1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The BNK48 Thread

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    They did great! I found one with the Sky Stage Performance as well!

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
  3. welp

welp Next Girls

BNK's performances in TIF were produced by Pupe. She chose the song to perform and designed the blocking.
    Some Japaneses commented she gave Sasshi's vibe and I can see her takes after Sasshi, not as the top member of the group but as producer idol.

A member of The Ska team revealed that Kai's Kitchen was coming back on The Ska x BNK48 channel.

Maira at it again.
    https://www.facebook.com/bnk48official/photos/a.891767180950541/2238409086286337/?type=3&theater
    Maira has been suspended for 2 months after exposed going out with a guy.

Earlier today, she was accused dating a rapper as a photo on her instagram was shot from the same place at the same to a rapper.
    https://scontent.fhdy3-1.fna.fbcdn....=e700d79c8210a37dbd2db8f39900ba41&oe=5DE2B736
    It was definitely the same cloud in both photos. To the accusation, the rapper explained that they actually hanged out just the 2 of them but they were just friends.

But, that was nothing next to the recurrent issue. I believe almost all of you must remember the controversy between Maira and a married director named Suchart. It seemed like the issue had been resolved after Suchart, his wife and the agency clarified that Maira and Suchart just accidentally ran into each other and found out they were going to the same place thus, Maira rode Suchart's car to a shopping mall. However, recently, a woman claimed to be the sister of the wife of Suchart left a comment on Maira's facebook page as following
    https://f.ptcdn.info/411/065/000/pvyjds43fdN0M9CEU6Ft-o.jpg
    "I won't involve with the like of you if you didn't hurt my sister. You fear no karma. You weren't used by him, you were well aware what you got yourself into. You committed an affair without remorse to the baby in the womb. I have to word to describe the like of you.

You lied to my pregnant sister that you 2 would break up but you kept seeing each other. My sis has been hurt by you two many times. I can bear no more.

I leave this comment so you all will be aware that my sis has been victimized, fooled and outcasted for a bastard, for her soon-to-be-born child. He fooled my sis to clear him.
    "

Wota detective has yet to verify if the person really was the sister of Suchart's wife but Suchart and his wife followed her. The comment was deleted after 3 days but it had already been captured and shared. Some wota speculated the issue relating to Suchart might have been sorted out or be simply misunderstanding so she deleted the comment. Another possibility is it's Maira as the owner of the facebook page deleting the comment.

I don't know if this another round of Suchart controversy will be resolved. Anyway, most wotas think the inappropriate meeting with another guy within less than a year is enough to end her idol career.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  4. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    The rapper (Dif Kids) has admitted that they went to visit the museum together. He claims that they have a sibling-like relationship and that there is no romantic relationship between them. He acknowledges that it sounds unbelievable, but that is the truth.

Irregardless of whether they have any romantic relationship going on or not, she should have been more careful going on a one on one excursion with a guy (and even taking photos to document it), especially since she's already been in the news for something like this. It just seems careless and unfair for all the other girls who follow the rules. When antis use this incident to attack the group, they don't just attack Maira but BNK48 as a whole. It's unbelievably careless & selfish of her.

5. welp

welp Next Girls

In my opinion, it's this mindset of wota that is detrimental to BNK than Maira's relationship with the rapper. To general public, nothing is wrong with a girl already in her early 20's to date someone in public space. The wota commenting as if the relationship is a sin makes the fandom look like a crazy cult. What really scandalous is the relationship with the director but, that has not been proven and is not what most wota attacking her for. If she actually dated the director, 2 month suspension is too light of penalty and "careless and selfish" is too light of criticism. What anti says has no value to the public.

In my opinion, Maira should not be punished from her relationship with the rapper and leave it to fans if they mind about her relationship. But, the accusation on her and the director has to be quickly investigated and clarified.

By the way, the plot thickened as, judging from the rapper's sns activities, he had had a girlfriend. So, there are more questions, had they broken up before he started dating Maira, did Maira know he had already been in a relationship, was she fooled by the man or just nonchalant.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Agreed. While I couldn’t care less if members date, it still gives antis ammo to attack the group with. She should’ve thought about that. In this case, I still believe she’s genuinely just friends with the rapper, but irregardless of the truth, she should know that her actions affect everyone else in the group. In an ideal world, no one would care about the dating ban, but in reality, it remains that dating has a negative effect on the group’s income.

Also agreed that the real scandal isn’t whether or not she dates the rapper. It’s the supposed affair she has with a married director. If it surfaces that the accusation is true, 2 months suspension is definitely way too light. For both her sake and BNK’s sake, I truly hope that it’s baseless.

7. welp

welp Next Girls

Anti can attack wota only because wota is triggered by it. If wota reacted to the relationship coldly, anti can't do anything. The agency should have not taken action on this and wota should have not ranted or burst out on internet. Wota should have just quietly put her on ignore list or, even better, just embraced whatever action complying with social norm.

Her relationship damaged the group not because it tarnished the group's image to public eyes but because it shook wota's fantasy that idols were innocent in love and shy away from relationship with guys.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Not necessary, even if fans have no fantasy that the girls are innocent or whatever, they can still dislike how her actions negatively affect the group.
    I'll use myself as a personal example - I couldn't care less who Maira dates, but I don't like it when I see how her actions have given antis ammo to attack the group now.
    If you just search on social media, you'll see antis commenting on things like "LOL, idol group my ass, more like a hooker group" "They should stop practicing singing & dancing and practice riding dick" "Haha dumbass wotas paying money to hands with other peoples girlfriends", etc.

These comments aren't coming from unreasonable wotas - they're coming from antis who don't care about the truth but are eager to use any piece of bad news to clown the group.

9. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    They just announced a sub-unit of Music, Kaimook, Jaa. It's seem like they going to sing a original song(?), other information still TBA but They going to have debut stage on 1 September at Nippon Haku.
    67898909_2242223542571558_8921647375970205696_n.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  10. welp

welp Next Girls

Are they? I suspect these antis are wotas. I'm not into J-pop and I'm totally careless if any member will date. I don't see the public minds when actresses/singers in their late 10's or early 20's date. Their disses show they understand wota/idol culture to a degree. I don't think the public even know wota has to buy ticket to shakehand with idols.

Also, they picked the costume themselves. And, Job said a new group would be revealed. Fans believe this "new group" is CGM48, we will see contestants for the first time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    To be fair, given how mass BNK48 has become, it's incredibly common for mainstream people to know that BNK48 has handshake events. I mean, BNK48 has basically become mainstream - you can barely go a day in downtown Bangkok without seeing them, whether it's in ads on the BTS, on drinks in 7-11, for Grab, etc. You'd really have to make an effort to avoid them & not know BNK48. You might not KNOW know them, but you've at least heard of it.

Also with all the media reporting about the 48G culture last year when BNK48 first came into the spotlight, most people became aware of all the things unique to the group that hasn't really been seen before in Thailand, e.g. dating ban, General Election, handshake events, etc. Again, likewise, even if they don't know about it deeply, it's very likely they've at least heard about this aspect of the culture on mainstream media (e.g. talk shows with celebrities talking about how their husbands go to handshake events, etc.) It seems many antis only understand these sensationalistic aspects of the culture and blow it out of proportions to attack the group.

Finally, yes, the public doesn't care when celebrities this age dates, but somehow when it comes to BNK48, they see it as something to mock - that's why they're antis. That's also why many people who don't fall into your category of 'wota's fantasy that idols were innocent in love and shy away from relationship with guys', such as women & LGBT fans (of which there are many) still criticize Maira's actions. They aren't doing it because the have some pure idol fantasy, but because they love these girls and they don't want antis to use Maira's actions as ammo to attack the girls. Which the antis are currently doing - they're not attacking just Maira. They're attacking the whole group based on her individual actions.

12. welp

welp Next Girls

Mini update relating to Maira.
    The rapper flirted with his other girl on IG. This meant he two-timed between Maira and this non-celeb girlfriend and Maira was mere a toy, a fling to him.

Orn to star a drama
    [​IMG]
    It is a remake of a popular Korean drama "Let's Fight Ghost" aired in 2016.

This will be a production of True CJ and aired on True4U. So, we can't expect the drama to reach 0.3 rating yet, it will be much more relevant and better made than that the weightlifting drama to be aired on TPBS.

The director is Kongkiat Khomsiri. He has directed some movies, Art of the Devil, Muaythai Chaiya, Khun Pan, and some dramas for One, My Life's to Kill, My Love's for You (ชีวิตเพื่อฆ่า หัวใจเพื่อเธอ) and, Chaimaijing Yingtae (ชายไม่จริง หญิงแท้). I like his films but not his dramas.

The male lead and the protagonist is Saint (Suppapong) who got popular through a yaoi drama "Love by Chance". He is also a member of the boy group Kissboys whose members are actors of yaoi dramas.

I remember watching the Korean version. The lead female, Kim Sohyun was the spirit of a highschool girl helping out the lead male, Ok Taekyeon who fought ghost to make ends meet. Orn seriously doesn't look like highschool girl.

The airing period is yet to be scheduled and we may get to see it in 2021.

No. They are ignorant. To the public, BNK is just a girl group of big number of members singing the cookie song. It's not surprising that the majority doesn't even know BNK has over 20 members and many elderly don't know it is a franchise of a Japanese origin, just like how BNK's fans tend to be oblivious about what going on showbiz outside of BNK's world. They keep saying Thai music industry is dying, RS has shut down its music business, totally clueless that music is a growing business of GMM generating over 2 billion bahts to the corporation. I won't be surprised if majority of them don't know Mew is marrying Saint/Saint is Cris' ex.

It's not like other female celebs aren't attacked. There were obnoxious comments when Jazzy was reported dating Jaokhun despite the 2 being minors. The gay is especially nasty with their words.

I'll repeat that the attack of the anti has no weight to the public, only wota and anti care.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. welp

welp Next Girls

Truly controversial
    Kaew exposed using knock-off
    Kaew often spotted using designers' brands products but, almost all of them likely are fake as pointed out on twitter. Since knock-off is illegal, buying the product is crime supporting. Kaew has yet to respond to the accusation.

several outlets have reported it
    [​IMG]
    Currently a hot topic #kaewlovedesingersbrand
    #kaewlovedesignersbrand trends. A member of a popular girl group exposed using knock-off

[​IMG]
    Netizens expose BNK48's Kaew of fake noblesse, flaunting counterfeit
    and more.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  14. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    As much as it is important to support an original brand this feels a bit overblown tbh hhh (or is it just me?)

15. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    It’s clearly wrong (the use of counterfeit goods), but also a bit hypocritical since many of the people bashing her have probably used counterfeits in their own lives, whether by buying counterfeit goods or watching pirated/torrented shows, etc. Pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

To be honest it’s more a case of BNK having a lot of antis who are just waiting for a chance to pounce, and this is it. On the other hand, the fact that something seemingly trivial like this reached number one trending in Thailand for the entire day, when it’d barely make any news if a non-BNK celebrity did it, indicates that the name BNK still has relevance to the public. True, it’s negative press but many celebrities have learnt to trade off that, from Paris Hilton to Kim Kardashian to Kanye West. I’d be more worried when a scandal happens and no one talks about BNK - that’s when they really become irrelevant to the public.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  16. welp

welp Next Girls

Oh. No. After wota has been promoting stop saying "something trivial like this" because it gives wota bad ignorant image. Are fake handshake ticket, leaked paid contents "something trivial" too? Let's see if BNK can last without serious countermeasure against these "something trivial".

It top trended as someone attacked on K-pop idol saying Kaew used fake products but K-pop idols had fake faces. This riled up K-pop stans and they opened war against BNK's wotas on twitter.
    [​IMG]

17. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

It's funny. Catfight like that never last long.

18. PunShark

PunShark Kenkyuusei

I think Kaew's controversial is a big thing now because she has used it as her gimmick. People (that support BNK, not general public) used to associate her look with luxury product and she also gained her identity in the band from doing so. When it came out as it's all fake, it's kinda big slap in the face for the fans.

Worst is she also gave some of these knock-off products to other BNK members. They didn't know these were fake stuff and some of them gave authentic gifts back to her.

19. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
  20. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Please remind me the last time a celebrity became Number One trending because of something like this. Oh, like never, because usually no one cares. People really do think it’s trivial, because if they don’t, they wouldn’t be supporting all the night markets around Thailand. MBK & Chatuchak would be flooded with protesters demanding these places close down if people really did care. But no, people only care when it comes to BNK & how they attack them. Suddenly these people who didn’t care at all about knockoff goods are copyright warriors. It’s the height of hypocrisy & double standards.

Also, it should be pointed out that many wotas suspect the person trolling K-Pop isn’t even a wota but an anti who is purposely doing it to incite K-Pop fans to bash BNK. In fact that account even stated that they troll K-Pop fans because it’s easy to stir & incite them.

On the other hand, looking at the way some people here talk about BNK, I’d assume they were a BNK anti rather than a fan, yet they seem to follow BNK’s every move. I honestly won’t be surprised if they turned out to be 7Mangda, their speaking style even sounds similar.