1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kato Minami (Katomina) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 8, 2015.

1. lonewolfryuu

lonewolfryuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Thanks to Kato for adding another nail in the coffin lol!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

There's one thing I don't really understand about her demotion. As far as I understood more or less all the members had been demoted to square one when the decision was made to dissolve the current teams. Between now and when they put the girls into teams again this demotion will have meant nothing if they promote her back into a team. I guess what I'm saying is that I hope this demotion to kenkyuusei has a tangible effect/presence rather than being a "just for show" punishment. That we get a new Team N and Team G maybe even a Team T for NGT before she's promoted to a team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    The biggest punishment comes from the society's perpetual bad image of her. She can't escape this. It's like the whole nation is her anti or something.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    I'm just seeing this now as I dont post on this forum much anymore due to too much drama and hate spread on it. To answer your question though no it isnt. She was tasteless yes - but it doesnt prove she was involved in the attack. It does say that she's frustrated with it all, which she has the right to be. Its all anyone is talking about and she has sacrificed so much for the group. So she finally gets a day off to relax and forget and there it is on the tv following her? Who wouldn't wish to just have the tv turned off? I would too. She shouldnt have done it and there was consequences. That being said the justice knights that are crying for blood want to see it as proof - nothing I say will change that. Nothing she or AKS or NGT will change that so frankly I've stopped caring what others think of my support for her. I'm not going to argue with anyone. They made the decision to demote her. That was right considering the atmosphere and the fact that she was a captain. This isnt because she was involved in the attack though.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    • Dislike x 9
    • Like x 8
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  5. irontech

irontech Next Girls

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. x_lambs

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Katomina was happy to be onstage again and received many beautiful flowers at the performance (1st KKS revival).

https://7gogo.jp/kato-minami/57

This girl gave her body and soul to get ngt48 started off. I remember often seeing her ankles wrap and her even performing front flip on an icy stage during niigata snow fes. I hope she is quickly reinstated to full time member.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. dragonfrommars

dragonfrommars Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaaya
    not gonna lie, i still like her, sorry. she's sexy AF.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    if i know someone has a shitty personality i can't even stand looking at them,she's ugly AF.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Tbh, I finally wanted to say this in this thread.

It's been 4 months since that happened and I'm still so pissed off at her for that. I mean you all knew how much I loved this group. Hell I loved Katomina just as much as I loved Mayuyu (and you all know how much I loved her) and what she did hurt big time. I mean I thought I knew her and thought she was one of the most mature people in NGT48.

I just wish she had something after the social media bans were lifted in something good and not the stupid shit she said back in May to where she showed her true colors (though I've already said what I think about that the other stuff). I just wish she also was regetful for her actions (but it don't look like she is).

I'm going to be honest, I'm not going to fault some people here for still liking her (I guess you are true fans). I mean the only ones I will fault are ppl who are still sticking by Tano and Gatanee (aka the bitches who couldn't keep their legs closed). But me, I still can't forgive her for what she said and I'm not sure I ever can unless she actually shows sincerity (which I doubt she will and I hate that).

It's sad of how much I was looking forward to this year for her after that awesome 2018 she had.

Anyways, I wanted to get this off of my chest since you guys knew how much I loved this girl (Might seem weird to be saying this after this long), but I guess after seeing a post in this thread, I figured I would finally get this off of my chest.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. dragonfrommars

Oshimen:
    wadamaaya
    this is my perspective on her & other idols who fuck up, in general.

i've been to prison before, i used to gangbang, bust guns, all of that. However, despite the fact that, that's what i used to do, that's not the stuff i do anymore. I work, work & when i'm not working i enjoy my hobbies: Anime, Movies, Idols, things that are all completely harmless. I haven't commited a crime since i've been out of prison.

so wouldn't it be a bit unfair to assume who i am based on mistakes i've made in the past? being an Idol, is just a job. who hasn't messed up at their job before? the things i've done, i presume, are far worse then what she's done so even though i understand people's POV on her, because someone was possibly hurt because of her. I do think, we have to remember, that people are people and ALL people makes mistakes...

but they can self-reflection & they change.

plus. she's Sexy AF. lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

I kind of agree with you. People will probably hate me for saying this, but for me the whole Katomina's case was never as big thing as it seemed to be to others. I mean, (1) Katomina was in a public place and (2) once again there was negative news about NGT48 (has there been any other this year? :)) on tv. If I was her or any NGT48 member, I would have wanted to change the channel as well. She wanted to tell that to her friends, but messed up with her Instagram and published that to the world. Maho & others had just graduated, so it was a VERY bad time to publish anything, that was possible to be interpreted as anti-Maho. Actually the timing was so bad, that I would have demoted her to kenkyuusei as well. But still, her only "crime" was, that she messed up with social media.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    She was absolutely careless, though. If you are in a situation that delicate, you don't use a semi-public platform that could subject you to self-leaks, if you want to gossip and shade you do it in a private chat, not on instagram. There are even stories on LINE now if one is so inclined to shade using a story, and it also has the close friends functionality if you want to add another level of not messing up. I feel like she was never fully aware of the gravity of the situation until she walked into the blast radius and that is exactly why there was a leak in the first place. She wasn't taking it seriously and she has yet to apologize for it properly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. dragonfrommars

Oshimen:
    wadamaaya
    how important is an apology though? is it not more important to show that you're sorry than say that you're sorry? i mean, like i said. i won't defend her because she was wrong. no one is going to disagree about that but...is her wrong so great that she has to be villainized?

when you really think about it, think about all the wrongs we've been forgiven for by friends, family or co-workers. think about the worst thing you've done & been forgiven for. is her wrong greater than that?

for me, that's definitely not the case, but i don't know, maybe i'm just a bad dude or something.

15. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

If you're a bad dude, you're probably already leaving your girl for the more attractive one. :XD:

Relationship joke aside, If I'm allowed to give a piece of word, I'll just point out the "Toleration meter" here.
    It's not uncommon to hear story of people ditching their oshi due to trivial matter, like haircut, bad experience at HS, etc etc. Idol fandom is ever-unforgiving since we're talking about fans with random taste and distaste. And suffice to say, Katomina blunder at SNS were simply the amplified turn-off moment. Enough that fans who used to boast about her and fanwar in her name are leaving, breaking these fans toleration limit or forgiving point, you name it. That's how it is.(I still laugh at it, for the note)

In hindsight, this is kinda why idols who falls into orthodox category has to act and behave plainly. They carry the broadest concentration of fans with most diverse toleration meter on many aspect that they have to cater carefully(Compared to say, sporty idol, ikemen idol, or any niche category idol who have wider freedom of action, given the smaller size of fanbase who are better tolerated upon what strange or heinous act these fans expect from their idol), or else they lost fans. Not always a good things as my previous paragraph explained and looking at Katomina current state.

Whether Katomina could redeem herself or not for the months to come, she is already freed from orthodoxy honeytrap.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

I've come to realize that people prefer to say "sorry" instead of changing their behavior. It's just a vicious cycle, do something bad, I'm sorry, I did something bad again, I'm sorry, again, I'm sorry, and so on. This is why I've come to realize that apologies are just words. What people need to do is change their behavior to show others that they have changed. Unfortunately that is much more difficult than saying "sorry".
    Maybe if Katomina really did just make an honest mistake, we don't know. She could be telling the truth and just said the wrong thing at the wrong time, or maybe she is a despicable piece of shit who really hates Maho. We don't know. She can apologize all she wants, but it's her behavior that will define her sincerity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. dragonfrommars

Oshimen:
    wadamaaya
    a bit off topic but.. .just rewatched AKBINGOs new years palm reading special . LOL..

Kato Minami and Yoshida Akarin got a low ranked and singled out for there "no apology line" showing up on her palm

'the both of you do your job well and have so much confidence that you don't apologize. if you arent careful peoplle will gradually seperate themselves from you . if you don't apologize for your mistakes it could be a really bad year for you"!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    From her standpoint, I can understand why she was in that kind of mood, her jobs were halted and in jeopardy for something that was not her mistake. Of course, that was still a big mistake, especially considering how sensitive people were at that time. The only reason she was moved back to KKS was simply to ease off the possible backlash. She will come back strong.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

I am a big fan since early NGT days and still a big fan. I just thought she should have acted cautiously since she was overall captain back then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. x_lambs

Twitter:
    worklodz
    freshface minami kawaii. this instavideo is from last year. but she was back in showroom last night 11.11 and she had lots of support.
    ganbare
    if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2