1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 9th / Last Single [Dare ga Sono Kane wo Narasu no ka?] (2020/08/21)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    just realised there's no release date,hopefully it's out by the end of the year

2. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

There are just as many idol groups with a dark concept. The dark alt-idol scene is pretty crowded right now but you might not know that if you don't pay attention to Japanese music outside of Sakamichi/48G.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

^ Actually, I follow underground idols and know little about 48/46 groups.
    The thing is that the alternative style is not exactly mainstream. So groups like bish, babymetal and keyaki stand out among popular groups, and that’s their charm.

Tbh I’m not against keyaki having a lighter a-side as long as they keep the keyaki likeness.
    For example, kaze ni is lighter yet still has that cool factor.

If you feel differently, let’s just agree to disagree :)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. sno_rpg

sno_rpg Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I'm glad there's some changes but I don't know what to feel about it because Monta, Fuuchan, and Koike (the members who are keeping me to wait for this single) are out this time. I really wonder why Koike is out. I understand Fuuchan, and Monta in some extent (probably near graduation? that's what I'm feeling since Ambivalent).

Anyway, looking forward to what can they offer now with this new color.
    I hope next single management will understand that the biggest change they should do is the center position. No beef on Techi but she's overused. ._.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    On the other hand, I understand management's decision to keep Hirate at center: they have struck gold with Techi as a generational talent.

But also, when the previous generational talent (Jurina) had health issues, she took a hiatus and recovered properly. Maybe some of the decision is also on Techi herself to keep going, in spite of her health problems?

Anyway, I hope the single comes out well. I'm always excited to hear new songs from Keyaki. I'm hoping it will be something calming, but I feel like it won't be, seeing the direction they are going.

• Like Like x 1
  6. asakuraikun

asakuraikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Inori / Ten / Tamami
    I love Techi as center. She's my favorite center in any group right now. She'll probably be around for a long time, if she keeps herself healthy.

It's completely understandable, Techi is not just sucessful but the face of the group (as Acchan was for AKB48, Jurina for SKE48, Milky/Sayaka for NMB48), but it also brings the same questions these groups had back then "What comes next when these girls are gone?". I hope manegement is already thinking about that.

• Like Like x 3
  7. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    it escapes management that this is a group that adopts graduation system, just like their 48g predecessor, i doubt they realli have anything planned after techi's graduation
    hopefully tenchan :awesome:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Agreed. Ten-chan seems like a potential future center, which is why I agree with the decision to bring her along slowly and not rush her development.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    My bet is on Hikaru
    ...but considering everyone thought of Pon before, we should wait for next-next-gen first [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Jurina was never a generational talent, she was the generational push. Same goes for Hirate tbh.

• Disagree x 7
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I don't agree, but I respect your viewpoint.

In my opinion, to get picked by talent scouts from among thousands of aspiring girls who auditioned, both must have some talent. To stand out among those who were picked alongside you in the auditions and become center, both must have had better talent than their peers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Well if you wanna say being attractive/good-looking is a talent then fine, though it would be better to call it 'generational visual' because 'generational talent' is a football term and in football you do actually need real talent whereas these Aki-P brand idol groups are more or less a collection of young girls picked for their attractiveness while the company manufactures all the rest (music/lyrics, choreo, MV directing, concept, set design, costumes, cinematography, TV production, etc).
    If you were not talking about 'visual' talent then sorry but your words are gibberish and it would seem you are quite gullible to believe whatever is put in front of you.
    In any case it's pretty clear you know little about 48group because Jurina wasn't even the generational visual let alone the generational talent.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Winner Winner x 6
  13. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

Do you really think that mng would push someone unworthy?
    They clearly choose as center the girl that can make an impact, and techi exceeded expectations.
    She was even compared to the legendary yamaguchi momoe, obviously not for her vocals but her aura/charisma.
    I’d argue that charisma is a talent since it’s something you possess naturally and not everybody does.
    I can’t speak for jurina because I don’t know her.

I believe that idols should have some skills which keyaki proved to have by mastering quite complex choreos.

Anyway, I think you can dislike someone and still recognize their merits.
    But let’s not dwell too much on techi again and focus on the group as a whole :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    You’re speaking as if Techi and Jurina are talentless idols who just happen to be pushed and have no input whatsoever. It’s has been long known that Techi (along with other Keyaki members) has input in song choice, staging, setlist, choreography etc. And moreover, Keyaki are performers. The choreographer creates the meaningful dance and Keyaki delivers the meaning to the audience (similar to MV production and such) Techi happens to have made the most impact in this regards. This pretty much justify her push for me.

And while Jurina is not known for her visual, she’s a charismatic performer. She’s quite good at dancing (at least with the songs given to her) and her expressions is among the top of 48G. Have you seen her Nekkoya individual fancam (the one in P.E uniform)? I think the majority would agree with me that she gave a top-quality performance.

Even if the term “generational talent” is too much of a pedestal for both Jurina and Techi, they are undoubtedly talented.

Moving on, after seeing Techi’s hairstyle on SOL, I’m seriously getting Sekai and Saison vibe. I’m expecting a softer concept but less bright than Sekai.

• Like Like x 6
  15. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    You know, seeing how upset Techi was at Aki-p for giving Synchronicity to Nogi instead of Keyaki, I can see them doing a song like that or something like Hinata's 3rd single. i think with 2nd gen bringing in a softer vibe to the senbatsu, they could pull it off quite well.

16. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    That could definitely be the case. Someone mentioned that Hono isn't a good dancer and she's in the front row. That + Techi's health + Mon and Fuuchan not in senbatsu makes me thing that the song is softer and that the dance isn't hard.

17. asakuraikun

asakuraikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Inori / Ten / Tamami
    I never understood this (sincerely), don't people in Japan see Jurina as beautiful? For me she's so astonishing.

Back to the point, there's talented girls who can back up Techi (like Ten-chan or Hikaru, well said above), she can be center but not necessarily an absolute center, the public needs to know the future aces as well.

18. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Beauty is a matter of taste obviously but Jurina doesn’t quite fit into the Japanese beauty standard imo. In general, I think Japanese prefer either cute or elegant/sophisticated visuals over the mature/active/powerful type of Jurina. If I remember correctly, many have said Jurina looks more mature for her age (in a negative way) and her features are not idol-like because they’re not “cute”. When you compare Jurina to the more well-known visuals like Maiyan, NyanNyan or Kanna Hashimoto then you can see the different vibe between those three and Jurina.

19. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi

One could object all you have to do in football is to run after a ball... not exactly rocket science...
    But everything you do requires skills. Even be on a stage and perform in front of thousands people your songs or covers or songs wrote by someone else (which is the majority of every music market out there) wearing costumes manufactured by someone else (while football players are famous for making their own clothes) or in front of a camera portraing a character that is not you.
    Every stage kid could tell how hard that is.

Looking down on people is never good.

About the single, you all are probably right and we will get a more softer song, but we still got at least 5 good dancers + talented people on senbatsu and I'd like to see them kick hard.
    ...then we can have an even more hard choreo on the not senbatsu song :banana:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. asakuraikun

asakuraikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Inori / Ten / Tamami
    Thanks for making it clear. It makes sense since Jurina was really popular among western fans since the very beggining, and it took some time to overcome her partner Rena (that probably fits better in these japanese standards) in popularity in Japan, maybe because of her charisma.