1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MUB48 & DEL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I am not sure about entertainment industry in Delhi but based on other 48 Group (including Japan) which being established on the major cities in particular country (except NGT48 and STU48), it is not surprising that Delhi is being chosen to establish 48 Group there.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-10-largest-cities-in-india.html

2. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I think this is more of a social preferences compared to caste
    I'm really interested to see how the people will react to MUB48 concept and member in case they got popular, considering they're usually going with down to earth idol kind of concept.

3. babadook

babadook Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Pupe
    New social media post alert
    -Auditions confirmed to be going until November
    -"Debutante Event" will also be held in November as soon as the auditions wrap up
    Well folks, looks like DEL48 is going to be a reality very soon.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. naamincenter48

naamincenter48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Asai Nanami
    I'm a little confused,I thought DEL and MUB where supposed to debut together..

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I guess in November they'll just introduce the members but for their official debut, they'll probably wait for MUB to finish first

• Like Like x 2
  6. akboa96

akboa96 Kenkyuusei

I like this idea. I'd just like to point out that its Delhi girls in general that have more of a diva stereotype. Bollywood is also made up of mostly north Indians, or specifically Punjabis, which is much more representative of Delhi than Mumbai.

Delhi forms the basis of a lot of Bollywood movies though the actual film city is is Mumbai. Entertainment wise Delhi has a bunch of culture centers. Delhi is the capital of India so there's a lot of focus on showcasing regional culture (music, movies, food, etc) in Delhi, as well as showcasing cultures of other countries through the embassies and their cultural centers which are locaged in Delhi. The Japan Foundtion and the Japanese embassy organises Japanese film festivals every year in India which was earlier limited to Delhi and are now expanding to other Indian cities. The Korean Cultural Center also organises kpop events in Delhi every year. Delhi in general though has a very big Punjabi influence so most entertainment in weddings, clubs, parties, etc in Delhi would be either Bollywood or Punjabi.

Interestingly Punjabi music tends to get more views on YT than Bollywood videos, example
    if the video does not show watch the video here
    which has close to a billion views.

Also another side note, Bollywood music is like 40% Punjabi, 50% Hindi and 10% other Indian languages even though Bollywood movies themselves are in Hindi.

• Informative Informative x 8
  7. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    From a Facebook post, looks like the auditions is on it's final phase

• Like Like x 3
  8. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    That was a nice video, @akboa96. Thanks for sharing!

And, really? This is exciting news! I hope we see them before Christmas! At least revealed, I mean. Like with CMG48.

9. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Should we be worried about this?

10. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    why though?

11. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Whether or not that'd be the route these girls would take? Idk.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  12. TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia Kenkyuusei

Artists like those aren't mainstream and their songs aren't played on radio or music TV channels, so no.

13. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    what.png

Is this true?

14. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    Perhaps, since it's the logical reason. But, why did they choose 15 members? It's supposedly 16 members.

15. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Maybe they try focusing on first impression before doing theater performance? Because it seems to be easier to recognize each member with less than 20 number. They'll probably held 2nd gen audition next year and add at least 20 member

16. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    To be fair, not even AKB48 themselves had 16 members in their original gens [hehe] AKB48 1st Gen had 20 (21 when Shinoda Mariko joined late), 2nd gen had 17 and 3rd gen had 13 members :^^;: SKE, NMB and HKT had 16 each, but then NGT had 12 and STU had 31.

As for international groups, JKT had 28, SNH had 26, BNK had 23 and MNL had... well, 73.

I really don't think they care about the 16 member 'rule' anymore, if they ever really did that much.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

It's wrong. :^^;:
    3rd gen had 18. SKE 1st gen had 23. NMB 1st gen had 26. HKT 1st gen had 21. NGT48 1st gen had 22.
    1st gen was always a BIG gen with many members. So 15 is quite strange number.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. onego123

onego123 Member

BNK's(and SGO) 1st gen had 29, and MNL was 64. The wiki says 75 because the election decided the members, but only 64 were actually offered contracts.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 21.59.10.png
    3rd gen had 18 candidates, but 13 actual members. It's different because they didn't have Kenkyuusei/Seed for 3rd Gen yet, but I realise I've made a mistake with the others.

I misread. The sister groups (except for NGT) had more members, but only used 16 members to form the first respective team of their group (i.e. SKE 1st gen had 23 members but Team S originally had 16).

With BNK I made the same mistake; 29 members but 23 of them made Team BIII :^^;:

20. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

18 members were introduced at their event, so I still don't know why wiki list them as candidates. 5 were dropped before actual debut.

We are discussing how many girls in DEL 1st gen. It's will be a long time before a team being formed. ;)

Btw, we know they always recruit many girls because some girls don't sign the contract. STU had 44 girls passed audition but only 31 debuted. SGO had more than 30 girls, same as BNK. I worry that some girls will drop DEL so 15 is still uncertained number.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1