1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    They're not gonna replace the members now, 1 year after PD48 and now that nearly half of their promotion time is over...

2. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Even if they do, it won't be the same IZ*ONE anymore and it won't be good for the promotion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Henry Dill

Henry Dill Kenkyuusei

Interactive Rankings

I believe that Wonyoung made the top 12. But in episodes 8.5 to 11, for roughly 4 weeks, she had dropped to ranks 8th, 8th and 7th, then in the final episode jumped to 1st. I'm not really sure how you jump up that many ranks, when you have been sitting at 7th and 8th for a month.

Trend and momentum-wise either Sakura, Chaeyeon or Hyewon came first, but there are business reasons why you would not make any of them the center of a Korean K-Pop group. Also Twice, already massively successful in Japan, has 3 Japanese. Is it a coincidence that IZONE also has 3 Japanese members?

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I don't think IZ*ONE line up can be affected. It's too late.
    Some possibly robbed contestants allready moved to something else anyway.

It wouldn't be a bad thing if it can lead to a big distrust from the public and music labels, forcing Mnet to rethink how they run their programs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I'm going to say what I mentioned last year after the 3rd elimination of PD48. With a 2pick voting system the ones on the top will be the the 2nd favorite so it wasn't sa few of say that Sakura, Chaeyeon, Miho or Chaeyeon will be the #1. That's why I said that some of the contestants who were in the top12 at that time were given a false hope.

I think that Wonyoung wasn't a popular member for the other girls' fandoms, which justify why she was in the 8th and 7th place before the final. But once the voting was for only one girl her fandom could show its real power.

Now, I think this comparison with has a limit. Probably Mnet wanted to have a successful kpop group in Japan like TWICE. But I don't think they wanted to imitate it, so I don't think it was just a coincidence to having 3 Japanese members in IZ*ONE.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    I'll just wait until the investigation result comes out, but it sounds really hypocritical to me if they indeed rigged the poll especially to take out Japanese for Korean since only Koreans were allowed to vote. Doesn't mean I want more 48G members in though (matter of fact, I prefer them in their respective 48 groups).

8. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    LOL, then why didn't they just let all of the girls debut and become successful like 48G and 46G?

9. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  10. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

if the video does not show watch the video here

TGC Live
    1. Vampire
    2. La Vie En Rose
    MC1
    3. Nekkoya
    4. Up

• Like Like x 5
  11. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Happy Birthday to tomi:blush:

12. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Sakura, chaewon, minju and wonyoung runway.

if the video does not show watch the video here

EGGOEyWUwAA1vtp.jpeg EGHEDKlU0Ac0O_z.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    if mnet rigged the final ep paid votes, I'm sure they could also rig the non paid votes during the season... this is why arguing about who ranked where is silly when all these numbers could be fake as well.

I personally wouldn't think any ranking is valid until we get the results from the investigation to see where the manipulation began or how far it went.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. welp

welp Next Girls

Vampire again on Shibuya Note. https://streamable.com/ptaju
    My Little Television EP 27 Eng subbed with Yujin, Yena and Hyewon. https://kshow.to/shows/my-little-television-2/episode-27/

This thread on Reddit delving into Mnet's shadiness.
    - Mnet started rigging survival show since Superstar K era as revealed by the white contestant of the show, Bradley Moore.
    - The same vote manipulation algorithm to Produce X was discovered in Produce 48. After the manipulation in Produce 48 was a success, Mnet became more bold and reckless.
    - After PD X vote manipulation exposed, Mnet's strategy has been tail cutting. Mnet blamed it's the production team doing without Mnet's knowledge, Mnet was a victim.
    - The police sang the same tune saying they would investigate only on Produce series and the producer of PD X would be charged for business sabotage.
    - However, voters of Idol School, another Mnet's show by a different production team, also reportedly filed complaint to the police. Therefore, the police had to expand the investigation into Idol School too.
    - The police also has been pressured by the politician. Politicians have questioned Mnet's innocence and an assemblyman is pushing Produce X Act to prevent such manipulation in future similar shows.

I didn't. I don't have enough brain cells to remember who said what but, the person jumped up to take the blame himself. If he didn't share the same opinion, there was no reason for him to leave that furious comment and another one more.

Believe me, these wotas ranting they didn't want AKB to be changed to be skilled would praise to no end if their faves had even half decent skill in something. I don't think Nojima gained many new fans after grasping first place in the AKB48 Group singing competion but, I'm sure she has lost no fan doing better than her fans expected. Jurina's fans glorify her dancing queen. Wotas will change their narrative to fit the quality of their faves.

If you're to ask why AKB should be changed if wotas won't care about performance level anyway, the public cares. The public won't buy many CD but they can fill concert venues and their attention secures media exposure. Haven't you felt AKB becoming more niche?

:lol:

My comment targeted only on wotas sharing such opinion wherever they are from, Youtube, Twitter etc. If you don't think so, you aren't those I criticized.

Most of the time, domestic popularity is the foundation to international popularity. If a group does well domestically, it will do well internationally too. No group can hold a big oversea concert without considerable domestic popularity. This is why K-pop agencies focus on local taste.

She's been the most talked about girl since before the end of Produce 48 and her popularity in Korea is ahead of Sakura since debut. It's ridiculous to think Korean voters wouldn't want her to place above Japanese Sakura. She's the strongest contender for #1 place.

Yet, Yoshimoto and Mnet have jointly working on Produce 101 JP. Hmm.

Jurina got much screentime in the episode after she had left the show. Lol.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. GATX105

GATX105 Member

X1 seems to be doing really well sales-wise and Iz*one's already been around for a year so if nothing else happens, both groups look like they'll be just fine.
    Re produce, I think there's supposed to be a lot of text-voters in the finale that do not follow the show very closely (as in vote everyday) so all those patterns and whatnot are subject to this randomness as well as the shift from 2-pick to 1-pick.

Anyway, if that fake-list has some portions that are true and myao and miyu were supposedly in and hyewon and minju were out, I think ment would have definitely cheated even if they went to jail for it -- j/k. Seriously, other than kaeun, I think all those other girls that might have made it weren't locks for making it and everyone of the Iz*one members that did make it could have legitimately made it on their own. I think Chaewon was really helped by being among those on the brink of getting in during the finale and Yena and Yuri benefited from yiren/shiyun and lee sian/ jang gyuri being voted out the prior round.

And I think all the 48-girls that didn't make it just didn't make it. A little bit more screen time doesn't guaranty you'd get in and really, nako and hitomi didn't get that much more screen time than many others. Nako was basically in after love whisper through her own efforts and hitomi was really helped by her own great dancing imo. And at this point it's hard to imagine any other person being a better fit than the 12 members that we have.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    And yet, despite the current 48/46 groups domestic popularity, none of them can sell out on their own (without being tied to another event) a serious venue out of Asia. Every decade, there were, are, and will be a lot of average artists out there, selling trains of recorded music. It's a question of marketing strategy; hitting right the public taste is all what matters, even when said artist can't sing.

They won't go international, you should slow down with this idea.
    Worldwide 48 groups means selling the concept. What they do since MIPCOM 2009 leading to JKT48 and followings creation, and to some extend with IZ*ONE creation.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  17. terpcity1999

terpcity1999 Kenkyuusei

Screen time after Jurina left the show doesn't help her reach the final 12. Kojima Mako also got screen time the episode she was eliminated. They didn't get the screen time when they needed it, and it was downright blatant, Miru especially.

Jurina left the show anyway, but the others had potential to make the final 12 with a good story line. This is of course assuming that viewer votes counted, but I'll give MNet the benefit of the doubt, at least with the interim rankings.

As for MNet working with Yoshimoto, well, you have a point. Clearly Yoshimoto wasn't angered by PD48. Perhaps Yoshimoto had an agreement with MNet to tank their girls. That's a possibility. They could have also just not cared what happened to their girls. The potential profits of a successful boy group was too much.

I could also believe it if AKS didn't want to share IZ*ONE profits with Yoshimoto.

18. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    It's not about who fits to the group and who doesn't, but what's supposed to happen is that the group should be formed purely by the votes, not whatever Mnet thinks is the best fit. But let's hope the result comes in clean. This lineup won't change regardless and the 48G girls would still stay for 1 and a half years more, but the negative result will only give bad effect to group sales going forward.

19. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Isn't it already highly likely that Mnet manipulated the results? Moving forward, X1 had really big sales and I'm not sure whether a lot of people will be that upset about Izone because of possible cheating over a year ago. And it seems like they already have a loyal fanbase. Maybe if it affects sponsors but now that the matter is being properly investigated, not sure it's that big of a deal as far as Iz*one is concerned.

20. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

The issues here are not whether there are wota that argued that AKB48 should not change or not. The issues here are there wota that argued that AKB48 will lose popularity if they change (or using your term “if its performance is more professional and its costume follows street fashion trend”) which I want you provide the sources.

I want to see the full picture, the context surrounding the statement. Your statement that I quote is not come out independently. It is based on the statement that you quote. I want to see how these statements are interconnected. Assuming that he/she shares the same sentiment is not enough.