1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

CGM48 - BNK48 New Sister Group in Chiang Mai

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by Wade & Wander, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Today at their 'Thank You & The Beginner' event in Chiang Mai, BNK48 announced that they will be launching a new sister group in Chiang Mai.

The group is said to be supported by & has the official approval from AKS.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
  3. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    I don't know how to feel about this...
    Hahaha...I mean people were expecting a surprise announcement today, but something like the release of BNK48 Oshi Festival, MV for Where We Belong/Let U Go, New Digital Studio Lineup, etc...

So this kinda blew everything out of the water.
    I won't lie, I did NOT see this one coming...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    While I did not see this coming... I'm all for it. With what BNK have given me so far an expansion is only going to keep me hooked more. :D

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    The success of BNK48 creates a problem for the management...
    Members become too strong and powerful and may start demanding too much money.
    The solution? Make a new group in order to "weaken" the members of the original group.
    I always thought that this was the original reason why SKE48 was formed (AKB48 members were becoming too popular).

6. Arigatou means Thank You

Arigatou means Thank You Kenkyuusei

This time is a legal group right ? ;)
    As I can see AKB48 follow it from IG, but IDK if they will follow BNK or AKB.
    Opinion: It's too fast to open a new sisgroup since BNK still just has a team and two generation in there, and of course few songs. I prefer if they hold up that sisgroup until the next one to two years. JKT and AKB need three until four years to make its group ready.

• Old Old x 2
  7. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I wonder if they'll have members from BNK transferred to CGM or at least a kennin position.

8. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    I didn't agree with it initially, but the more I think about it, the more I understand where it's coming from. I think BNK has been trying to expand the market outside Bangkok, but it hasn't been effective so far.

I think they were deciding between accepting 3rd Gen or launching a sister group.

If they accept 3rd Gen, they would be bringing in new girls competing for the same limited market that already exists. This means even fewer girls have an opportunity to shine.
    However, if they launch a sister group based in another region, they will be able to expand into a new region that will have their fan base there.
    This will also give more opportunities for the girls to come to the front, including existing members who may wish to transfer north.
    It will also allow them to experiment & be more risky without hurting the core BNK brand.

The more I think about it, I understand why they decided on this option.

Given the audition period, I think we will see first gen before the end of this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Who edited stage48 wiki? CGM48 is in AKB48 Group, not BNK48 Group. :^^;:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    I think is better for this sister group to choose song from ske nmb or hkt to bring another color... if they want to make the difference with the bnk group

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Sosuke Pochaco

Sosuke Pochaco Kenkyuusei

I have question will cgm just do covers of akb songs ( they could just cover ske songs since they 2nd sister group) or they will bnk start releasing more original songs and let cgm just do cover?

12. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I guess this somehow explains the 2 singles and 1 album only this year, no 2nd ssk, no 3rd gen...
    All for the formation of this group, they needed the budget for it

13. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    - To me, Its a little bit too early but I'm OK with it since Chiang Mai has the Largest group of fans(If we didn'y count Bangkok).

- and Maybe they try to gain fans back from SY51. which is Idol group based in Chiang Mai.
    (little fact; Ratah and Niky are former in SY51, But before they debut as chika idol).

if the video does not show watch the video here

- I think this is part of reason that BNK48 didn't do 3rd Gen audition this year.

No further details, Just date of audition and SNS of CGM48

You can watch around 1.50 hr mark, He's from AKS.
    https://www.facebook.com/bnk48official/videos/374116009898973/

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    SY51 are very popular in Thailand??? because their best MV have 500k even sweat16 have better view than this group...
    I think CMG have a better chance to be popular if the management make the right decision... they have to choose a right style not the same than bnk

15. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Not at all, Not even one group besides BNK48 that popular among causal fans. There always someone asked is this BNK48? when other group perform. lol
    But SY51 is the only group that not based in Bangkok.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. welp

welp Next Girls

Rumors
    CGM is the project initiated by AKS, not RAM. It will be managed by a different company. Thus, it will be directly AKB's sister group.
    The new company is co-investment between AKS and a local partner not RAM.
    - AKS will have more shares in this new company than in BNK Office thus, more control on this new group. (Shares of BK Office are held by RAM, AKS and others with AKS holds only 10% of all shares.)

Concerns and informations
    - No one understands why the group's color is turquoise blue. The flower of Chiangmai is 'flame of the forest' whose color lives up to its name.
    [​IMG]
    - Indeed, Chiangmai's abbreviation for flight traffic (airport code) is CNX.
    - The economic size of all cities in the north combined is not even 1/4 of Bangkok. In 2018, GDP of the northern area is ~666 million THB, metropolitan area (Bangkok and neighbouring cities) ~5 billion THB.
    - Last year, a fan asked Job about Chiangmai and Job said, after a survey, they found the market was too small thus they just aimed for another fish tank.
    - If I understand correctly, Chiangmai has quite a number of Japanese expats, third biggest number after Bangkok and Chonburi. However, most of these expats are post-retirement elderlies living long stay there.
    - RAM has close relationship with The Mall thus, BNK's theater sites in The Mall Bangkapi. However, The Mall has no branch mall in Chiangmai.
    - The far north area of Thailand called Lanna has strong cultural identity.
    - BNK's members from Lanna are Pupe, Aom, Niky, Rata and Fai.
    - As Red13 said, there is already a Chiangmai based girl group SY51 (Somei Yoshino 51) who has just revealed its first batch of 'trainees' and just dropped the MV for National Anti-Corruption Commission's anti-corruption campaign which gained 20k views in a day. This group seems to do fairly well and is growing. SY51 uses local (Chiangmai) music producer and MV director.
    - Due to the rumor about the management team, some fans speculated if this was AKS' attempt to take over Thai market from RAM.
    - Due to small economic size of the north, inevitably, just like SY51, CMG will have to fight for some Bangkok market share from BNK.
    - The level of competitiveness among members will soar. Less popular/new members will fall in a harsher condition.
    - The agency might have planned that, if CGM failed hard, it would be disbanded and BNK would absorbed its members.

This group possibly is mainly funded by AKS. Not like a single production+promotion is that costly.

17. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    So CMG is a possible treat for this group

18. onego123

onego123 Member

Remember, SKE was formed when AKB was only 3, and didn't release their debut single until the following year. While I'm shocked I'm not sure if I agree with people saying it's to soon. I've seen from several different sources that AKS will manage this group with another local company(not RAM). Whoever edited the wikia maybe jumped the gun a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the SY51 members leave to join CGM.
    Auditions are from June 15th - July 15th.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Surabaya

Surabaya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    If AKS approves this... Hanoi in Vietnam could have a sister group in the future, as announced by the head of SGO48.
    I like that there is a second group in Thailand. :)

20. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I'm surprised. How interesting!