1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

CGM48 - BNK48 New Sister Group in Chiang Mai

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by Wade & Wander, Jun 2, 2019.

1. welp

welp Next Girls

Another rumor
    - A fan said Namsai said CGM would get a kennin member from Japan.

I wish CMG will sing in Lanna dialect, so called "Kammuang". (SY51 sings in Bangkok dialect.)

2. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Hope they do other sister group songs. SKE, NMB, & HKT have so many great songs. And NGT + STU have some nice stuff as well

From the sounds of it, this sounds more like a rival group then sister group

Though they’ll likely still have collabs & such

Maybe SGO will get a sister group in Hanoi. And AKB48 Team SH could definitely get other teams

That’s great. Izurina benefited a lot off of this, so another girl getting another chance overseas would be nice

3. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    A lot of rumor everywhere, and didn't have any reliable source(like AKS is the one whos going to manage CGM48) so please take a grind of salt.

Some article about CGM48
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2136768/
    https://mdpr.jp/music/detail/1842250

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    from AKB48-th page.
    Green colour in CGM48 represent Forest resources of Chiang Mai.
    and CGM48 are manage by BNK48 office same as BNK48
    https://www.facebook.com/345055269235732/posts/568610236880233/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and CGM48 are now on AKB48 website.
    Untitled.png

Jurina just tweet about #CGM48 but she's put #OGM48 instead. lol and she's already apologized for this one.

ニュースみてびっくりした!!
    #OGM48 楽しみ

タイいきタイ
    https://twitter.com/JURINA38G/status/1135488796542218243
    https://twitter.com/JURINA38G/status/1135494127930372096

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  4. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I dont think CGM will sing in Northern Dialect, even though its based in Chiangmai the market is still the whole country and they will have to travel to Bangkok often anyways. That said given the economy size, BNK48 Team CM would be a better idea. CGM cant afford to have 3 full teams anyways.

5. saniam

saniam Kenkyuusei

So i think it's fine to say that CGM48 it's the first local sister group of BNK48, 9th international sister group of AKB48, and the 2nd Thai sister group.

As long as AKB48 is mentioned to stress that CGM48 is also part of AKB48 group. Therefore if you're agree with this then I think it's okay to put that on stage48wiki.

Although it is still ambiguous to say that BNK48 is the mother of 48 groups in Thailand(for CGM48 case), and it is very likely that AKB48 is the mother of 48 group in the world. But it is absolutely sure that BNK48 and CGM48 are related to each other, such as the joint concert using the name of BNK48, because it is the first established group in Thailand (my opinion)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  6. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I am not that knowledgeable enough about Thailand entertainment industry but is Chiang Mai able to sustain 48Group there? If CGM48 still based on Bangkok, is it mean that CGM48 and BNK48 will compete for the same market?

7. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Chiangmai or Northern region isnt big enough to sustain the group (which also applies for other regions). I would say CGM still has to do half their activities in Bangkok. As for the market, they still need to compete with each other anyways since Bangkok is the hub for everything.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

That looks like the establishment of CGM48 is a very risky business decision.

9. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    There’s SY51 which is a Chang Mai based girl group. But yeah while CGM48 was made to reach northern Thailand, they’ll likely still promote in Bangkok as well.

CGM48 is the best opportunity to have sister group songs. There are a lot of good SKE, NMB, & HKT songs for them to use (NGT & STU are still new, so they don’t have much in general, but they have good songs too).

Wonder who will be the BNK kennin & AKB kaigai member tho.

10. saniam

saniam Kenkyuusei

Oh yeah I noticed there'll be BNK and CGM kennin

11. LiZiT

LiZiT Kenkyuusei

Regional-dialect song is quite popular e.g. in the future, if there is a new sister group somewhere in Northeastern Region, there might be an original song in local dialect.

(Northeastern) Isan-dialect song...

362M views

if the video does not show watch the video here

474M views

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    BTW, shouldn't this thread be on AKB48's News & Releases section?? :confused:

13. onego123

onego123 Member

CGM auditions are officially open: https://audition.cgm48official.com/
    Audition Rules(according to Google Translate):
    1. The applicant must not have any contract with the camp or the applicant must be able to finish the contract with the original camp. Obtained before August 31, 2019
    2. Information that all applicants fill in Must be true only
    3. The applicant must not disclose any information received from the application, such as date, time and place of audition. Let the outsiders know.
    4. The applicant must not reveal himself as a candidate. Or as a finalist on a private or public social account
    5. The applicant is willing to open the Social Account of the applicant to be public. So that the team can check the history of the applicant
    6. If the applicant passes the CGM48 audition and is selected as a member Candidates are willing to follow all rules of the band. Including willing to close all existing Social Account

Candidates are willing to accept And follow all the above rules If the applicant does not follow the rules The applicant agrees to be disqualified from the audition. Or being prosecuted.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    CGM48 are going to held a press conference called "CGM48 We Need You Jao" on 10 August at MasterCard Cinema @ SF World Cinema, Central World in Bangkok.
    LJWt2mb.jpg

**We need you is the same name as first event of BNK48, While -Jao is a Northern accent like -la in Singapore.

15. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Another rumor(They said this from media invited info.)
    66041612_943380279327222_8173918265798557696_n.jpg

They gonna have 2 transfer members from BNK48(??)

16. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    WOAH. That would be big; I wonder who would go?
    One member I could see transferring, but two?!
    I'm not sure I can tell if the shadows are actual members or not... any guesses?

17. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Rumor for 2 members right now is Aom and Izurina(What??!!)

I disagree for transfer Izurina again. I don't want her to move to new place new environment again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Aom was my first thought on seeing those shadows; I could see that happening. She's an older member, been in senbatsu... in that respect maybe Cake would also work.

I agree with you about Izurina; that would be really unnecessary. Maybe if they wanted her as the pin like they did at the start of BNK, but then a concurrent position would be better.
    I would say Namsai or maybe even Jib would be better.

EDIT: So looking at members from Chiang Mai, you have Aom, Niky and Ratah. Aom still seems most likely.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  19. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Seeing how Koisuru Fortune Cookie was such a success for BNK48, I could see CGM48’s debut being Kokoro No Placecard.

20. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    CGM48 We Need You Jao

-
    Niky & Fifa on stage singing "Lao Duang Dean"
    D_HNRO7VUAAaaNf.jpg
    https://twitter.com/ac117noir/status/1148926511124062209

- After getting a good feedback from fans in Chiang Mai in every event, So they start interesting to create CGM48.
    - CGM48 is going to based in Chiang Mai.
    - Colour of CGM48 is mint leaf represent forestia in Chiang Mai.
    - CGM48 Facebook official fan page are already passed 100,000 likes.
    - Right now they got application form around 3,500, split by age of applicant.
    12-14 yos [~1750]
    15-17 yos [~1100]
    18-20 yos [~450]
    21-22 yos [~200]​
    and They have a form from foreigner around 100.
    - Aom and Izurina are going to transfer to CGM48.
    D_HUQq6VAAAPZSm.jpg
    - and Izurina is a new shihinin(Group Manager) of CGM48!!!.
    - while Aom is going to be CGM48 Captain.
    - First song is going to be CGM48

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 5