1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The SGO48 Thread

Discussion in 'SGO48 News & Discussion' started by tgsk48, Jun 21, 2018.

1. otabe

otabe Member

Oshimen:
    soranyan
    it's pretty neat how the doc and the shows episode has English subs. They are pumping out content for a wider audience that is easily accessible to? :1st:

I'm probably going back to visit family around Saigon next year so I wonder will they have any events or live shows by then :fear:

2. soluuloi

soluuloi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Hard to say. Most of the positive receptions are from the pro-Japanese culture groups. They are rather unknown in main stream although they have appearing on famous game shows and events frequently. A decade ago, they would have been a big hit since it's the peak of idol type girl bands in Vietnam and Sgo48 is easily the best of them all. But the wide audience is bored of these girl bands and most of them have been disbanded. Even the Akb48 fans in Vietnam were not as strong and vocal as they used to be.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    New song by SGO48 - Namida Surprise

if the video does not show watch the video here

4. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

To me, SGO48 is already a success. Maybe not top notch, but they are doing decent. At the Feel In Japan festival, they sold 2k copies and I believe the numbers are higher by now. Also, they are the second non-japanese group to debut with over 1 million views. Heavy Rotation is at the moment 1.375 million views and I believe it will reach 2 million by the end of the year. Hopefully sooner. But still, I think their management should allow overseas fans to buy their merchandise. They are the ones like people said here the most positive to them.

5. welp

welp Next Girls

Wasn't the view bloated by ads, because the agency bought ads for the video?

Heavy Rotation is the most popular song of AKB48. The agency likely wished for an explosive debut using this song. As we've seen, the debut received lukewarm to cool response. What song else can SGO release to hit big? River and Koisuru Fortune Cookie? But, Koisuru Fortune Cookie has similar feel to Heavy Rotation, if Heavy Rotation doesn't make it, so will Koisuru Fortune Cookie.

6. soluuloi

soluuloi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Uza will do but I am 100% sure SGO48 wont EVER be able to perform it as good as the original. I have watched JKT and SNH version and they are not even as half good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Looks like SGO has a healthy young fan base

• Like Like x 2
  8. jayismehhh

jayismehhh Kenkyuusei

Was going to comment on that too it’s quite surprising. Does BNK (plus JKT and MNL) also have tons of female (or young in general) fans like this?

9. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

I don't see anything wrong buying ads. As long as they get something in return, which is 1.4 million views.

SGO48's next song should be High Tension. Reason why: Vietnamese audience do enjoy Kpoppish songs because of the huge interest for Kpop. And the song was covered by Produce48 groups, so that could be good PR too.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    True, Kpop groups buy ads all the time. As do western artist. So it’s no biggie.

Agreed, High Tension would be perfect for them

Hopefully the new songs they performed recently will be added as their B-sides

11. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Hi! This is so totally off-topic and I am sorry for doing so, but, in my neck of the woods, Florida, USA, I found out that there is going to be a Vietnamese Festival and I am hoping I can find more Americans who enjoy SGO48 as much as I do! Cross Fingers for me!

vietnam_festival.jpg vietnam_english.jpg

12. welp

welp Next Girls

No. I believe SGO can pull off Uza dance. I can tell from their performances that the dance training there is more of K-pop style, meaning they get to better learn dance basics, especially body isolation needed to do body roll, the key move in this routine. JKT was the worst as members clearly didn't get proper training and everyone had very stiff body.

I didn't mention Uza as I have not seen any sister group made it popular to any extent. Besides, the lyric is pretty absurd and the beat is mid-tempo.

I too see nothing wrong buying ads but, you can't use view as a parameter to assess the popularity as it has been skewed by ads.

I'm afraid that, if they do High Tension, it will be forced to be original Saho version rather than the popular K-pop-ized Yunjin version.

13. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    They released a single and planning to release a second one in november. They seem to be still operating at a loss, I believe.
    Despite the economic boom, unlike Korea, I think Vietnam currently is not a fertile ground for native groups. I recalled that around 1990s and early 2000s, there were really famous groups but most of them were disbanded, the rests are much overshadowed now and only a few are still relevant. Almost every well know Vietnamese singers today are soloists.

14. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    SGO48 held an event today in AEON mall Binh Tan
    They do perform two new song Namida Surprise and 365 nichi no kamihikouki
    Setlist:
    M01. Overture + Heavy Rotation
    Members: Châu Ngọc Đoan Thảo (Hikari), Võ Phan Kim Khánh (Kaycee), Nguyễn Thị Lệ (Lệ Trang), Huỳnh Ngô Kim Châu (Mon), Trần Cát Tường (Anna), Đặng Thị Huỳnh Như (Minxy), Lê Phạm Thủy Tiên (Tiên Linh), Lê Sunny (Sunny), Nguyễn Hồ Trùng Dương (Yunyun), Lê Thị Thu Nga (Thu Nga), Nguyễn Lê Ngọc Ánh Sáng (Ánh Sáng), Nguyễn Quế Minh Hân (Sachi), Nguyễn Thanh Hoàng My (Mochi), Nguyễn Trương Tường Vy (Janie), Vương Mai Linh (Linh Mai)
    Link performance:

MC
    Senbatsu member introduce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_d1Hf5lMRo

M02. 365 Nichi no Kamihikouhi
    Members: Võ Ngọc Xuân Ca (Xuân Ca), Linh Mai, Trúc Phạm, Hikari, Tiên Linh, Kaycee, Anna, Trùng Dương, Sachi, Lệ Trang, Thu Nga, Janie, Ánh Sáng, Mochi, Mon, Sunny
    Link performance:

MC

M03. SGO48
    Members: Xuân Ca, Minxy, Sunny, Trần Lý Minh Thư (Ashley), Nguyễn Thị Thúy Nga (Celia), Lê Nguyễn Như Thảo (Sally), Ngô Thị Cẩm Nhi (Nini), Lê Nguyễn Phụng Nhi (Phụng Nhi), Nguyễn Lê Thùy Ngọc (Elena), Nguyễn Thị Minh Thư (Tammy), Lê Mẫn Nghi ( Mẫn Nghi )
    Link performance:

MC + Birthday celebration: Anna, Xuân Ca, Trúc Phạm

M04. Namida surprise
    Members: Thái Gia Nghi (Gia Nghi), Hikari, Kaycee, Linh Mai, Janie, Trùng Dương, Lệ Trang, Anna, Sachi, Ánh Sáng, Thu Nga, Tiên Linh, Dona, Trúc Phạm, Mochi, Thu Nga
    Link performance:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. onego123

onego123 Member

The group only just started releasing music so them operating at a loss is not only to be expected, but normal, and will most likely continue for the first 3 or 4 years. If it continues past that then it'll be worrisome. The new costumes remind me of BNK Festival meets AKB's KFC. I hope they do something that I'm not thinking of though.
    Also they perform at AEON Mall a lot so I think that's where the theater might be.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  16. Izzy Trinh

Oshimen:
    All SGO48's performance since debut:
    (Since the senbatsu changed quite a lot from the beginning, this is the original who perform the song for the first time)
    01. Shonichi
    Châu Ngọc Đoan Thảo (Hikari), Võ Phan Kim Khánh (Kaycee), Nguyễn Thị Lệ (Lệ Trang), Huỳnh Ngô Kim Châu (Mon), Trần Cát Tường (Anna), Đặng Thị Huỳnh Như (Minxy), Lê Phạm Thủy Tiên (Tiên Linh), Lê Sunny (Sunny), Nguyễn Hồ Trùng Dương (Trùng Dương), Lê Thị Thu Nga (Thu Nga), Nguyễn Lê Ngọc Ánh Sáng (Ánh Sáng), Nguyễn Quế Minh Hân (Sachi), Nguyễn Thanh Hoàng My (Mochi), Nguyễn Trương Tường Vy (Janie), Vương Mai Linh (Linh Mai), Trần Lý Minh Thư (Ashley), Nguyễn Thị Thúy Nga (Celia), Lê Nguyễn Như Thảo (Như Thảo), Ngô Thị Cẩm Nhi (Nini), Lê Nguyễn Phụng Nhi (Phụng Nhi), Võ Ngọc Xuân Ca (Xuân Ca), Nguyễn Lê Thùy Ngọc (Elena), Lê Mẫn Nghi (Mẫn Nghi), Nguyễn Thị Minh Thư (Tammy), Nguyễn Thị Nhi (Dona), Thái Gia Nghi (Gia Nghi), Koseki Yumi (graduated)

02. Aitakatta
    Châu Ngọc Đoan Thảo (Hikari), Võ Phan Kim Khánh (Kaycee), Nguyễn Thị Lệ (Lệ Trang),Nguyễn Thị Nhi (Dona) , Trần Cát Tường (Anna), Đặng Thị Huỳnh Như (Minxy), Lê Phạm Thủy Tiên (Tiên Linh), Lê Sunny (Sunny), Nguyễn Hồ Trùng Dương (Trùng Dương), Lê Thị Thu Nga (Thu Nga), Nguyễn Lê Ngọc Ánh Sáng (Ánh Sáng), Nguyễn Quế Minh Hân (Sachi), Nguyễn Thanh Hoàng My (Mochi), Nguyễn Trương Tường Vy (Janie), Vương Mai Linh (Linh Mai)

03. Shoujotachi Yo
    Châu Ngọc Đoan Thảo (Hikari), Võ Phan Kim Khánh (Kaycee), Nguyễn Thị Lệ (Lệ Trang), Nguyễn Thị Nhi (Dona) , Trần Cát Tường (Anna), Huỳnh Ngô Kim Châu (Mon) , Lê Phạm Thủy Tiên (Tiên Linh), Lê Sunny (Sunny), Nguyễn Hồ Trùng Dương (Trùng Dương), Lê Thị Thu Nga (Thu Nga), Nguyễn Lê Ngọc Ánh Sáng (Ánh Sáng), Nguyễn Quế Minh Hân (Sachi), Nguyễn Thanh Hoàng My (Mochi), Nguyễn Trương Tường Vy (Janie), Vương Mai Linh (Linh Mai)

* Since there isn't an offical anouncement about the center of first three performance yet, but I considers based on the choreography.

04. SGO48
    Châu Ngọc Đoan Thảo (Hikari), Võ Phan Kim Khánh (Kaycee), Nguyễn Thị Lệ (Lệ Trang), Huỳnh Ngô Kim Châu (Mon), Trần Cát Tường (Anna), Đặng Thị Huỳnh Như (Minxy), Lê Phạm Thủy Tiên (Tiên Linh), Lê Sunny (Sunny), Nguyễn Hồ Trùng Dương (Trùng Dương), Lê Thị Thu Nga (Thu Nga), Nguyễn Lê Ngọc Ánh Sáng (Ánh Sáng), Nguyễn Quế Minh Hân (Sachi), Nguyễn Thanh Hoàng My (Mochi), Nguyễn Trương Tường Vy (Janie), Vương Mai Linh (Linh Mai), Trần Lý Minh Thư (Ashley), Nguyễn Thị Thúy Nga (Celia), Lê Nguyễn Như Thảo (Như Thảo), Ngô Thị Cẩm Nhi (Nini), Lê Nguyễn Phụng Nhi (Phụng Nhi), Võ Ngọc Xuân Ca (Xuân Ca), Nguyễn Lê Thùy Ngọc (Elena), Lê Mẫn Nghi (Mẫn Nghi), Nguyễn Thị Minh Thư (Tammy), Nguyễn Thị Nhi (Dona), Thái Gia Nghi (Gia Nghi), Koseki Yumi (graduated)

05. Heavy Rotation (1st single)
    Châu Ngọc Đoan Thảo (Hikari), Võ Phan Kim Khánh (Kaycee), Nguyễn Thị Lệ (Lệ Trang), Huỳnh Ngô Kim Châu (Mon), Trần Cát Tường (Anna), Đặng Thị Huỳnh Như (Minxy), Lê Phạm Thủy Tiên (Tiên Linh), Lê Sunny (Sunny), Nguyễn Hồ Trùng Dương (Trùng Dương), Lê Thị Thu Nga (Thu Nga), Nguyễn Lê Ngọc Ánh Sáng (Ánh Sáng), Nguyễn Quế Minh Hân (Sachi), Nguyễn Thanh Hoàng My (Mochi), Nguyễn Trương Tường Vy (Janie), Vương Mai Linh (Linh Mai)

06. SGO Festival
    Châu Ngọc Đoan Thảo (Hikari), Võ Phan Kim Khánh (Kaycee), Nguyễn Thị Lệ (Lệ Trang), Trần Cát Tường (Anna), Lê Phạm Thủy Tiên (Tiên Linh), Lê Sunny (Sunny), Nguyễn Hồ Trùng Dương (Trùng Dương), Lê Thị Thu Nga (Thu Nga), Nguyễn Lê Ngọc Ánh Sáng (Ánh Sáng), Nguyễn Quế Minh Hân (Sachi), Nguyễn Thanh Hoàng My (Mochi), Nguyễn Trương Tường Vy (Janie), Vương Mai Linh (Linh Mai), Võ Ngọc Xuân Ca (Xuân Ca), Lê Nguyễn Như Thảo (Như Thảo)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC-_R-SmjA0

07. Namida surprise
    Châu Ngọc Đoan Thảo (Hikari), Võ Phan Kim Khánh (Kaycee), Nguyễn Thị Lệ (Lệ Trang), Nguyễn Thị Nhi (Dona) , Trần Cát Tường (Anna), Thái Gia Nghi (Gia Nghi), Lê Phạm Thủy Tiên (Tiên Linh), Huỳnh Ngô Kim Châu (Mon), Nguyễn Hồ Trùng Dương (Trùng Dương), Lê Thị Thu Nga (Thu Nga), Nguyễn Lê Ngọc Ánh Sáng (Ánh Sáng), Nguyễn Quế Minh Hân (Sachi), Nguyễn Thanh Hoàng My (Mochi), Nguyễn Trương Tường Vy (Janie), Vương Mai Linh (Linh Mai)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rxzjjHzf_M

08. 365 Nichi no Kamihikouhi
    Châu Ngọc Đoan Thảo (Hikari), Võ Phan Kim Khánh (Kaycee), Nguyễn Thị Lệ (Lệ Trang), Trần Cát Tường (Anna), Huỳnh Ngô Kim Châu (Mon) , Lê Phạm Thủy Tiên (Tiên Linh), Lê Sunny (Sunny), Nguyễn Hồ Trùng Dương (Trùng Dương), Lê Thị Thu Nga (Thu Nga), Nguyễn Lê Ngọc Ánh Sáng (Ánh Sáng), Nguyễn Quế Minh Hân (Sachi), Nguyễn Thanh Hoàng My (Mochi), Nguyễn Trương Tường Vy (Janie), Vương Mai Linh (Linh Mai), Võ Ngọc Xuân Ca (Xuân Ca)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B5HTm8qg1U

09. Ponytail to Shushu (short ver from Asia Festival in Shanghai, the song hasn't been offical performed in Vietnam yet)
    Trần Cát Tường (Anna), Võ Phan Kim Khánh (Kaycee), Vương Mai Linh (Linh Mai), Lê Thị Thu Nga (Thu Nga), Nguyễn Lê Ngọc Ánh Sáng (Ánh Sáng), Nguyễn Quế Minh Hân (Sachi), Nguyễn Thanh Hoàng My (Mochi), Nguyễn Trương Tường Vy (Janie)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVca5efa0PI

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Izzy Trinh

Oshimen:
    AEON is one of theỉr sponsors that why they promo for AEON and always hold event in AEON Mall

18. Akiteru

Akiteru Kenkyuusei

SGO48 will performances at Thống Nhất Stadium in a derby football in V-League : Sài Gòn FC vs HCM FC
    Time: 19h45 (Vietnam time), 20/9/2019
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

I hope SGO48 don't get restricted to just remake AKB48 songs to vietnamese. Why not let them do their own songs with concept that appeals to vietnamese audience? Audience prefer ballad to pop mixed with the rising popularity of hip hop and EDM. Even domestic groups that kinda of underrated are going that route and gain decent success 5-10 million views.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Izzy Trinh

Oshimen:
    But if SGO48 don’t remake the AKB48’s songs, they won’t be a sister group of AKB. And talking about ballad, the 48 groups do have lots of great ballad song so why SGO need a new song? Remember, JKT take 8 years to have their first original song so an original song for SGO? Not now at least they want to lose all the AKB fan who support them because of the 48 songs and concept.

• Agree Agree x 2