1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage Musical Sailor Moon Nogizaka46 ver.

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Sailor Zakuro, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    Sailor Moon official website has revealed Nogizaka46 ver. Musical Sailor Moon 2019's main visual featuring all of its 13 main cast.

• Kubo Shiori (Nogizaka46) as Sailor Moon (Tsukino Usagi)
    • Mukai Hazuki (Nogizaka46) as Sailor Mercury (Mizuno Ami)
    • Hayakawa Seira (Nogizaka46) as Sailor Mars (Hino Rei)
    • Ito Junna (Nogizaka46) as Sailor Jupiter (Kino Makoto)
    • Tamura Mayu (Nogizaka46) as Sailor Venus (Aino Minako)
    • Ishii Mikako as Tuxedo Mask (Chiba Mamoru)
    • Yamauchi Yuka as Osaka Naru
    • Tanoue Marina as Umino Gurio
    • Tamaki Nami as Queen Beryl of Dark Kingdom
    • Andou Chihiro as Kunzite of Dark Kingdom Shitennou
    • Kojima Sari as Zoisite of Dark Kingdom Shitennou
    • SHIN as Nephrite of Dark Kingdom Shitennou
    • Takeda Rina as Jadeite of Dark Kingdom Shitennou
    The musical is scheduled to perform at Tokyo Dome City Hall in Japan from 10 to 14 October 2019, and at MAJESTIC THEATRE in Shanghai, China from 22 to 24 November 2019.

n46-sailor-moon-all-cast1.jpg

2. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Junna is perfect for jupiter

3. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
  4. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    I just knew about this thread.
    Nogizaka introduces me to Sailor Moon. I know Sailor Moon has celebrated their 25 years anniversary. But I didn't familiar at all about Sailor Moon before this thing. And now I'm quite interested about the whole series.

Sailor Moon LINE LIVE
    IMG_20191004_204407.jpg IMG_20191004_204410.jpg IMG_20191004_204412.jpg IMG_20191004_204415.jpg

5. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    WHAT?
    (in the name of the moon, I will punish you!) [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  6. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Hazuki looks gorgeous lately

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sailor Zakuro

Sailor Zakuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hina Higuchi
    Twitter:
    Sailor_Zakuro

if the video does not show watch the video here

Countdown by the Nogi girls posted on the official Sailor Moon Twitter!! Idk the translation XD.

Lol I'm the opposite, Sailor Moon got me into Nogizaka46! With last year's show <3

8. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I was a sailor moon fan long time ago , thats why my nickname. then I became a Nogi fan few years ago. when it was announced that they were going to do Sailor moon musical, i was so happy , i posted on fellow fan Kazumin's 755, and she replied me lol.
    I am watching the musical over TV now , since i am not able to be in Japan for this years team. think i watched last years version too many times, that I am noticing all the differences lol. for me, Kubo chan so far has the best singing voice of the 3 sailor moons.

edit:
    there are subtle differences, some not really subtle actually. fight sequences, positioning, etc. some scripts extended, some cut short, some took away such as the bus stop funny scene.
    Hazuki looks pretty but singing feels like out of breath. Mayuchan too as Sailor Venus, some of it were out of tune? i hope its just the sound system or something. Seira not bad in her role. Junna shows her stage play experience and nails down her Makoto role, not that previous Nojo nor Minamin were bad neither.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Sailor Zakuro

Sailor Zakuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hina Higuchi
    Twitter:
    Sailor_Zakuro
    I loved Shiori's voice (ofc she's an amazing singer), however I feel that Sayuri's was more fitted for the role of Usagi, since Shiori has a very low and powerful voice. That being said Zukkii's still my favourite Moon out of the 3 XD.
    Hazuki disappointed me as her expressions were lacking, she didn't feel like Mercury.
    Seira was a sharp and passionate Mars, but she seemed to have the highest voice out of all of them which I found odd. I'd say I still prefer Kazumin but Seira was really good.
    Junna may or may not have become my favourite Jupiter of all time oops XD. It was Emi Kuriyama (from 1999-2000 in the old musicals) for absolutely years but Junna just snatched my entire existence XD. I could tell she was the most experienced out of the 5 of them.
    Mayu was also disappointing, I think her voice was straining since she was not used to projecting it? I sing with my head voice because it gives me more of a range and I feel more comfortable, my chest voice is short, it strains a lot and is difficult to control, I physically can't sing with it. Maybe it's the same case with Mayu?

That was just my thoughts XD. Short ones anyway I'll go into detail on my YouTube (not a promo just saying XD) but overall I liked them XD.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I was able to watch it yesterday and then re-watch parts of last year's performance. I'm no expert when it comes to musical, honestly I'm not a big musical fan, so this is just my personal observation.

Kubo no doubt delivered the best Sailor Moon if we talk about singing. Even the crying Usagi, Kubo is the most convincing. To me she's the best Moon out of the 3 but I also like Sayunyan's performance last year.

Sailor Mercury is my favorite character in the anime but not a fan of any of the 3 Nogi girls' performance in this musical. That said, I think Mukai did ok. I didn't expect much from her as she and Mayu are the two question mark to me. But it's a decent performance I think.

Seira is my favorite of all the Nogi girls for her role as Mars. Imo, she's got the perfect look. Her movement is sharp and I'm impressed with her singing. A little more polishing and she'll be something. I have this fierce and sexy image of Sailor Mars. I only saw this with Seira plus, she's really freaking beautiful. I think none of the 3 Mars is that far ahead of the other two in overall performance. Though I feel Ranze is a bit small for Mars.

For Jupiter, Ume looks best to me but I'm more impressed with Junna. Well she has the advantage with experience so it shows.

Ok I'll just be straightforward honest about Mayu. It's really bad. Shaky, out of breath, out of tune. Yeah Mukai wasn't that solid good as she seems to also run out of breath and sometimes out of tune. But she at least was able to deliver her best. Mayu just couldn't do anything about it. Anyway, when all 5 girls sing they can at least blend well together.

I bet the atmosphere is a lot different when you watch it live. Overall it was good and I was able enjoy it. Best of luck next month in Shanghai.

Btw, Luna looks awesome and Tuxedo Kamen is really handsome. . . :D

11. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    the subtle differences especially in terms of more interactions between the members, eg high 5s even with Luna, the inconspicuous small talks in between here and there. some of the script last year were just a bit unclear on certain parts, they improved it a little, the fight scenes i thought were a tad better although i couldn't be there to see more in detail this time, and some of the changes in acting/voice tone made a bit more sense. i felt other than keeping it a bit more fresh for people who saw last years teams, it also a somewhat improved production, even though they took out the random joke parts(but i guess, taking these jokes to Shanghai, where ppl may not understand the gist of the jokes,some of which were pretty "Japanese", may be deemed fruitless).
    I saw Mayu's blog post too, she also did admit she doesn't have a good singing voice that she also did feel strange as to why she was chosen. But she gave it her best shot. I hope that Shanghai would be better for her, even though its just a month away, there's nothing else she can do other than rehearsing and giving it her best. I am sure the others would too. the senpai casts would be behind them and their senpai Junna will be there to guide them(did you notice one scene at Tokyo Tower where she sort of guided them to their positions, not sure if it is by instinct or is it part of the script or both). Good luck girls.

12. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Hmm? how that can be i look that anime earlier than ii get N64 or there,,,

13. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Okay. I cried.
    That Usagi's bloodcurdling scream when Mamoru 'died' and his body was taken by Kunzite, right at the end of act one...

I am going to give my review of the 2019 stage, but I will try my best not to compare this stage with last year's Team Moon and Star. I also don't want to compare it to the anime. I think of this as a standalone performance.

Starting from Kubo Shiori/Sailor Moon. I think this is the most solid performance of hers so far, comparing it to Zambi and Three Sisters. Which means she improved. Maybe it's because of the range of emotions and expressions in this stage that requires her to do so compared to her previous ones. The transformation (not from Usagi to Sailor Moon) of Usagi's character from simpleton, happy Usagi in act one to broken Usagi/Serenity in act two is not an easy feat, and she nailed it. The singing, well, Sailor Moon fans who watched it were shocked Nogizaka has this kind of singer/actress in their platoon. Duets/harmonies with Tuxedo Kamen are easily the highlights of her performance. Not to mention she actually looks good in Usagi's infamous hair.

Mukai Hazuki/Sailor Mercury. She's... Hazuki with blue hair. I can tell she did her best and I really admire her efforts. She pushed her limits here, especially in the singing parts. Shaky, but she hit most of her notes right. She's still enjoyable and cute, though. And there's one thing I found amusing and it's showing Hazuki's professionalism. There was a small accident during Usagi's bedroom scene at the beginning of act two (the one when all five of them + Luna gathered). I only realized it after my second viewing: Shiori stepped on her elongated hair, making it fall off prematurely. Hazuki, the closest one to that hair part, casually took it, hid it from the audience's sight with her body and gave it back to Shiori. The scene continued on safely thanks to that quick and calm reaction. Good luck, Hazuki.

Hayakawa Seira/Sailor Mars. Wow. Again, wow. From head to toe, for me she's the incarnation of Mars. The aura, and the legs...no, the acting. No wonder she's the Principal Queen of 4th gen. She never strikes me as a singer before but her singing here is pretty solid, I am surprised. The character gap between Hino Rei and the actual Hayakawa Seira was showing during the curtain call, that's when you know her acting was something else. Another aspiring actress from Nogizaka was born. I have high expectations for her.

Ito Junna/Sailor Jupiter. Can't say much about her performance, except maybe: stellar. She brought Jupiter to life, as she's in tune with Jupiter's character as the strongest of the Sailor Guardians. As a kid I loved Makoto the most in the anime (not because she's the tallest or strongest, but because she sports a ponytail lol) yet Junna's performance reaffirm my love to this character. She nailed all the singing parts; not just by hitting the right notes, but also by exerting power there to emphasize Sailor Jupiter's character of strength. I wish more people give her attention she deserves.

Tamura Mayu/Sailor Venus. As the leader of the Sailor Guardians, she's the first one to awaken her power as Sailor V. She's referenced in the beginning, but introduced last. Mayu's acting is fine, the serious and bold expression is done nicely, but she really needs to work on her singing. It's unfortunate for her that the other performers are strong so her flaw was more noticeable. I read her blog where she expressed her feelings and I understand the pressure she's currently experiencing. But if she can overcome this hurdle, I believe she will become strong, both as an idol and as a person. There's still time before Shanghai, so break a leg, Mayu!

Other casts. Their existence supported this performance as a whole and pushed it beyond. Every time it's their turn to show, I am constantly reminded "So this is how professionals do it" and I am thankful. Shitennou quartet is so convincing and their singing is incredible. I never watch Takarazuka so I don't know but maybe this is how it feels watching them. Tamaki Nami's Queen Beryl is the best singer on stage, of course, and Ishii Mikako's Chiba Mamoru/Tuxedo Kamen/Endymion's chemistry with Usagi is just perfect. Yamauchi Yuka's Naru and Tanoue Marina's Umino served well as Usagi's school friend and comic relief. And Luna! Matsumoto Misato delivered very nice voice acting for her.

Overall, if this kind of performance is what they are going to show in Shanghai, I am convinced. There are things that can be fixed or improved of course, but they are on the right track. The amount of work and effort going in this is incredible. In one interview Shiori said that she had sleepover with Seira and Mayu about five times already. She said something along the lines of 'breaking the walls as early as possible'. Tamaki Nami's mother-like existence for Nogi girls. Ishii Mikako who has chemistry with Shiori both on and off stage, especially shown during the curtain call. Junna as Nogi most senior member (both generation wise and stage play experience wise) who guides her fellow members. Hazuki the moodmaker, who also can be serious, having discussions with Shiori about the roles whenever possible. Within the limited time they have to practice, developing bonds together is a feat I really appreciate.

Thank you, Nogizaka Musical Sailor Moon 2019, and good luck for Shanghai performance!

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  14. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Thank you at nice that text!

15. Sailor Zakuro

Sailor Zakuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hina Higuchi
    Twitter:
    Sailor_Zakuro

if the video does not show watch the video here

I made a video giving my thoughts XD. However I did forget to mention the situation Mayu Tamura was in with her nerves about being inexperienced, but I do believe that in Shanghai she may become more comfortable in the role and give an improved performance! Also I may sound a bit like a musical theatre snob sorry if I do I'm used to giving opinions on the previous musicals with a regular cast XD.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. singouts

singouts Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikuta Erika
    i would die for you kubo shiori

• Agree Agree x 1