1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

CGM48 - BNK48 New Sister Group in Chiang Mai

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by Wade & Wander, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Oh my gosh so the Izurina rumours were true!
    General Manager too!!!!!

Congratulations to both of them, and Captain Aom! That's amazing!
    Really looking forward to their group :)

With Deenee graduating, that leaves BNK with exactly 48 members :D

2. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    There is a rumour going around currently in facebook that a former MNL48 member has applied for CGM48.

3. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    We need you jao Video

if the video does not show watch the video here

4. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    This would be interesting; any idea which member it is?

5. onego123

onego123 Member

That wouldn't surprise me to much because if you don't follow MNL, or just don't remember they recruited 64 members for their 1st Gen and had over 50 members at the time of their 2nd General Election. Before the election it was announced that whoever didn't get into the Top48 would be fired/forced to graduate. When that came out A LOT of BNK fans reached out and told the girls that if they got fired that they could apply to BNK's 3rd Gen audition(this was before way CGM was announced). It would be really great if some of the girls took them up on that offer, and I think management wouldn't mind either.

• Like Like x 1
  6. otterlyxcs

otterlyxcs Kenkyuusei

I saw a screenshot of 2 MNL48 members posting about CGM48 on twitter, but I can't find it anymore.
    I can't remember who it was and they probably already deleted it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Seems there were over 100 foreigners who auditioned for CGM48, with there being some ex-MNL48 Member auditions

https://twitter.com/littleDUck_N/status/1148967378874593281?s=20

I could see there being a good amount of foreigners making it, and could definitely see at least 2-3 MNL girls getting in

I think BNK48 were suppose to hold auditions in Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos for their 3rd generation. So maybe CGM will end up having members from those countries as well

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  8. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
  9. welp

welp Next Girls

It was a discussion what concept would CMG took. Of course, CMG needs a different concept to BNK and fans expected CMG to pick up the concept of 1 of Japanese sister groups. Fans' wishful thinking is HKT but, Rina and Aom underlined the group would be performance-oriented and the practice would be tougher. Fans guess CMG may mainly cover SKE's songs. I don't understand why NMB is dismissed as I think NMB also has energetic routines and some of them are not easy.

In my opinion, a possible outcome is none of the above, CMG may just cover any song of more powerful routine from any sister group. It may cover all of "Uza", "Kamonegix", "Escape" and even "Ai Juseyo".

By the way, Rina and Aom will join the panel to select the member of CGM (although their voices may not as loud as older panelists). Some said CGM would not be able to execute tougher SKE's routines as the average age of applicants were younger, half of them were 12-14 years old. But, in my opinion, the member selection needs not to follow the applicant ratio. The panel does not have to pick many under 15 members simply because most applicants are from this age range and, the group can have 10% of its members foreigners even though foreign applicants make up of just 3%. Besides, not like girls under 15 can't dance/sing.

Job and members said the transfer of Rina was a promotion to let her grow beyond just a member.

I think the minimum age requirement should be lifted to 15 up. From my observation, fans tend to like 17+ members. 15 means 2 years to grow to the shine-able age which is a reasonable period. 12 means 5 years which is too long and quite a waste of budget and time for the agency.

There is a concurrent person, Aeh will be also the music director of CGM and he revealed he was writing the lyric of the debut song for CGM and it would incorporate northern dialect.

Some missing info
    - Unlike Job, Shihainin Rina won't have the power to decide the member line-up for each single (senbatsu). The decision will be made at the BNK Office headquarter in Bangkok.
    - Every members must live in the dorm so it will be convenience for training and transportation (from residence to working venue).

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  10. welp

welp Next Girls

The result of first elimination round of CGM audition will be announced on 19th this month (the coming Friday).
    [​IMG]

11. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Ok. This just became more exciting! Lol. I can't wait to see what comes out of this sister group! That image welp posted is so cute! Lol. I hope that this group will cover more of Japan's sister group songs, much like others have posted here. Was there any other International Sister Group that mostly covered Japan's Sister Group songs?

12. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    JKT48 have a couple, 2 of them being A-sides.

MNL48 recently had Igai Ni Mango, which is an SKE48 song.

So CGM48 having sister group releases could definitely happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    'The Nation' newspaper yesterday published an English-language article about CGM48:
    https://www.nationthailand.com/lifestyle/30373120

I've pasted the text below (there's also a number of large photos in the online article):

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. welp

welp Next Girls

15. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I'm kind of excited to see how the girls look like. Also, thanks Merika!

• Like Like x 2
  16. naamincenter48

naamincenter48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Asai Nanami
  17. xiumitty

xiumitty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    BNK48
  18. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Any more updates from this?

19. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    They just inform us and send email to applicant who past though final round of audition. but no name list.

20. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล