Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. kojimako

kojimako Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Kojima Mako
    Twitter:
    48keran
  2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

First of all, I want to say thanks for fixing all the thread titles issues in Hinata section! it looks perfect now!

I have something else I wanted to ask, I think this one is for admins. in the main page, under the AKB section, the sub-sections go from Team A to Team K then Team B then Team 4, but then the next is AKB Kenkyuusei... and Team 8 is under that. it would make more sense if Team 8 is after AKB4 so it's in the right order A-K-B-4-8, and Team 8 are full members and kennins in other teams so they're above kenkyuusei level. if an admin could please make the change ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Erbeon

Erbeon Member

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    Few pages ago I've suggested to make aliases for Team 8 members in their teams forums, for example:
    Yuiyui in Team A, Naruchan in Team K etc.

Also it'll be good to update threads(especially first posts) for teams like this one: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/akb48-team-a.466/
    Or maybe archive old one and make new one by active admins/moderators.

4. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Why is Stage48 popping up with database errors recently???

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Database errors once again... :fp:

6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    This is a post about double posting, yes I know it is not allowed, I'm bringing my own thoughts

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/general-the-hkt48-thread.4558/page-367#post-1620431

I think there are some issues nowadays not because of the rules, but a consequence of the forum members usage.
    It looks like isn't as many visitors nowadays as in some years, or people are less active I can't really say.
    IMO this cause some brought information to have from no reactions to only a few.
    At the time I registered, (long ago) few posts would have no answer in the following hour (without S), at least that's my impression back then.

In the exemple above. I posted two distinctive informations, and I think both desserved some attention.
    An updated topic title not only goes on top but also becomes bold.
    An edited post doesn't produce those effects.
    So I thought of a new post to have people noticing it.
    Is it wrong, yes absolutly by the rules, but ............ well sometimes.... news happen you can't say when in advance.
    So, does an information different enough justify a double post ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I dutyfully edit my posts if no one else has responded in the thread and a day hasn't passed yet (going as far as deleting posts when I accidentally double posted)

the 'problem' then is indeed that people who already has seen my post won't see that I updated it and furthermore, if the post then spans several subjects there is no way to see if someone hit's a like or dislike what part of the post the like/dislike/agree/disagree is about.
    Not that I'm hung up on likes/dislikes etc. but it is a way to see if I'm engaging or interacting with other forum members, and sometimes I wonder why people hit a button, wondering about what makes it more baffling :)

otoh.. I understand why the rule is in place ... but sometimes it's a bit 'awkward'

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    How about you do a 2nd post, which includes all the text from the first post and then delete the first post? This way the thread gets updated and there is only one post of you left. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    oooo .... creative! :)

ow .. wait ... then I'll loose the likes I already got and that would be the end of civilisation as we know it :D ....

but, to be a bit more serious ... it's a kinda ingenious solution, but doesn't fix my 'problem'

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I remember once in the Nogizaka General thread when I saw that there was suddenly a lot of discussion about a news item. I can't remember exactly what it was but what I do remember is that I had no idea what people were talking about! It was only when I went back up the thread when I noticed that this news had been added to an existing post after I'd read it. The poster had obviously done that to get around the no double posting rule. Therefore I think there should be some discretion about allowing double posts but obviously only in certain circumstances.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    You have a choice: wait or not.

The following exchange started with me responding to a post by innousu in Mako's thread. The last quote is from the ITZY thread.

In between these posts, I edited rather than waited a number of times. If the thread is not that lively, then either not that many will have read your first post during the 20 minutes that it took you to find new information or waiting 24 hours shouldn't matter. If what you want to post is that important, someone else will post it for you (see the first quote).

Note that there are posters who chronicle the life and SNS of members, and they don't need to have separate posts for morning, noon, and night everyday. Some even wait a week to give you the full summary in one post. The other strategy is to delay any posting until you see if there is something new. There is no special prize for being first (although it does feel nice).

As I said, you have a choice.

P.S. Here is another example of me cheating; I just couldn't wait 24 hours (Morning Musume thread):

Sunday at 2:26 PM
    Yesterday at 2:23 PM

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  12. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    With regard to thread flooding...

I would estimate at least 90% of the cases of flooding we deal with, the posts are done within a few minutes of one another. What I personally am not doing is micro-managing to the point where a post done 23+ hours later is flagged. I see that occasionally, and usually I let it go.

Personally, I am not a fan of the "delete, repost" method, but technically it isn't against the rules.

At the same time, and this is basically rehashing what sscrla has already said, most of the complaints I see stem from a lack of patience. i.e. "I have information. I must post it RIGHT NOW!" Or this idea that all social media by a member must be posted in real time. The fact is that in almost all these cases there was no real urgency to post this information, and I would much rather see people posting a summary of highlights rather than every single small detail in separate posts. I know certain people disagree with me on this point, but not every single piece of peripherally-related information about a member needs to be posted to their thread. Member threads were never meant to be matome sites.

I will give an example using my oshimen's thread, since I am the main poster there, and sometimes run into this dilemma....

1) There are times when I have new information, or a new experience post I want to do, but I always wait for the 24 hours to pass. (Well, admittedly I once posted in a 23 hour, 40 minute separation once, but it was because I had to leave for the day) The bottom line is unless it is earth-shattering news, it can wait. And if it is earth-shattering news, someone else will post it soon enough.

2) Please be a little more selective on what you post. Like I said, every little tidbit does not need to be regurgitated on the member thread. For example (again, using my oshimen)

1a) Wasamin announces a solo concert (thread-worthy)
    1b) Wasamin announces she bought a blouse (not thread-worthy)
    2a) Wasamin had chocolate ice cream (not thread-worthy)
    2b) Wasamin had a tub of chocolate ice cream dumped on her head (Now THAT'S thread-worthy!)
    3a) Wasamin had lunch with Fukuda Kanon (thread-worthy)
    3b) Wasamin had lunch (not thread-worthy)
    4a) Wasamin went bowling with her family (not thread-worthy)
    4b) Wasamin posts video of herself hitting a 7-10 split (thread-worthy)
    5a) Wasamin shared a couple photos of her dogs, Hamu and Cheezu (Not thread-worthy)
    5b) Wasamin posts pic of herself wearing nothing but strategically-placed Hamu and Cheezu (thread-worthy, and NSFW!)

(had to edit in the joke)

You get what I'm saying? My point is the more you clutter a member's thread with information the less user-friendly that thread becomes, especially when every post is filled with multiple pics, links, and videos. I go to some threads and the explosion of information on these pages gives me a virtual headache almost immediately.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    btw, there isn't a rule agains retro-actively editing posts, is there?
    With that I mean, editing a post in such way as to change the whole meaning and context, 'rewriting history' thereby changing the meaning of responses
    (not that that works if responses quoted the original post anyway)
    I don't recall seeing it done anyway, I'm just curious

14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @dutchie No, there is no specific rule addressing that. Hasn't been a problem (although I have seen it done a couple times)

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Just wondering if @Cristafari or any admin can answer to this post that I wrote here a while ago and I didn't get an answer yet. is it possible to make the change?

16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @Mana

Despite being an admin, I am nearly as well-versed in the technical aspects of this forum, I leave that stuff to Kanjo and Kuura (oh, and Waffle) That said...

Personally, it doesn't make a difference to me which one shows up first on the list. If Team 8 appears above the KKS, that's fine. At the end of the day I just don't think it's a big deal.

I understand your logic. However, it could also be argued that the Kenkyuusei came before Team 8, and chronologically belong under Team 4 in the pecking order. Moreover, the KKS are not a 'feeder' to Team 8, so technically they aren't 'under' them.

But like I said, if the other admins want to make this change, I'm okay with it.

17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Thanks for the answer! (I accidentally gave you a negative rating but I took it back LOL :^^;:)

My logic is more just that Team 8 are full members and most are even part of 2 teams so they are more "official" than kenkyuusei. But also it would just look better if it's A-K-B-4-8 in order [hehe] I hope it isn't difficult to do, I'm going to tag @kanjo and @Kuura then :chuffed:

18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm not sure when the admins will see my post above but while I'm at it, there's something else. if I understood well, NGT now doesn't have teams anymore, they're kinda like STU with only members and kenkyuusei. So I think it would be good to merge the Team NIII and Team G sections into one section and call it "NGT48 Members", and merge their galleries to "NGT48 Gallery" as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I idn't check if this has been allready debated, anyway should there be a minimum requirements before being able to give any ratings ?
    I suspect some "secondary acounts" created especially to give <insert good or bad> ratings
    This kind of behavior allow a certain anonymity, in other words, a form of abuse of the rating system.

20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Pretty sure the mods don't really care about the rating system, but anybody doing that is just plain pathetic
    But to add my 2 cents ... I'm not sure adding rules and regulation for everything is going to make this a better forum .... the few rules there are are pretty straightforward and by and large everyone complies with them and plays nice

in those cases they don't ... well then we have the unsurpassed @Cristafari and others mods to restore order (in those big red letters everybody dreads ;) )

• Agree Agree x 1