1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
  2. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    If anything, they should thank Starship to buy her that number 1 position which let her centered the singles. Oh, but unfortunately they got caught badly.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Doraleous

Doraleous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsuoka Hana
    Real talk, if Sakura unleashed her full powers and the misguided anger of her fanbase, she could even destroy the much vaunted and taken for granted Sakamichi groups.

I pray she'll return to HKT feeling good about the group... for HKT itself.

• Dislike x 3
    • Disagree x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Winner x 1
  4. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Plot twist: AKS change the positions of the girls for every japanese single, including the center.
    And actually, I think that's the reason why the only japanese A-side they've performed in Korea and kpop festivals is Suki to Iwasetai. Becuase is the only one with Wonyoung as center. I don't count the Buenos Aires performance we saw in Our Time because even tough ito happened in Korea was released in the Japanese market, and it was a private event for the fans.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Agree with this 100%

Heck, I can be labeled as a Sakura hater and all but I don't see anything wrong if her fans are demanding for the rank she really earned.

Besides, with all the push and screentime she got from the show, not ranking #1 was falling short of what's to be expected from her.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Gilrandy

Gilrandy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    :awesome:
    Umm compared to 46 she would be destroyed right? Look at this list
    https://ameblo.jp/kazchan345/entry-12465633419.html

Anyway i gotta admit that being in izone helped her popularity as her rank increased but since izone gonna disband soon, comeback to 48 will do no good for her. Best chance to stay relevant is solo carreer as model/actrees (she has the looks but not the talent) or 46 transfer/kennin :awesome::awesome:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Mancave

Mancave Kenkyuusei

Even if sakamichi is more popular act, she is too ambitious to be just techi’s backdancer.

She is just screwed over. Just release the real votes and she is safe. After izone disbanded she can stay in korea and would still relevant though it will not in izone level popularity. Some koreans would still rolled eyes to her because she’s japanese and because she’s from izone, the product of fraud.

Anyway i wonder if right now there is split inside izone members. Would they still consider the certain members close friend/family even if it will cause harm to their future? I bet some agency would give some warning to keep distance from certain members to avoid bad effects from those members. After all agency only care about their artist and wouldn’t want their artist to be stained from the bad effect of the other members.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    I keep seeing people say to compensate the girls who got rigged out.

How do you exactly compensate for this? How do you compensate for being rigged out of an opportunity of a lifetime? For taking your own time off for the show and then being rigged out? For having to make drastic changes to your own career for being rigged out? For all the trauma that has been caused by this bullshit? How do you put a value on something that has such an impact of life-long consequences?

9. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    You can't put a value on something like that, but at least some compensation is better than none.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think the compensation is in regards to the delayed comeback, not the Produce series.

11. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I'm kinda happy she's debuting in a group and not completely solo.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Is it possible AKS and Mnet comes to a agreement that, if the rigged members whoever they are leaves the group, the rightful ones Miho, Miru and Miu can replace them in Izone? I would mention Miyu, but she's gonna debut so.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  13. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

No, then that group would not be Izone. The 12 members we have right now are Izone, for such a large ensemble they have a near perfect mix of dancing, singing and visual and plugging in other people would ruin that balance. Not to mention that it's the bonds between members that have grown over the last year are important to the members and to fans. What possible chemistry could Chowon, Myao or any of these others have with existing Izone members?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Tbh it would be too weird to replace members, especially at this point

With that said, whoever got rigged out should get another opportunity to debut in a Kpop group, with a group similar to IBI & JBJ

This goes for both those from Produce 48 & Produce X 101

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. madnan1251

madnan1251 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kodama Haruka, Miyawaki Sakura
    nah whatever sakura does in the future she would still be relevant, her personality is rare among idols

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Compensation (in the legal sense) is mostly concerned about economic loss -- it's not meant to address all loss. In many cases these other losses can't be fixed so just blame AYJ and company for that.

Why are they the rightful ones? Unless you meant the 3rd elimination ranking which as everyone pointed out is not the final ranking.
    Izone's success is because of the efforts of OT12 so (I think) no one is leaving.

17. bluefalcon347

bluefalcon347 Kenkyuusei

Big rumor on reddit, sourced from dcinside.
    To summarize the important parts regarding Izone specifically, disbanding was discussed, but was decided it won't happen. Izone will have their comeback in January. CJ ENM was strong in wanting to keep the groups together.

This person is claiming to have connections with Izone people. As proof shot, he/she posted unreleased photo's of Sakura and Wonyoung.
    https://i.redd.it/8oa7vsei0b341.jpg

Also, Nako and Hitomi were spotted at Olive Young in Korea.
    https://twitter.com/kimpeeppeep/status/1203659440550903808

Again, this is all rumor/gossip until confirmed.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    As I mentioned before fans, can romanticize too much the bond of the members as if they can't live without being together. I mean they all have families, friends and separate lives, in the end they're just partners that work in a project for a determined period of time. Because once the contract ends they will take their own path and that bond fans romanticize will be gone forever. So if it gets to happen that Chowon or Myao or any other finalist gets into IZ*ONE, it'll be like getting a new partner at work. And the girls would just have to adjust to her, and I don't think they would have any problem with a new member either, it's with the fans the issue. And I hope if something like that happens they can be comprehensive with the situation and the girls. Fans can't control the hearts, minds and decisions of their idols and their companies.

Assuming @Merika said, it'd be weird to replace members especially at this point, I think at most the only change in the line up that could happen is adding more members, if the rigged out members wish of course.

Personally speaking I'm so used to the OT12, and it's curious how this group with just 12 members can be so dynamic, within the 3 first singles we've saw more change of center than most of the 48 and 46 groups. And even tough I mentioned before that I wish they could add more members in the future so the group could become permanet, it also worries me that it could affect the dynamism of the group by focusing only on the first members. I don't know what will happen in the future but we have to trust they all make the best decision for everyone, because CJ is not the only one who has to decide the future of IZ*ONE there are many parties involved in this. So it's natural we haven't seen an announcement yet becuase they all have to agree.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    ^ Honestly, I’d be here for the rigged out members being added. Though of course all of them may not wish to be in, such as Miyu who is soon to debut in a GG, and a permanent one at that. And Miru probably wouldn’t want to be in (unless she still wants to meet Yeri).

So that would likely mean Miho, Miu, & Kaeun could join, maybe Chowon if she was genuinely in the top 12. But overall, 14-16 would be better since they’re currently an even numbered GG.

This would be especially good for Miho since this is (possibly) her last chance to debut in a Kpop GG, and of course Kaeun who was a huge fan favorite too who deserved to debut after her hard work trying to get past the hiatus/disbandment bs After School had.

So either that or a special group for them should happen.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Disagree (mod edit)

Disagree (mod edit)

Kaeun looks like an old lady and Myao IS an old lady. Whatever reason they were out of the group those are good reasons why.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1