1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    As Rev4 said, their first 3 A-side singles were the "starting point" for the group. They set-up the mood and the line, across which this particular group were about to follow: a darker, more mature and intellectual aura that would apply more to peoples' minds not only hearts and sentiments and target a different, wider audience compared to the traditional AKB style.

Also I would agree that it is through compositions like Hiraishin, Mou mori e karou ka, Getsuyobi and the older Kimi ga Inai, that the aura of Keyaki is at its "brightest" and, of course, at its best. Hiraishin and Mou Mori are maybe the most emblematic or most representative of all what Keyaki really is... Pieces where strong rhythm exists but in the background just to support amazing melodic lines. For both, melody is king, eerie and ethereal, almost surrealistic. To that the girls' voices emphasize that narrative style of the songs. Both are two masterpieces exerting dark atmosphere (even without having seen the videos), melancholy but hidden dynamism. Hiraishin is also backed-up by a choreography that I consider absolutely brilliant, one of the best from the group.

Getsuyobi is a slap in the face for the nice, girly and fluffy image of idol-ship while Kimi ga inai is for me one of the very top songs regarding its musical composition. Its austere rhythmic pattern, almost spartan in discipline, resembles a sombre parade, while its staccato melody following unexpected lines is always extremely appealing to the ear. It reminds me of the chorus interludes in ancient Greek tragedies. The song amazes me as being "polyrhythmic" as I follow both a 3/4 and a 4/4 rhythm at the same time.

But for me the turning point was Eccentric... A piece combining rap with pop and jazz after-tastes (through its amazing piano). That was the bridge that signaled the transition from the first 3 singles to the more intelligent pieces that followed. Eccentric is also (always from my personal viewpoint) one of the highest choreographic peaks of the group. The "imposed" ugliness of ape-like dancing almost at four legs (the point where the girls are moving sidewards, while bending with lose hands) and the overhead hands' shaking (like grass in the wind) with all its "implications" of paranoia, are pure GENIOUS... Great job Takahiro sensei!!! And great job from the girls that managed to bring to life this choreographic piece of art!

Ambivalent is also high in my list for being maybe the richest single of the group, in the sense that while not top, is strong both at music and dance and brings forward the "martial" element of the girls way much better than the stylized garasu wo ware, which is more mainstream in its hard rock connotations and the visual storytelling of many Japanese dramas with action in abandoned buildings. Ambivalent is wild and cataclysmic a real evolution from Fukyouwaon which looks like its predecessor, the "experiment" before the real deal that is Ambivalent.

Kuroi Hitsuji is a result of natural evolution. It simply combines styles and "learnings" from the past and I just hope that it will be the new bridge for more exciting singles to come...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GenKelC

GenKelC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    Karin was in a dance team before joining Keyaki, no?

I agree in everything you say, but also I feel like most of the people are understimating, how awesome and great Kurio Hitsuji it is, for me is the best song so far of Keyaki, and I love all of them, but, I just cant stop repeating the song and the video, theres this part of the choreo itself that are pure magic, you all should watch the whole/complete video of the choreo, is just perfect!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka

Unfortunately the only video with the choreo I could find was one on YouTube with an overall duration of 2:57. I'm sure there must be another or one from a live but I cannot find anything else. From what I saw, you are right, it is probably the most "collective" choreo, one that is closer to more clear / classic forms suited for a group. I especially found the point where everyone started pointing at Pon(?) instead of Tecchi just for showing empathy with Tecchi, was just awesome. If there is a link for another video please let me know.

As for the song itself, of course I consider it to be among their very best, if not the best so far. However, even at hearing it (after its leak, before the MV was released) it was overflowing with sadness to the point of being painful... What I tried to say is that it is the culmination of what they did so far, but it will certainly not be their highest point in their story-line. This sadness seems to me to be like an exorcism of the painful 2018 and a farewell to the departed members and, at the same time is a new beginning for what is about to come.

PS. When I first saw the MV for the Kuroi Hitsuji I was really scared... I though it was preparing us for the departure of Tecchi and although I am not as crazy about Tecchi as most of her fans, I recognize in her the most charismatic center ever in all idol groups I have ever seen. Charisma overflows from that girl and I would have been very sad to see her go. Especially knowing that Keyaki is so stressful for her body (and possibly mind) at an age where her (muscular-skeletal) development towards adulthood is not yet over. I am glad these fears were in my imagination only.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GenKelC

GenKelC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    True, sorry I cant express myself well typing in english, but yeah, when you see the full performnace of Kuroi Hitsuji by Keyaki you realize how much this girls have climb and become so good at "expressing" with ther dance moves, theres no other idol group like this, with every new video and song of keyaki they just keep amazing me and becoming better and better

heres the link I found it, this is just perfection!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Keyakizaka46/comments/b4llek/kuroi_hitsuji_full_performance_sakamichi_tv/

5. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Keyaki has such a unique artistic vision for jpop. It's the group you are getting excited for future songs of what will come next. Not only the songs but also choreo and how they will set up concerts from now. Excited for the new members to join and absorb the senbatsu.

They got happy aura out of the group as they wanted. Budokan did performed Futari Saison again but overall the set list was full of songs fans would consider Keyaki according to Techi's interview with ROJ. Staging was a mystery which symbolized life of three years for the group. Every other groups decor the stage with happy and cute symbols. The more songs they release the less chance mngmt can put Saimajo, Sekai and Futari Saison on the set list. They perform full versions of songs which had the record of 24 songs with W-encore for them at 2nd annila. That was because they combined with unit songs. Perform 17 senbatsu songs like they did last day at Budokan is tough.

Kuroi Hitsuji single had the last happy aura from Hinata even though none of the units were cute and happy anymore. With Zuumin graduating and now Neru they seem to head towards of what they become. If you don't want this drama there is always Hinata that can put a smile on your face. But this classic idol stuff they started with was a waste of time for their acting skills. When I saw their Kuroi Hitsuji campaign I was very moved by how this song means a lot for the members. 2gen members were impressed when they saw it for the first time and was grateful to have join such great group. They said it was the best song so far Keyaki has made. Karin and Tenchan said after Budokan how other songs paid attention to them when they were performed. They didn't think "I'm out" was that good so now they will listen more to it. The song is about nihilism.

As I have mentioned before fans have spotted AkiP and Konno on the last day of Republic 2018. They weren't there in 2017. And now they go to last day of Budokan. Why they are doing this is to observe the group for both outdoor and indoor concert. What is Keyaki's colours on a bigger stage. Fanbase has grown and it's time to prepare them for bigger stage and branch out variety show to Kansai in meaning to reach national TV goal in the future.

Fuji-Q Highland for Republic and end the Zenkoku tour at Makuhari Messe Exhibition hall 1-3 are getting too small for their fanbase. They have done this two years in a row now. More people want to go and see them. They have passed the Budokan test and want also to follow their own path.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    • Old Old x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. hibana

hibana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tamura Hono
    sapporo high school band performing fukyouwaon while dancing, really cool
    link here

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rev4

Rev4 Member

From Nijika's BLT interview (July 2019 edition). It's long so I focused on Budokan part.

Keyaki's protagonist is showing their weak side in Kuroi Hitsuji compared to their other songs. They wanted to show a contrast to a set list with songs of strong side at Budokan and chose to have Kuroi Hitsuji as the encore on the last day. They wanted to send out a message of "It's okay for you to not always be strong".

With the credit roll at the end of concert they wanted to give a concept for the audience this time that it feels like they are watching a movie. The reason why they performed Abunakkashii Keikaku in the beginning is to give some sort of continuation from Osaka. Nijika wanted to bring back Otona wa Shinjite kurenai as they haven't performed that song in a while. She has hard time to pick a favourite Keyaki song because all of them are great in their own way and she even feel though that their latest songs are just getting better and better.

Karin become a center in the middle of Kimi wo mou sagasanai is only the present Keyaki can do. Fuuchan is the leader of the pack when it comes to choreo. She always send a review to every member so they can improve their performance.

The credit roll at Budokan didn't just give the name of the members but also name of the staffs. It will show the audience what role the staffs have been part of. "Team Keyakizaka" does not consist only of the members but also the staffs.

Nijika does also still see graduated members as a member of Keyaki. They don't work together anymore but in her heart the three of them are still there. When she performs she will remember the graduated members. In the end she wants to look forward and work even harder for the future with 2gen. She is very excited.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

You echo my thoughts on Keya's 2nd gen. Inoue's "eye smile" is truly captivating. Matsuda definitely has those leader vibes, she is the one that usually speaks first in the 2nd gen group. Only a matter of time before Seki is walking the modeling runways next to Risa, she's the cool beauty of 2nd gen. Karin and Hikari are future pocket powerhouses. And Ten, certainly future center. So much potential in this 2nd gen!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Does anyone know what happened to Keyaki showroom special?

if the video does not show watch the video here

It was always the showroom for important announcements within Keyaki. They did a last one for Gana changed name, debut countdown live info and 1st single. But we haven't seen that Keyaki wall since last year. Something like 3rd annila and Omotenashikai for 2gen you announced in the showroom special but they didn't. It was announced at the national handshake event instead where I can never remember they have announced things before.

And now ten popular Keyaki members are going to make important announcement(s) in the magazine "non-no". Didn't said when. Doesn't more people watch showroom special than reading non-no? I'm not a fan of this move lately.

10. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I haven't heard of any special announcement in non-no, just that the 10 most popular members (excluding Techi most likely) will appear in the magazine. I highly doubt they'll announce anything in a mag. Last time they did a joint showroom was the Kuroi Hitsuji front members around the release date, but there was nothing special in it.

11. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I worried for nothing. I hope there is a showroom special end of the weekend or next week. But I can't compare to last year when they made their special announcements on June 16 in 2017. Last year just happened to be soon as June 3.

Fans are also speculating last year's Republic on DVD/BD will be announced on the last day at this year's Republic. It definitely is their main concert of the year when Nogi only has bdl and Zenkoku tour and Nogi's mngmt prioritize bdl since 1st bdl was released on DVD/BD in 2014. Keyaki does annila, Republic and Zenkoku tour. Keyaki's mngmt put more effort into Republic because they will release it on DVD and BD. I know there are fans asking for 3rd annila at Budokan on DVD/BD but it doesn't seems to happen if they put all eggs in Republic like Nogi's mngmt does for bdl.

It would be kind of strange to start to care about annila if they didn't do it with the first one. Maybe it was planned to be released on DVD/BD but Techi and members suggested a festival-like concept in the summer that become Republic which apparently got the eyes of the mngmt and soon ended up as group's main concert instead of annila.

There are exceptions though. Nogi released Zenkoku summer tour final in Tokyo Dome just because it was in Tokyo Dome for the first time for Nogi so it was a special moment. But otherwise it's mainly bdl.

12. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

• Like Like x 3
  13. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Sorry the late post. Dani-chan and the beautiful Shii-chan (and her laugh attack) on Yuugata Paradise. Really funny show.

Not my record. Thanks and credits to my friend.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Zaebore

Zaebore Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takamoto Ayaka
    A Japanese girl's story about her experience of taking the first Keyakizaka46 audition.

It's always interesting to hear these types of stories and hope all of you can enjoy it too.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    She seems kawaii and introvert enough to be of Keyaki "aura". As my japanese are still far behind for me to understand what she narrated, could someone pls let us know (in three lines, no more) what happened, for which gen she auditioned and why she was not selected?
    Many thanks in advance...!

16. Zaebore

Zaebore Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takamoto Ayaka
    I'm no expert in Japanese language but I know just the minimum amount and based on the video she said she took the audition where there were many evaluations such as singing, dancing, pr, etc and she has met some current Keyakizaka members including Techi herself. She auditioned for the first gen and she passed all the rounds up until the final examination and upon hearing the numbers the judges were saying, to be the current Keyakizaka members that we know today, her number was not picked and instead it was the people beside her being Sugai Yuuka and Watanabe Rika. As for the reason she didn't pass is due to her self evaluation (being frustrated, lacking qualities, not bright enough etc.)? I'm not entirely sure about this but this is the conclusion I have come up with and afterwards she said that she is glad on taking the auditions as she is able to regain focus and prioritize things that she wants to do like Youtube and personal life. It ended up being more than three lines sorry.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Beyond frustrating the snail level pace that management releases these DVDs/Blu-rays.

I would like to see both 3rd anniv live AND the upcoming Keyaki Republic 2019 to eventually be released in DVD/Blu-Ray. This year's 3rd anniv live was undoubtedly a special moment for the group, seeing how much the members have always wanted to perform at Budokan and the intro of 2nd gen. Based on last year's Oricon ranking, Keyaki Republic 2017 DVD had outstanding sales, even outselling both Nogi's BD live and Zenkoku tour DVDs, despite being released much later in the year. No doubt that this year's DVDs would be a huge hit as well, especially with the hype 2nd gen is generating. Not to mention, fans have been thirsting for concert materials for a while now.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Rev4

Rev4 Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. mchellelz

mchellelz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Iamyoung