[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Just to be clear, you mean after Aug 10 to 12, AKB will have no upcoming handshake event? No individual or national handshake events whatsoever?

In that case, at least they won't have any backlog anymore.

What if AKS decides to finally go with the AKB tandoku route. It will be like a rebirth. Make the sister groups activities separate from each other. At least they can try to distance AKB from the NGT scandal.

Sure, the million sales will stop but they can likely maintain the weekly #1 record.

A good narrative and PR for this can pave a way for a true new era for AKB, free from the shadows of its glory days.

• Like Like x 2
  2. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I've always wondered if the agencies backing YukaRika have a strong hold in their inclusion of AKB senbatsu choice since both agencies are quite big. If they were strong enough, AKB will have no choice but to cut all of SG from senbatsu members to get out of the situation, although they will most likely lose their million and beat by 46Gs. I keep thinking about how much they would sell if there's no SG members involved in HS.

Gee, to think that all of this mess wouldn't have happened had they cleared the scandal immediately before it turned into a nation-wide news feed for months.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    National HS in Osaka on Sep 15 and Nagoya on Oct 19 (or around that, can't remember exact date). But that's it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

They aren't skipping anything if they are not releasing anything dd
    Like, didn't skip the SSK, they just cancelled it.

IMO, it all boils down to what separates the 48G from the other idol groups, and that is the theatre.

Sure, we are getting more material through singles and albums, but they literally burn through those in a matter of weeks and most of the songs are never performed. A lot of that material could have gone to stages that the girls could perform in their own theatres instead of the 879th rendition of Pajama Drive or Heart Gata Virus.

But ohwell, the theatre doesn't bring as much money as the HS events, so it's obviously the very last of their concerns.

5. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    That's technicalities.

My point is that Aki-P is already overworked.

And if it's the material that is the problem, a produced stage can be the answer. Like, in Bokunatsu stage, half of the song is pretty unknown (except maybe to hardcore fans). Heck, even the AKB Show Producer didn't know half of the song in that stage, and knowing songs was his jobs.

They should just let captains choose the setlist themself, like what is happening in SKE and NMB.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

He's overworked the same way George RR Martin is overworked, because they keep accepting jobs when they should focus on what they have dd

But ohwell, yes, produced stages would be a nice way to go around the issue, but then the ones we get are basically another Greatest Hits from the old ones so... meh. I don't think anything has topped the Takamina produced ones. Bring her back?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Eh, have you watched BokuNatsu? Because if you think that is a greatest hits, then I really respect you on the breadth of your AKB48 song knowledge.

Idol Shugyou Chu!, Let's Go Kenkyuusei, etc, also get a lot of praises. Personally, I love Kamikyoku Shibari, even though half of them are hit singles. Hit singles are hit because they are fun to perform and fun to watch. Including them in moderation doesn't hurt anything -- on the contrary, it make the stage more fun. (Unless you watch AKB48 the same way as you watch orchestra)

8. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    I know not every is a fan of the STU Stage, but maybe they can also do it the STU way with having a few dance songs composed for the Stage, so that we both get new music + not having to overwork AkiP with the lyrics.

9. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    All of AKS’ attention has gone towards IZ*ONE. Perhaps something will come up soon since their promotions for their current single is winding down and it’s been over half a year since the Maho thing.

10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

We did get a new song with Team 8's Suki da Suki da Suki da, but yes it's not officially released and there is no music video. I think they only performed it twice; at theater and in AKBINGO!. I feel like it's such a waste though... if they're going to wait so long to give a new song to AKB, then they could try to keep fans interested with other releases that include AKB members. The Team 8 song is good too especially for summer. I think they should have made a music video for it and make the song available digitally until AKB has a new single where they can put the song in the b-sides. They could also try to make Team 8 perform it on some Tv programs, this would be good for AKB considering the 2 front girls in Team 8 are regular in AKB senbatsu too. though I just saw on Yuiyui's Twitter that Team 8 is scheduled to perform the song on a Tv program apparently, so I guess AKS is trying a bit with the promo, but they could do more.

I just feel like it's being wasted... we had nothing new for months :/ and tbh the last 3 AKB singles were not the most ideal singles. Sentimental Train had difficult promo with Jurina being sick and Sakura on her way to Korea (both were front row of the song). No Way Man was a goodbye to the IZONE girls and very Kpop-style. Jiwaru Days was a goodbye to Sasshi. I feel like it's been a while since we had a single not related to farewell and with normal promo. I just want something nice and fun to enjoy simply, like the new Team 8 song.

well anyway I hope we get some news soon, and for how long we have waited, hopefully the song will be good... I would love a fun and catchy "idol" song like Kibouteki Refrain, or something refreshing and nostalgic like Labrador Retriever or 11gatsu no Anklet (yeah I loved these :cute:)

Btw here's the AKBINGO! performance of the new Team 8 song, for those who didn't hear it yet...

if the video does not show watch the video here

Cute :cute:

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    ^ honestly I like the song enough for it to be a summer A-side for AKB.

It's honestly weird and a shame we really haven't had any news. Poor AKB girls who are not in core Team 8 lol. I'm not against a long wait since the sister groups are doing things on schedule it seems, but AKB is the HQ for 48 groups so being so quiet like this when we have no SSK or many tours, it's just boring lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Thanks Mana,

To note, they actually have another 2 new songs from beat carnival, both have MV, one already performed on concert (Spring fes, Team B stage) and theater (Yukirin stage)

I am talking about "Koibito inai senshuken" (Okada center) and "Chikainoni hanareteru" (Oguri center). Both song have sick moves, but koibito lean towards fun song, while chikainoni towards dark song

Since they perform longer version of koibito inai on theater, I do think chikainoni also has the longer version.

Oh another thing, eito actually routinely perform "sukida 3x" on theater since the CM released IF the weather is not rainy. Because they have another song to perform if it is rainy.

• Informative Informative x 4
  13. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Omg, "Chikainoni hanareteru" should have been a single! It's so good!

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I know right...they just need to add the member focused parts they ALREADY have for the focus cards in the game, and BAM...a killer song for next single, complete with MV.:gavel:
    Not to mention it is AKB-only senbatsu:fear:
    But maybe that is exactly why they don't release it as a single.

15. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    It's an amazing song. I would like to see what would happen if they released it, being an AKB only senbatsu. It's a really good senbatsu (even though Juri is there :cold: )

• Like Like x 1
  16. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Well, while the songs are good, releasing either exactly as single is impossible, simply because two of the members already graduated. (The in-game video was recorded last November)

It's more likely to be included in the album, if they ever release one.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  17. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Releasing a PV and have it as a digital single may keep things interesting. They can retain it as an AKB tandoku release.

And since no physical release, the pressure of selling a million won't be there.

18. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    it's kind of crazy to think how many songs are recorded and ready to go, but we won't get any. They could have easily released both those songs above as a digital single mini with other songs. And we still don't have Team A's M.T stage released. I get they probably want to maximize profit, but it's not like they're gonna make much more money off of the M.T stage...just release it for the fans lol. Lots of artists just release 1 song to keep momentum up. And sometimes they become really popular cause it's cheap to buy just one song.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I want team surprise songs too

20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I would like to see this release too, it's a good set of songs.

If we presume that sales through normal channels would be too low to make a profit (because shops and distributors take a large slice of the revenue) then why not crowdfund a release. That way costs are minimized and profit maximized and if sales goals aren't reached then the release doesn't go ahead, platforms like Kickstarter and Indiegogo in the US work really well by this stage, I feel groups like AKB could release more niche products through channels like this and they're missing a trick, they could have higher priced tiers with more benefits, they could have stretch goals with for example an extra bonus photo for every goal released, the core fans would lap it up.

They could crowdfund vinyl releases too which I think would do very well for them but knowing AKS they're probably too blinkered to even try it.