but the shoes look like 60s sci-fi or if Nogi was doing a Perfume cover.

They’ve mostly been buried now, but a big difference between the English and Japanese MV comments in the first day were that the vast majority of top Japanese comments were mentioning how great it was that Kazumin was in the front row. The top Japanese comment now is surprise at all the English comments:

公式よな?乃木坂ってこんな海外コメ多かったっけ?笑
    This is official [video], right? Did Nogizaka always get this many overseas comments? lol
    (3 days ago, 2k upvotes)

12. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    They're gonna think Nogi suddenly became global with this song :lol:, don't think they know about all the issues overseas fans have to watch their videos lol

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    • Old Old x 1
  13. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Watched the Sing Out! MV again for the thirtieth time... most struck by Asuka... the confidence she exuded just floored me. Oh, this version of Nogi lead by the Asuka looks like its gonna be fun.

And BTW my list of members sporting ponytails:
    1. Maiyan
    2. Ikuta
    3. Yoda
    4. Kubo
    5. Ringo
    6. Hoshino
    7. Ayane
    8. Rentan
    9. Tamami
    10. Denchan
    11. Inoue
    12. Maichun
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

14. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
  15. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    Nogizaka46 will reveal their single Sing Out! Type-A coupling track "Noyouna Sonzai" (Shiraishi Mai x Saito Asuka) on radio show POP OF THE WORLD on 11 May 2019.

pop-of-the-world-sing-out.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. KingCrimson

KingCrimson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina, Saito Asuka
    Some Thoughts on "Sing Out!"

• To be completely honest, I'm shocked that I love it as much as I do. When I first heard it, I thought it was nice, just kinda pleasant, low-key and relaxed--even a bit simple and plain. I much prefer higher-tempo and higher-energy songs, and I didn't think "Sing Out!" would stack up to the great singles of 2018. But the more time I spend listening to it and watching the MV, the more I come to love it, and it's quickly climbing my rankings of favourite singles. It seems like the perfect follow up to the crazy year that was 2018. I also definitely think that this was a case of the MV elevating the profile of the song, and forcing me to pay much closer attention to the song itself, which I'm glad for--there's a lot to compliment about it.
    • First, the costumes, setting and cinematography:
      • Elegant, classy; pure Nogizaka. The ladies look wonderful. But really, at this point, they're never anything less.
        • Bit unfortunate for Shinuchi, though. Her outfit is doing her no favours. I love you Maichun, but your dress just looks way too frumpy. Looks like a Victorian-era BBA [hehe]
      • I had guessed from the teasers that they were going with a musical theatre vibe, and it looks like they went full Broadway with it. From the extra dancers to the wooden stage, and wooden platforms, plus the song itself, it's the full experience. It's great; yet another new look from Nogizaka.
        • There's also something incredibly nostalgic about it for the same reasons. Retro look with modern styling. Somehow. It's an interesting feeling.
      • The cinematography is simple and effective. The camera is just there to capture the spectacle from the right angles, though there was that one neat moment when the camera was panning from the rear to the front from a side view. I really liked that for some reason. I also appreciated the longer takes when filming the choreography, giving it a stronger theatre-performance impression. The use of spotlights was cool as well, and the fade in and out between blackness and light, to that same end.
      • I love the poses that they do.
    • Next, the song itself:
      • Like I said earlier, I originally thought that it was a bit of a plain song, but it's definitely not. It's chill and relaxed, but it has some really nice layers baked into it. There is a "simplicity" to it in that it's not grandiose like the previous few singles were. It doesn't have that same bombast (except for maybe the peak of the chorus), but that works just fine for the song that "Sing Out!" is. It's supposed to be a bit more chill and down-to-earth, and it suits Asuka's personality perfectly, much more than I think Jikochuu does.
      • A simple but infectious beat. Really makes you want to dance. I know that I can't help but move when I listen to it. And the "La la la" is catchy as hell.
      • I love the way the instruments weave through the song. The way they pass off to each other mirrors the way the members take turns with their choreography. And then it all comes together beautifully for the chorus. Nothing overly complex individually, but the way they all support each other is stellar. And each instrument throws in their own little fills to add some understated flair. The music has a lot of personality, if that makes sense.
        • Likewise, there's nothing complex about the vocals, either. But moreso than a lot of other Nogizaka songs, "Sing Out!" is a song that's designed to be sung along to. Just simple and very, very solid.
      • That acoustic guitar. What a star. As far as I can tell, nobody in the idol industry uses the acoustic guitar like Sakamichi does, and it's one of the things that sets them apart from so many others.
        • Probably my favourite guitar solo in the who Nogizaka discography. It's sweet, soulful, and has that nostalgic flair.
      • And that church organ. What an inspired decision. In addition to the Broadway style, there's also a real peppy church choir vibe going on, what with the choral vocals, stomping and clapping. It just... all of it together just feels so wholesome.
      • And sure, with lyrics like "Happy, happy, everybody be happy..." it can seem super cheesy. But y'know... the older I get, the more I think that it's a message that people need to hear more often. To be happy, even if just for a moment, while listening to this song. Just smile, be at peace, and let the music wash over you.
    • On the choreography:
      • This seems to be the most contentious part from the comments I've seen so far. I do understand the view that the choreo is too similar to Synchronicity, but I chalk that up more to that being Seishiro-sensei's style of dance, as well as the limits imposed by the lack of overall dance skill by the members. As much as we love them, they aren't "professional dancers," and only borrow certain styles of dance for periods of time, rather than dedicating themselves to the dance. They've gotten better, certainly, but I think that their lack of high-end skills forces Seishiro to simplify the choreo, which ends up making them use similar dance moves. If you've seen some of Seishiro's personal and solo stuff, he's brilliantly dynamic and creative. One of the absolute best in his field, and it's actually kinda crazy that Nogizaka have him as a semi-official choreographer. He has to work with what he's given, and to his credit he has made three very distinct dances for Nogizaka's singles by directing the members in creative ways and relying on the themes of the songs.
        • "Influencer" was fast and intense, with an emphasis on that Latin passion. "Synchronicity" was ethereal and flowing, but played on the song's theme of "connection despite distance."
      • "Sing Out!," on the other hand, is the most intimate of Seishiro's three A-sides, and is no less complex than the other two. The difficulty here comes from the big focus placed on pair and partner dancing in this one, which matches up with the themes of the song. Here, the members actually make contact with each other and touch (and if not touching, directly facing), which is in direct contrast with Synchronicity, where the members are always passing by one another. And again, it meshes with the Broadway style.
      • Asuka's solo is wonderful. One of the very few "long" dance solos we get with an idol group. And it's paired with that lovely guitar. Can't ask for anything more.
      • I hope Nogizaka and Seishiro continue their partnership for a long time. I like that he's given them a signature dance style that makes them unique amongst idols. They fit together perfectly.
    • Other things:
      • Ikuchan and Sing Out are a match made in heaven. She looks completely at home in her performance.
      • I really liked that gif that @tiktok posted a few pages back with Asuka bringing her hand down to mirror Nanase's gesture from Kaerimichi. It was neat throwback, and paired with the lyrics at that moment, a good way for Asuka to say, "don't worry, I've got this." Which brings me to my next point:
      • Earlier I mentioned that "Sing Out!" was the perfect song to follow up the crazy year that was 2018. Stepping back and taking stock, so many things happened in the last year and a half. From Tokyo Dome, to Synchro being a massive hit, to the many, many graduations, to the introduction of the 4th gen... There was always something happening and there was no time to catch your breath. With Sing Out, it's the perfect opportunity to calm down, relax, and for a moment, just sing and dance with Nogizaka. Even after all the changes, Nogizaka is still strong, and in good hands.
      • There's just something so joyful about this song to me that's different from Nogizaka's others, and I can't really explain why. Even more than ones like Jikochuu, Hadashi de Summer, and Taiyou Knock. The other songs are brighter, peppier, and on the surface even "happier," but none of them can bring the same smile to my face that I get from watching the Sing Out MV. I dunno. I guess I just really, really like the song.

• Like Like x 19
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Am I Loving?

if the video does not show watch the video here

Will comment on it later because the neighbors are drilling and I can't listen to it properly atm.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  18. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Didn't work for me, but I found another here
    Well, let me see . . . [hehe]

• Like Like x 2
  19. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Yeah, I'm not sure that song could be any cuter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I really like it. Ayane and this song is a funny combo.