1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by ひめか, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Asphyxia

Asphyxia Kenkyuusei

nah one toxic thread is enough.
    also I barely see ppl there mentioning Nogi so I doubt about your war thing.
    you seem enjoying it but I had enough with disrespecting other group with this unnecessary comparison.

This 3 group have different Target audience, different concept.
    its like comparing 3 same food with different flavors and you have that one favorite, but that doesn't mean you have to say 2 or 1 other taste terrible just because it wasn't suit your taste.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Nope. Not about Nogi vs Keya. Just about Keyakizaka. Unpopular opinions about the group and individual members.
    Am I enjoying it? Reading other opinions, yes. Forum members getting triggered, not really. But at least I can see their true feelings. Whether I agree or not, reasonable, laughable, whatever, it's their opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Old Old x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Asphyxia

Asphyxia Kenkyuusei

then since you are up to it why not create the thread yourself?

• Winner Winner x 4
  4. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    No. One of these dumb threads is enough.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

:^O^:

6. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    The thread itself is fine, it's only regrettable that there are users that don't know how to convey their unpopular opinions without resorting to rudeness. Or use it as an excuse to spread negativity.

Let's not forget that a positive opinion can be an unpopular opinion as well.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  7. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    It would be really nice if I can mute and block everything about keyaki on stage48, just like I did on twitter.
    Screenshot_20190402-092016-01.jpeg
    Is this considered as an opinion?

• Like x 3
    • Old x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  8. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    That is considered as childish.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Beowulf

Beowulf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sugai Yuuka / Kosaka Nao
    This thread was started to ask about opinions PERTAINING to Nogizaka46. Can we all agree to stop talking about the other groups?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Remylittlechef

Remylittlechef Kenkyuusei

I think this is never end, basically they are two different group and have different concept. They also never mentioned to be rival, they are sister. Luckily now they have Hinatazaka that become the mediator between them, when both of fans could split up and support that new sister group.

Continue to my unpopular opinion :

About JRA or any other music awards, I think many musician and artist got jealous when Idol the one who got that award. When the real musician spend most of their life in producing music and improve their skill, then come some girls who suddenly become famous and got many fans (also many of them without any 'artistic' background dance/singing, can't even produce their own music) belong part of the famous group and their management that have so much money to invest. If sells million copy the one that become the essential reason to win it, then many independent musician could just dream about it, and probably this is that make Japanese music become less and lesser in quality and creativity then invaded by foreign music. Remember when early 2000's Japan entertainment industry dominating in Asia, and many of their works recognized world wide. As the time goes, when Japan enters the Idol era (about 2007-2009 when AKB48 become hits) those distribution suddenly just Japan surrounding and didn’t really trying hard to compete with another international artist in general (not including AKB sisters group that established in some asian country). Actually many people didn't really fond of that cutesy girl dancing and singing on stage, let in Japan alone, moreover most of foreign people also didn’t even fan of them, they are assuming just ”cringey” to watch. Also ironically Japanese teenage girls nowadays busy with make up and properly fix their appearance rather than going out and being productive, even they want to stay single because in the future they want to become an Idol.

I'm sorry I cannot imagine Nogizaka46 become number 1 “musician" who compete with another legendary artist in Japan, and I can't even show Nogizaka46 to my friend if they ask the greatness of Japanese Music who some of them are Western or K-pop music fans. Probably I just say Back Number, Radwimps, the Gazette, One OK Rock, Mr Childern, Sheena Ringo, etc. But at least I can provide them some of Keyakizaka MV to show them the dark-side of girl group contrast in K-pop Idol. K-pop actually they have the same concept, in addition strong basis anywhere in the world, so they just have to keep improving their quality and then Go International already become pathway for them if they already ultra-famous in their country. But I really doubt it the same could happen in Nogi, mentioned as the new Japanese National Idol that finally beat AKB I don't think their way to go international not as easy as K-pop idol or even AKB itself, where most of people outside Japan don't even recognize what's the difference between girl band and idol group is and their quality probably being underestimated since K-Pop already become the benchmark with great dance and singing ability as group and the song that very ear-catching while didn’t even bother with the meaning of lyrics tho.

This is also apply with the actor / actress that some cast was taken by idols. There are also many people who dropped the dorama or movie just because they know idol was the main cast of it. Again with filming awards, it’s just a waste that the best newcomer actress came from idol when there are many good young talent that have so much potential but just beacuse their role was supporting or not famous enough, many people didn’t even observe them.

So basically not everyone fond of Idol especially the way they perform at stage with some of them have lack of skill, but their “hardcore” fans still consider them the best compared with anyone, outside there they actually could do nothing and don’t have enough competence comparing with another talent / artist that already focusing their work since the time they decided to debut. Also many other artist jealous with the way they are spoiled and got their job taken by idol.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2019
    • Dislike x 6
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  11. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

It's just wow :whistle:

12. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

Yeah, but JRA considers popularity and sales, I believe, not just "artistry" or whatever. Has the 46/48 handshake = CD sales formula "gamed" the sales numbers? Yes. But as long as that's the way it is, they have to respect those sales numbers, I guess. So 46/48 groups do have a big advantage there. People who are looking for artistry from pop music don't really need the JRA. Most people seem to say that the winner of the last JRA should have been Da Pump's USA if it wasn't a cover song (the main JRA award can't be a cover song). Are you telling me that a cover of an Italian pop song where the lyrics are random US-themed things popular in Japan is the height of music artistry? Lol. USA was obviously considered a candidate because of its popularity, not for its artistry. People seem to say that in terms of artistry (whatever that means), the winner should have been Yonezu Kenshi. Well, the dude didn't even bother to show up(?) probably because he figures he's too cool for it or you know, he's a real artist and doesn't need the JRA. So if you're a fan of real artistry, you don't need the JRA.

In terms of recent Jpop influence on the rest of East/SE Asia, I think it's more because Kpop has taken over rather than Jpop being dragged down by idol pop. Having a lot of idol pop doesn't mean there's less non-idol Jpop to go around, either. Also, I mean, it's not like Nogi aren't doing more and more concerts abroad, so Jpop influence is still strong, I would think. It's just that Kpop has taken over.

As far as acting roles, if you look at the credentials of a lot of top Japanese actresses, I think a decent amount of them actually were in some idol group at some time when they first got into show business. Of course, these are probably not 46/48 groups (because these top actresses are older) but just minor groups that got them started out. I know this is a different phenomenon from what you're talking about, but still. What I mean is, I think people are used to the fact that a lot of women in show business started out in an idol unit, for example maybe just like a lot of top men in show business also started out in Johnny's. Plus, it's not like idols are taking over major acting roles, are they? Most of them seem to only get good enough in acting to get major roles after they graduate anyway. After all these years, the most high profile acting roles IMO from Sakamichi are Nanamin in some Getsuku back in Girls' Rule era, Mizuki in her solo dramas, and Hirate in that movie that seemed to have a big cast. They aren't taking over primetime TV IMO. Idols obviously are best at portraying roles that are in the teens or early 20s, but not every drama has characters/roles in those age ranges. It's my impression that most primetime dramas usually want characters at least in their late 20s.

I actually think your points are interesting, but I think without having good data on all these phenomena, it's hard to say one way or another if there is an issue.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Being the one bringing the question "which members of other groups you'd like to be in Nogizaka", I kind of feel bad that it brought this quarrel here. I was thinking that question was just pure fun because I like imaging someone like Taniguchi Megu, who I think give off a lot of Nogi vibe, how would she do in Nogizaka. Guess I'll stop asking things that might spark unnecessary debate. Wonder why there must be so much exclusivity in oshi-ing a group?

My another unpopular opinion (?)

Lots of idol songs (Nogi and other groups) are very "artistry". AKS and Sony have a good bunch of composers behind them. Sometimes I feel too bad a song that good (in terms of composition and arrangement), should be layered by the voice of less than professional singers (such as idols). Like ItsuDeki. It's actually a good song, very suitable for a movie as it sounds grandiose for a movie credit scene, but well our girls are just not well-trained to sing professionally. I have this single CD and I like listening the instrumental version more than the actual song.

But maybe.. maybe.. if those songs were not sang by popular idol groups, the songs might not even come to this world at all?

Be as envious other musicians towards idols, the idol group industry actually feeds A LOT of people. Musicians, fashion designers, makeup artists, choreographers, movie makers, graphic designers, not even mentioning all the parties involved in sales and distributions.

Talking about fashion designers, a lot of Nogi's costumes inspire me a lot to learn fashion design. One of these days I am thinking to share what I've collected all about Nogi's costumes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I don't think there was a problem with the question.

Some people are a bit too eagre to show how much they don't like other groups.
    I get there's reasons and context but I still think it's unproductive.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    This! I agree.. The quality of the musics is very good but their vocals are not up to it. That's why I like to go to youtube to find other singers that cover Nogi songs and I enjoy listening to them, sometimes more than the original.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

Genuinely curious, how are Nogi uniforms and costumes from a real fashion perspective? I know nothing about fashion, yet I feel like Nogi uniforms are a level above what you see from other groups or hell, even a level above the Nogi members' personal clothes. I feel like the uniforms often succeed in combining sophisitication and elegance - but again, I seriously don't know a thing about fashion. But the first time I saw them wearing these just when it had turned fall (note the Halloween stuff in the background) and it was getting colder

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was like wow, those are amazing. I've never seen a combination of perky early-mid 20's girls and full length brown tweed uniforms pulled off successfully like that on TV... And they look so warm lol, perfect for the season. This is probably bordering on not an unpopular opinion though, lol, just complimenting Nogi uniforms here. But anyway, those brown uniforms were amazing IMO. You'd think if you're putting good-looking girls on TV, you need to give them bright colors and show a good amount of skin, but nope, they go the complete opposite direction in a way that makes sense. :shocku:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Everyone that claims that there is no artistic value in idol music is dead wrong. Although the girls don't compose the songs themselves, or make up the choreo, it doesn't mean that an idol group is of any less value than other artists. The phrase "real musician" really irks me.

An idol group has another structure than bands such as Radwimps or Dir En grey, for sure. But the composers create wonderful compositions, the choreographers think of splendid dance moves, and directors create engaging MV's. And the girls, they are the performers, the faces, they are the ones that bring the whole package to its audience. And everything created in this manner is no less than a work of art. Idol groups have every right to win the award, just as other artists.

This is not a biased opinion, since most of my music collection consists of extreme metal bands, which is kind of the total opposite of Nogizaka (in both music and the creative process).

And that's where you are wrong, because there is nothing objective about visuals and beauty. It's all in the eye of the beholder. If you think certain members are low tier / average / whatnot, that's okay. But don't claim it as facts. Don't say that those who think otherwise are delusional. Because that is rude.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    nogi visual is above than average compared to keya because that is the image that has been created for nogi especially when maiyan is on top of modelling world(and at one point, girls collection even made nogiXtgc exclusive runway, and there were so many exclusive models in nogi). keya seems has better dancing and performances because they are revolved around hirate and her "godly" expression (not her dancing skill tbh) and that is people perception of keya, and now hina with its happy aura(although it isnt that grandious because every idol usually is happy and bright). and obviously because of that people will think there are some girl should be here and there. and you guys still cant see that. what a.....

jpop vs kpop. as long as japan still does the geoblock youtube, there is no way jpop influence gonna be spread out. and their artists/idols too seem not interested to go out and meet fans. probably language barrier. and also, japan is lacking in film and drama department. no new overhype drama/film since years ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  19. Asphyxia

Asphyxia Kenkyuusei

I'm tired with this unnecessary comparison.... you guys never stop aren't you?

There's nothing wrong about Techi she's a performer. and nope never heard of that "godly" expression you are saying, as far as I know its "Pierce" stop exaggerating things and expression is crucial part of dancing skill specially in idol industry where the face is their most selling point. do you think 'Synchronicity' will be that good if Maiyan and other members did not express it very well? its a big no. the only problem is the management that keeping her on center position but its not Techi's choice and fault. why do you think Techi is popular with other artist such as Hirai Ken and Sekai no Owari? its because of her expression. stop turning other someones strength into their weakness. its the same as Maiyan's strength her "beauty". Its not we don't see the problem you are just not aware because you are blinded on your superiority complex.

(someone will assume I'm Tech's oshi again :^O^:)

I'll just leave this here.
    http://keyavids.com/hirai-ken-x-hirate-yurina-nonfiction-fns-music-festival-2017-12-06-english-sub/

please research first before stating facts.....

do you know why Kenshi Yonezu's "Lemon" is popular until now? if not then you don't know what you are saying.

and in movie department have you ever heard of "One Cut of the Dead" and "Shoplifters"?

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

I don’t know enough about Japan’s music industry to know why/whether independent artists are struggling. But if Da Pump’s USA had the best shot of winning if it wasn’t a cover, then the JRA awards are clearly more about popular success. I mean, that song is dumb lol.

I can understand why musicians might resent idols though. When top idols struggle to hit notes, it can make you wonder, “why is this girl on a stage?” That’s not to say that idols aren’t talented – there are good songs and good singers. But it’s sometimes obvious they don't prioritize idols for their song/dance ability. That’s a deliberate strategy by management, which could be considered sleazy and makes it harder to hold up as “serious art.” I’m personally indifferent to J-pop style music in general, so I don’t feel qualified to judge Nogi's music; there’s only a few Nogi songs I really like. That being said, Nogizaka is ultimately a pop group making pop songs. It doesn’t have to be the greatest music in Japan. (That title obviously goes to Da Pump’s USA.)

Nick from Nogieigo did a Slope podcast interview where he said that in Japan’s entertainment industry, people talk shit about each other a lot. But even so, nobody talks shit about idols, not even in private. Everyone knows that the idols are taking their jobs on TV, but they all recognize that the girls themselves are hardworking and earnest. I don’t know if it’s different in the music industry.

The closest Western style is “preppy” fashion. Casual wear, but with elements of upper-class formal clothing like collars, ties, blazers, originating from Ivy League colleges. There’s nice examples in Gossip Girl. School uniforms in Japan were adopted from actual navy sailor uniforms, so they naturally convey a degree of class and formality. Most Nogi uniforms look like student cosplay, but the brown uniforms aren't as obvious, so they might pass as streetwear in a fashion-forward city like Tokyo. If you're asking if the design itself is good... I don't actually have an eye for fashion. They remind me of the Yukiko-tan coffee mascots, whose art designs were chosen out of thousands, so… I guess that means it’s good?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1