1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sato Sumire (Suuchan) / AKB48 7th Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    Happy Birthday Suuchan! :ome:

2. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    :ome::ome:
    Tanjoubi Omedetou Suuchan!!!
    :ome::ome:

3. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Happy birthday Suuchan!!! :cute:

4. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    10 years today the 7th generation was first shown at the AKB theater. 1 year ago yesterday was her final theater.... It’s hard to believe she’s not in the group anymore.

Happy 10th anniversary Sumire! I miss you so much!

• Like Like x 3
  5. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Sumire has started her own brand “Sucre Viollette” aka Sugar Violet! Of course we all know why violets are special to this girl!

She’s been doing lots of pop ups and collaborations lately! She has a pop up store in Shinjuku going on right now! If you don’t already follow her social media, especially twitter, you should!

https://www.facebook.com/154009928573592/posts/351741685467081?sfns=mo

6. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Sumire has a release event today 7/6 for her self published Photobook “Violet Sugar Cream.” She announced this photobook and the event yesterday from what I can tell. Anyway I was able to find someone to go to the event and get a copy for me! It’s even dedicated to me! I am very excited!

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  7. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Just found out about the NMB kks trying to use Suuchan as her nickname.... what are everyone’s thoughts? Personally I think she should pick something else. It’s not like it’s the only option for the name Sumire....

8. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    There can only be one Suu-melody

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    There has been and will be nickname conflicts, such as Akarin in both SKE and NMB. There was a Suuchan in Idoling!!! too so not a big deal IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Obviously you can’t be exclusive outside of the 48 family. Suda Akari also doesn’t use Akarin. I don’t think she has ever tbh. Her nickname is Dasu to the point that she uses it as her twitter handle.

11. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    I've seen that claim before, it's quite incorrect. Other members call her Akarin almost exclusively (unless they're too young and say Suda-san).

There's also a Sakipon in SKE and one in AKB.

Suu-chan graduated long enough ago, I'm totally fine if the nickname gets recycled.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Your opinion is yours.

13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Depends what you're talking about. My opinion on Sakipon, Suuchan, and Akarin nickname sharing and recycling, absolutely, and I respect your right to disagree. The fact that SKE members call Suda ‘Akarin’ is not an opinion though, it's factual and easy to verify.

Cheers :)

15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  16. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    So instead of other people’s thoughts what you actually wanted to see was everyone joining you in condemning the use of Suuchan by others?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    I didn’t condemn anyone I said I disagreed. I wanted people’s opinion. Suuchan has been using Suuchan since way before she joined 48G. Since she auditioned and almost made it into Morning Musume and even before then when she was doing child acting. She still goes by that name and many people in and out of 48G still call her that. Suuchan is her identity just like Yoshida Akari is Akarin and anyone who trys to use it will most likely confuse people. I wanted people’s opinion and they gave it. I didn’t say they were wrong just that I disagreed. I also know that members do call Dasu Dasu - though this isn’t the place to discuss other members that are not related to Suuchan. I wanted to know people’s opinion specifically about the use of her nickname in Suuchan thread. Please stop trying to pick a fight when I’m not.

Again. Not related to Suuchan but I’ll bite. Yes she picked that name when both her and Akarin were brand new. Akari Suda doesn’t use Akarin anywhere as much as she uses Dasu. I’m am repeating myself but she uses Dasu on her official social media which matters more as its more widely visible than her SKE profile. They debuted less than a year apart and neither of them were well known.

——-
    Suuchan is well known. She’s had major campaigns and modeling contracts. Was signed to a major agency, starred in a movie and acted in others all using that name. Not to mention she still has a fairly successful public career that she 100% controls. It’s expected she will sign with an agency once her no compete clause runs out for HoriPro. She still appears in magazines and promotions where they sometimes still refer to her as, you guessed it, Suuchan. A lot of the time they also say in the same sentence that she is former 48G. Little KKS girl who is just now getting her first management push is going to confuse people calling herself that. That is the major reason why I think the name shouldn’t be used by another member of 48G. How would someone feel if another member went by Acchan? Wouldn’t you think that people might get confused?

Hopefully this will be the end of attacking me and talking about random other members nicknames. As I said I wanted to talk about the use of Suuchan by another member in 48G in Sato Sumire’s thread. This just serves to remind me why I don’t come on here anymore.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Suuchan is imo pretty common as a nickname for Sumire.

I'm not pissed if someone else is using "Saechan" as their nickname, it's also just a pretty common nickname. So no reason for a big discussion here imo. It's natural that people with similar names chose similar nicknames, and tbh "Suuchan" isn't even really creative (again, just like "Saechan").
    It would be a different case if someone would use "Suumelody" (or "Genking" respectively)

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I disagree that only Suuchan should be allowed to use "Suuchan" as a nickname. Despite her many projects and everything, it isn't like when someone says "Suuchan", only Suuchan will come to their mind, it isn't that synonymous. "Suuchan" as a nickname isn't unique enough for that, it is just a "-chan" that got attached to a "Suu", after all, and both are quite common on its own too.

Also, I don't think it's the same as when future members decide to use Acchan as their nickname. "Acchan" is a much, much more distinguished nickname to Acchan than "Suuchan" is to Suuchan, mainly because of Acchan's reign as AKB48's top member and centership. But even then, we've had quite a lot of Aachans in the group (from SKE, to Nogi, to JKT).

So yeah, I'd say, if this NMB kks is going to use "Suuchan" as her nickname, she should go ahead and do so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Using such a belittling descriptor to refer to someone trying her hardest to break into super-competitive environment is quite telling.

Don’t try to play a victim. You asked for opinions and got them. The discussion about other members includes examples of nickname conflicts and therefore is relevant.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1