[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @ethereallimbo I'm too near to my sleep-zone to start a proper discussion, but for what I see, NGT already did worse when the case was still open and Maho a member. So, while I understand your point, I feel NGT is doing this only to prevernt the members to have a way to speak up. There's a difference between protecting and stopping. I could be wrong but last part of your reply makes me think we have quite different point of view on the matter, so here is where I wish you good night.. or good day, and go. :chuffed:

• Like Like x 2
  2. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I was surprised that after all this time, NGT management only managed to think up two rules for SNS. I find it interesting that they didn't make a rule like "don't insult people on SNS", or at least "double check your share settings when sending insulting posts on SNS", but instead they brainstormed up this oddly very specific rule about needing permission to un-follow other members. I agree with the sentiment that following/un-following people certainly can send (potentially ambiguous) messages, but that's a small symptom of a much larger problem.

Really maybe the most surprising thing to me is NGT/AKS still seems to have no concept of image control. Which is good in that it shows us what they really care about, but it makes me wonder if any executive in this company has even read a wiki on business management? Sure, say you're going to have some introspection and lay off SNS for a while, good. But then to come back with a bold official statement that appears to take a swipe at Maho? Why would you do that? They could quietly amend the members' contracts with prohibition against un-following if they're really hung up on that point, but why make that a crux of your announcement to the world of how you've solved your problems?

And why does NGT alone need this SNS tutorializing? Surely this is a sign, as if we needed more, that there are serious issues with the group management that I doubt were addressed by some external SNS best-practices speakers coming in and reminding everyone what the internet is.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  4. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Hopefully this means that more of the guilty members will accidentally out themselves and management will be forced to actually take action.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. daner

daner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    After 6 months, they have not taken any appropriate action to solve the problem, their main concern are the consequences, these rules will only protect the management of any other member who needs to do what Maho did.
    This "Management" is a joke.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    Looking at the hs sales report, i can think the reason why

8. Qtyu33

Qtyu33 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Some excerpts from my translations of the Japanese summaries:

From https://saitowinterstar.com/archives/593

From https://saitowinterstar.com/archives/617

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Their TIF is at 9:10 so literally no one is going to see them lol, whats the point

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    I showed up at 9:30 today and plenty of people around.

• Like Like x 1
  13. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    did you manage to catch the performance? if so how did it go, what was the reception like?

14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Edit: Wondered it too... but NGT is tomorrow

15. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    The announcement says the members chose which services they would continue using, rather than being prohibited from some. (Besides the kenkyuusei of course.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I assume that was the poster's opinion, not from the announcement.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Yep, in about 3 hours. Won’t be able to catch it, going to Hiroshima.

18. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Seems NGT has attracted many fans.

Attached Files:

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It's not great for TIF standards, but considering the late announcement and the early slot it's still pretty good.

Various articles:
    https://mdpr.jp/music/detail/1856842
    https://natalie.mu/music/news/342322
    https://thetv.jp/news/detail/200062/
    http://www.wws-channel.com/girls2/157754.html

Hybrid of the ModelPress and Natalie articles (switches from mdpr to mostly natalie around Yuka's opening speech)*:

From August 2nd to 4th, for three consecutive days, the TOKYO IDOL FESTIVAL 2019 is being held in the area of Odaiba and Aomi. On the 2nd day (August 3rd), NGT48 performed.

They performed at the "SMILE GARDEN" stage in Fuji TV Wangan Studio Park. Because of the controversy surrounding the assault of a former member--Yamaguchi Maho--the group had suspended many of its activities, but they are resuming their essential activities.

On the 1st of the month it was suddenly announced that NGT48 would be performing in a new time slot from 09:10 to 09:30, ahead of the Radio Exercise stage that usually opens the day. Since the early morning a large audience had gathered in front of the venue, and staff called out "Let's cheer together as one!" to everyone in front of the stage.

Hearing the members' voices in their huddle before the show, the audience got charged up too. Then, wearing red and white uniforms that hearken back to their origins, all 34 current members came on stage.

[​IMG]

First, before singing, Ogino Yuka lifted her microphone, gave a greeting, and with the whole group bowed deeply. She continued with appreciation for the event, "We wanted to perform with all 34 members of NGT48, and after asking this of the staff they allowed us to stand here on this stage today. I'm than from the bottom of my heart." Occasionally struggling with her words, she continued, "I'm grateful to the TIF staff and everyone else who was involved in giving us a place to perform like this--even though the time schedule had already been decided. And, in the hopes of being accepted again by everyone who cheered for us since debut and all those who were supporting us in Niigata prefecture--and so that all the fans who are cheering for us now will think it was good to hold on and believe, we want to continue on from here performing with all our might and working as hard as we can."

[​IMG]

Before a large audience gathered to watch the stage, in response to Ogino's cry of "TOKYO IDOL FESTIVAL 2019 IKUZOー!" the NGT48 live performance started with their first original song from their 2016 debut, "Max Toki 315go". Then they continued on without a break into two of their single songs, "Seishun Dokei" and "Haru wa Doko kara kuru no ka?". Next, they performed the research student song, "Kyou wa Make demo ii", with Kato Minami, who had been demoted to research student after an inappropriate SNS post in May, singing with a smile in the front row.

[​IMG]

After the fourth song, Ogino expressed her gratitude, "Until we got here I was worried about how many people would turn up, but my heart is filled with thankfulness to see how many of you came to see us even in this heat." Their last song, Ogino's center song "Sekai wa Doko made Aozora na no ka?", was full of power. Homma Hinata, in closing, said "I'm really really happy to be on stage at TIF again this year. Thank you everyone who came so early in the morning and gave us such loud voices of encouragement. All of us in NGT48 want to give it all we've got from here on out again, so please treat us kindly." Then the members bowed their heads and the audience gave warm applause.

[​IMG]

Turns out, just because an article seems to have more words doesn't mean it actually says more, or anything sensible.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  20. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Someone talks about inflated numbers NGT is giving to media... which won't surprise me at all even in normal circumstances.
    What I noticed in my side of twitter is that the info about their performance is near zero, which is quite weird. Yesterday it was filled by other groups video.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1