1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single MNL48 5th [High Tension] (2019.11.25)

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by Shinga Kurukato, Sep 21, 2019.

1. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    High Tension performance from the closing of Coslandia:

if the video does not show watch the video here

This was the only performance where fans were allowed to take a video. First performance didn't have Sela and Faith while the 2nd one had all of senbatsu.

Team songs are apparently done by audition so it's either the people in charge aren't liking MII's performances (but honestly they always kill it during Labrador Retriever and Kokoro no Placard) or there's something wrong with the group dynamics of Team MII.

2. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    My thoughts exactly. That, or simple favoritism for N4 and L, but I don't see any reason for that.

There's almost no way it's the former when they have heavy hitters like Sheki, Rans, and Jamie, so the question is the latter.

In fact, that might actually be the problem. We've actually brought up this up before on this forum, but we might finally be seeing it now.

Along with the aforementioned 3, they also have Faith, Emz, and don't forget used to have Sayaka. [Edit: Alice is also popular in her own right. That's, what, almost half the team now?] When you look at that way, that might just be it: M2 has too many heavy hitters. This might be affecting team dynamics, and worst case scenario there's a power struggle (for ace or center).

Much as I hated the general election like everyone else, this is also why I was ok with a team reshuffle rather than pure replacement. Specifically to avoid situations like this.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    It seems like it is a power struggle in Team MII, like what you said there are so many heavy hitters that they try to overpower each other in team auditions. That or they didn't get it because of the whole Cess fiasco who apparently wanted to quit after the Gingham Check MV was filmed.

I don't want a shuffle until original MII gets to enjoy their own team song in a single tbh. After that they can maybe do it after the next elections assuming there will be no evictions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    And I agree. It's just, audition or not, I feel like they've deserved to have one already. And we all know it.

Also, on that note, where was it outed that team songs are chosen by audition? This thread is actually the first I've heard of it.

5. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Allegedly, in all activities (senbatsu, participation in activities abroad, team songs, etc), members are chosen through auditions. While it's likely true that an audition setup is done, but on how fair and unbiased it is, will just depend on how much you trust HHE.

I read before, take this with a grain of salt, that Team L got Igai Mango because their translation was the best among the 3 teams. Yup, the lyrics were said to be translated by the members.

On that note, I still think MII should have been given one team song.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  6. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

High Tension Coslandia 2019 Performance (Closer Version)

by O'Taco Bites

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  7. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)

Official Lyrics Video of High Tension

I must say...it's catchy

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Eee! This is such an AMAZING COVER! And, OMG! Green Flash as well?? Wow! That makes me excited!

But, like some in here, I do wish we had Team songs. We're already on the 5th Single and still no Team Songs? I hope they can figure something out for future Singles.

9. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

What are you talking about? Most of their singles have Team songs. :^^;:

10. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Really? Then what are we talking about here? Did I mis-read? Awe man! I'm sorry! :oops::oops::oops:

11. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Just so we're all on the same page:

Team specific coupling songs.

Team L has 2 songs
    Team N4 now has 2 songs
    Team M2 has no songs

Yes, it's strange. Oh well lol

12. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Some members talked about the auditions for the team songs. I think in the 2nd GE mini concert, Team L mentioned it. I do hope MII finally gets their team song in the next single or the 1st album. It's been long overdue and I feel really bad for the girls who have been there since the start but hasn't filmed an MV yet outside of that 365 cameo.

An insider on reddit said before that HHE does hold an audition (you can also see it in ICYMI) and they'll send their lineup to AKS for approval and AKS has the right to switch some girls in and out of senbatsu.

Technically MII has 1/2 team song/s (Labrador Retriever and Kokoro no Placard) they're just unreleased. There was also that video of Team L practicing 10nen Zakura.

Green Flash performance by Gabb, Belle, Cole, Jamie, Sela, Dian, Alice, and Faith. Hope Wish FM releases the Wish Bus performance.

The centers for the songs btw:
    1. High Tension - Gabb
    2. 1!2!3!4! YOROSHIKU! - Coleen and Brei
    3. Green Flash - Gabb and Yssa

13. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Green Flash is always nice to hear in any language honestly.

Also, sorry again for mis-reading!

14. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    So it ain't Abby with Coco and it ain't Sheki with Gabb?

15. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I don't doubt that an audition is done but it being objective though and not leaning too much in favor of the so-called favorites would really depend on how much one trusts HHE. Past incidents can make any fan lean more on not trusting much though.

Anyway, still no centership for Abby??? Not even co-center for 1234! Yoroshiku??? That's just sad considering how popular she is.

And if indeed 1234 gets the 2nd PV, then excluding Coleen from senbatsu was a calculated move indeed.

16. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    She centered First Rabbit with Sheki though

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Sorry, my bad, I was only thinking of the songs with PV since those tend to get promoted more.

Thank you for the info :)

18. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Nope. Abby along with Ruth I think has Yagami Kumi and Takayanagi Akane's parts. Then Sheki is either doing Sayanee or Takamina's parts (Sheki and Jamie are the rappers for this song).

Yup now it feels like a calculated move since NIV got the short end of the stick in the senbatsu.

19. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Much more better. But I'm still waiting something more than this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Green Flash Lyrics (Eng, Tag)

• Informative Informative x 1