1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, that seems a reasonable theory ... if you're part of the few generations after the one containing one or more aces and you don't have a breakthrough on debuting... you probably are never going to get pushed because when your senpai graduates (or is about to) management will look to the generations following you for new the new 'ace'

so, you would expect some 'lost generations'

and apart from that ... there's the constant onslaught of newer, fresher girls .. so it's a struggle to remain relevant in a group like AKB, some girls manage to keep the interest of their fans, some don't

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    From an old "About SDN48" video that I still somehow have despite being disbanded for over several years now.

Is this Akita Kazue? Or am I wrong?

(I would like to upload the "About SDN48" on Streamable but linking to such is against the rules now.)

vlcsnap-2018-01-07-15h19m17s565.png
    vlcsnap-2018-01-07-15h19m48s791.png

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  3. soluuloi

soluuloi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Eh, Aki is difficult to deal with backstage? I didnt know that. Isnt it irony she played the idol who is cutesy but actually a big jerk backstage in some Akbingo! episodes?

4. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Don't take words from antis and enemies seriously.

5. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

Why are Kennin (concurrent) positions seen as amazing by fans and members?
    I watched some of the old team shuffles, and I noticed that for certain members (Sae to SHN, Yukirin and Kitarie to NGT) when the concurrency was introduced they got really loud cheers. Now I am not the most knowledgeable with the 48G but why are kennin considered a big deal?

6. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Could one or more of these reasons I guess:
    1 it supposedly would give more exposure/opportunities to the member that got a kennin
    2 it supposedly strengthened the sub group they were added to as those were senbatsu members assigned to junior groups

but as senbatsu members had so many side jobs it could be argued that their involvement in the subgroups was limited (Sae being in Shanghai might be a exception)

7. soluuloi

soluuloi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Is there a full list of confirmed scandals by AKB48 members? Included sister groups like SKE and NMB.

8. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    What is the meaning of C/W in Japanese? Like in the song title Kimi no C/W. Is it the same as CV, from latin Curriculum vitae, we are using in the West?

9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  10. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
  11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

A C/W song is usually the B-side of a single.

In the Aitakatta single, the c/w was Dakedo...
    In the Seifuku single, the c/w was Virgin love.
    In the Keibetsu single, the c/w was Namida Uri blabla.

So in Kimi no C/W, you can interpret it as "I'm the other side of you" or something.

12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Ah.
    I didn't see it this way
    I thought it was more "I'm your accompaniment / best friend".

13. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    But there is something like that, the B-side is a friend of the A-side.

Ok, now it's more clear. I think this is a japanese speciality, taking some english words and create something new. With a special spelling. Is this a common use in Japan or only in 48G? And now I know how to deal with the titles. I'm making copies from my DVD:s for all songs I want to play often, and use the titles as filenames. But it don't work with Kimi no C/W. You can't use a slash, /, in a filename. C-W works better.

14. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

I think you may be referring to Wasei-eigo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasei-eigo.

15. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

I am really expecting Owada Nana's book to be a huge seller. It's the best photo book I've ever seen. Does anyone know who has the best selling AKB photo book in history and the numbers sold? Thanks much in advance.

16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say Acchan or maybe Mayuyu ... but the question of course also is ... just per photo book ...or all photo books for a member combined.
    I was in a book off earlier this year and I saw several photo books of Mariko-sama ... so those at least didn't sell out

there is some info on the Wiki, but it's probably out of date and/or incomplete
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Photobooks
    (
    hmm... only current members it seems?)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  17. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Acchan, of course, put out several books during her idol career. I was asking about per book--THE biggest seller ever. I have two of Acchan's books and I'll bet the shoot that took place in New York City upon her graduation sold very well, but Naanya's book was better, mainly because it was oversized and zero pages were devoted to small pictures or print. Naanya's book is 100 or pages of 8'' x 11'' photos. I think that makes an enormous difference.

18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I did a google search on Japanese book sales numbers (so I could then narrow it down to photo books), but the few sources I could find were about sales on Amazon.
    There might be Japanese language sites with this info ... but as I can't read Kanji I wouldn't know where to start.

19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    TYhere's not really, but you can maybe find by googling it.
    Also, it depend on what you are searching, it's not all about love afairs / sleepover, there are also some serious controversies with AKB48.
    Such as the 1st single, "Sakura no hanabiratachi" unfair gimick, them being accused of oversexualisation etc.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Another question. When a group of members, on stage or elsewhere, should say something together they synchronize themselves by saying a word, which word? It sounds like sae-no.