1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[Subbed] Hinatazaka46 Shows Thread.

Discussion in 'General Hinatazaka46 Discussion' started by Xiphyas, Jun 25, 2019.

1. signupsus

signupsus Member

Well that seems silly to let one person have that much control over what you do. The only thing that makes sense to me is that it's an excuse to stop doing something they didn't want to do in the first place.

Because lots of us appreciate their work.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. kaelmorann

kaelmorann Kenkyuusei

Like people said its true, i decide to take my leave as international fansubber. It's not the first time im getting complaint with my shitty low quality hardsub.
    If making hardsub high quality is mandatory for international fans, Sorry but we cant follow that.
    And its me and my team policy not to release softsub after what happened before, and we have to do whatever it takes to protect our work.

Sakamichi Station originally from Indonesia, we begin to work on Eng sub to fill the gap for current exisiting subber who busy irl before this. Its not our plan to stay this long in international community.
    At first we are happy with positive respond from international fans, but we are getting more complaint about how shitty our hardsub starting from Hinabingo.

I guess we are too naive about we are doing good with this kind of stuff in local, we also can do the same thing just fine in international.

Retranslating Jpn-Indo-Eng take much time, it may stupid but that's the only way I can think of..

Encoding offer is nice, but we just cant accept outside help for old eps like gana oshi 44, and its not only our work but also cubo's work.

I dont expect you to understand my decision, you can call me silly I dont care but please stop blaming others, who dont understand japanese and want to watch variety with sub, bcz of them we can keep going on like this.

I dont do this for glory or click, I dont even put ads to gain money for my sub. I only love the group, that's all.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. signupsus

signupsus Member

I apologize for using the word "silly." Now that it's obvious it was because of more than one person, it makes more sense.

I'll say again I appreciate the work you did to this point. I hope maybe in the future you could let someone you trust get the Indonesian soft subs - not for distribution, but only that they could make their own English subs. The approach does make some sense to me, and isn't stupid at all.

Again, thanks for everything. There are plenty of us who appreciate it.

4. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Hi.

Please stop using insults or adjectives against other forum members.

Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

This is nuts.

There are so few people doing Hinata subs. So now people are demanding that they redo it in a higher quality because its not up to their standards.
    They aren't doing this for money.
    How entitled can someone be?

• Like Like x 5
  6. blindastaroth

blindastaroth Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kodama Haruka
    Twitter:
    BlindAstaroth
    And all this happen, because someone want a Hardsub in HD 1080p 4K... well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess, if they cant give you a video in super high resolution with multiple language for you

I dont mind if the hardsub is in 480p... the important thing here is, they are doing a job, a good job, providing us with subs that even is their primary language!!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Agreed.

From the Rules:
    if you disagree with someone, you should provide a well-reasoned post with facts or logic, as opposed to merely belittling the other user.Moreover, do not tee up your response by insulting/disparaging the person you are addressing.

Name calling is not permitted.

• Like Like x 3
  8. DaMoonRulz

DaMoonRulz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitofuyuka
    Kinda feels like these statements are contradictory.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be acknowledged for the hard work you've done, but it's not really selfless if you'd rather turn down an offer to help encode a higher res video and stop Eng Subbing altogether than to risk having someone else take credit for a Sub

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. kaelmorann

kaelmorann Kenkyuusei

There are some good people here who have access to my softsub for retranslate purpose into their own local language, all they do is ask me through DM.

Re-encode is different case, especially since I dont know the person is.. or sometimes my work collaborate with other team so I cant just decide easily to accept re-encode offer

• Like Like x 2
  10. DaMoonRulz

DaMoonRulz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitofuyuka
    I'm a lay-person when it comes to understanding the process, so I won't be offended if you explain it to me like a grade-schooler (actually it would probably be helpful).

Why does knowing the person matter? What's the worst thing they could do? That's not a rhetorical question; I honestly don't know what the worst thing they could do is.

If you're doing something collaboratively I can see people being upset if they feel their time was wasted by doing duplicate work, but in general if it's a crowd-sourced effort surely a bigger crowd helps take the pressure off individuals and spreads the workload, right?

11. tbs

tbs Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takamoto Ayaka
    I feel like the problem here is that he didn't word himself nicely, and at first asked for kaelmorann to fix things for him when others had no problems with it before. I can see why that can be seen as entitled, as I would see it that way too.

It's a subber's choice to let others edit their work or not, and subs being done out of selflessness/out of love for the group doesn't mean people can do as they please on their works. Please respect that at the very least...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. call me cubo

call me cubo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    小悪魔のあっしゅ
    Twitter:
    dipolacubo
    well man, you can't trust anybody just like that. moreover, after what they have done. there are thousands way to offering a help to them and why it should start with a 'complaint'?
    can you say its a good thing to do?

some ppl sometimes sent pm/dm to me when they really care and want to help with no insulting words. take care of your thumbs because in this era, your thumbs can kill ppl

• Like Like x 12
  13. SilverZephyr

SilverZephyr Member

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase/Hinatazaka46
    Twitter:
    Silver_Zephyrus
    i fully understand your decision, btw, can I message you and possibly also cubo about the subs? I would like to help out in any way I can because without subbers, I probably wouldn't have watched GanaOshi and HinaAi. Hinatazaka wasn't really on my radar before I started watching your subbed shows.

• Like Like x 4
  14. DaMoonRulz

DaMoonRulz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitofuyuka
    I still don't understand what there is about it that requires trust

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Coming out of the dungeon to say that we really should respect the subbers when it comes making decisions about their subs. It's fine to ask but don't insist, and be grateful. I was part of a subbing team very briefly many years ago, and the amount of effort and time it takes to translate even a short 5-min video is astounding. If the subbers want full autonomy over their subs, then respect that. If the subbers don't want to collaborate with strangers, then respect that. If the subbers want to stop making their subs for whatever reason (they don't even owe you a reason), then respect that.

We all know that Hinata shows are absolute gold. I've converted a countless number of my American friends into Hinata fans by sending them my favorite, funniest Hina Ai/Hinabingo episodes and clips. Subbed Hina shows are absolutely vital in growing Hina's international fandom, more so than for other groups out there, in my opinion, because our girls are just so good at variety. That's why the Hina subbers deserve a million claps for their work, and why we should remain grateful and never feel entitled to anything more than what the subbers are giving us. You can make suggestions worded nicely, but ultimately, the decision lies within the subbers, and only the subbers, to take that suggestion or not. Let's all be more respectful towards our dedicated subbers here.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 6
  16. Rahmadhika99

Rahmadhika99 Kenkyuusei

that's unfortunate.

17. devildante

devildante Member

Huh? I thought I downloaded oshi from sakamichi station and it was HD

Or were you talking about the english? From depressing? I think all depressing's works come in 720p - 1080p right?

Sent from My Loli World

18. Cost

Cost Kenkyuusei

Me too :v

19. Wolfpig

Wolfpig Kenkyuusei

He was talking about an english sub....i think the last/second to last with the Bar (forgot how they named it....not even sure who exactly subbed it) was a not so good encode (no idea if it was because of the encoding, or of a sub par raw which was used)...think it was in 720p but in a more low bitrate then the other ones...which had a slightly visible effect on the whole thing, but it could have been worse.

Disclaimer: This is not a complaint about anything.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  20. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    I downloaded the video @Surkledott was talking about and I think the criticisms he made in his initial post are totally valid. The issues that encode has have nothing to do with storage space or PC specs either. I'd be really curious to know what process @kaelmorann uses to encode his hardsubs and what raw he encodes from because there's probably some really simple changes that could be made to fix those issues. For example, television broadcasts have a frame rate of 29.97fps but the encode was done at 30fps which is why the frame rate looks so choppy. If you don't change the frame rate that problem goes away.

I took some screenshots to demonstrate the washed out colours. The first comparison is between detruisto's raw from Aidoru!Online (443MB) and the SakamachiStation hardsub (322MB). The second is between the hardsub and a heavily compressed encode I made from dutruisto's raw. I used ffmpeg with the default x264 settings and a crf of 35 (the higher the number the worse the quality, it's not recommended to go above 28, detruisto used 23) which ended up only being 94MB. Notice how that even though my encode is a very low bitrate the colours still look correct. The issue is caused either by the software/settings that @kaelmorann is using or the raw he's encoding from.

click to switch between images:
    https://slow.pics/comparison/4c6218d4-ac11-4cfb-9aff-2bca4c79c7a9
    https://slow.pics/comparison/63af746c-46e2-4005-aac3-6f1b2532884f

I hope this shows that the level of quality being asked for isn't that high and that decent results can easily be achieved using something like HandBreak (GUI application as opposed to ffmpeg which is a command line application) with the default settings and a good raw.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1