1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I doubt they will go digital for the next 5-10 years. The profit from digital sales is so small compared to physical CDs especially with their current sales. You can't bulk buy digital songs, you can mass stream like the young KPOP fans but it's not the same.

I can see music cards being a substitute for this in case CDs aren't a feasible thing anymore. Have them be a random member music card featuring the one of the senbatsu and include the handshake ticket in the packaging (put it in a colored sleeve so you can't see the member you're getting), you can sell these in more places since they don't take up a lot of space and can be treated as load prepaid cards in the stores.

2. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Music cards would be nice and at least better for the environment but I think Oricon stopped counting music cards. This was brought up when SKE used the gimmick of including a free music card in their Coquettish Juutai Chuu CD so that every CD sold counts as two sales. It was pointed out that it would be the last time anyone can do it since Oricon was changing its policy music cards.

And of course, Oricon ranking is everything for AKB. Its one of the few things still giving them some positive rep, being a consistent million seller.

As for MNL48, music cards might be more profitable since producing them cost a lot less but maybe, HHE has the same concern. One of the things MNL48 can use to claim relevance is by earning gold or platinum for their singles. I'm not sure if music cards are counted in the Philippines.

3. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

It seems management found out about the fan meet and greet fundraiser that fans and members’ family made for the eliminated first generation members to help them (fans posted their chekis with the members on social media). And those members were already talked to about it ....I really hope this doesnt effect their chances for TGC I’m really worried about them especially the members that took part in the event.

4. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Yeah I'm talking about MNL48 here, AKB is fine with their CDs. I think there's no market at all for music cards here so maybe that's why they're not doing it. I'm slightly annoyed that we don't have something like Oricon that reports sales for music though here but at the same time there's only a handful of musicians that's releasing physical albums so I can't blame the Philippines for it.

5. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Maybe we don't have Oricon per se but Philippine Association of the Record Industry awards platinum and gold certification for reaching a number of CDs sold. I think most artists and record labels consider this a big deal.

I'm not sure if PARI will count music cards though.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Eh kinda have to dissagree with that, they're still around but definitely not as famous as they are used to be. For music card it might work tho since they're cheaper and can be used to create a new collectible. Or maybe doing the way BNK do with releasing only limited amount of CD and then use music card for those who didn't get the CD?

7. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    So....

Any news about anything interesting lately? Maybe about the Fallen 12 or any other things for MNL that's new?

8. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Recent news is the Seitansai on May 25

BREAKING NEWS:
    TGCSenbatsu.jpg

9. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    They’re hiring models but snubbed Maddie and Jewel, what the hell is this. Happy for the first gen and KKS though, Gia looks so stunning in that photo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

"Ang shining supermodel ng Marikina"

But... What if that's her twin? LoL

11. onego123

onego123 Member

It's rumored that Maddie is joining PPop Generation. She was seen applying for a dance contest they're holding.
    Edit: Credit to @toughlove48
    D5-Ax8DV4AA-h1V.jpeg.jpg

They really brought Jean back. Huh

12. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Oh damn, how is PPOP doing? I'm not really into them or their songs. Have they charted already?

13. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Right? I think everyone forgot lol
    I checked in a while ago, and they...have two songs now. And two videos. Progress, I guess lol

Do we have member pages for our 2nd gens on here yet? I've already got a few things to say about a select few of our rookies haha

14. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Hope she gets treated better there, at least if she gets in she doesn't have to worry about getting eliminated.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Madie is not joining PPOP, she just watched the show, got called on stage to do the Onana dance challenge, and she won.
    As a prize for the winners, they will have a picture with the performing members that day. Thus, the reason why Madie is there with the PPOP Members on the picture.

So please stop spreading false rumors that she's joining. I can't believe that lots of people that saw the post by PPOP on FB didn't read the caption.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    New Online Show for MNL48 called "Interactive Live" where they do some teasings, announcements for events and other developments and just plain QnA

17. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Interactive Live Ep 2

Just gonna say it: Lara's freakin hilarious. Keep her there everytime LOL

18. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Make the MNL Girls play some games again

Maybe seek partnership with Neutral Grounds next door and play some games boards.

I wanna see the MNL Girls play some DnD, Arkham Horror and Warhammer.

(And totally see in no specific order, get Devoured, Roll Nat 1 and fail a Weapons Check)

19. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    - Amy is again being bombarded by criticisms coz of her brash behaviour in the Interactive Live.

- Amy could be nervous that time or maybe her humor is just the typical ‘Vice Ganda’ type... you know those type of jokes that grills people and responds with smart-alec-ish banter.

- Another criticism by fans is Amy dominating the mic and her constant interruption. Like she kept reading the comments when it seems to be Yssa’s turn to read. It could be the nerves or she just lacks awareness with her co-members.

- I find Amy more cringy than offensive actually lol. The only rude for me is when she joked Yssa saying something like ‘It’s your turn so you can speak... you’re not contributing at all’ Funnily, Miho gave her a light slap on the face

- TBH Interactive Live is quite tiring and boring for me. I could not watch each episode without pressing the skip button so I prolly missed more ‘action’ in that live lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Honestly, this feels like a step back from I School. Hope they find a way to spice it up soon.

• Agree Agree x 3