1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    You know, I'm not even a fan of the group so my opinion doesn't really matter, but when the real second placed contestant ends in 15th, the sixth placed in 17th, the 18th in third, the 19th in 10th, the 16th in 4th, or the 10th in 18th, this goes beyond what fans want or don't want to happen.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    International exposure? Getting luxury gift from fans? Lots of fansite? no more gravures?

Back to the topic...
    X1's case are pretty mess compared to IZ*ONE since they just debuted few months ago and there's lot of butthurt fangirls *cough*jinhyuk and mingyu*cough* (even the one who demanded police to investigate the mess was Mingyu fan). At first, netizens witch-hunted trainees from Starship, Woollim and MBK, but later netizen supported the boys.

Wanna One's case are more mess since there's initial final line-up poster with Kim Samuel and Nu'est JR + Baekho but then they're "swapped" with Jisung, Jaehwan and Sungwoon. And after the news which revealed a member of Wanna One were rigged, netizen started to witch-hunt them (eventhough Wanna One have disbanded :fp: )

As for those who want police to reveal the true PD48's final ranking, prolly from other girl group's hardcore fans :fear: like black pink, dia and loona

That's from a poll created from a Japanese Kpop site and the voters mostly were Japanese Kpop fans http://s.wowkorea.jp/poll/polls.asp?PollID=375
    Mostly, GP prolly will not care with the rigging news while wotas are too busy with Chiho young girl with long, straight black hair... [hehe]

=============================
    Stolen from redboy Hii's thread https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/entame/news/1649154/
    According from this news, Sakunako will return to HKT and lead the 2nd era of HKT while Hii will leave her eito friends and join Rocket Punch. Didn't mention about K-lines future

• Like Like x 4
  3. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

That basically the entire theme of Produce48.

That basically ridiculous btw. Even CJ E&M remove as much as they could we stil end up 4 members in IZ*ONE irregardless of rigging.

It is very hard to detect since most of the fan thought the drastic change is due to the change from 12picks to 2pick and eventually 1pick. That is basically the justification of why Nu'est JR is out of top 11 in the final which he is basically everyone 2nd, 3rd, 4th pick, not the main pick. In produce48 case, after the 11 episode which we saw the top 2 and majority of the top12 is consist of 48G members, I always thought that the final result is just Korean do the total obliteration of 48G members.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Henry Dill

Henry Dill Kenkyuusei

5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    I suspect there was another reason why Mnet changed the final rankings that much, if that is truly the real ranking. Since the first episode the Japanese members were treated as a bunch of useless :censored:, so useless that they could never compare to the perfection of the Korean contestants, even though most of those were also nobodies in the industry. And what did we get in the end? Seven out of twelve winners were from the 48 Group, Japanese. What does that mean to the K-Pop industry? They've always sold the idea that Korean fans want solid dancing, facial surgeries, asses shaking, you know what else. But it took only one reality show to prove that maybe things aren't like that. The Japanese girls could do things right with proper training (and it didn't take that long), their imperfection won, their girl next door character and looks won, the J-Pop system won. And we're not talking of girls that were already popular; sure, Sakura, Nako or Miru were, but Shitao? Hii (from NMB48)? Even the losers Myao and Miyu ranked pretty high. They didn't even care about the anti campaigns against some of the Japanese girls, they didn't care about WWII. Goddammit, the top two were Japanese!!! So many dogmas were completely crushed. How could Mnet ever accept that? And how could they promote IZ*ONE worldwide as any other K-Pop group when most of its members would be Japanese?

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  6. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Eating the info from koreaboo again? god lords, and we already stated here that we didn't even surprised if the final lineup is made entirely from 48G, and we didn't cared much about it and others, except for the current members situations and health atm, so erm, next . . . news with reliable source pls:fp:

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. Midori

Midori Member

This has already been debunked.
    Those rankings are the rankings as they were at the third elimination, prior to the PD sitting down to meddle with them.

Here's the Reddit thread from just after the 11th episode detailing the rankings:
    ttps://www.reddit.com/r/Produce48/comments/99xw95/produce_48_episode_11_3rd_elimination_ranking/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

Damn, Myao at 2nd! This really sucks for her if true.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  9. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    TBH I wouldn't be surprised, if the PD and the other 2 dexcited to change the line up because they wanted to excluded some AKB members because of the nationality. But I remember when the ranking before the elimination was announced almost all of the netizens were complaining that most of the girls in the top 12 were japanese, and when the final top12 was announced they felt better because there were more korean members. I think the reason was like it was mentioned in the news, that they did it because they saw girls who weren't fit for the image they were looking for.
    Now, if AKS agreed with this (which I doubt), I guess it'd be for a similar reason, with IZ*ONE they wanted to reach for a new public in Japan (kpop fans), and that could be a reason of why they didn't let the japanese to vote because wotas could have voted too and the line up (at least the finalists) could've been more the ones they preferred. So AKS wanted to avoid that too. Anyway we're close to the truth, 13 days left for the trial.

10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I mean... the voting is still open and nobody's stopping anyone from voting. Since it made it to Stage48 (and I've seen it on a few discord servers too), I'm not sure how biased it really is.

That... is not the final ranking. That is the officially announced ranking of Episode 11. Myao came first in the 9th episode ranking list in case y'all forgot

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Miyu will be debuting in Mystic’s Girl Group. Mystic is a subsidiary to SM, which is the #1 music company in Korea.

So she’s about to get her rightful debut.

• Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. GATX105

GATX105 Member

What you're saying is true but I just want to present another aspect and that is that there are supposedly now more izone fans that became fans after PD48 (or regardless of PD48?) and many of the reasons given were that izone is great in performances or that they're fashionable which is impacted by being good looking. I think the line-up is really stacked with naturally skilled dancers and singers and really good looking members. Many of the 48G members can keep up with proper training and over time but there's a big difference between keeping up and really excelling so others have to keep up with you. As we saw in the PD48 performances, the good performances are usually made up of mostly k-trainess with some j-trainees. Sakura aside, nako and hiichan are I think the best dancers from the remaining top 20 j-trainees and they're both young, cute, and have anime-like singing voices that none of the koreans have. So these two almost don't have to keep up and can even excel over the other k-members in some areas. The other j-trainees left have their own talents too but an investing-person would probably pick these two first.

Also, the people voting include (who knows how many or how few) voters that wanted the group to fail and disliked m-net quite a bit. And so there were troll votes picking members that they think would make the group not succeed or members they know mnet didn't like. And just a small nuance in the penultimate ranking -- these contained the bonus points from concept so if those were removed for episode 12 and you get the same results, chowon would have been in and miru out.

The "confession" from the PD that's going around is that he was pressured by wanna one's success. Everyone picked kinda fits with the concept they chose and with each other and everyone is either a skilled dancer, a naturally good vocalist, or a really good-looking visual. And some members like chaewon, eunbi and yujin are all three imo. So I think he just picked the members who he thought would make the best group.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Yeah that's what I mentioned in my comment, although I don't think he's being sincere I think it makes sense what he mentioned.
    Although I do agree about Hii-chan I don't think Nako was seen as one of the best dancers among the 48G girls, and with each release I think she doesn’t fit that much with the group, if I were the PD at that moment I would have chosen Miu instead because I think she had an image more fitting with the kpop style. I think that Nako was chosen so she could be paired up with Hitomi, those 2 are always getting the same lines in Korean releases and their voices can sound very similar sometimes.
    I agree with what you mentioned about the penultimate ranking.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    lol, people beclowning themselves over the 'uncovered' 11th episode rankings :^^;::^^;:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Well nako did move from f to a mostly due to her relaxed dancing and good lines but maybe any difference is not that distinguishable. However, she is pretty unique and other girl groups don't have a "nako" in their line-up.

I agree a little bit with you re the PD but whether we believe him or not and whether backroom "fixes" have already been made, what he says is what the prosecution is running with and there likely won't be other proof other than what he offers.

Re the text vote results, rather than releasing what could have been the line-up, I'm hoping they just compensate all 8 trainees that did not make it using money from mnet's portion of the profits. I think the line-up's only useful purpose is so trainees can be properly compensated. And maybe compensate OT12 too because they suffered too (especially those that would have made it in regardless).

16. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well, as long as fans are Happy with having Nako as a member there's no problem. And yeah, she has an uniqueness you can't find in another group.
    About what he mentions if there's no other proof I don't think it'll change that much because there are many things that have been discovered now.
    About the text votes, as I said before it will be used as evindence, and it's very likely that's the starting point of the investigation. As I read somewhere, of the police went to investigate specific agencies, then that means they already knew what was the real ranking, if I remember well, they got the data from the telephone company that provided the service. Which makes me think that even if it's not released by the police someone might leak it after the case is done or even one of these days. There many people who wants to use that data for their personal purposes it might even be used for exhortation.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Mancave

Mancave Kenkyuusei

and why its wrong for fans to defend their faves. everyone have the rights to express their opinion including all sakura fans. one can have their favourite and could careless about the other members. especially in this rough time where it can jeopardize the future of their favourite member.
    If wonyoung's company allegedly doing dirty, her position have the right to be questioned.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Mancave

Mancave Kenkyuusei

Back then sakura wanted to destroy akb. Now this mess is the right time for sakura to destroy izone for good :^O^::^O^:

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Henry Dill

Henry Dill Kenkyuusei

I agree. Its like Starship is representing here, some of the posts that I read.

NEWS: The Official IZ*ONE Japanese Fan Club Begins Refunding Members. They are also no longer accepting new members.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. claymore

claymore Member

Well... she actually missed both chances because NGT gate already damaged AKB and CJ E&M, MNet & Starship destroy izone :hehe::hehe:

• Creative Creative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1