1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by ひめか, Apr 17, 2019.

1. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Well top member graduation is always planned to coincide with single release. As mentioned on previous post, Maimai was the first 'big name' Senbatsu to graduate so her case is different. Nanamin a regular front line was next. Ikoma just declined and then Nishino. We expect the same for Maiyan and Ikuchan. But for others anything goes. I personally felt Misa's graduation a bit quiet even though she had her solo concert. Well it can't be helped right after Nanase's graduation.

Regarding Senbatsu selection, I agree with CrssA. I also don't think everyone should enter Senbatsu just so they can experience it. I would like the distribution to be as close as possible per generation but it doesn't mean everyone should be rotated. For 2nd gen I think Rena is the last. 3rd gen to me is over the limit specially this 23rd. If they plan to include 4th they should start with 2 or 3 then go from there.

Anyway I think it is still fine. More graduation is coming. At least now they have more option on future selection.

2. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Management has the ultimate and final say on whomever makes it into senbatsu. They do what they want. That's why pushes from left field and air drops to center make you angry. It seems arbitrary and capricious.

It's not hard to get everyone into senbatsu. Of the current Unders, six of them have not experienced senbatsu: Junna, KTK, Yamazaki, Mukai, Reno, Ayatii. In just one single with a 22 member senbatsu, they can all be placed in. But if you don't want to do it all at once, then do it over two singles. It just takes belief in these members. Personally, I believe. The only members who should be in a Nogizaka senbatsu are Nogizaka members.

Have you ever worked for a manager who trusts and encourages you? Then you know how much great work you produced working for them. If you treat your employees well, they will reward you.

Nothing should be impossible for management to do. Just trust in the members.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. towiti

towiti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    akimotomanatsu
    I agree that new members shouldn't be picked for senbatsu just to "experience", but I have the feeling that it is exactly because Nogizaka is big right now that rotations are coming and we gonna see new faces popping up.

First, I think it's not "tasting" senbatsu; it's "testing". I don't believe mgmt put Maaya or Kawago in because of their feeling; it's always potential profit. At the beginning they rotated a lot because they couldn't be sure who would be popular, so they test around. Then when Nogizaka was reasonably established, 2nd gen was mistreated because the safe popular members were, well, safe choices, and testing could be dangerous so 2nd gens went into Unders. But from the hint of the most recent Nogichuu episode, it seems they want to go back to the testing phase again; as 1st gens are graduating, and the big names are still big enough to carry Nogizaka whether 3rd row is successful or not, it is the time to give popular enough but not-yet-senbatsu a chance to see if numbers improve significantly .. The competition is fierce, but not so fierce that they have to keep giving us the same old every single like back in 2014-2017.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    the problem which me and i think nyannyan's pet agreed with are,

the senbatsu is 22 peoples, you have all the superstar on senbatsu even big names are pretty much stacked in unders. and disliked it or not, idol group were more like popularity contest. not everyone will got the same treatment. its how the business works.

did i said some names are not deserving senbatsu spot ? no. but the day when everyone should taste senbatsu experiences had long gone, if this group decided to do it again im assuming its stepping back not moving on forward.

7 girls havent tasting senbatsu, and some of them are considerable weakest seller among the group. is it coincidence ? i guess no.

its not about trust or etc. when you signed up for the group you know its competition, you know you cant expected being treated fairly among the others. some will win , some will struggle a bit , and some will become loser. if you work hard doesnt mean you automatically should got reward, there's possibility there's competitor which also work hard and giving better result than you, it wouldnt be surprising if them will got better rewards than you.

im not gonna throw shade to less popular members, but i believe its more better to give the resources like senbatsu pushes to 3rd gen or even 4th gen instead give 1 last hurrah some old names or let some girls get achievement unlocked.

5. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    im sure, the rotating of members are one of the popular idea in nogizaka that makes nogi likeable than 48, besides less members and the image shown. however, it suddenly stops. i really prefer rotating style rather than all-in senbatsu because for obvious reason, 20 people should be the limit for a group to perform on stage. more than that, it looks like circus.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    It's a popularity contest amongst the fans. It doesn't have to be within the group. I know that the idol world is brutal, but that's because the fandom. The lesser members may not do it for you, but they definitely do it for someone. And those fans of the lesser members will return the favor to the group. Sort of like how the members go for outside work, it makes the group stronger.

I believe in rotating members in. It may not be fair to those members who fall back to Unders, but like it has been said... fairness cuts both ways...

Please explain more. Why would a Junna or Mukai in senbatsu be a step back for the group?

7. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Management should trust these girls. Yes
    But it's all business.

I also have nothing against weak sellers. I like Maaya very much. Have I ever imagine Kotoko and Reno (two members I like even more) entering Senbatsu one day? Yes. I will be very happy and excited for them. Do I believe they will? No. Why? Because of the strong competition.

Supply and demand. You give the fans, the population as a whole, what they want. Unfortunately some members are in high demand while for other not so much. That's why even inside Senbatsu there's fukujin. You make sure your strongest members are easily accessible.

Of those 6 girls I still have high hope for Rena. Let's see if her recent HS result bears fruit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I'm with @Generic_User on this one. Because I believe there is room for many, both popular members and a few 'tests'.
    Even 1 or 2 rotating spots are enough. Sure, management can deny Senbatsu for low sellers, but then they will never know that members true potential.

• Like Like x 3
  9. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    i hope you understand the post fully first before think i simply hate these girls. fyi i like mukai a lot. but did you understand the whole point when im telling senbatsu is pretty much stacked + unders too ?. then tell me why Rentan,Kaede,Tamami,Riria,Miria should make a room for junna instead giving it to ranze,hina or even sakura,sayaka,haruka or ayame ?

did management sleep for everyone which had been grow ? no. kaede is one of the worst when she's debuting, and look where she's now, did she got her reward ? yes. of course everyone here are underestimate and hate her a lot saying she's got blatantly gori pushes without doing nothing. if either mukai or junna could overcame the wall i believe chances will came for them.

sorry but im stick with my own perception. tests and room are ok for some few names, but if telling that everyone should grab it i dont believe it , im 100% sure there's some name no matter you gave chances it wouldnt appeal majority of fans.

10. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    This is exactly what I’m expecting.

11. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

Nogi have been doing an ad campaign for blood donation. If they want to put their money where their mouths are, the Nogi girls themselves should donate blood, and pics/videos/interviews of that experience should be part of the campaign. I wonder if management thought about this at all. If they actually have done this already, then they should push the pics/vids of that experience more in media and stuff, because I haven't seen any.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Achording

Achording Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    岩田陽菜 (Iwata Hina)
    It would be a cool idea, but who knows what the actual state and health of some of the girls are. There are rules and regulations to who can and cannot donate blood. (Of course, I think you’ll still be okay if you’re slightly underweight). I just don’t know if they would be able to follow through with the risks involved. (An idol fainting because she donated blood would not be a good image)

Edit: I just reviewed some of the information; you’d have to be at least 40kg (about 89-90 lbs) to give donate some, and at least 50 kg (~110 lb) to donate 400ml) (you’d also have to be over the age of 18)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I think 2nd gen will play a big role in keeping Nogizaka up. 3rd gen and 4th gen are fostered to look up to their senpais and follow the tracks laid down upon them. On the other side, 2nd gen learns everything the hard way. As hard or even harder than how 1st gen sculpt Nogi's image and reputation (2nd gen also plays in this in the background). Once the 1st gen are dropping, the 2nd gen should lead the younger generations in staying strong in this show business. They maybe less popular than the younger ones, but hey they're young too. Someone like Ranze who isn't disillusioned with things will be essential in the future. Though she has a bit of a foul mouth and sinister.. And also oh man, how I wish Karin is still here

• Like Like x 2
  14. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

And any of those reasons apply to anyone in the population who may or may not want to donate. Whether that's a plus (more information for the public on blood donation) or a minus (look at them, they're getting money to be sponsors but they don't want to donate blood, so why the hell should I?) is hard to say. (Probably a minus. If an idol who's in top physical shape from all the dancing can faint from donating blood, why the hell would a normal person who isn't in such good shape want do it?) One of the themes of the campaign was "Blood donation when you're 20 years old," I assume because it helps to have young people's blood donated. So the exact target of that would be a lot of gen 1 and gen 2 girls. Just get girls who can/are willing to donate blood to be in the ad campaign. If there's a good reason that none of them should donate blood, then there's a good reason for everyone in the entire population to not want to donate blood. The campaign should emphasize the opposite, that Nogi girls that can donate blood should donate blood, which means there's a good reason for everyone in the population who can donate blood to donate blood.

I'm not saying blood donation is like some duty that everyone must do. I'm thinking more about the campaign itself. I guess what I'm hopeful for is sincerity in these kinds of campaigns, because I think sincerity and genuineness are part of Nogi's image. If they're sponsoring consumer products, then of course, there's no need for anything but the usual stuff. But when it's donations/volunteer stuff, there's a different aspect to it. Like, if they're sponsoring some campaign for people to donate to some fund, they can just show up and tell people to give up some of their money and then disappear, or they can hold an event and "part of the proceeds go to the fund" or whatever, which shows more sincerity. Same kind of thing.

Generally speaking, no one wants to donate blood, just like generally speaking no one wants to give up some of their money. Slap some pictures of pretty girls somewhere, well, ok, maybe you got some curiosity (Leo DiCaprio curiosity face in Django.jpg). Slap some videos of pretty girls actually donating blood somewhere, and now you may have gotten people's attentions (Leo DiCaprio attention face in Django.jpg).

15. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

None of Nogi member's is in good shape. They are too tiny compared to average people.

16. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    It's not how CMs or campaigns work. They employ pretty faces to draw interest, and it doesn't really matter if these faces actually favor the product or service.
    I don't think they should actually be giving blood, just because they are featured in the campaign. Just like most of the members probably don't own Mouse Computers, use a Google Pixel phone, eat Fettuccine Gummi every day or drink Kirin Kyoketsu every night.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    ① They're not in amazing shape. They're skinny and they don't dance all the time.
    ② They're way skinnier than the average person, and far skinnier than their mostly male fanbase
    ③ This isn't true. I know a bunch of people who are very peeved that they can't give blood due to some regulation or another. I don't, because I get dizzy, but I've never met anyone against the idea. They just need a push.
    ④ No, it'd look super bad. We know they're not volunteering because they're doing this for work. If it's a solo celebrity or a small band we might believe they decided to do it, but if it's an idol group we know they're doing it because they were told to, because they don't manage their own CM appearances. Everyone would be aware of this and it would be really bad press.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  18. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Rather than the problem of Nogi members who do the blood donation campaign don't donate, I think the real problem is to let the truth comes out to the press. Simply put, the campaign is just Red Cross hiring Nogi, and Nogi management chooses members they want to push. No consideration of their blood donation history. Which is fine, they are just poster girls for a campaign, no obligation to actually do it. Or is it?

Read this interview https://ken-love.jp/hatachi/interview/index.html
    Especially the answers of the first question.

In my opinion they should have redacted it. It's unappealing to the target demography for the commercial to read that the ones who encourage them to do so, don't do it—or worse, don't even attempt to do it—or even worse, giving 'self-diagnosed' reason for not doing so.
    The fault is at the management, both Nogi and Red Cross, for not being thorough in this part. It will be different if they actually tried, and then told that they can't because their weight etc.
    Or at least fabricate some story along that notion, I don't know, it's business anyway.

And the members who answered it that way also made mistake. By all means they may be being honest there, but again, they are trying to 'sell' something here, to persuade people. The answers, as much as I hate to say, are not professional.

'So what do you think about our coffee you are promoting?'
    'Actually I can't drink coffee. It makes my heart pounding'
    'My friends haven't tasted it, so I haven't as well. Is it decaf?'
    How's that sound for a commercial interview?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

I wonder what this blood donation all about but I can understand the point to be addressed here. To the girl's defense, I don't see the members that have been interviewed was put on blame since the red cross +mgmt don't even bother to filter or flag it out for their "honesty" or "justification", which is actually kind of contra-persuasive from what this ads want to aim for. There shouldn't be a deal of contradiction imo if they didn't post it that way, just be nice poster girls. If that kind of question is really just inevitable, they should have adressed it differently.

• Like Like x 1
  20. towiti

towiti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    akimotomanatsu
    Imagine having to donate blood to run an ad campaign lol.
    Still, donating blood is good for your health too. Whether they are healthy or not is not something we know, but if they are (which is more likely) then they should do it. We should all do it. Isn't that what the campaign about? It's a good cause. Not because they run the ad, but because it's a good deed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1