1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    For those thinking about attending, the long distance ticket applications are up on the ticket center.

2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Pretty much, this seems to be what things are really turning out to be. By the way, I'll take the opportunity to post this:
    In case we need some more evidence, Team 8's Hashimoto Haruna, who's been a close friend of Rittan for quite some time, also let out this little confidential secret on Showroom just yesterday (that is to say, 2019/05/06 in case anyone wants to find the exact recording date).
    In other words, a restraining order was basically issued to the other members by the management to not show up at any of the three members' send-off, either for a group photo (like other members would usually do) or for anything else:

"(reading a comment) «Did you get to meet Rittan?» I did! Actually, I was invited by Rittan to come over and pose together around the banner, since it was to be the last moment available. I was dying to be there, myself. So I even replied to Riko «I'll be there, I'll be there!», on the LINE chat.
    And then... You know how the handshake event session was paused at one point in the middle? Right at that moment people from the staff told us «For this time, (the member send-off) will consist of only those members themselves alone», since it was decided no one from their own (=NGT48) group was permitted to show up there, nor anyone from the other groups either, for that matter -- we were explained. How depressing it was.
    But after the handshake session was over, between the 3rd and the 4th time slot we got to talk anyway. I talked a lot with Rittan. To the point I don't even know what we were talking about anymore. I'm happy I got to see Rittan's face again after so long. We even took photos together...
    "
    https://twitter.com/moritto0730/status/1125708134457077761
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1125707032584081408/pu/vid/824x462/VrWl7iTLM-0OdUUw.mp4

---
    Now, keeping that in mind, this one is pretty interesting for one further reason. Pretty much every news article and clip that I have perused these days clearly described Maho's whole condition at the handshake event, starting with the walled lane and everything else, as being pretty much a state of "isolation" imposed from the outside (like, say, in this Nikkan Sports article), but take a look at how on the other hand a newspaper like Sponichi tried to pass off the situation at the send-off gathering to their readers (only translating the relevant bits for the sake of brevity):

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2019/05/07/kiji/20190507s00041000004000c.html

昨年12月にファンの男性2人から暴行被害を受けたNGT48山口真帆(23)が6日、パシフィコ横浜でのAKB48個別握手会で、卒業前の最後のファンとの交流に臨んだ。最後を見送るファンとの記念撮影は、山口を含め卒業する3人の他にはグループに残るメンバー1人だけが参加。他のNGT48メンバーとの溝の深さを改めて浮き彫りにした。また、山口は初めて芸能活動の継続を自らの口で語った。
    NGT48's Yamaguchi Maho, who was victim of a physical assault by two male fans last December, took part in an interaction with fans, the last one before her graduation, at the individual AKB48 handshake event held at Pacifico Yokohama on the 6th of the current month. At the commemorative group photo together with fans, who gave here one last send-off, other than the three members about to graduate, among which is Yamaguchi, only one other member participated out of the ones still to remain in the group. This highlighted once again how deep a divide there is with the other NGT48 members. Furthermore, for the first time, Yamaguchi talked with her own voice about continuing in her entertainment activities.

[...]

最後のファンとの記念撮影には、ともに卒業するもう1人の菅原りこ(18)と、NGTには残留するが、山口とともに運営との対決姿勢を取り続けていた村雲颯香(21)が参加。山口と“山口派”と呼ばれる3人だけとなり、山口が疑いをかけたメンバーだけでなく、先月21日まで一緒だった元チームGメンバーも現れなかった。運営だけでなく、約3年半も一緒にグループをつくってきた他のメンバーとの亀裂も修復できないままの現状を表していた。
    Participating together at the last commemorative group photo with fans, was also another member who she is to graduate along with, Sugahara Riko (18), and Murakumo Fuuka (21) who maintained a confrontational stance against the management together with Yamaguchi but will stay in NGT. With only Yamaguchi and the other three people of what is called the "Yamaguchi camp" turning up there, it means not only the members that Yamaguchi had cast suspicions on didn't show up, but also those former Team G members that they had been together with until the 21st of last month. This showed a situation where an irreparable division exists, not only with the management, but also with the other members who built up the group together for about three years and a half.

---
    I already pointed out some reason as to why I think so in the past, like their way of mischaracterizing the very cause of the incident itself, but recently Sponichi starts giving me the impression they are playing the "sontaku" game with the management a bit too close: trying to follow their orders and spread their version of the story even if it is being exaggerated at the expenses of Maho's image, sometimes even bordering on "lugenpresse" territory such as in this case.
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the article above happened to match the official narrative that the management is trying to peddle around to the press from here on...

With all that in mind, that makes Mofu (and Kado-chan too, since she apparently was reported as having been present at the send-off too, but wasn't mentioned at all on the press for some unclear reason) not the only remaining member still willing to stick by Maho's side, as management is trying to paint her to be these days, but one of the few sensible enough to refuse playing along with the management's ridicuolous diktats since there's nothing to gain from it, if anything.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 16
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Thankfully @Cisalpine88 covered some of these already in better detail above, but I had started the translations so I might as well post it - Summary for 5/7 (Tuesday) translated from http://40298ch.com/test/read.cgi/karakoro/1548413013/374-
    Please let me know if I made a mistake!

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mcbcagirl

mcbcagirl Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lilxicanita
    I wish I could say this was the last nail on the coffin for ngt management and aks but then as I was reading the post regarding hashimoto haruna's showroom on Twitter, I saw how a few people actually blamed Maho for the entire situation and claimed she was the one who wanted the handshake and graduation ceremony to be like that, and how no member is ever able to go to another member's handshake farewell lane so that management is just doing her bidding... that's when I realized many people might think that way and this is how management will end up completely shunning the girls for speaking up or standing with maho...

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    i'm pretty sure there are people who have the same opinion like those on the showroom even in s48, but they probably do not post on this thread because they will be ganged by people

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Old Old x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I think we both know who that guy is and what username he used to go by on this forum before being inevitably banned. The least he can do is maybe getting facts straight if he doesn't know what a "miokuri"/send-off means and how it has nothing to do with "going to another member's handshake lane".
    For a recent reference...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

we've had our share of victim blamers in this thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

yes, but we have to allow their opinions according to the mods!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 2
  10. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story about the tweet (I think it is the same one).

Google version:

"Thank you for the handshake meeting.

At first, I was uneasy when I participated in the handshake meeting, but it was so nice to be able to talk directly with the fans after a long time, and it was fun and full of smiles.

There is a memory with each fan, and I think that time is already over, if I look at my face, the memories that I have run may run like a running light and tears may overflow.

It was a very painful five month, but I thought, "I was alive for this day." I was happy that I could meet you and talk about it.

A handshake event will be established only because there are people who will come to see you.

Not only time to meet, but also time to come to meet you.

If you are busy taking time, willing to take time from a distance, some will come from overseas.

Behind the time of one 10 seconds, there are many hours until it comes to meet, and I think that it is a handshake event including it.

The time I met was a moment, but the memories I met were lifelong.

A handshake event where you can meet so many people a day is a wonderful place.

Finally I talked with you directly and I thought, "I became an idol to meet my fans."

Thank you for finding me and for coming to see me.

Thank you for becoming a fan and becoming a fan.

I am happy to meet you and cheer you up.

I will do my best towards my dream so that I can see you again.

See you again at the graduation show."

https://hochi.news/articles/20190508-OHT1T50344.html

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I see already a couple of translations being circulating in different places. Don't mind if I contribute with the one I had prepared as well...:

---
    今まで握手会ありがとうございました。読んで頂けると嬉しいです。
    https://twitter.com/maho_yamaguchi/status/1126130055325687808

Thank you for having attended my handshake events until now. I'd be happy if you would spend some time to read this.

---
    D6DRT1UU0AAhA8o.jpg D6DRT1cUUAACf00.jpg D6DRT1VV4AACjEL.jpg D6DRT1SVUAE1hen.jpg orig.jpg

Thank you for having come to the handshake event.

When the moment came to take part to this one handshake event,
    I also felt a sense of uneasiness at first,
    but being able to talk again directly with all you fans after so much time
    felt so happy and enjoyable,
    that it became spontaneous for me to be brimming with smiles.

There are memories that I share with each single one of the fans,
    and upon thinking that such a time is about to come to an end already,
    it meant that simply looking at their faces
    made all these memories I had so far flash around before my eyes, like a carousel
    and at the same time tears started flowing out, too.

It has been an extremely distressing 5 months,
    but at the end, I could think how
    "It's exactly for this day that I am being alive for".
    This is how much blissful it was to get to meet and talk again with you all.

A handshake session only works thanks to the people who are kind enough to come an meet someone else.

There's not only the time spent actually meeting with me,
    but also all the time spent to come all the way here to meet with me.

There's people who spared some of their own time to come here to me, although being busy,
    people who used their time to come here to me from very distant places,
    and among them, even people who every single time would travel here to me from abroad.

Behind these 10 seconds of time allowed per ticket,
    there are actually so many hours spent coming all the way here,
    I find that a handshake event also consists of even that part.

The time we get to meet is just an instant,
    but the memories about this meeting last a lifetime.

What a splendid place it is,
    a handshake event where I would be able to meet with such a great number of people in a single day.

At the end, after having had the opportunity of talking with everyone directly,
    I couldn't help thinking
    "So, it's to get to known everyone of those fans that I had become an idol"

Thank you for having found me,
    and for having been kind enough to come and meet me.

Thank you for having grown to like me,
    and for having become fans of mine.

It makes me feel fortunate that you have got to know me,
    and cheered on for me.

I'll work towards my dreams,
    so that we'll get to meet once again someday.

Until the graduation theater show. See you again.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. mcbcagirl

mcbcagirl Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lilxicanita
    I'm sorry guys, I checked my post and realized that I never mentioned it was a post I had just read on Twitter (not here)... but, my response still applies for the banned guy... I'm adding this picture to my reply to his/ her tweet yesterday...

Edit: went back to the tweet reply and it's gone...I guess many people must've reported it or replied to it that the tweeter was forced to remove it...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Since I see someone is interested, always on the matter of the civil lawsuit, I found out that on an episode of Viking which aired earlier the other day, about 15 minutes were devoted to the recent happenings about the case: the handshake event, footage of the send-off and the graduation theater show consisting only of the three graduating members, all of which they didn't hesitate to call an oddity (if you want, you can probably still watch the full program here).

In the middle of it there was a segment covering the court case, or better yet figuring out what they could be aiming for with it, since over a week later nobody knows what the management is wanting to do about it (probably not even themselves, as it wasn't even said what court the case would be filed). There were some interesting observations made inside:

[​IMG]
    https://www.twitter.com/abril10551/status/1126337461120946176
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1126337367113994240/pu/vid/772x432/n_Bi9Sqi5EFwbWr6.mp4

"Rather than proceeding to file a lawsuit just for the reason that real (financial) damages have come up... After learning that she has been victim of harm, why did they still decide to act only now, I have to wonder."
    Host: "The matter about the real financial damages is a secondary thing. That is to say, isn't Yamaguchi the victim? What must be done is taking actions on how to protect the victim, instead, yet..."
    "It's a mystery to me why they didn't made that decision right at that time..."
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Host: "On the topic of the lawsuit, we have taken a look at the main points of interest with lawyer Kiyohara."
    "Right. The purpose of the lawsuit (according to lawyer Kiyohara) is supposed to restore the image of NGT48, along with clarifying the sequence of facts.
    Moreover, the matter of contention (of the court case) could be whether or not there was any sort of involvement by the members. And in addition if the cause for this drop in image must be attributed to the assault by the criminal group, or rather to the management's response being haphazard.
    "
    Host: "Kiyohara, let me hear..."
    [​IMG]
    Kiyohara: "There are actually two main points about this court case. First off, about whether the members were implicated or not in the assault incident, to clarify this matter it will make it necessary, in addition of course to Yamaguchi, even for several other members to appear in an open court and leave a sworn testimony, I dare say. (studio reaction) That will draw in quite a lot of public attention."
    Host: "Hypotetically speaking, despite having filed a lawsuit and all, what about the chances of opting for an out-of-court settlement?"
    Kiyohara: "There of course are also the possibility it will end up in a peaceful settlement. Except that, if they were to actually have a peaceful settlement, fans wouldn't absolutely forgive it. To explain why, going for a peaceful settlement will mean to leave the sequence of facts unclear, in a way to pretend nothing had happened. That would be the most undesirable way fans would hope for. So, if they really intend to go for a court case, they need to thorougly clarify on the related facts, otherwise it will really be far from recovering their image."

---
    In that regard, I was wondering where I had read it before, and I remembered it was discussed more at length on this other law office site. I thought it was by the same person, but instead it turns out it's pretty much everyone's understanding that the management is looking for an out-of-court settlement right from the start.
    https://www.ichifuna-law.com/11229/

Another thing to be brought up inside is that, although a choice like that would defeat the purpose of the operation, they can't do otherwise: none of the possible reasons for the management to file a damages claim of their own ("drop in image", "sponsors withdrawing", "activities being held back", "loss in potential revenue"), rather than in the name of Maho, can be blamed on anyone but on the management's mishandling itself, which will more than likely result into a case loss.
    Then there's also the fact that by choosing an open court case, it will mean other (current) members might be required to testify in court just as much as the culprits, or alternatively let themselves be judged in absentia, and this time not anonymouly which is something they might want to avoid.

But anyway here's the relevant excerpt about how much an out-of-court settlement might be used for a show-off only:
    4 裁判をどうやって終わらせるのかという問題
    4) The issue of how to lead the court case to a conclusion

この問題は、この裁判の真の目的と置き換えてもいいかもしれません
    訴えられた加害者2名側は
    非常に高額になると思われる賠償責任を負わないようにするため
    また、刑事責任についてぶり返されないようにするため
    しっかりと法的な対応をしてくるでしょう
    This issue is maybe mutually interchangeable with the real purpose of the court case in question.
    What they are going to do is probably take firm legal measures against the two culprits who have been sued, that would avoid charging them with compensations considered to be extremely costly, as well as preventing criminal liability to be reapplied again.

その一方で、上述のとおり、AKSが加害者2名を提訴することには
    非常に多くのリスクが伴っています
    On the other hand, as told previously, with AKS suing the two culprits, there are too many risks that will accompany it.

それゆえ、僕個人としては
    ・山口さんファンのクレーム対応
    ・他のファンの不信感を払しょくするために加害者に厳しい姿勢を示す
    ・NGT48のイメージの回復
    のために、加害者2名を法廷に出して全容解明することが目的だとすると
    For this reason, as a personal consideration, if the purpose is for the two culprits to be brought to court and clarify all details for the sake of
    ・Complying to the complaints from Yamaguchi's fans
    ・Showing a severe stance against the offenders, so as to dispel any sense of distrust from the other fans
    ・Restoring NGT48's image

やぶ蛇の効果しか得られない訴訟
    なのではないかと思います
    Then I speculate this will be a lawsuit that will only have a boomerang effect.

しかも、そもそも加害者2名は法廷で真実を語るとは限りません
    For one thing, it's not necessarily true that the two culprits will be willing to speak about the facts in court.

民事訴訟の証人尋問においても
    自分自身が刑事訴追を受ける可能性のある証言は拒否することができます
    (自己負罪拒否特権)
    During a court witness interrogation in a civil litigation, they are free to deny making any testification that could likely cause them to face criminal prosecution (Privilege against Self-Incrimination)

つまり、加害者2名は刑事訴追を受ける可能性のある真実を語る保証などないのです
    Putting it another way, there is no guarantee the two culprits will speak about truth, in a way that could get them a criminal prosecution.

一方で、民事訴訟においては
    訴訟上の和解
    という解決方法があります
    On the other hand, in a civil litigation, there is also another method of resolution, that is a suit's peaceful settlement.

要は、訴えは出したけど
    話し合いで解決して終わらせましょうという対応です
    Basically, it's a measure to try reaching a resolution and concluding the case by having a mutual exchange of opinions, regardless of the fact that a complaint was issued in the first place.

和解で終わらせる場合は
    実際の事実関係がどうであったのか
    誰に責任があったのか

という点を有耶無耶にすることもできます
    (実際、多くの和解では、有耶無耶にして終わらせます)
    In case things will be over with a peaceful settlement, this will allow them to leave unclarified the points of the real sequence of facts and how it had happened, as well as who is liable for it. (In fact, in many instances of peaceful settlements, things are called over while leaving related matters vague)

また、和解金は0円でも構いません
    Moreover, the settlement money can amount to 0 yen, without any problems.

しかも、この訴訟上の和解は
    やろうと思えば、裁判が始まってすぐにすることもできます
    Anyway, if anyone intends to do it, a suit's peaceful settlement can be done even as soon as a court case has begun.

そして、
    訴訟上の和解には
    「本件に関する事実関係、和解に至る経緯及び和解内容を秘密とし、合理的理由なく第三者には開示しない」
    という守秘義務条項が入れられる可能性が高いです
    What's more, in a suit's peaceful settlement it's highly likely that a confidentiality clause would be added to it, which states "The series of facts related to this case, the process leading to the settlement, as well as the details of such peaceful settlement are to be considered a secret. They are not to be revealed to any third party for no logical reason"

この和解をする場合
    加害者2名にとっては
    和解金として支払う金額が0もしくは低額であれば応じるメリットは大きいでしょう
    In case such a peaceful settlement is made, for the two culprits there's a significant merit to agreeing to it, if the settlement price to pay amounts to 0 or to a very low sum.

一方のAKS側は、
    裁判を提起したことによって真実を明らかにしようという姿勢をアピールできる一方で
    真実を語る可能性のある加害者2名に対して
    和解の内容も、事件についての真相も
    外部に流出させないことを義務付ける

ことができます
    Meanwhile, for the AKS side, it will make it possible to publicly flaunt their stance of shedding light on the truth by initiating a court case, while at the same time mandating to the two culprits, who might be likely to speak about the truth, not to divulge to the outside anything about details of the settlement, or the facts about the incident.

まさに一石二鳥どころか、三鳥、四鳥の結果をもたらす可能性もがあります
    That may as well let them kill not just two birds with one stone, but three or even four, as a result.

本件が和解で終了になった場合
    上記のような利益がAKSにもたらされる側面もあるので
    ファンなどの納得、スポンサーなどの再度の支援が得られるかどうかはわかりません
    Should today's case be ended in a peaceful settlement, there are some aspects in which, as described above, AKS can draw benefit from, but there's no way to tell to what extent they will regain understanding from the fans this way, not to mention renewed support from the sponsors.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 18
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Just as an illustration of what can happen in a private prosecution for assault, the following is a (very) recent case from the USA where a weirdo SJW called Matt Loter attacked a Youtuber/Gaming-Journalist called Jeremy Hambly at a bar during a boardgaming convention called Gencon last year. Hambly brought a civil case against Loter which was settled out of court yesterday. This was done before the discovery phase so no details beyond what was already publicly known were disclosed, the case didn't even come near a courtroom. Hambly got a public apology and other settlement terms from Loter with everything covered by an NDA.

if the video does not show watch the video here

As Kiyohara-san said in the translation from Cisalpine, this is probably what AKS are looking for. A scripted apology from the two assailants and then the case gets swept under the carpet from AKS's point of view.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Okay, just when I thought that Maho had returned to a more relaxed mood with Twitter, as it was apparent from her liking tweets of Sanrio's Cinnamon and other friendly tweets supportive of her, I woke up to find out these two other tweets were added to the Likes just now. I wonder what's up with that, but I think I need to give a translation to them as well.
    Note that the first two had been posted on April 22, which is the day after the graduation announcement:

なんなの?今さら「辛い思いをさせてしまった」とか何で卒業発表した途端「真帆ちゃん達の思いを胸に頑張る」みたいなこと皆んな言うわけ?指示されてんの?何でこの4ヶ月間黙って見てたの?誰も山口さんの名前を出さずに。何で彼女が頑張って一番苦しい時に言ってあげなかったの?#山口真帆 #NGT48
    https://twitter.com/Salmonroe_baboo/status/1120616014431973376

What's up with that? "I/We have caused her to feel so much distress", and all that... How come everyone started saying stuff like "We'll strive on as we keep the feelings of Maho-chan and the others in our hearts" only now, right on the instant the graduations were announced? Were they instructed to do so? Why is it that they just sat back and watched in silence for this 4 months period, instead? And without anyone ever mentioning Yamaguchi-san's name once, even. Why didn't they take the initiative to speak up when she struggled on her most painful moments? #YamaguchiMaho #NGT48

---
    彼女たちの卒業を、自分たちの良心のアリバイ作りに使わないでくれ

終わってからじゃ、もう遅い…
    https://twitter.com/ochiha_debu/status/1120335240621252608

Please do everyone a favor and don't use their graduation to make up an alibi for your own conscience.

It's way too late, when it's all over already...

---
    「私はファンの方と私的に連絡を取ったりしていました。アイドルとしてファンの皆様の信頼を裏切る形になり、大変申し訳ございませんでした。どんな処分も受ける覚悟です。しかし私のわがままですが、アイドルとしての夢を諦められません。もう一度チャンスを下さい」

言えないかな…
    #不問
    #山口真帆
    https://twitter.com/anemonetheend_/status/1126393757123743744

"I have kept private communication contacts with certain fans. In doing so, I have betrayed the trust of everyone of you fans as an idol. I'm deeply sorry for it. I am prepared to accept any penalty. Also, while it's selfish of me, I still don't intend to give up on my dreams as an idol. Please give me once again a chance."

Bet they can't say that...
    #Reprieve
    #YamaguchiMaho

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 13
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Falx1984

Falx1984 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    I hate to say it, but I think she may have just given up on getting justice and is just trying to avoid waves till she can GTFO out of that cesspool. It would explain the sudden mood change, to me at least.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I think it's more likely because of something upsetting that might have happened in private on that same day, enough to force her to react once again...
    I haven't been translating many of the new mobame that Maho has been writing as of late, simply because even there the topic has switched back from thoughts and revelations related to the incident to otherwise normal communication with fans, so there was little reason for me to post all of it. However, there was something she mentioned in passing during the Mahome that was sent in right on the day after that brought people to connect the two things, so I'll report it here (this time including the pic sent with it, just for completion).

2019-05-11 00:20:00

Subject: Flower bouquet

I put on display in a flower vase those flower bouquets which I received at the handshake event.

There's actually two of them that have been donated to me.

Thank you so much.

Roses are the flowers I love the most,
    and so that makes me especially happy.

Both the red roses and the light blue roses
    are so cute, while being each of a different variety.

Among the light blue roses there were also some pink baby's-breath flowers,
    that makes them the oshimen colors!!

They look so cute... and wonderful...

I went on to buy a new flower vase, earlier.

Today, I had the misfortune of learning about something horrible,
    so I decided to take a look at these flowers in order to curb my emotions.

No matter how much stuff others say about myself, I'll be there to defend you all right.

I can never tell what's the right method to keep care of flowers.

If there's any person who was part of any floral club committee and is well versed in roses, please let me know.

[​IMG]

Anyway, it's left unsaid who or what Maho promised to defend. Now, since she's the junior Maho arguably cared for and doted on the most (to make a point, after the last Twitter cleanup, Maho still kept this video of her despite anything but a few specific members got deleted 9:00AM GMT Time update: nevermind even that was removed), I saw some speculate it's about Fujisaki Miyu. This is due to the subject of a Photolog post on the same day, coupled with the fact some other Kenkyuuseis apparently wrote on mobame that she was crying. My experience from early December suggest however there is more to it that hasn't yet come to the surface...

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Summary for 5/11 (Saturday) translated from http://40298ch.com/karakoro/kako/1548/15484/1548413013.html
    Please let me know if I made a mistake!

• Informative Informative x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Well, well, I was just waiting for this to be brought up. There's more to it in the tweets in question that needs to be fleshed out, so I went through the trouble of translating them. I wonder what it could be all about...
    ---

山口真帆さんの事件で警視庁が動いてる!まさかって思った。詳細は後日。
    https://twitter.com/SaigusaGentaro/status/1126874221286584320

The metropolitan police is getting working on Maho Yamaguchi-san's case! "No way!", I was thinking. Details to come in a few days.

---
    山口真帆さんの事件。釈放された被疑者が「新潟県警なんてチョロい」と言った件、結構、警察当局を刺激しています。新潟県警だけが警察ではない、ということです。これ以上、書くとこの件は捜査妨害になって立件できなくなるとマズいので、しばらくは黙ります。
    https://twitter.com/SaigusaGentaro/status/1127174328691245056

On Yamaguchi Maho-san's case. The fact that the previously-released suspects openly told "The Niigata Prefectural Police are such pushovers [*]" has jolted into action the police authorities quite a bit. And I mean, the police doesn't consist of only the Niigata department. If I'll write anything more than that about the case, I'm going to cause an obstruction of investigations and ruin the possibility to build a case against them, which would be in turn pretty regrettable, so I'll stay silent for a while.

---
    結論はそう遠くないうちに出ると思います。まあ、自分たちが治外法権だと思って高を括っていると、痛い目を見るよ、ということです。
    https://twitter.com/SaigusaGentaro/status/1127174844984975360

I think the verdict on it will come out sometime soon. Well, if you are acting haughty, thinking that yourselves enjoy some kind of immunity from territorial jurisdiction, you will end up having some rough time, that's what I mean.

---
    本当は山口真帆さんが検察審査会に申し立ててくれれば、ベストだと思うのですが、それは山口さんが考えることですから。逆サイドでいろいろ言う方がいることは分かっていますが、山口さんはあくまで被害者であるということは忘れてはいけないと思います。
    https://twitter.com/SaigusaGentaro/status/1127175517247926272

To be honest, I think it would be best if Yamaguchi Maho-san herself would go ahead to lodge a complaint to the Prosecution Board, but this is something for Yamaguchi-san to consider about, at the end of the day. I understand there's people saying this and that, from the blind side , but one shouldn't forget that Yamaguchi-san is and remains the victim of the case.

---
    山口真帆さんの事件。風化させないぞっていうファンの執念は尊敬に値する。山口さんは幸せな人だと思う。アイドルに興味はなかったけど、ここまでアイドルのファンって情が深いのかって感心した。
    https://twitter.com/SaigusaGentaro/status/1127200849225084930

Speaking again of Yamaguchi Maho-san's case. The tenacity of her fans, determined to not let it be faded from memory, is really worthy of respect. Can't help thinking how Yamaguchi-san is such a fortunate person. I never had any interest in idols, but I am struck with admiration, noticing just to what extent idol fans are being charitable.

---------
    [*] This one, for those who have missed it back in January, refers to a video originally found on one of the gang's accounts, in which Kitagawa Jo openly bragged about the Niigata's police being weaklings. Namely this one:
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1127186148017750022/pu/vid/720x1280/Td0Po1IVP8pUm9tO.mp4
    "So the cops of the Niigata Department, two of them came over to me, just like that. Even so, in the end they then departed without being able to say even a single word. So the Niigata Police in here is Kaisei [note: nickname for another one of the culprits in this case, identified as Man #3 in the third-party report, the only one not directly involved]. They are so damn weak."

Also, most importantly, near the end of the infamous AKS press conference back in March some latter-day hero, out of the journalists pushing questions, actually brought up exactly that video to the attention of a clearly dumbfounded Matsumura (his replies are for the most part empty weasel words, but I'm still including them for the sake of completion). The part in question is near the bottom, but the rest of the related questions are equally interesting.
    All of this means that, yeah, if the reference didn't fly over their head like everything else, the management was definitely made aware of it at the very least:
    https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190323-00010002-wordleaf-soci

記者4:一部メディアに今村さんとのメールの文面が流出していたとは思うんですけども、そういう対策、その事実関係とかその対策とか、山口さん自身はいったい誰だとか、メンバーじゃないかとか思ってしまうと思うんですよ、絶対に。つながりがあるとしたらすごい不安だと思いますし。
    Reporter #4: It seems that the text of such mails from Imamura were leaked to some media outlets [note: Bunshun], from what I understand. Regarding the measures to address it -- the chain of events, and the measures taken to address it… I imagine even Yamaguchi herself must find herself wondering, for sure, who could have been [to leak it], if maybe it was a member. If there are cases of consorting indeed, I find that represents a cause of great uneasiness.

松村:すごい、なんでしょう。
    Matsumura: Excuse me, great what?

記者4:不安。犯行グループの中には特定のメディアを名乗ってメンバーを脅したりという、それをTwitterに上げたりもしている事例が把握されているとは思うんですけども、そういったのは調査したり把握したりするんでしょうか。
    Reporter #4: Uneasiness. It has been ascertained that, inside of the criminal group in question, there have been instances in which they threatened members by citing this specific media outlet, and that this has been brought up on Twitter. Are you planning to investigate and check on it?

松村:これはそもそもそういうことが発生している、それがもし、今おっしゃったような内部のことであれば非常に悲しむべきことだと思いますし、先ほども申し上げた意識の問題かなと。だからこの意識向上をしっかりさせることが急務かなというふうに思います。この報告書のご指摘でも、やはり弊社の管理体制、それからガバナンスですよね、それに対して非常に厳しい指摘を受けておりますので、いま一度そこをしっかり見直すという中で、それはいわゆる役員、取締役会だけで話すのではなくて、それをみんなで共有をしっかりとしていくということしかないのかなというふうに思っております。
    Matsumura: About that, that such a thing took place, if the details are as you have described right now, I find it is extremely deplorable. I think it is a problem of self-consciousness, which I mentioned previously. So I think that it is urgent to work on improving self-consciousness in a steadfast way. Even the indications inside of this research reports, it goes without saying, we have received some extremely severe indication concerning our agency's managing structure, and in turn our "governance", I think. Right now we are in the process of carefully revising it, I'm not talking it only in terms of executive directors, or direction board. I think all of us need to work on firmly sharing the same idea.

記者4:あと1点だけ。すいません、犯人の1人が不起訴で釈放されたあとに、ネットに新潟県警弱えよと、笑いながらまったく反省ないそぶりで投稿しているのをたぶん把握しておられると思うんですけれども、それで調査を依頼したら全部無視と、完全に反省しないで、むしろ仕返しさえも予見されてしまうような感じなんですけど、そういった対策というのはどう考えていますか。
    Reporter #4: Also, just one more point. Sorry, but I suppose you also might have learned that, after being released without prosecution, one of the culprits had left a message on the Internet in which he was laughing at "How weak the Niigata police is", all the while showing absolutely no signs of repentance. With them completely ignoring the requests when it came to collaborate in the [third-party committee's] inquiry, coupled with showing no regret whatsoever, one can feel on the contrary that there might be even some kind of reprisal to be expected. What are you planning to do, regarding the aforementioned countermeasures?

松村:それも含めて、先ほど申し上げた法的なということにもなっていくのかなって思います。
    Matsumura: I have to guess that, we'll proceed in a legal way as said before, even including that.

Also on the topic of "know your enemies" and why it is important, this is the real name of, a certain Gori a notorious yakkai wota who used to focus on Team 4 in the past years, and who got ousted as being the so-called "reporter Suzuki" that would appear on Bunshun's live broadcasts. Right after news spread back in February, he missed the following live because of "influenza", never to be seen again (at least not that I remember of...). On the other hand, he and his pals got notably spotted at a Nogizaka concert pushing their way to the front, only to end up booted out by the security.
    We'll all miss you...

DyEyKEAU8AEv2SI.jpg orig.jpg DyEyKiHVsAAlgGN.jpg orig.jpg FireShot Capture 035 - りさんのツイート_ _からのこれで、さすがに笑っちゃうww… _ - twitter.com.png

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 13
    • Like Like x 3
  20. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I was wondering about that very issue. I live in the US and if something like this were to have happened where the local police essentially scoffed at the assault complaint our national police (the FBI) could get involved (although very rarely) and overrule whatever decision the local police had made. It’s clear the Niigata police didn’t take this assault very seriously and the outrage the public has developed towards the authoritative figures should be heard by a national body such as the Japanese National Police Agency.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1