1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Nogizaka Under Construction (2015/04/19 - )

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

Loved the latest episode. I don’t foresee much problems with Rei-chan’s challenge, because she had done some gymnastics before, still looked amazing.

The VR drawing was cool. Ume-mayo nailed it. Her instructor was quite the looker too, heh heh.

Lastly, the magic performance. Overall they’ve done great. Kakki have the potential for sleight-heavy tricks, if she pursues that. Her performance of the
    Chicago Opener trick, also known as ‘Red Hot Mama’
    was good for her first time. Seeing Saku-chan nonchalantly ‘splitting’ Kakki apart was kinda funny. That was a classic one. Love it, love all performances in this episode.

2. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Umezawa’s VR art surpassed my expectations.
    That moment when she knocks back the Construction sign to reveal the moon, and Bananaman on the far side of the moon!

Rewatching it, it’s not even the final product, it’s the execution. Her performance is effective because it’s a gradual escalation of new features – the colors, the wing replication, the sparkles – so that by the time Bananaman is revealed, it’s fine that she’s “cheating” because she’s shown the audience the capabilities of the VR program and her own technical skill. It’s clearly within her ability to create the Bananaman models, it would only be a matter of spending the time. (Without Bananaman, the art would also look kind of polygonal, so it’s good she realized she needed more.) Her performance is really a performance with a rhythm, for the benefit of an audience. Otherwise she wouldn’t need to switch the horse’s mane to a darker brown (since it gets whitened), and she also pauses to get a good view of Bananaman before copying them.

Although what really sells the segment for me is the members’ reactions. From Momoko’s childlike wonder to the moments of genuine excitement from older members – not just, I think, because the art is amazing, but because they can recognize good showmanship.
    Also, Ume’s cool in that outfit, and she has a nice clean look, though I’m not sure what it is exactly – less makeup around the eyes?

In conclusion, Ume Uma Uma~i

• Like Like x 7
  3. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I want that VR! so I don't have to make 3d object vertex by vertex...:^^;:
    Minami performance was the most interesting of all. And she looks so beautiful with that hairstyle.<3:inlove:

Saku Kakki performance was also enjoyable. The card trick is my favorite. Too bad they cut the other Saku trick.
    Rei part was too short. But, that wheel and back flip at the end of her part was amazing. Finally, Nogi have another Nene.:)

Cant wait for Asuka trick next week.:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Isaac H

@MasToppu - there's supposed to be another Saku trick? I wonder what that one was.

Ah, Nene. Thanks for reminding me of her. Since she left, Nogi had been lacking in people with acrobatic skills. Just imagine if Rei-chan did the super sentai-style action scenes instead of Riria (not to speak ill of Riria-chan, it's just something that crossed my mind).

5. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Rei is basically an athlete. It'd be interesting if she can do both jobs at once.

Kakki and Sakura's magic show is endearing.

Umezawa's VR art performance is indeed a "performance". There are so many elements of surpise. I was skeptical because usually even sand art is boring to watch in the process of its making, although it's impressive when seeing the result. Yet, this VR art performance just works really well.

Umezawa's figure looks so gorgeous in that costume. What I'd do to have slender legs like her.

I played with the Oculus Quest before (the black one she used for training). Didn't know that it can be used for something like this! I think the one she used for Nogichuu is higher tech. Maybe more details and responsive.

6. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    That's the HTC Vive pro. While the Oculus Quest had the advantage of practicing without having to deal with cables (it's completely cordless), you can't display it easily on a big screen for others to watch. With the Vive pro, you can. The resolution is higher too.

7. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I see, that makes sense. I think you can watch the screen in a screen as well for Oculus Quest because my friends saw me play one of the games I was seeing in the gear. But it was in their smartphone or computer. It makes a lot of sense if the Vive one is in higher resolution and that's why it has cable.

Now I want to buy them fancy gadgets

8. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    You can stream it to a Gear indeed, but you need very stable wi-fi for that and even then the quality is not that great.

9. Zaebore

Zaebore Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takamoto Ayaka
    The last segment for the summer presentation series is here and I am very pleased with all the presentations from all the Nogizaka girls that presented. In advance before I jump in to the conclusion, every one of the girls did a splendid job and they each did it to the best of their ability. They all deserve an applause. Now in this episode Sakaguchi Tamami is truly a girl full of confidence. Her segment showed that she is capable of anything and despite failing she still wanted to succeed even when she had already failed she still wanted to keep trying. Her determination and willpower is like no other. Saito Asuka's performance was very entertaining to me. She showed a theater performance while showcasing the changing of her face. The magic behind this is something I cannot comprehend and I do believe it to be a high skill level technique. Overall good work and cheers to all.

10. Isaac H

Really good episode. Asuka's performance was the standout - she really nailed it, in my view. As discussed before, the whole act was usually secretive and hence why the instructor's face is not shown, I'm guessing.

Since I watched the episode raw & I have almost non-existent Japanese language skills - can someone tell me why Yuri failed? Because nobody cried in the end? If so, I don't remember that being the condition before.

Maybe it's just me, but Shitara this episode seems to revert to the 'meaner' version of himself from early Nogidoko. Kind of irritated by him a bit this episode. But that's just me.

11. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    Yuri basically digging her own grave here, at first she was asked what's the term for a successful challenge, and she said if someone cry then its a pass. The thing is her story is not really something to cry about, so even though her creation is well done (and i think its really well done) it is still her fault that she fail

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Yuri really is a good girl. She want to do a dogeza to her senpai :cute:

• Like Like x 1
  13. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I really don't get Yuri's presentation :^^;:
    My only take away from it is, it's Yuri and her reaction is somewhat funny.
    I love Tamami's performance the most, I guess simply because I love dogs. I was excited all throughout the performance. Yeah it's a fail but even with those misses, I still enjoy it. I was touched when she cried knowing the performance failed. No wonder some of the girls also cried.
    Asuka, well I'm impressed. Awesome performance. Of the 3 episodes, this one is the best.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Isaac H

Mini recap of the summer presentations:

Billiard Trick Shots - Mayu did fantastic, nailed the trick shots. just a cool girl doing cool stuff.

Riria’s Action Movie - the idea seemed great on paper…but a little weak in execution.

Trampoline acrobatics by Rei-chan - I didn't foresee her having problems with this - having the gymnastics base - the end result still looks great to me, due to the instructor changing the objectives.

Duo Magic Show - maybe I’m a bit biased here for obvious reasons, but both Kakki & Saku-chan did well. Wish I could see more tricks.

VR art - very cool performance by UmeMayo, seems very well received by all. I’ve always wondered how drawing in VR/3d space would feel like.

Dog Frisbee - good attempt, too bad things didn’t go the way Tamami hoped it would. I don’t recall seeing her crying before, it was a bit sad.

Yuri’s Animation - technically, she made it - but yeah, maybe she did ‘trapped’ herself there with that added stipulation.

Asuka’s Henmen performance - the best performance of the episode, maybe for all 3 episodes.

My top 3 ranking would be:
    1. Asuka
    2. Umezawa
    3. Mayu-tan

• Like Like x 2
  15. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Kitagawa has such a unique way of seeing the world.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Yuri! bad move! there should be limit for daydreaming :^^;:
    [shouldn't lure the Sadistic Shitara for sure]

if the video does not show watch the video here

Hence Asuka the master of tools :worthy:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  17. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

It’s too bad about Tamami, it looks like the windy weather threw off their performance. I noticed that Mizuki says Tamami’s been practicing for about 2 months. I guess the Fuji hit campaign delay pushed this show forward?

Kitagawa’s explanation for why her fingers were bandaged was so bizarre that I’m still not sure I understand it correctly:
    “You know how there’s easy-grip mechanical pencils? I fall asleep if I use those, so I bought a difficult-grip mechanical pencil.”
    …Weirdest Nogizaka member ever?

Asuka banzai! It’s nice to see her so happy for a job well done, and with the added bonus that all footage of her trying hard is edited out, just as she’d prefer. Kazumin being very Kazumin, trying to figure out the puzzle.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  18. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    When Kaiser show his devil side, that was the best moment in this episode for me. :D But, Shitara also gave Tamami another chance, and then she is also failed on that second chance, which makes Zukki also need to take the batsu game.:D

Yuri part was amazing. But, as Shitara said, her challenge is difficult to measure whether it is, succeed or failed. So, innocently she proposed the "at least one member cried" idea, which is eventually backfired. :DI understand why members didn't cry because Yuri challenge is so cute and beautiful. However, when I see it from the story point of view, it is pretty sad, actually.

Asuka's performance is my favorite. And, I agree with the breathing part was the difficult part of this act. Asuka breathing show that the mask is made of fabric, that can destroy the illusion that it was made of solid material, which is the core of the Henmen art. Nevertheless, she pulled that off nicely. Plus, she looks beautiful... :inlove:

Next week, the Queen of VTR. I expect some unique and weird projects from these girls.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    The best part is Kazumi tried to shed tears but didn't come out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Doraleous

Doraleous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsuoka Hana
    Hey, I've been checking the Construction episodes through the usual channels that foreign fans have and: where did the sports competition go? 2 episodes ago it ended with the shooting part and I was under the impression that there'd be more but these last episodes don't seem to be it? (everyone was in the studio and there were group challenges and all, I liked that) Sorry if it's a stupid question.