1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] THE JKT48 thread!

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I was surprised when I went to a mall in my city today. There will be a premiere on friday and even the stage was already prepared. Idk if Zara will come, though.

2. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/which-fandom-do-you-identify-with.22968/

I made a thread before asking Stage 48 members to choose only one group from all of 48G and Sakamichi groups, and the result showed that the votes for Nogi + Keyaki combined were more or less the same for the votes for all 48Gs.

Now I am wondering which fandom do stage 48 members identify more? 48G? Sakamichi? And now that we have Izone and we were even allowed to vote for Korean members in the annual stage 48 poll, I won't be surprised if there are stage 48 members who joined the forum because of Izone. I will put International 48G as a separate choice for those who identify more as a fan of an international sister group than any Japan 48G.

I intend to post this in all general threads so as to invite the fans of each group to cast their votes. Downside though that is that those who subscribe to more than one general thread will get a notification for this more than once, so sorry for the notif.

Thank you :)

3. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Apparently there'll be SKE x JKT project in the near future, I cannot wait to see what kind of project it'll be [hehe]

• Like Like x 3
  4. algae27

algae27 Kenkyuusei

wow, is there any previous talk or something? This is sudden xD

Although my dream wish is to have JKTxNMB, but this will be fun too. If the membera could come, I certainly hope it won't just be Pucchi cosplaying as Jurina lol

5. welp

welp Next Girls

That's a very bad idea then. Who gonna check out videos in the channel of each individual member? Only fans of that specific member. Thus, it will be hard to gain many new fans via this method. To push less popular members, the best way is to put them next to popular members. Let's unpopular members have activities with popular members so, fans of popular members will check the video out and see unpopular members. Also, many traits cannot be shown alone. You can't tell if a member is caring and considerate if there is no other member with her. You can't tell a member has sharp tongue if there is no other member for her to tease.

This seems to be a big project with many activities/small projects inside. One of which is expected to transfer student project. However, if the transferred student from Sakae isn't Jurina or Suda, I don't think it will create much hype and, I don't think either of them will go.

I mentioned JKT would need a big collaboration project with AKB to revive and this is close enough. This may be the very chance for JKT to restore its popularity.

Yuasa, the beloved and highly respected shihainin (stage manager/director) of SKE also will move to Jakarta to be advisor. He is a very important person of SKE, for him to move to JKT, SKE is very serious with this project. However, I agree with another person saying the problem of JKT lies heavily in marketing and Yuasa's job mainly is artist management. Neither SKE is that creative with its marketing. So, I wonder how useful he will be to JKT.

One think that specially puzzles me is it's SKE to collaborate with JKT. JKT ties to AKS, AKB's agency, not Keyholder, SKE's agency. What will Keyholder gain from JKT? BNK also will have a collaboration project with Team SH but, that seems to be irrelevant to this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. algae27

algae27 Kenkyuusei

SKE is maybe thinking to expand their fandom overseas too, and while AKB is currently trying to claw into Thailand and Taiwan, so SKE's (or Keyholder) next big option would be The First International Sister Group. First SG and First ISG sounds good to me. And maybe Dentsu have been trying to approach other Japan venture behind the scene, who knows.

Regarding the Keyholder-Aks thing, I noticed that the operation team is now listed under DentsuxEntertainment, so maybe that changes the management handling of Japan-Jakarta branch? Could be Aks now have less voice and just in charge of patent/royalty of the songs or stages JKT chooses to perform.

I agree with you regarding the marketing team. They have made some questionable decisions too. The decision to split to individual youtube channel is among the things that is questionable, and at a glance makes us wonder how competent are these people. But maybe, the splitting of the channel is not for the fans or the general audience, but for the members themselves. So they would feel more appreciated and more likely less likely to just out and go because they feel they have nothing more to gain by being in JKT.

--
    https://jkt48.com/news/detail/id/1144?lang=id
    They just announce the joint project on the JKT website. "Trying things that they haven't done before"... hmm now, I wonder what kind of activities would that be...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  7. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    That's not going to help JKT popularity even if they transfer Jurina, yes it will hype up the fandom but that's it, unless she's going all out with the transfer like Haruka

This is however a good idea, JKT need marketing people rather than another transfer member

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

I thought about oversea expansion plan too but, how strong was JKT's international traction in its hayday?

The change of the name could simply be the sign of the re-structure within administration of Dentsu or re-structure of shareholding. I don't think the role/power of AKS over JKT has significantly changed.

If their videos were uploaded on JKT's channel, subscribers of the channel might check their videos out whenever they see notification. But, by creating their own separated channels, they will have to resort on themselves. On the other hand, if a member gets popular from solo activities and had her videos uploaded on JKT's channel, fans of her solo activities will subscribe JKT's channel and discover more girls.

Technically, whatever they will do is "never done before" as the 2 have never had any form of collaboration.

The first step of marketing is to draw public attention. Whatever you do will be void if no one check it out. If Jurina or Suda come to Jakarta, JOT can mediaplay that Japan's superstar has graced Indonesia and JKT. Whatever she will do with JKT will get a considerable level of media coverage.

9. Arigatou means Thank You

Arigatou means Thank You Kenkyuusei

Verily we belong to God and we will return to Him.
    A fans who (usually) gave us his fancam in YouTube had been died due to an accident. May his soul rest in peace in his grave. And May God forgive all of his sins when he was still live. Amiin Ya Rabbal Alamiin...

Initial: Jesters
    Source: Either Facebook and Twitter news

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  10. amenomion

amenomion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ayanashahab
    My guess about this collaboration thing is SKE might be experimenting with markets here. SKE is trying to go international, Thailand has a big idol market already so you can't learn much experimenting with it, since whatever they do it will be a succes. Indonesia and Philippines has much more in common with international(aka western) market tastes. And they picked jkt might be because it's the safer bet of the two

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  11. onego123

onego123 Member

This is a really old question, but has JKT broken even? If so when?

12. welp

welp Next Girls

My guess is JKT is the best choice possible.
    Oversea sister groups are JKT, BNK, MNL, Team SH, Team TP and SGO

BNK is in the focus of AKS' attention. (Yoshinari, the CEO of AKS, also has relocated to Thailand, although mainly for tax.) The star of the batch. AKS won't let Keyholder tap on BNK easily.
    MNL is so poorly managed. The agency (HHE) doesn't even understand the concept of idol.
    Team SH and Team TP are in similar condition, being directly managed by AKS.
    SGO has not officially debuted yet.
    This leaves Keyholder to JKT only.

Also, JKT has some fortes
    - Indonesian economy is the biggest in SEA (due to population size)
    - Indonesian people is fairly welcoming of J-pop culture (hence, JKT was popular)
    - Its agency is Japanese (Dentsu) makes it easier to work with
    - No apparent domestic rival

Also, Keyholder may be impressed by JKT's training system. Keyholder emphasizes on the training and is setting up the training quarter for SKE (Zest School).

13. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I'm not so sure since there aren't really financial report to look at

14. Arigatou means Thank You

Bad News:
    Sinka announced her grad today in theater (@alliance_jkt48)

15. Arigatou means Thank You

Bad News:
    Vienny announced her grad on Circus today
    Some FB Users (that I found in JKT48 Groups), Fam48ina in FB, Vienny's Twitter

16. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
  17. armondillo

armondillo Kenkyuusei

Pending Graduation: Yupi, Acha, Ayana, Sinka, Viny

Not to mention recent grads Nat, Shanju, Okta, and several others. Looks like JKT48 has a lot of early generation graduating members this year. Definitely gonna be interesting to see how the next Sousenkyo plays out. I predict many new faces (especially some of the very promising gen 6 & 7 members) making the UG. Kinda bummed to know the teams won't be 16 members again though. Seems like there's hardly full team performing for theater shows lately. Some have even argued that JOT should increase the capacity of each Team so there aren't so many theater shows with many academy backups or less than 16 members. I have confidence JKT will pull through though, can't wait to see what the new kids have in store!

18. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Since majority of 1st and 2nd gen are already finished or currently enrolled in college it's not really weird to see them announcing graduation. Especially since 1st and 2nd gen already in this group for 7 & 8 years. I don't think increasing team capacity will fix less than 16 member to perform in theater, IMO they cut down the amount of member per team to save cost on costume. We'll have to wait until last quarter of this year probably for the trainee (especially gen 8) to be able to memorize two or three stages.

19. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Well why don't they promote the academy members?

20. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Because then they won't have enough trainee for pajama drive and back up member simultaneously. CMIIW but nobody from gen 8 have performed in Pajama drive yet. My best guess is that JOT want to take safety measure in case that gen 8 aren't ready to perform after 21st July they'll still have 16 academy member that capable to perform while being a backup member simultaneously.