1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

@Dill i think you misunderstood my point ^^ I named Sayanee because she is the one who started as an idol but didnt need the fanservice to remain popular - which is somehow similar to an artist and yes, She is an artist right now. Rather than a singer or musician, I see Hirate more than a performer too.

It's interesting seeing you said Nao has some similarity to Hirate because I think the opposite way. The intensity Hirate gave is dependent on the meaning of each song she wants to convey. In other words, she put not only the skill but also her own explanation to dance the song. Professionists praised her because of her conveyability which is rarely/hardly seen in other idols. The others including Nao put more effort to improve their dance skills. (And personally, the perf between her and Churi in midnight show somehow makes me feel uncomfortable to compare her with Techi, sorry)

And there are some girls who tried to stay away from fanservice in the past but they dont reduce the quantity of their jobs - they moved from being idol to being actress/talent and are welcomed by the gp. They dont disappear the same way as Techi. This is why I said Techi case is unique.

2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @miyabi I understood your point, but I went on my own train of thoughts lol

Interesting point about Nao. I think everyone saw the video you're talking about and yeah, I get the uncomfortable part so much I had to stop before the end lol

But I was thinking more about her perfromances on stage like in Hamlet where, honestly, if there wasn't Jurina she would have pulled a perfect Hamlet, and the many proof she gave us in the course of the years on shows, starting (for me) from Ebi-shows. In the intesiity of her performances I find something in common with Techi, even if more constructed, more polished, already build up by training and tries and studies, where Techi looks more raw, more genuine, still like build on instinct like with Stargazer, where she had to get it well on the first take.
    I think this is the bigger difference between Nao and Techi's way to perform.

Nao to me is one of those kids born to be on stage. She likes to be there and it shows. And she also has an extraordinary voice and music knowledge Techi, unfortunately (or not) lacks. But, they are different people and SKE is not Keyaki. SKE has a different and more mature or more teasing concept, so Techi and Nao performances are different as they can be.
    And yet the talent, in my very humble and perhaps wrong opinion, is similar. The fire within them burn the same way.

This said, I'll never been ready to see Techi peform the stuff Nao does. No way in hell. lol

3. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I won't say things like unique in idol industry because I'm not confident enough with my knowledge regarding J idols. I think I know so much more about K idols.

But I find Tecchan to be a unique and interesting person, regardless she is an idol, an artist, a performer, or whatever it is.

One thing that is very special of Tecchan is her rawness. I don't know how to put it correctly... But it's the raw feelings that she delivers when she performs, through everything no matter how small. Her voice, her dance, her gaze, even the movement of one finger is meaningful.

She is not the best singer in term of technique but when she sings, the listener can get what she wants to convey. Because at this part her voice is trembling, at this part her voice is broken to pieces, at this part she sounds cold and angry...

She is not the best dancer, but like what I've said before, she knows how to express things. Like how she brush her hair in Garasu, or how she moves her fingers in Mou Mori, or how she dances so fluidly in Ambivalent. Also, something that I notice about Tecchan, is that she puts everything in her dance. The raw emotion. Without restricted to technique. Unfortunately it's probably the reason why she gets injured a lot and now she seems to be unable to do it anymore because she hasn't fully recovered.

Another very important thing that I just recently notice about Tecchan is that this person... simply expresses the meaning of something and fully becomes the protagonist of the story. She's very absorbed, like she is not in this world anymore.

This is something that I notice when I see the performance of Mou Mori with Yuichanzu as W-Center and Mou Mori with Tecchan center.

Yuichanzu has done a great job. Their gazes are vacant, their movements are amazing. But there is something that is missing.

I was wondering what it is when I finally understand one thing. When Yuichanzu performed Mou Mori, they performed Mou Mori. And like professional performers, they looked at cameras time by time. They performed, but they haven't became the character in Mou Mori. It's like there is still the concept of a stage and a viewer.

But Tecchan in Mou Mori was just... really focusing in her role to the point that it feels like she is the girl in Mou Mori. It's like she is instinctively looking to the sky, close her eyes when she looks at the sun even though in reality there wasn't, looking at her hands in the end... She looks at cameras sometimes but it's not the matter of looking at cameras, but looking at "you".

It reminds me of what Kobayui said way back that what Yuichanzu wants to achieve is different than what Tecchan wants to achieve.

I'm not exaggerating. At least to me, I haven't found someone else with so much raw energy and feelings in their performance (idols that I know). This is what makes her performance like Non Fiction and Kado wo Magaru touching. Even people who don't understand the language and don't usually cry can do so.

Another example is that Tecchan in Stargazer PV. Her choreography is not something so spectacular or difficult technical wise. But when she reaches for the sky, when she falls back, when she reaches her hand, when she pants while looking at her hands like she wonders where does everything becomes wrong, when she screams to the sky... viewers are able to feel what the protagonist feels even though they literally can't see her face.

The problem is that Tecchan is quite up and down regarding her quality of performance. The person herself doesn't really acknowledge this, but Yone once said that Tecchan is a very sensitive person who can easily let her feelings shows through her performance. It's a double edged sword since when she is overwhelmed but feelings contrary to the one in a song, then she gives a "bad" performance. Like not smiling, looking down for the entire time, etc.

But her sensitivity is the same thing which allows her to convey feelings like she excels in, I think.

That's what makes her a unique person compared to "some but not all" other idols, singers, and so on. It's like rather than "crying because she is moved by the song" it's more of "crying because she IS the one in the song".

I typed this without rereading it again in the midnight so I'm sorry if it's unclear lol.

• Like Like x 3
  4. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Please do not compare Techi to Sayanee. That's insulting to Sayanee.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Your statement insults Sayanee more than anything, as it is beneath her to think that way. I'm sure Sayanee would be flattered to be compared to Techi, even though Sayanee herself and everyone else, except you, know that that is comparing apples and oranges.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Comparison is not akin to insult. We compare because we want an intelligent, thoughtful discussion on the idols that we admire, and this forum is a great place to do it.

Bring something to the discussion rather than being offended. Also, this is Techi's thread. We love her. Deal with it.

• Like Like x 5
  7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Kado wo Magaru was released to streaming services at midnight Tuesday and immediately went to #1 on Line Music.
    source

That's despite the fact the video has been on YouTube for a month, and the film came out a year ago.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    And with no real promotion as well.

I feel happy that many people appreciate Baby Otter :cute:

• Like Like x 2
  9. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

KwM ranks #1 in daily line music chart :1st: I dont know how long it appear on chart but still a big applause to her. (If only mngm let or She agree to perform it on broadcasting, i think the song has potential to become big)

This monthis Techi will be on 3 mags, Ginza, Nonno with Risa and Vivi :banana: I think about purchase the 3's digital version.

• Like Like x 2
  10. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Let’s add Weekly Shonen to the list. Is this a sign for 9th single promotion? I feel like mmg will drop an announcement within the next 2 weeks.

11. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Yeah, her magazine rush is coming Definitely buying Shounen Magazine, lately she appear on fashion - lifestyle mags more than idol-gravure mag (even though S.M is a comic mag, it still includes gravure photoshoot) then I think this might be the rare occasion in this year together with Kadokawa that we can see her gravure shoot (or I might be wrong, her lastest comic magazinr features - Young jump and Superior, didnt seem like gravure at all )

Pictures from Ginza, you guys must have been seen all of them. So cute btw I'm really looking forward to Vivi, i like her make-up and styling on its past shoots and never forget the legend "I cut my hair on my own decision. I will never cut it if Aki-P ask."

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Just once, I'd love to see Techi with long hair. Aki-P can always user reverse psychology, and tell Techi to "keep her short hair", LOL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Yeah, I also think about this way when she suddenly said she was growing her hair because short hair didnt suitable for her in QG if she has long hair, I'd like to see her with twintails (just a never-come-true hope)

• Like Like x 1
  14. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
  15. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    She said she doesn't care about the length of her hair, that she just cuts it to fit the songs. She cut it first for Kaze ni and then for Kuroi Hitsuji. I like her hair the way it is right now, but I guess it all depends on the feel of the 9th single.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

In one of her lastest interview, she said she was growing her hair. She changes her thought a lot that i need to read all her new interviews as many as possible to find out what she might think about at the momment maybe now she's already had new thought about her hair

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

The first two pics are kind of funny. Sometimes they make her wear such unappealing outfits lol

Isn’t gravure aimed towards men? I’d rather her didn’t appear in this kind of magazines

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

@Tenote yes, gravure's aim is originally for men. They take pictures of girls wearing clothes which show a lot of skin like bikini or lingeries with pure/naive expression. But, this doesnt apply for Sakamichi series excluding solo photobook shootings. In Techi's case, her lastest gravure shoot came from Kadokawa in which she wear a white dress and showing her bare arms (even though they took it last year). She looks cute with that kind of "gravure" concept. Recently, she wore manwears in some fashion shoots so a gravure one coming from a widely popular magazine isnt something i'm against. In addition, this shoot together with other mags is one of ways to promote the up-coming 9th single. In my honest opinion, her other highly appriciated magazine's appearances such as Nylon, GQ, Casa brutus, Vivi, .... even ROJ help to promote name of herself more than Keyaki brand while the appearance on mags like shonen magazine can do the contrast. I consider it as one of her center's duties.

So, take it easy ^^

(Only in case she feel comfortable with it, i hope she will wear princess dress or sheath dress. She has a really beautiful body shape even though i hope she should eat more, her waist is too small. No doubt many said Techi was so slim after seeing her in real life. I love her beautiful chubbiness in Republic 2018)

19. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    It’s funny how Techi looked all girly and mature around 15-16 yet now that she gets older, her baby fat returns and stores all on her face. Her body is still as slim as ever but her face is a real baby face.

20. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Maybe its because of the inactivity during the injury. I don't mind it to be honest, Techi with the baby cheeks is adorable.

• Like Like x 1