1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    For many years, opening ceremonies were nothing else than an "exhibition" of the host country's culture and achievements. Japan is one of the richest countries in the world in both culture and achievements and I could easily think of thematic content to fill hours and hours of interesting show in such a huge event.

Apart from the greatly respected and more widespread medieval culture and technological achievements, modern pop culture like idol groups, anime, manga, cosplay and J-pop are inherent part of their culture, which is also attractive and at least kawaii (if not utterly beautiful). Also their music production is huge and (at least for my European ears) very fresh in melodic lines. The British made me cringe after having nurses and doctors dance around describing their National Health System (which was really successful, a model for the rest of the world). It was their achievement and they found a way to tell about it proudly in such an even as the opening ceremony of the Olympics. They talked about their NHS to the whole world and I liked it (though a little macabre!).

So why can't Japan communicate idols? It is their invention and they are good at it. We enjoy them and I'm sure that there will be millions around the globe that will see idols for the first time and like them as well.

On the other hand I'm sure that all international fans would love to have the opportunity to enjoy them in concerts in Europe or the US but unfortunately this is still ... wishful thinking! But maybe after the exposure in an Olympics opening ceremony, new prospects may arise...

Now as for which group... That's hard to tell. I would love to see Keyaki perform at the opening ceremony, although my opinion is biased. Ideally all groups (a mixed 48, Nogi, Kayaki and Hinata) would deserve a place.

2. DIO

DIO Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaaya
    for Olympics opening surely someone big dog in Japanese music industries like Yoshiki x-japan,Tomoyasu Hotei,Masaharu Fukuyama.Go Hiromi,Southern All Stars.Exile or even maybe PPAP guy(?) and i here just listing A-list male performers...SMAP and Arashi already disband...For female Artist Perfume became the first J-Pop act to ever take the stage at the Coachella so maybe them on the list...For idol Many thing/Issues happen on them not just 48/46 also today Junnosuke Taguchi, ex-member of Japanese boy band Kat-tun, arrested over marijuana possession.Many issues that can influence them to not involved idol in Olympics..

Also not surprising me if they using Japanese Anime icon like Pikachu,Doraemon,Conan.Hello kitty,Gundam etc....We already see on how Detective Conan Film Topples Avengers: Endgame's Box Office Reign In Japan....The power of Anime...

3. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi

That's so great! Congrats to the girls! :1st: I'll never stop to love that album; it was my very first and I had to wait for the only Amazon jpn copy to be avaliable, back in the days [hehe]:cold:

Also, thanks everyone for the answers! I too think they are gonna go for big names and surely anime/games but who knows, since usually the history of the country is told during Opening there may be a small section for idols too towards the end. I'd like to see LGM there too but my knowledge is so limited compared to the whole idol world that there may be many others I don't really know about that could be part of the Event.
    SakamichiAKB is my bet right now... and seeing how Aki-p presented 48gg at the MAMA before PD48 (if I'm not wrong) he could really go big with like 600 idols all together at once :eek:

Edit: My TL is full of Keyaki 2nd gen clips RN :cute: the girls were quite good... but it would be even better if I could see the whole thing.....

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Onchika (TV Osaka) aired Omotenashikai.

Part 1~5
    https://twitter.com/Camera2Teihen/status/1131610838463180800?s=19

https://twitter.com/Camera2Teihen/status/1131611601700700160?s=19

https://twitter.com/Camera2Teihen/status/1131612831009263616?s=19

https://twitter.com/Camera2Teihen/status/1131614273065459712?s=19

https://twitter.com/Camera2Teihen/status/1131615171678359552?s=19

They found their home in Keyaki, it just sounds a bit funny on W-Keya performance when it's not happy aura you should expect from them. Fans are joking about funeral vibe because it's so Keyaki of what they have become and you need members who are in this mood. They have good expression for being rookies and probably need some adjustment with song practice. But that will come later, Omotenashikai is about to show new members for fans and have fun.

Some fan recorded a clip of when Hiichan used a high voice
    https://twitter.com/nerumiirisa_usj/status/1131610330025451520?s=19

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. hibana

hibana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tamura Hono
    none of them seemed awkward doing brighter songs, quite the contrary. matsurina looked especially cute to me, she has such a great smile
    other things that surprised me were ten's expresions and overall aura during kaze ni and the contrast between the shy karin we see on keyakake and the focused karin i saw during these performances (after all she's been dancing for years and the stage must feel familiar to her). takeyui's glass wo ware and hikaru's ambivalent were pretty good too!! i see a lot of potential here.
    i think keyaki got lucky with this gen

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

^ completely agree.

Ten and Karin.. These girls just radiate the Keyaki vibe. Couldn't be happier they joined the group.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Frans48

Frans48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Talking about Japan record, im still wondering why keyaki nominated Kaze ni instead Fukyowaon while Nogi nominated Influencer instead Itsuka Dekirukara Kyou Dekiru.
    Is this related to CD sales or something?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Where will Keyaki go from here? I read ROJ interview with Techi where she said music is she greatly influenced by. Since Fukyouwaon she started to be able to speak what's in her mind. More and more members have started to do the same. Miichan regretted she had a weak heart up until now she couldn't speak up. What was made yesterday is not something they look at. Like Techi said, thanks to Keyaki she can "look forward" and stop looking back to the past. It has been more clear and the group has matured and knows what they want to do. Techi feels lucky she can meet good teachers like AkiP, Takahiro and director Shinguu.

Before Budokan she didn't wanted fans to think that was Keyaki. I kind of agree with her view. The more songs they release the more they will step away from early era songs. This has been an establishment for Sakamichi once they find their image they look forward and develop further. Nogi for example was very girly in their early days but has grown up and become classy beauties. In Keyaki's case they were girly but have grown up and want to express the songs and tell that story through the choreo they found around Fukyouwaon and has cleaned up and made less cute unit songs and classic idol units. Budokan only had Futari Saison from the early era (2016) but it's only a matter of time before that one never get performed again due to so many songs they will have in the future.

I was from the very start into a long set list but that doesn't make any sense for what Keyaki has shown since 2017. Cutted 39 songs and a medley of it is not Keyaki. They perform full versions and give us an artistic show filled with shock performances. It's what Takahiro said about Keyaki's choreo this year it's about to be watched and Hinata's is about participation (classic idol). This brings us again to Techi on "fans should not think this is Keyaki". She wants fans to reset the time and forget what happened in the early era. She doesn't want fans to compare Keyaki songs with Hinata songs and get confused. Tokimeki Sou got fans to compare to Kanji songs because it was cool and happy which early Kanji was when they were girly. Katoshi said last year Kanji-sans show difference from their songs since Fukyouwaon. She think it was not easy for Kanji-sans to find themselves from their debut and went with safe cards and put the more uncertain songs on B-side.

Since Kuroi Hitsuji units have become more expressionists, they were still doing Ozeki/Neru/Miichan unit on Ambivalent but it was lacking on Kuroi Hitsuji except for Neru's cute and different solo song. Akanen and Yuuka have become adults and grown up from their cheerful "Aozora to MARRY" unit and turned into mysterious sexyness. Ozeki, Pe-chan, Ue and Naako formed Shoujo friends and gave us a depressing christmas song in the darkest time of the year. We usually get cheerful christmas songs from idols but not Keyaki. We are not flawless, we have terrible moments or memories we try to keep for ourselves. People relate to such problems. Songs touch your feelings no matter if you are a wota or a non-wota.

Zenkoku arena tour final in 2017 at Makuhari Messe is a good receipt of what was good and what doesn't belong there now. This was the first concert they tried "shock performance" and tried to tell stories through the choreo and other performances.

if the video does not show watch the video here

How Jibun no Hitsugi (My coffin) and Fukyouwaon were staged they used their acting skills and expressions to achieve the dark tone of them.

The "not so fitting now" comes to the unit songs. AM1:27 is brilliant. Ballet to Shounen characterized Aotan what she is for a person and her ballet skills. Then the rest are classic idol and all of them from the first album which is obvious because it's a album tour. Keyaki was shared with Gana on the first album which gave us happy aura and these kind of unit songs along with a happy choir song, Taiyou wa. Members have now expressed to do a new choir song and it will probably more toned down than Taiyou wa was to avoid collision with Hinata songs.

• Like Like x 3
  10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I have clearly not been paying enough attention to the 2gens. They were fantastic in the Onchika feature of their Omotenashikai. They sometimes looked like a dance team. Chosen to be able to keep up with Keyaki dance, it appears. And yes, Karin and Ten-chan have "it." I didn't like Ten-chan in her auditions, and Karin was pretty dark in the hidden camera session. But put them on stage and wow! Some Japanese posts directed me to Matsudaira-san's comedy, too. She (and her mother) were hilarious on the last KeyaKake.

And I've been thinking for a while now that the 2gens I like best are Matsuda and Morita....

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. hibana

hibana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tamura Hono
    karin sent a message in mobame today where she mentioned she finished shooting something. yumiko and hono also made comments about their catering... could 9th single be on its way?

12. Tanoichan

Tanoichan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Harada Aoi
    Mmm...I think Kaze ni is a better song than Fukyouwaon. I like the performance more than the song itself.

13. Frans48

Frans48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    We cant say for sure which song is best from the other songs. All depend on personal taste.
    I like Kaze ni too but i think Fukyouwaon is the best Keyaki song till this point.
    Im just wondering how the song got chosen at JRA. If the artist can freely pick one of their song to be nominated, then somehow i understand Nogi pick Influencer instead Nigemizu & Itsuka Dekiru despite that Influencer is their 1st single in 2017.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    2nd gen performance is fantastic, their personality is good, and they have unique characters (especially Matsudaira lol). TakeYui center is cool, as expected since she is known as a good dancer. I think I've decided to make Morita kun my oshi. She's abundant in talent (drawing, taiko, drum, dance) and her hidden side is funny :D

15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Takemoto Yui says that Saitou Fuyuka watches videos of the 2gens' lessons and sends each person LINE messages giving then tips. Good for Fuu-chan.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Rev4

Rev4 Member

As much as I rather wanted an album I also think it was unrealistic due to 2gen just joining and Zuumin/Neru graduates. Aside from Kaze ni fukarete mo, Hiraishin, Garasu wo Ware!, Moumori e kaerouka?, Ambivalent, Student Dance, I'm out, Kuroi Hitsuji and Nobody they have some unit/solo songs they want to remove like Aozora to MARRY, Yuichans, Ozeki/Neru/Miichan, Zuumin's/Neru's solo song. 9 senbatsu songs might not be enough to bring out an album this year and they probably want to build from these 9 senbatsu songs with a 9th single.

I'll say after 11th single they will release their 2nd album next year. 2gen must nail Keyaki's colours first.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    After watching the Onchika extracts by Rev4 (btw thank you very much for uploading these, you saved me from my "drought" for not being able to see any kind of performance by 2gen), I am convinced that 2gen material is TOP class. Recruiting psychologists / profilers / evaluators have actually made a perfect job in selecting 9 diamonds. And this is not only regarding their performance, which is great. It has also to do on the "charisma" of each girl, their special treats or features, characteristics that set them aside as unique personalities.

As I've said already, I personally find it hard to oshi one girl among the others in Keyaki. The same applies to 2nd gen... For me Fuu-chan is just 1st among equals regarding 1gen. For 2gen Hii-chan and Marina are 1st among equals as in my eyes, each girl has something special:

Inoue Rina: That girl smiles with her eyes more than with her smile. Maybe the cleverest face and most expressive eyes of all reveal high IQ and a flamboyant character that promises great things!
    Takemoto Yui: The imouto of our dreams. The face that invokes the strongest urge to squish like a plushie! Also a strong contestant for being one of the top-dancers of the group.
    Tamura Hono: One of the prettiest Japanese faces for a girl! A larger-sized muu-chan-like fairy!
    Seki Yumiko: Maybe the face with the perfect details and proportions, a real prototype! She represents the calm power of the group, a dependent respectable person.
    Matsuda Rina: This girl has the most intense adult-like vibes. For me, she's the real oujo-sama in the group! ...Also the next captain for sure!
    Fujiyoshi Karin: A finest piece of Delft porcelain... Please handle with care, she's too fragile and precious! Also, I sense there are nerves and determination made of steel behind...
    Matsudaira Riko: This girl is very smart... Bit by bit she has build an image of "strangeness" that make her the focus of attention... Worth it? Absolutely... Also I am looking forward for a Rikopi-Pechan interaction. Hydrogen and Fluoride?
    Morita Hikaru: As I have foreseen, stages are shaking and rumbling under her little feet! This girl with the contralto voice, so atypical of her height, is powerful, a pocket-size volcano!
    Yamasaki Ten: She is the future. She is much more adult than her age and therefore the hardest to judge. She is definitely adorable and for me she is the future center of the group!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Tanoichan

Tanoichan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Harada Aoi
    I think fukyouwaon is the worst till this point but as you said, it depends on taste. I like fukyouwaon, but i prefer the other songs much more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I think I have grown out of their first three A-side singles. Nowadays I prefer Kimi ga Inai, Kataru nara mirai wo and Otona wa Shinjite kurenai. They are early era songs but not the songs they pushed over Saimajo, Sekai and Futari Saison. When I got into Keyaki I thought nothing beats Saimajo, Sekai and Futari Saison but I was wrong as soon as the first album came out I preferred their dramatic side like Getsuyoubi no Asa skirt and Kimi wo mou sagasanai. Techi's solo song, Jibun no Hitsugi, was even better than PARCO, and performed live it was a shock.

Go back to 2017 it's a big contrast between 1st Birthday Live, Keyaki Republic and Zenkoku arena tour final. You can see they still have a traditional idol group style from 2016 at Republic. However, the album made things changed for their album tour. Fukyouwaon was a game changer for Keyaki, that single alone put more bold songs on the A-side for future singles. You could dare to say it helped Keyaki to find their image to step away from safe cards in 2016.

I'm one of those who prefer Hiraishin over Kaze ni fukarete mo and Moumori e kaerou ka? over Garasu wo Ware!. Ambivalent was the first single to go full dark with senbatsu songs from Kanji. I'm glad they performed all senbatsu songs from Ambivalent single at Budokan. I'm out and Student Dance are very underrated gems.

Fukyouwaon is not the best as studio version but performed live is indescribable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

• Creative Creative x 1