1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Movie / DVD Documentary of AKB48: A to Z 2016 [NHK BS Premium] (2016/10/21)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Duburin, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Duburin

Duburin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyawaki Sakura
    Hello everyone! I was unable to find a thread that covered this great documentary, and also had no luck finding English subtitles for it either. I personally really enjoyed watching it recently and thought others would too. Therefore, I worked to subtitle this 1 hr documentary in English and am making this thread to share it. I hope I made this post correctly, as I am fairly new to these forums.

This is a 1 hour behind the scenes documentary looking at truly emotional, interesting, and nostalgic events that took place in 2016 (generally). It is similar to the "AKB+1" and "AKB+1+10" bonus documentaries that currently exist with English subs, centering around keywords from "A to Z". This documentary is worth watching even if for just the one segment about Yamaguchi Maho at the Sports Meet starting at 39:25, in my opinion.

Below are links to the English subtitles I made in softsubs and hardsubs.

1) GDrive Softsub Download
    2)
    Raw found on aidoru.
    3) Online stream links on my twitter.

Notes About the Subtitles:
    Huge thanks to Raijin @Aidoru for uploading Japanese Softsubs, provided from the original NHK Premium stream I believe. My subtitles are not to be sold or profited from in any way, and should never be placed behind adwalls. If redistributed, edited, or re-translated into another language, please be sure to include me in credits. I chose not to subtitle/translate most of the on-screen name tags or location tags, as they didn't add much to the documentary when the dialogue already said the important points. I hope that doesn't take away from your viewing experience.

My Brief Review and Thoughts:
    This is one of the most enjoyable watches I have had in a long time from AKB. Notably, many of the members featured in this documentary have now blossomed in the modern day group rather than graduated entirely, which makes the time investment watching feel really worth it (compared to watching the 2011-2014 documentaries). It's great to see what has changed in their characters and also what has stayed the same.

Furthermore, this documentary has tons of interesting and lighthearted moments that are rarely seen in most AKB media, such as members freaking out getting their annual flu shots, the athletics meet, and other special events. It also has the epic victories (eg. Maho's Final Kick, Janken Tournament) and touching low points (eg. major members graduating, no fans at handshakes) that make for a compelling story. I think for even the most veteran fans, this documentary can show you something really fun and interesting. I hope you enjoy it as well!

I'm happy to be able to share this documentary in English subs with everyone. Please forgive any errors in translation. I would love to hear your thoughts after watching! Cheers.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 18
    • Like Like x 9
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thank you so much for doing this!! It's been so long since I've been able to watch an AKB documentary and fully understand it, so this is amazing. I really applaud you for your efforts!

• Like Like x 1
  3. vergil

vergil Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Thanks a lot for subbing. Really appreciate it. Looking forward to Documentary of AKB48: Sonzai Suru Riyuu as well. Just want to ask, once you're done subbing Documentary of AKB48: Sonzai Suru Riyuu, if you have the time, would it be possible to sub the other documentary like Documentary of NMB48: Dotonbori yo, Nakasetekure?

4. Duburin

Duburin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyawaki Sakura
    As much was I would love to see that documentary subbed as well, I don't know if I can be the one to do it. It seems like it contains a fantastic story, but I have too many to-do's on the backlog at the moment. :( Maybe if I get my hands on the already made indonesian subtitles it could be possible.

• Like Like x 2
  5. vergil

vergil Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Thanks for considering. There's no need to rush. Just move at your own pace.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Peach Anmitsu

Peach Anmitsu Kenkyuusei

Thank you for doing this!!! I enjoyed watching it. Came at a perfect time for me as I had some hours to kill :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sanjuro

Sanjuro Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Konoka
    Thank you!
    Honono getting her flu jab was cute as hell.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    @Duburin senpai.. Thanks for all the hardwork.. :1st:

U were simply the best.. & u also are a champion.. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I saw that in the AKB docu you said you translated from Spanish, so if there’s any Spanish sub for the NMB one (or any other documentary) I’m happy to translate those myself! I’m just illiterate when it comes to the coding and stuff dd

• Like Like x 1
  10. Duburin

Duburin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyawaki Sakura
    Thanks for all the warm messages everyone! Each one motivates me to continue doing my best for future subs.

I'll be in touch! I just so happened to get my hands on that very thing last night. :)

• Winner Winner x 4
  11. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    My dude Duburin amazing with the sub releases recently. Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1