1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Sorry, but what was Marina-chan's "fail"?

• Like Like x 2
  3. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
  4. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Dear fellow Keyaki fans...

I would like to apologize beforehand for taking a slot in this specific forum to post something off-topic, but I do not know where I could say what I WANT to say. I also want to share these thoughts with you, the KYZ46 fans community. If the forum admins feel that this is not the proper place to host this post please feel free to move it to another thread.

I would like to express in few words how crushed I feel after the Kyoto animation arson attack... My first reaction after hearing of the attack and the casualties of so many young and talented people was uncontrolled tears...

This studio, these young innocent artists could as well have penned, colored, added movement and life to so many of my favorite anime characters, 2-dimensional personas that I loved and who relieved me of my daily stress, amused me and moved me while watching them again and again: Haruhi Suzumiya, the girls of After-School Tea Time, Miss Violet, the amazing (my top favorite) Clannad heroes and so many others pieces of modern art.

I pray for those people, I mourn for them like I would have done for a dear friend that passed away and I join my thoughts and prayers from 10,000 kilometers away to all those in Japan and not only, that are feeling sad and crushed like I do...

• Like Like x 14
  5. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

6. bandica

bandica Kenkyuusei

The correct answer is the proverb:
    「犬も歩けばぼうにある」 (inu mo arukeba bou ni ataru)
    which means something similar to "The dog that trots about finds a bone", or along the lines of 'if you take action, you will find good fortune'

Marina had never heard of the saying before, so she took a shot in the dark and hoped it was 「OOOにる」 (OOO ni naru) as in "to become OOO"

Unfortunately she found bad fortune on this one instead [hehe]

• Like Like x 2
  7. GenKelC

GenKelC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Voted too! :chuffed:
    Hope Little Glee Monster will be there too!:blush:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Little Glee Monster are just queens!:worthy: I am so sure they will be there. I really want them to be there!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

It is a bit sad when 2 of the first 4 have "Sexy" and "X" in their names...

• Like Like x 1
  12. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

13. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Don't really understand your point here but X Japan are really famous outside Japan and Sexy Zone are well, just as their name says hehehe. I wouldn't want Sexy Zone to be there but they can really power a crowd so its ok lol

14. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    At 2,349 votes after my vote at the time stamp of my post. The 300+ votes compared to lamyoung's post above is much higher to the difference observed for the nominees above Keyakizaka46. Our group closes the gap with the ones above it seemingly fast...

15. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

The connotation that "Sexy" and "X" have in other countries, that's why. As in "this is the best we can offer, sex-related stuff". Think about people who hear these names/groups for the first time. This is for the Olympics, a wide range of people's backgrounds and ages, not just for young people.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

The X in X Japan isn't sex-related. I don't think most people would jump to that conclusion.

17. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    X-Japan wouldn't have that impact at all. Sexy Zone would be a terrible idea. Imagine if people looked them up and found out they've been called that since they were like 15 or whenever it was.

But we don't have to worry about that kind of thing since it's not official and the organisers aren't going to look for ideas from online polls anyway.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    No idea who Sexy Zone are, but X Japan is pretty famous outside Japan if I'm not mistake.
    Even if those kind of lists won't be taken into consideration to really chose artists performing at the Olympic Games, it feels good to have Keyaki up there.
    It means our girls are doing well, no matter the amount of criticisms.
    Or at least, it means Keyaki fans are ready to push the group no matter the goal, to the moon and back if necessary :D

I loved Olympics since I can remember, how cool would be have Keyaki there? An impossible dream for sure, but still...

Different topic:
    yesterday I rewatched TokuDare and it's really really really time for Keya to have a new drama...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  19. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I voted against them and picked Nogizaka because Keyaki are just not a good fit. It's the Olympics - in terms of Sakamichi groups alone they're the last group who fit such a big event. You want bold and bright, warm and optimistic - that's Nogizaka. And Hinatazaka.

The sad thing is, if you'd asked me back when Futari Saison was released I'd have given you a very different answer.

• Dislike Dislike x 12
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  20. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I am not being biased here but even though this voting isn't that real, I can understand why Keyaki is up there and not the others. Note that there are all kinds of people coming from different zones with different tastes in music to this event. You described Nogis as bold, bright & warm but looking at the past Olympics, attendees won't be really enthusiastic about such songs. They need songs that will make them jump around, kick in the air and feel competitive. Babymetal will definitely be the best in this category. Nogi may be national treasure and as much as I love them, I don't think they can really bring that fun in the Olympic lovers coming.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1